PDA

View Full Version : Lootable Vanities and a vanity weapon

obee
08-21-2014, 11:05 PM
So I was thinking, why not have a vanity weapon? This could put a twist to PvP. Plus I think it would be pretty cool. Also, why not have lootable vanities for once. Maybe it can drop in elite, and elite won't be dead anymore. Maybe a combination of farming and quests can get one or these. What do you guys think?

Energizeric
08-21-2014, 11:14 PM
I'd say no on the vanity weapon idea as I think you need to know what weapon your enemy is using when facing them in PvP.

However, +1 on the lootable vanity idea. As we all know, everyone loves a rare vanity. Just take a look at the old arlor vanities, or the steel commando or the colored jester vanities and the prices they command. So yes, I'd say this would be a cool idea, but make them a rare drop.

FluidShot
08-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Vanity weapon? Nah.
Rare lootable vanity? Yes.
SL is almost completely dead, yet there are always runs happening on maps where a very rare vanity drops. Something similar to a squid or x-ray in SL would be great - a very rare lootable vanity from mobs that could not reroll. I'd be supportive of that.
Maybe even themed drops- an eyepatch with particle effects that drops from mobs in Kraken. I'm just taking these ideas from SL... But I'd love something like this.

obee
08-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Yea yea the vanity weapon wouldn't be fair now that I think about it. A Ker'shal Mage in disguise XD

epicrrr
08-22-2014, 02:05 AM
how bout a vanity for weapon but still retains their particle effects?

Instanthumor
08-22-2014, 02:15 AM
I'd say no on the vanity weapon idea as I think you need to know what weapon your enemy is using when facing them in PvP.

I don't think that's a problem.

-no
08-22-2014, 02:58 AM
Loot able vanity, cool idea. Vanity weapons, sounds cool to me. Never liked that big stupid looking entombed.

Vanity weapon in pvp cause problem? lol

Energizeric
08-22-2014, 04:02 AM
If you're going to have a weapon vanity, then how about a vanity that makes me look like a warrior even though I'm a sorcerer.

Instanthumor
08-22-2014, 04:25 AM
If you're going to have a weapon vanity, then how about a vanity that makes me look like a warrior even though I'm a sorcerer.

Sounds good.

Jurmans
08-22-2014, 04:29 AM
It should be rlly rare loot though, remember the gold leprechaun heheh.

-no
08-22-2014, 05:25 AM

That vanity is on it's way, right now the debate is over the purple

Dex Scene
08-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Man i would love to loot some vanities.
Stg should take a look at this thread. Vanity drops in elite maps +1
Vanity loots in new arena is already a great progressive step.
I kinda like the vanity weapon idea aswel.
Not just because it will make us look cooler but also it can be great help at stopping people to look for foods and noob farms in pvp.

Soundlesskill
08-22-2014, 09:36 AM

However, +1 on the lootable vanity idea. As we all know, everyone loves a rare vanity. Just take a look at the old arlor vanities, or the steel commando or the colored jester vanities and the prices they command. So yes, I'd say this would be a cool idea, but make them a rare drop.

+1 :)

Ninjasmurf
08-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Wahh :0 I like the idea of vanity weapons it would put a twist to PvP instead of every class looking the same. Also it wouldn't be hard to figure out the weapon since you could still see procs.

Elner
08-22-2014, 11:41 AM
I have never liked any look of any legendary weapon. They all look meh. I really need a vanity weapon. If its a staff i want its basic attack to be green or something to match ancient druid, or blue.

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I understand the importance of seeing what your opponent is wearing so what if we just use the weapon vanity to chill in town and run maps?
Once in ctf or tdm the real weapon would be displayed.

Derezzzed
08-22-2014, 03:50 PM

^this

joydhillon
08-23-2014, 05:10 AM
How about Particle effects to weapon vanity?
Like we could have flames/smoke added to normal weapon , so that next time sts creates a weapon we could put the effect of our choice on our own instead of pre determined/designed effects.
E.g putting dropping magma effect or red particles flying around a magmatic claymore ( even though it looks good with the smoke).

Energizeric
08-23-2014, 12:43 PM
How about Particle effects to weapon vanity?
Like we could have flames/smoke added to normal weapon , so that next time sts creates a weapon we could put the effect of our choice on our own instead of pre determined/designed effects.
E.g putting dropping magma effect or red particles flying around a magmatic claymore ( even though it looks good with the smoke).

I posted this idea last month:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?166237-Upgrade-your-vanity-armor-with-particle-effects

However, bad timing I suppose as I posted this on the same day the original Nekro quest was announced, so very few paid any attention.

Atten
08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
No to weapons vanity, yes to lootable vanity's. Every vanit was released through Platinum store. (some of them were lootable, I think but the drop was ridiculously eas, talking about Jack helmets. Correct me if I'm wrong). Plat users always buy those vanities in huge amounts and in conclusion, the price is ridiculously cheap. No vanity is worth something except from Arlors and Commandos.I think lootable vanities would be a little hard to find and more beautiful than plat-store ones. In DL, vanities are lootable, idk why not to AL :-(

aquascaper
08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
What if I have a bow/gun and a vanity dagger/staff or vice-versa? What would the attack animation look like - a dagger/staff that swings and hits an enemy far away or a bow/gun that can only attack close? I like the lootable vanity idea though