PDA

View Full Version : <Guide> To recording videos for AL for YouTube

obee
08-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Hello YouTubers out there! From what I've seen, a lot of people are having trouble recording videos, or complaining the uploads take too long. Well here is a guide for you guys!
Instructions for MAC
What I recommend using: QuickTime recorder (zeus also said camtasia thanks for the heads up)
QuickTime recorder is an app that is already on the Mac when you are done setting it up. It's a great app to use for recording, and it's free. If you need a video editor, I recommend IMovie (of course) or other editing apps in that can be found in the App Store. One problem I have with these is that for most of them, the full version costs a lot of money. (Don't tell anyone but you can find codes on the internet don't worry). One con about IMovie is that the file size may be a bit too big. I mean A LOT. Note:File Size can be big for quicktime to. Note as well, camtasia after 30 days of use, cannot be opened and you need to pay $250. Before uploading, go to https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php101509
(it's safe), choose your platform, and download. Now watch this tutorial on how to use handbrake. (Credits to: Aguycalledgeorge)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K78Nh2WWDno Note:The version that this guy is using is not up to date. So it may look different then what you get After you are done, start the upload and you are ready to go! The file size should be visibly smaller, and the upload should be much faster.
PC
What I recommend:Bandicam and fraps Note:Fraps is about $30, but it is amazing. Bandicam can be free, but it has a watermark (bandicam.com), and a 10 minute video limit. (You can just split your videos in parts. About $30 as well :)
Bandicam is a very good recording software, and like I said you can remove the watermark and limit buy paying $39. Fraps is very good as well, and I would use that for editing. One problem (you won't run into with AL) is that the framerate can be very choppy and hard to watch. Also, sound quality can be kinda choppy to. I will add to this guide from what works for people. Also, if you are using a desktop PC, and you want to record with your voice, you're gonna need an external microphone. (You can use headphones, or buy a proper microphone ($15)
ATTENTION ALL ANDROID MOBILE AND iOS MOBILE USERS
Android has no real way to record (as of now), without rooting your phone/tablet. However on iOS, you can record by mirroring. Somewhere in the iOS upgrades, airplay came, and now you can play your devices, and it will show on your Apple TV, Mac, etc. The problem is, a lot of times this method can be very very laggy and unstable. So stick with computers :) Here is an iOS tutorial on how to record you mobile iOS devices. Credits to: video creators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSNfhLKNWFY
Good luck with YouTube! I'm gonna give some tips now on how to be a good YouTuber.
Don't bore your viewers to death
One problem YouTubers face, is actually entertaining their viewers. Don't get me wrong, commentating is a very hard thing, and you have to practice to get good at it. Don't let yourself get into those awkward, long silence moments. Be happy, do funny stuff, even try to make them laugh. Another idea is to play with one of your friends over Skype, FaceTime, etc. MANY YouTubers use skype to record videos together, and it helps the commentating become natural :).
Do not promote your channel
I have seen this so many times in YouTube, all it will get you is reports for spam, and many mad people at you.
Make your videos original
I see a lot of people trying to become the next ksi, by doing a ton of FIFA pack openings and stuff. Stick to your own stuff. Do what makes you feel unique. Because in the end, who are they gonna watch if you put the same stuff as ksi. You or ksi?
Make a schedule for Youtubing
A lot of viewers like to know when your videos are gonna come out. Make a schedule.
Example A: I will upload pvp on Monday, vlogs on Wednesday, and elites on Friday. Make sure you tell your viewers, this is your schedule. This can help you plan ahead for things.
Last but most important, don't let Youtubing control you
Gaming addiction, internet addiction is becoming a real issue these days. If you are like me, and have school coming soon, you might wanna take a break from this. The people who you see uploading daily usually are out of school. Don't let it drop your grades please
Enjoy :)
Here is one of my videos (my voice was super high lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QVO2RIPO7k&list=UUpQF6pI5uyZR2oqUi-L3Gjw&index=14
Edit:If there are any other programs that you guys use, let me know. I will add them to you and say your names with it.

Zeus
08-22-2014, 01:46 AM
QuickTime is a good native one that you can use for Mac but Camtasia is 100x better. When your free trial runs out, exit out of the application and change your computer time to the day that you first started the free trial. After this, your application should be able to open. When you're done, just revert your date and time settings to current and accurate readings.

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 02:11 AM
For android after rooting(which i will do later) what is the best app to use?
For normal PC is there a free good app?

This my first time recording to make a video...Help! Help!

Haligali
08-22-2014, 02:48 AM

scr recorder android app

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 02:59 AM
scr recorder android app

Thank you very much

Dex Scene
08-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Very nice. +100

Jurmans
08-22-2014, 06:30 AM
For ios there's an app from the emu4ios store called irec, this seems to work (not on ipod 5 due to a problem which is being fixed):).

termi330
08-22-2014, 06:53 AM

For android "Screen Video Recorder"

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

obee
08-22-2014, 07:15 AM
QuickTime is a good native one that you can use for Mac but Camtasia is 100x better. When your free trial runs out, exit out of the application and change your computer time to the day that you first started the free trial. After this, your application should be able to open. When you're done, just revert your date and time settings to current and accurate readings.

