PDA

View Full Version : Character name [bug]

aquascaper
08-21-2014, 07:16 PM
There is this one character name that I really want. Unfortunately, I am unable to obtain it because it contains a bad word in it (even without the vowel). When I try to create a new character with this name, it says that it is inappropriate. However, when I try to rename my character, it shows the error that says that some characters are not allowed (ex numbers and spaces).

Instanthumor
08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
I believe you must email support for this problem.

Andrisber
08-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Ugh, it is kinda useless to email support, they cannot change it from bad word to good word (found one animal name buut... it is a ''BadWord'')

aquascaper
08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
To clarify, I am reporting the bug of it displaying the wrong error, not not letting me name my character. I discovered this bug while trying to rename my character.

aquascaper
08-23-2014, 04:54 PM
The new name was going to be "Fishtank" because it is a warrior/tank and because all my characters have fish-related names. (notice the last 2 letters of "fish" and the first of "tank" are what prevents me from getting it)

Serancha
08-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Email support. I don't see how anything can be construed as inappropriate from Fishtank....Excessive censorship at it's best.

aquascaper
08-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Email support. I don't see how anything can be construed as inappropriate from Fishtank....Excessive censorship at it's best.

I've already emailed support and am awaiting a reply.

obee
08-24-2014, 08:01 PM
I've already emailed support and am awaiting a reply.

2-3 business days

obee
08-24-2014, 08:02 PM

It's the chat filter...and that was like 1 month ago no one complains about it now lol.

Zylx
08-24-2014, 10:56 PM
I don't think support will name your characters anything blocked by the chat filter anymore. I was discussing it with a fellow player a while back, and he said support denied his request because there was a history of abuse with the service. We came to the conclusion that other people had asked support for the rename, and ended up "selling" their names to other players (which isn't okay, and can lead to scamming). I still have my names on my account (stitch, titanic, title, entitled, stitches), but if they ever get deleted they're gone for good.

If they do, however, decide to fulfill your request, you need at least 30 plat in your account to rename your character (they won't rename for free).

Endkey
08-25-2014, 04:01 AM
i also want some names and and of them contains tit while the other is just a countrys name..how can a countries name be abusive?

Zylx
08-26-2014, 12:15 AM
i also want some names and and of them contains tit while the other is just a countrys name..how can a countries name be abusive?

It's not necessarily about whether or not these names are inappropriate, it's more about the newer players requesting these names and turning around and selling them (scamming) for quick money (abusing support). It's unfortunate that one group of people have to ruin it for everyone else.

hercthegod
08-26-2014, 10:08 AM
There are some banned names that are no longer in use that i want .-. , If they get Perma ban they don't give the ign back out :/

Ign: Manipulativ

Zylx
08-27-2014, 02:02 AM
There are some banned names that are no longer in use that i want .-. , If they get Perma ban they don't give the ign back out :/

Ign: Manipulativ

I believe they've done it before, as i have heard "Love" is back in the game. Either they removed her ban, or they gave her name to someone else.