PDA

View Full Version : Littlebear: Myth or Useless?

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 10:24 AM
When i bought this pet i was convinced he was a great ally for my rogue: defence, crit, health all packed in one.

Mini glacian i thought, i also thought that if i stacked it with a wild talisman and passive durable skill i could enhance my survivability( i did stack it but with no noticeable difference LoL).

My problem is that everytime i use littlebear in pvp people say it sucks...

I maxed out as much armor as i could but i still die easily in clashes so i think it is good to have more armor on a rogue but its even better to have more HP.

So Littlebear sucks for pvp or he is good?

Jurmans
08-22-2014, 10:36 AM
I like to use it on my twink in clashes:).

toxorto
08-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Try to increase youre damage and not youre armor..
Everyone is saying that little bear sux in pvp because they have mythic and arcane pets..
If you die in clashes doesn't mean anything cuz you are the rogue and actually everyone is trying to kill rogues first (in that case you are the one) try to stay behind the warriors of youre team and generally try to get a strategy in clashes dont just run around and shoot arrows..

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Try to increase youre damage and not youre armor..
Everyone is saying that little bear sux in pvp because they have mythic and arcane pets..
If you die in clashes doesn't mean anything cuz you are the rogue and actually everyone is trying to kill rogues first (in that case you are the one) try to stay behind the warriors of youre team..of you don't want to die easily in Clashes make a warrior

I had a warrior and use to play frontline i just started with rogue and i am not good at all, still learning...

What i would like to know is if littlebear really sucks or it is worth using in pvp

toxorto
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I had a warrior and use to play frontline i just started with rogue and i am not good at all, still learning...

What i would like to know is if littlebear really sucks or it is worth using in pvp
I know that feeling lol..my main is a warrior and when I started to play with a rogue I was using the same strategy but I died a lot until I understood that I can't fight in the front without to die..

And actually little bear is a good pet..
People are saying that it sux cuz they prefer ribbit, gyrm mythic /arcane pets..
It all depends on the play style...

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I know that feeling lol..my main is a warrior and when I started to play with a rogue I was using the same strategy but I died a lot until I understood that I can't fight in the front without to die..

And actually little bear is a good pet..
People are saying that it sux cuz they prefer ribbit, gyrm mythic /arcane pets..
It all depends on the play style...
Thank you Tox i like this pet very much i will keep using it. =)

toxorto
08-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Thank you Tox i like this pet too very much i will keep using it. =)
No problem..
It was my pleasure lol :)

Haligali
08-22-2014, 12:34 PM
It is very good on low lvl twinking.

Instanthumor
08-22-2014, 12:44 PM
It is very good on low lvl twinking.

Yes, for twinks....

GoodSyntax
08-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Be aware that the 10% armor AA is subject to overriding your 5% armor passive.

Remember the highest buff wins thingie....

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Be aware that the 10% armor AA is subject to overriding your 5% armor passive.

Remember the highest buff wins thingie....

Oh ye...crap i forgot

Talkin about passives and the pvp nerf stuff. If i roll with a damage pet and enter pvp what happens? Is the bonus still applied? Does ctf nerf, nerf my pet damage % and the passive damage? Does ctf nerf, nerf my pet damage but not the passive damage? O.o

And whats better passive damage or passive durable (related to ctf nerf)

Yes, for twinks....
For endgame no?

GoodSyntax
08-22-2014, 01:23 PM
No, % DMG bonus is cancelled by the global DMG nerfing. No point in equipping a DMG pet for the DMG.

5% DMG Passive = 0% DMG buff
10% DMG Pet = 0% DMG buff
5% DMG Passive + 10% DMG Pet = 0% DMG buff

Remember, debuffs take precedent over buffs, so the global debuff cancels out everything, regardless of it's source.

Energizeric
08-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I've found Little Bear to be very good with a twink in PvE. I know that is not the most useful place as twinks mostly PvP, but with all these events coming up all the time, Little Bear is probably the perfect pet to use with your twink in fighting those event bosses. Other than that I cannot think of a really good use for him.

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 03:15 PM
I was hoping the pet would be generally considered good for endgame pvp rogues by everyone due to the crit,hp and armor boost....

Does this means glacian is a whack pet for endgame pvp rogues too? Cause they are like twin pets with similar stats n AA.

Haligali
08-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh ye...crap i forgot

Talkin about passives and the pvp nerf stuff. If i roll with a damage pet and enter pvp what happens? Is the bonus still applied? Does ctf nerf, nerf my pet damage % and the passive damage? Does ctf nerf, nerf my pet damage but not the passive damage? O.o

And whats better passive damage or passive durable (related to ctf nerf)

For endgame no?

What Kali says, no damage bonus for rogues, only nerf, but this is only for Ctf. In tdm, you need to rethink build and pets also.

Same goes for warriors, they receive 5% damage bonus in ctf, so you can add 5% damage for eg little bear there, but dovabear not, his 10% damage bonus override the 5%. And no 5% damage bonus for warriors in tdm, so need rethink again lol, passive damage skill points worth there as a warrior.

wvhills
08-22-2014, 03:57 PM
the problem i see with little bear is he doesn't have a snare or stun. The armor isn't that big of a deal when u have rogues who can bring high damage. If you're looking for an inexpensive pet to pvp with try crawly and valkin. Both have high crit and str with a snare ability. U should be fine as a twink but at end game you'll still get killed by plat farmers who have all arcanes.

Ophelia
08-23-2014, 01:27 AM
When you name a pet after that player,
It is gonna kick some serious @ss ;)

I kid, I kid...
You might wanna try adding some life gems into your gears to boost survivability.
Each grand gem gives you about an additional 100+ health.

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Yeah a gear packed only with grand life gems specifically made for me would be purfect, So i can play minitank.

toxorto
08-23-2014, 04:01 AM
When you name a pet after that player,
It is gonna kick some serious @ss ;)

I kid, I kid...
You might wanna try adding some life gems into your gears to boost survivability.
Each grand gem gives you about an additional 100+ health.
If I am not mistaken a grand life shard at level 41 gear gives you 108 health...

Ophelia
08-23-2014, 04:32 AM
Need I reiterate the word "some", Malino?

The idea is to find a balance between dmg and health that works in your favour.
As such, you'll be able to withstand onslaughts while dishing out relatively decent dmg of your own.

Glass cannon, while deadly, are often too fragile to make th kills.
Get experimental, dudeeeeeee :P

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Need I reiterate the word "some", Malino?

The idea is to find a balance between dmg and health that works in your favour.
As such, you'll be able to withstand onslaughts while dishing out relatively decent dmg of your own.

Glass cannon, while deadly, are often too fragile to make th kills.
Get experimental, dudeeeeeee :P

Lol its YOU!

We should pvp together sometimes :P

Ophelia
08-23-2014, 04:45 AM
Bwahahaha, took you long enough to figure xD

Hit me up in game,
Y'knw where to find me.

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Bwahahaha, took you long enough to figure xD

Hit me up in game,
Y'knw where to find me.

Ye at windmore tavern drunk and drinking beer Ahah

Ophelia
08-23-2014, 04:54 AM
And getting down to some monkey business thereafter? Lol.

P.s. quit derailing your own thread !

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't think little bear has any drawbacks to be considered as a bad pet in ctf regardless its twinking or endgame.
I didn't endgame pvp and you do is endgaming so i am noone to say anything, but while twinking on my rogue, i have an attack build (tarloks and more dmg and less armor gears) in quick slot. I use that when i summon little bear. Works great.