You can't record online games if the date is back. But yea I agree Camtasia is on of the best out there

obee
08-22-2014, 07:16 AM

Go with bandicam for PC. If you are making a video more than 10 minutes, split it into parts. Be careful please when you root. Remember, your warranty is gone the second you root. And if your device gets bricked...

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Go with bandicam for PC. If you are making a video more than 10 minutes, split it into parts. Be careful please when you root. Remember, your warranty is gone the second you root. And if your device gets bricked...
Lol i hope that won't happen, i will be very careful

obee
08-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Lol i hope that won't happen, i will be very careful

Haha good

Dex Scene
08-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes i too use screen video recorder on my rooted android.

Dex Scene
08-22-2014, 08:21 AM
You can always unroot your phone and warrenty won't be void.
rooting is very easy and doesn't brick a phone (unless one has no idea at all). But yeah i wont advertise people to root. :3

notfaded1
08-22-2014, 08:51 AM
And if you use Google Nexus devices rooting and unlocking the boot loader as well is a piece of cake :^}

Since they were all made for developers it's expected you're going to root and unlock the boot loader... as a matter of fact if you buy a nexus device I suggest you unlock the boot loader right away... it's always the first thing I do since unlocking the boot loader also resets the device back to factory default and deletes all of your user data.

Zeus
08-22-2014, 10:21 AM
You can't record online games if the date is back. But yea I agree Camtasia is on of the best out there

Yes you can.

obee
08-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Yes you can.

if the date is back, you can't log on to online games. It won't work trust me. once my date was set back to 2008 for some reason, and AL wasn't working. Set it back, then it worked

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 10:25 AM
if the date is back, you can't log on to online games. It won't work trust me. once my date was set back to 2008 for some reason, and AL wasn't working. Set it back, then it worked

True. It happened to me too.

Zeus
08-22-2014, 10:27 AM

I recorded just fine with the date set back. I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't work, Obee.

obee
08-22-2014, 10:42 AM
I recorded just fine with the date set back. I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't work, Obee.

Ohh log in first

Dex Scene
08-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Out of thanks today!

Itoopeo
08-23-2014, 04:29 AM

Screencast is really the best one out there

Jack O Reaper
08-23-2014, 02:26 PM
How about for ipad how do i record?

Tell me whats app for jainbreak and non-jailbreak.

obee
08-23-2014, 05:54 PM
How about for ipad how do i record?

Tell me whats app for jainbreak and non-jailbreak.
For iPad, you don't need a jailbreak. But you do need a computer, and iOS 6 or higher I think. I found a tutorial on it. I'll put it in the original post

Azemen
08-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Is there a free way to add a voice over to a video without using your own voice? I want to enter the movie trailer contest but don't want to use my own voice. I want a robotic/computerized voice as seen in the New Player Tutorial video for Star Legends.

obee
08-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Is there a free way to add a voice over to a video without using your own voice? I want to enter the movie trailer contest but don't want to use my own voice. I want a robotic/computerized voice as seen in the New Player Tutorial video for Star Legends.

In some programs (like Camtasia I'm pretty sure) can edit your voice. They can make it super high or super low

notfaded1
08-25-2014, 02:10 PM

See Parth knows all the tricks... and as for editing the voice I guess with obee's way you could make urself sound like one of the chipmunks :^D

Candylicks
08-25-2014, 03:30 PM
See Parth knows all the tricks... and as for editing the voice I guess with obee's way you could make urself sound like one of the chipmunks :^D

LOL Parth edits his voice to sound like a grown man...

:eagerness:

Zeus
08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
LOL Parth edits his voice to sound like a grown man...

:eagerness:

Darn it, you found me out, Candy!

Derezzzed
08-26-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey obee, this only works for IOS 6-6.1.6 ATM but its worth a mention since its what I use to record my screen/AL Gameplay

iOS screen recorder

http://iemulators.com/

Scroll down, goto "recordmyscreen" click on it and install, when it starts installing goto settings, general, date and time, turn automatic date off and switch date to 2012, let It install, run it, switch back to 2014, run it again (it'll say crash/won't open) then anytime u wanna record switch to 2012 and start recording, stop the video, save it to camera roll, switch back to 2014

Roberto077
08-26-2014, 10:59 PM
For PC you need to add OBS (open broadcast software). It's free and can be used either to record videos or livestream. The interface is fairly scary at first but it works very well (better than fraps or bandicam). You can also add a lot of in-record editing by adding layers to the recorded segment while recording i.e. a face cam with boarders synced directly to audio while recording.

Also, the best recording software for mac in Screenflow. It records with little to no lag and comes with an editing software (better than IMovie) included. Sadly I believe it costs $100

iOS has a few ways to record. Some require jailbreaks, some don't. emu4ios used to work well for iOS 6 and below, but the newer versions are unreliable for saving videos or recording them in the first place.

Raselph
11-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Darn it, you found me out, Candy!

busted out clean like paper getting cut by a fresh razor