PDA

View Full Version : How do people get so rich

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 04:09 AM
Hey everyone

I've been wondering how so many people in al get so rich? Is it a lot of luck or just paying lots of $$ on the game?
I'm thinking about starting up and playing again but I only have my mythic armour and helm crafted so I need to get some better gear to enjoy the game more. Anyone have any tips for me to make some gold I'm tempted to buy some plat but not quite sure yet.

Any advice is welcome

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Most of the uber rich either spent a hell of a lot on plat, are exceptional merchants or plain cheated. You can still have good fun without all the best gear but I'd stay away from endgame PvP. You could always farm a few million in a couple weeks but sadly unless you can afford 20k+ plat your not likely to be able to obtain the best gear/pets.

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 04:48 AM
You can get some cheap gear to pair with your mythic set then run km3 or backenridge for 2-3weeks, make it a goal to loot at leats100k/10+ lockeds x day.
when you accumulate enough lockeds phase 2 starts.
You have two choices:
a) you can buy plat and try your luck with crates
b) you can sell the crates and continue farming. when you accumulated enough gold 3-4m you can start merching for 100-500k gains.

goodluck =)

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Also iv just noticed your AL ign.. idk if you'd be willing to sell those names and its a bit of a risk incase of scams but you could easily expect to raise 100m for the sale of all 3 especially Sun I can see being particularly profitable.

Plus if you haven't played for a while any items you still have in your inventory may now be collector's items so be careful what you sell and for how much. Use the auction house or traders market on the forum to price check :)

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Also iv just noticed your AL ign.. idk if you'd be willing to sell those names and its a bit of a risk incase of scams but you could easily expect to raise 100m for the sale of all 3 especially Sun I can see being particularly profitable.

Plus if you haven't played for a while any items you still have in your inventory may now be collector's items so be careful what you sell and for how much. Use the auction house or traders market on the forum to price check :)

I was thinking about selling those names a while back but I don't know how I would legitly do it so I left it and I was thinking about doing a pvp level but I don't know a good lol. I thought about 26-27 pvp before

Jurmans
08-23-2014, 05:08 AM
I was thinking about selling those names a while back but I don't know how I would legitly do it so I left it and I was thinking about doing a pvp level but I don't know a good lol. I thought about 26-27 pvp before

I would advice lvl 7 :).

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 05:12 AM

I've never actually bought or sold a name however id assume you would use a trusted mediator to hold the buyer's gold and pass to the seller once the name has been changed.. possibly for a small fee im not sure. Pvp is better and cheaper at twink levels I find 7-18 and 25-29 to be the busiest and most fun but that's just my opinion. If you sell your ign go boss it at endgame with samael and arcanes! Good luck :)

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 05:13 AM
I would advice lvl 7 :).

Why level 7? I had my heart set on 27 but if I get some gold no harm trying it I suppose

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 05:17 AM
Why level 7? I had my heart set on 27 but if I get some gold no harm trying it I suppose

Level 7 is where you find the most 'food' or easy kills. Mainly ppl who just made it through brackenridge, buy a few cheap equips and give pvp a go.. bad mistake with people like jurmans lurking in full gears lol

Jurmans
08-23-2014, 05:18 AM

Well since u don't seem to be rich, at lvl 7 there's no mythic gear or arcane hooks, arcane pets don't give a huge advantage here, so rich players have a smaller advantage over the poor/middle class.

It's an active bracket.

Lots of clashes (+ for me).

Lots of people with a big mouth (- for me).

But as I said it's cheap active and fun:).

Jurmans
08-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Level 7 is where you find the most 'food' or easy kills. Mainly ppl who just made it through brackenridge, buy a few cheap equips and give pvp a go.. bad mistake with people like jurmans lurking in full gears lol

O.O lol I love doing clashes -.-

Alhuntrazeck
08-23-2014, 05:37 AM
You don't NEED maxed gear to PvP at endgame but it certainly helps. See, in PvP right now there are basically 3 categories: the geared out folks, the not-so-high-geared but skilled folks, and the undergeared not-so-skilled folks (see how I deliberately avoided using the word "noob" there? ;)). To win in endgame PvP, you need to be either of the first two and definitely not the last one!

To begin with I'd suggest twinking to really get to learn your class in PvP (I'm assuming you're a rogue?). A mythic armor & helm, expedition bow, power ring of brutality and a wild talisman/fang of fenrir should do you good enough at endgame, long as you know how to play your class to perfection.

I speak from experience, as I didn't have mythics for 2 seasons of PvP and only got maxed out quite recently. Well, gl!

