PDA

View Full Version : I love making gold on AL and,while I still

Khaphyn
08-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Consider myself Noobalowshus,I think I'm decent with my money-making skills...But, I keep hearing about a new (to me) way to make money....Selling names..Plz someone tell me a little bit more about this..I hope I didn't just shed light where light wasn't needed but I'm very curious about this...I used to sell Domain Names online and this kinda sounds a little like that..Copyright a name ppl would love to use and sell it to the highest bidder..I don't see anything wrong or against the rules about this practic...Info on this subject plz.

Sent by This Handsome Guy

Ssneakykills
08-23-2014, 05:17 AM
Sellings names is allowed but if you get scammed stg won't be able to do anything to help you so it's at you're own risk. It's risky business imo

Boltmage
08-23-2014, 05:29 AM
If you dont already have any desirable names then I think, much like myself, you missed the boat on this one. I'd guess you would use a trusted ingame character to act as a middleman but it is still a risky business. Good luck if you manage to find a name that isn't taken :)

Ophelia
08-23-2014, 05:39 AM
Hey handsome,

If you're indeed good-looking,
Then lay that charm thick on some unsuspecting victims.
Before y'knw it, th gold will start rolling in.

I'm just teasing ;)
Back on topic, any transactions that does not fit into th trade box always carries a high amount of risk.
Therefore, I'd advise you to choose your trading clients with prudence..ask around if they have a history of scamming, etc.

In any case, where name-selling is concerned, you'll not lose in-game gold -- just th potential to make more (unless of cos you bought th name for resale).

Sent by This Drop-Dead Gorgeous Hottie

Szangheili
08-23-2014, 05:52 AM
Long story short, it's a shady business .. If you decide to do it it's up to the person you sell it to, and if you are trustworthy enough.. If you scam someone or get scammed , it is all your fault to put it in a nice way..

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 09:20 AM
I think I'm decent with my money-making skills

I'm decent with my money-spending-wasting-regreting skills

obee
08-23-2014, 09:24 AM

XD YES! Once I spent 1.3 mill on elite golden dragonscale chests lol

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 09:34 AM
XD YES! Once I spent 1.3 mill on elite golden dragonscale chests lol
You are lot more skilled than me mate :O

Schnitzel
08-23-2014, 01:52 PM

I'm decent with my I-Have-No-Gold-But-I-Wish-I-Could-Afford-Stuff skills :D

@OP,

Buying/selling/trading of names is technically not allowed, and there is a chance of being scammed, if you DO get scammed, STS might not help you because anything traded outside a secure trade window is not allowed, and if you DO trade, it is not STS's responsibility to reimburse the scammed items

Seoratrek
08-23-2014, 02:07 PM
These types of trades lead to someone being scammed. Please don't engage in these types of trades. Thanks!