PDA

View Full Version : Krunch and Bael 2 spawn rates.

Boltmage
08-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Ok, First off I'll say I'm not whining so please leave out the negative/derisory comments.

Today I was determined to spawn Bael 2 as i've never seen him in almost 2 years playing. Myself and another guildmate teamed up and split maps to hopefully increase farm/spawn rates, I took Windmoore harbor and Skull Cove he took Mt Spyre and Crystal Caverns. We both agreed that in order to spawn the elite versions you must kill the regular boss (Bluecrab, BH2, Alpha wolf, Frostbite) then check the local area to see if he spawned. I counted my runs and still hadn't spawned Bael after 96 attempts and iI'm guessing my teammate did atleast 80 so thats 176 attempts in total, thats just today. With regards to Krunch 2 I have never spawned him either but was lucky enough to be invited by a friend a couple of weeks back.

The main reason for this thread is for anyone who farms these guys for a 'living' to give me some idea of how often they spawn him and if they have a preferable location. I can only assume I have been extremely unlucky up until now not to have seen him as I ran into first mate ripper 3 times and and argex was seen twice just today and they are 'elusive' so please if anyone has any suggestions or average spawn rates from their own experience let me know as im intrigued to know if I am infact the most unlucky mage in all of Arlor.

obee
08-22-2014, 04:12 PM
This is why we need a Krunch and bael 2 weekend. There was an elusive four weekend, why not these two

Anarchist
08-22-2014, 04:17 PM
A friend spawned bael on her first run ever at windmore...she didn't even know what it was and the luck she had till i told her...people checked that boss for weeks.

machinedog
08-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Ok, First off I'll say I'm not whining so please leave out the negative/derisory comments.

Today I was determined to spawn Bael 2 as i've never seen him in almost 2 years playing. Myself and another guildmate teamed up and split maps to hopefully increase farm/spawn rates, I took Windmoore harbor and Skull Cove he took Mt Spyre and Crystal Caverns. We both agreed that in order to spawn the elite versions you must kill the regular boss (Bluecrab, BH2, Alpha wolf, Frostbite) then check the local area to see if he spawned. I counted my runs and still hadn't spawned Bael after 96 attempts and iI'm guessing my teammate did atleast 80 so thats 176 attempts in total, thats just today. With regards to Krunch 2 I have never spawned him either but was lucky enough to be invited by a friend a couple of weeks back.

The main reason for this thread is for anyone who farms these guys for a 'living' to give me some idea of how often they spawn him and if they have a preferable location. I can only assume I have been extremely unlucky up until now not to have seen him as I ran into first mate ripper 3 times and and argex was seen twice just today and they are 'elusive' so please if anyone has any suggestions or average spawn rates from their own experience let me know as im intrigued to know if I am infact the most unlucky mage in all of Arlor.

i have spawned krinch2 in oltgar keep only and i notice bael2 likes windmore harbor more than mt spyre, in my experiances

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 12:43 AM
Interesting, the Krunch 2 I was invited too was at ancient mariner reef. I shall try again today for Bael it seems most people iv spoken too are spawning him in windmoore. Thanks for your input guys

@Anarchist on a side note, my first ever arena run I spawned challenger and iv never seen him since. Maybe its a begginers luck thing. Gonna take some newbies with me today :)

killah
08-23-2014, 07:00 AM
I always meet bael2 atleast twice a day with my rogue at harbor. I used to run 2-4 hours farming lockeds there, i think first mini boss has high chance for locked crate drop.

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I have encountered bael 2 like 5+ times in my life. Krunch? Only once.
Ask friends or guildies or their frnds to inv you when they get one.
They spawn after you kill the map boss (for me bael 2- windmore harbor, krunch- frostyr )

hercthegod
08-23-2014, 09:27 AM
what is Elusive Four and how do you get it?

Ign: Manipulativ

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Kill Amra-Zu (dead city) Skratch (Dead city or tombs) First Mate Ripper (Kraken) and Argex (Nordr) they spawn randomly.. Amra-Zu being the most 'elusive' imo. It's just an old Ap from the Nordr expansion.

On topic: Just completed 120 solo runs and still no sign of Bael 2 *sigh*

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 10:09 AM
All you need to know for your hunt:

Bael 2 locations:
- Windmoore Harbor
- Skull Cove
- Mount Spyr
- Crystal Caverns

Krunch 2 locations:
- Mariner's Reef
- Oltgar keep

All spawn after the real boss of the map is dead.

Argex - Oltgar Keep

Amra-Zu - Arcanum Castle;Tower of Mardrom

Scratch - WT4;KT4

First Mate Ripper - Skull Cover;Grog Beach

Also check this guide/thread where these 3 aps were deeply discussed:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?117947-Elusive-4-achievement-where-can-we-find-them-post-pictures

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks im pretty sure that im 'doing it right' lol just wondering if everyone else has such a hard time finding these guys. (I only need bael 2 'the great defiler' and the crystal that doesnt award AP's after multiple deaths to complete all arch enemies AP's)

It would be nice if they re-evaluated the loot table for these guys too as all this hard work and I'm probably gonna end up with a 10-30k pink. Which means as soon as I get the AP I'll never look for any of them again

Adding to xenobiotics info Skratch also spawns in dead city maps and Argex in valheim.. sure he knows that and its a very old quoted post XD

Boltmage
08-24-2014, 05:10 AM
Update: run no 47. Skull cove
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/24/9e76fe44219a88e8add705647ace02ad.jpg

To my horror I couldn't invite anyone to help :0 but after 6 deaths I finally got my awesome reward
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/24/0d2e485d9b466c3f8c993b463363f164.jpg
And some junk pink as expected. XD

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated

Anarchist
08-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Congrats Bolt!

ChillyPepper
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM

To my horror I couldn't invite anyone to help :0 but after 6 deaths I finally got my awesome reward

dang it i want those things ._. but im still hunting elusive four lol... in low levels.... 26.... ._. lol@ 26

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

obee
08-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Nice dude!

GoodSyntax
08-26-2014, 09:50 PM
It's weird, the Elusive 4 and Brunch (Bael/Krunch) pop up when I'm not looking for them.

I'm kind of in this routine of running elites all day, and at night, just as I start regemming some gear, I pop a Luck Kit and run all Nordr maps to hunt for eggs. I've come across Argex a couple of times and sacrifice the run by inviting guildies that need the AP, then give lead to someone else to invite an additional player when I leave the party.

I've also spawned Bael a couple of times in Nordr, but admittedly, it has been quite a while since I've spawned him myself.

Other than the AP, the loot from Brunch isn't even worth the effort anymore. There was a time when the Troll rings were worth a fortune, but since the loot hasn't scaled, it just isn't really worth the drudgery anymore.

dreuidiie
08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
What reward can be drop from elite bael or other elites boss

DarkShadowess
04-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Spotted Bael 2 in Ancient Mariner Reef a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

badgirlchlo
04-15-2018, 12:50 AM
pm ign badgirlchloe if u see any of these bosses need the aps!

Ebereasider
04-15-2018, 01:59 AM
I need Krunch 2 too. By the way, why's a thread from 2014 got revived?!

badgirlchlo
04-15-2018, 03:54 AM
oh someone necrod it, i didnt notice