PDA

View Full Version : Skill Fails..

UndeadJudge
08-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Half the time in TDM when I use packs they never drop. I use them, skill goes on cooldown, but no packs appear. This never used to happen to me until recently..and no I'm not lagging and they aren't canceled from being stunned, they just fail for no reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obee
08-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Try switching it with another skill, then switch back. If that doesn't work try reporting it to sts? I'm pretty sure it's lag, I can't think of anything else. I haven't seen rogues reporting this

Instanthumor
08-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Try switching it with another skill, then switch back.

That's not a solution.

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't believe every pack you drop fails.

When you pvp with 400 ping that spikes to 6k randomly you get lots of failed packs. True.
This spikes have been more often lately so when there is a spike and and you use your skill it might fail...before you are able to control the ping spike might already return back to normal so you think you have no lag problem.

If we don't share the same lag problems and your connection is decent then its just a case that will rarely happen nothing to worry about.

Hue
08-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Old news, skills failing has always and will continue to be a problem. Countless forum posts, nothing done. However Sts 'are aware' of this issue, but its been almost 1 year...

Soundlesskill
08-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Either you're getting stunned while dropping them or lagging

Schnitzel
08-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Sometimes in PvE, when I charge and use "Time Shift" on my mage, the Clock never actually appears..but my skill goes on cool-down

this happens about 1 once per probably 500 times though..

toxorto
08-23-2014, 03:44 PM
I did some 1vs1 with my rogue friend and at 2/5 times hes heal packs failed...lol (good for me coz i got the kills then :P)

Gorecaster
08-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Its lag

fiftyonecents
08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
I am gonna go with ................hmmmmmmmmmmm lets see.......................hmmmmmmmmmmmm........... ......lets see......................hmmmmmmmm............stil l thinking......................ummmmmm............. .................hmmmmmmm.......................

LAG

hahahahha!!!!

seriously though it happens to me in pvp frequently.....because of LAG....but really same symptoms so I shut down the game and reload. Worst case scenario shut your device down completely and reboot it up.........sometimes it helps sometimes not........maybe it was a glitch at that moment not sure man. good luck with your next health packs.

fiftyonecents
08-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Try switching it with another skill, then switch back. If that doesn't work try reporting it to sts? I'm pretty sure it's lag, I can't think of anything else. I haven't seen rogues reporting this

what up dude....... MIKE HAWK wanted me to tell you he says hello! ...lol!!!

UndeadJudge
08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
My ping is between 50-100. It's not lag I already said lol.

Anarchial
08-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Like Anarchist already said it might be because lag spikes and then coming to normal before you see it.
Here is what you could do to verify:
1)Use the skill
2)As soon as you release the skill button, go to menu to check the ping.
3)Stay on the menu page and check if for even a sec you lag or not.

It is imperative to go to the menu to check the ping as soon as you release the pack skill.
And if you still see that your ping is fine , you can do another thing to check.
Use the health skill while standing still. Does packs still fail most of the time?

If you did the above steps and still didn't get anything, I would suggest writing a report and sending it to STS. But with all the current bug list it might take some time to look into

Instanthumor
08-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Like Anarchist already said it might be because lag spikes and then coming to normal before you see it.
Here is what you could do to verify:
1)Use the skill
2)As soon as you release the skill button, go to menu to check the ping.
3)Stay on the menu page and check if for even a sec you lag or not.

It is imperative to go to the menu to check the ping as soon as you release the pack skill.
And if you still see that your ping is fine , you can do another thing to check.
Use the health skill while standing still. Does packs still fail most of the time?

If you did the above steps and still didn't get anything, I would suggest writing a report and sending it to STS. But with all the current bug list it might take some time to look into

Lag isn't the case. For mages, skills like heal and timeshift fails often too, not because of lag or stun.

zwapper
08-27-2014, 12:48 AM
The same thing happened to me.

This is an old problem, but after last season released i never experienced this until last update. maybe because of bad ping...

UndeadJudge
08-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol for example, I just vs'ed zwap earlier. I always like to start with stun from bow to cancel fb stun to get safe packs. So I start stun, he uses light and I pack while he's stunned. No packs appear then zwap uses a couple of combos to kill me. I'm obviously not lagging, everything went perfectly smooth except the packs. And I wasn't stunned for sure, his slag panic came after my pack fail and he was stunned when I used packs, so there's no way I could get fb stunned. This happened twice against him, also happened about 3 times earlier when I was fighting a rogue. And later in Tdm my packs failed 2 times.

And @ Ana, I'm not lagging. I checked even, but the weird thing is that it mostly happens AFTER I use my combo. When I pack first, it works fine most of the time, it still fails occasionally however.

And again just to emphasize this isn't a lag issue nor a stun issue. It happened vs a hook rogue without a stun pet, and a couple of bow rogues without stun pets (and I always pack after bow stun if they use). It's obviously not a lag issue since I'd notice any sort of latency after the packs. My ping usually sits at 50-100, and never exceeds more than 200.

Maybe it's just me, I don't really know. I guess if it is, I'll just have to work around it.

Kreasadriii
08-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Lag isn't the case. For mages, skills like heal and timeshift fails often too, not because of lag or stun.

If not lag and stunt, what causes those skills failed?

Instanthumor
08-28-2014, 02:57 PM
If not lag and stunt, what causes those skills failed?

That's what we're trying to find out now :)

Madnex
08-28-2014, 04:57 PM
That's what we're trying to find out now :)
I've noticed that rarely, even in towns where ping is green (125-200), sometimes you'll experience a one-second lag from the moment you tap the skill till it actually activates. I noticed this delay with time shift, gale and shadow pierce. There were no traces on the ping time because I purposefully repeated it a few times with the menu popped up to observe any ping disturbance but it showed all green.

If that one second delay was to occur after releasing charged shield or medic packs or lifegiver then it could very well fail and just disappear with no effect BUT setting off the cooldown.

Instanthumor
08-28-2014, 08:05 PM
If that one second delay was to occur after releasing charged shield or medic packs or lifegiver then it could very well fail and just disappear with no effect BUT setting off the cooldown.

And that sucks a lot of butt when it does happen.