Jurmans
08-23-2014, 05:39 AM
You don't NEED maxed gear to PvP at endgame but it certainly helps. See, in PvP right now there are basically 3 categories: the geared out folks, the not-so-high-geared but skilled folks, and the undergeared not-so-skilled folks (see how I deliberately avoided using the word "noob" there? ;)). To win in endgame PvP, you need to be either of the first two and definitely not the last one!

To begin with I'd suggest twinking to really get to learn your class in PvP (I'm assuming you're a rogue?). A mythic armor & helm, expedition bow, power ring of brutality and a wild talisman/fang of fenrir should do you good enough at endgame, long as you know how to play your class to perfection.

I speak from experience, as I didn't have mythics for 2 seasons of PvP and only got maxed out quite recently. Well, gl!

Uhmmm wtf is a power ring?

Szangheili
08-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Rich Folks got lucky with the Locked Crates, or spent a ton of $$$$ for plat, or simply have so much time in their hands that they play all day Merching and grinding maps. Either way, it's pretty hard to do any of those things to get rich, except if you have real money to spend. I suggest you do what regular players do and enjoy the game and play when you can and have fun :) It's a game after all

obee
08-23-2014, 06:38 AM
A lot blow all their money on it lol

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 06:41 AM
A lot blow all their money on it lol

I can imagine lol

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Think I'll stick to twinking it's a lot cheaper

obee
08-23-2014, 06:42 AM
think i'll stick to twinking it's a lot cheaper

wayyy cheaper XD

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 06:46 AM
wayyy cheaper XD

Reccomend any good/fun levels and what class? :)

obee
08-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Reccomend any good/fun levels and what class? :)
Hmmm I don't twink but I hear a lot of people saying go to level 15. Idk about class

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Hmmm I don't twink but I hear a lot of people saying go to level 15. Idk about class

I'll make a thread about it in pvp discussion in due course

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 07:00 AM

any class will do except mage lol

obee
08-23-2014, 07:01 AM

Yes omg mages get screwed lol

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 07:04 AM

That sucks because I would quite like to have a Mage twink lol

Gensin
08-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Well since u don't seem to be rich, at lvl 7 there's no mythic gear or arcane hooks, arcane pets don't give a huge advantage here, so rich players have a smaller advantage over the poor/middle class.

It's an active bracket.

Lots of clashes (+ for me).

Lots of people with a big mouth (- for me).

But as I said it's cheap active and fun:).

My mouth isnt big am I? hahaha

Ya go lvl 7 pvp so fun here.

obee
08-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Here we go...

Anarchist
08-23-2014, 07:22 AM
That sucks because I would quite like to have a Mage twink lol

Trust me....when a war sees a mage at twink level he will come straight for your head and there is nothing you can do, no amount of skill you can have that will help you survive.

He knows you are a easy kill and since mages are few the tank will always spot your squishy bu** in the crowd no matter how hard you hide from him.

Gensin
08-23-2014, 07:26 AM
Here we go...

Me and Jurmans are friends in lvl 7 lol, dont worry obee.

obee
08-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Me and Jurmans are friends in lvl 7 lol, dont worry obee.

Ok phew

famousfame
08-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Hey everyone

I've been wondering how so many people in al get so rich? Is it a lot of luck or just paying lots of $$ on the game?
I'm thinking about starting up and playing again but I only have my mythic armour and helm crafted so I need to get some better gear to enjoy the game more. Anyone have any tips for me to make some gold I'm tempted to buy some plat but not quite sure yet.

Any advice is welcome

Lmao wake up man they scam plats from nativex offers they get ban then rename and try and pretend all good then get ban again and so on and on :)

Hating back seat drivers :p

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Alot of people who are extreme rich are mostly playing since long days and farmed alot, merched alot. Spent alot real money in the game.
There are many players too who spam plat offers with vpn and farm thousands of plats for free.. cheaters. Hope Stg track em and ban em.

UndeadJudge
08-27-2014, 11:49 PM
Ima to take a nap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
08-28-2014, 02:24 AM
27 mostly hook rogues with no skill that think they're pro, and the bracket is mostly solo kills (as in not very many wars, most of your kills will be from 1v1s/2v2s). Probably since a lot of us are old players and friends so everyone is basically allies or neutral..except bl.

Ya makes total sense why people are so rich in al yeah I agree lol

Dex Scene
08-28-2014, 02:54 AM
Lol

MoloToha
08-28-2014, 05:54 AM
I think that people who bought lots of plat, spent them on Grimms and hoarded them till now are quite rich, because they have reached nearly 1 plat/5k gold conversion ratio. But, there is a possibility that Grimm will be available for plat during Halloween, this might burn them.

UndeadJudge
08-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Wow I was tired last night, posted wrong thread LOL.

Jurmans
08-28-2014, 09:31 AM
I think that people who bought lots of plat, spent them on Grimms and hoarded them till now are quite rich, because they have reached nearly 1 plat/5k gold conversion ratio. But, there is a possibility that Grimm will be available for plat during Halloween, this might burn them.

Lol u won't get rich from grimms, u'll need 1000's of plats.

Ssneakykills
08-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Wow I was tired last night, posted wrong thread LOL.

Haha it's np

Kreasadriii
08-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Combine farming locked in km3, daily quest to get egg from forest to rock nest..
Continue with elite farming hunt malison, loki, wrathjaw, snaggletooth, some arena gladiator if luck get elite golden puzzlebox..
And daily bard of course, merching twinks item is good.. And better do not buy gem, you can craft them ;)

Wish it help, goodluck brother ^^

Dex Scene
08-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Lol u won't get rich from grimms, u'll need 1000's of plats.
Why can't be?
i have friends who never open lockeds. They buy 3-5k plats or more when a plat pet comes as a npc. They Hoard them and sell em. Needless to say they are quite rich.

Jurmans
08-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Why can't be?
i have friends who never open lockeds. They buy 3-5k plats or more when a plat pet comes as a npc. They Hoard them and sell em. Needless to say they are quite rich.

5k divided by 250 is 20 eggs, nowadays the price is like 1.5mill.
1.5x20= 30mil, it's a nice amount of money but what I call rich is people who can/are maxed out.

Dex Scene
08-28-2014, 11:27 AM
30 mil from one update... yes you don't call them rich? Hmm
Needless to say they don't sit around rest of the year. Merch, farms, more eggs to convert plats to golds and yeap they are maxed out. Arcanes!!

Fauksuras
08-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I love how people say "you can start merching" like its just putting on a pair of pants.

When everybody merches NOBODY wants to buy at full price, finding a buyer can take days for the simplest item.

aarrgggggg
08-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Open as many locked crates as you can and pray to the gods of arlor for an arcane shard.

That is how you get rich.

Kreasadriii
08-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Open as many locked crates as you can and pray to the gods of arlor for an arcane shard.

That is how you get rich.

Then looted a shiny common shard ;)

Kershy
08-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Buying plat, opening grand crates, getting arcanes, mythics, etc, farming, merching dah!

Trenton
08-29-2014, 04:00 PM
U poor thing :(

Jurmans
08-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Buying plat, opening grand crates, getting arcanes, mythics, etc, farming, merching dah!

Buying plats, buying crates, opening crates, breaking your device after having the feeling you got scammed.

Amadorbibidor
08-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Buying plats, buying crates, opening crates, breaking your device after having the feeling you got scammed.

Lol

Sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

Ssneakykills
08-29-2014, 05:56 PM
This thread was Made ages ago if people didn't notice lol

Trenton
08-29-2014, 07:08 PM
This thread was Made ages ago if people didn't notice lol
A whole week ago... Wow

Bless
08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Here's what some people have done/are doing/may do to earn illegal platinum:

Abuse TrialPay free platinum offers for tens of thousands of platinum and open locked crates -> get banned for abusing free offers (it's illegal and STG gets pressure from TrialPay for it) -> make another account with a different email -> continue abusing platinum on other accounts to "revive" the old banned character -> rename a ton of times thinking that would help and try to lay low -> Buy a couple of platinum packs legitimately to show that your platinum history wasn't all bogus and plat-offer farmed.

The obvious thing to do is to report it to Support and many have been permanently banned for it. However, they keep coming back and STG doesn't keep a close eye on the persistant farmers...Sucks for the legit buyers huh?

obee
08-29-2014, 09:06 PM

Abuse TrialPay free platinum offers for tens of thousands of platinum and open locked crates -> get banned for abusing free offers (it's illegal and STG gets pressure from TrialPay for it) -> make another account with a different email -> continue abusing platinum on other accounts to "revive" the old banned character -> rename a ton of times thinking that would help and try to lay low -> Buy a couple of platinum packs legitimately to show that your platinum history wasn't all bogus and plat-offer farmed.

The obvious thing to do is to report it to Support and many have been permanently banned for it. However, they keep coming back and STG doesn't keep a close eye on the persistant farmers...Sucks for the legit buyers huh?
Unfortunately this ^ is the truth

Ssneakykills
08-30-2014, 01:28 AM
A whole week ago... Wow

Lol seemed like I said this ages ago

Trenton
08-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Lol seemed like I said this ages ago
Ya :p

Legallyblonde
08-30-2014, 10:16 AM

Who got banned for that? Zeus?

Kershy
08-30-2014, 10:34 AM

lol only ppl how trade like crazy and dont check get scammed :p ive never got scammed and many ppl tried to hehe