PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of quitting.

joydhillon
08-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Sts,
The problem for people might have gotten better but only to the point that we dont d.c now, how ever the situation is still the same. Ping now constant at 2-3k.
Tired of sitting arnd, cnt even chat properly.
Been a regular player but been sitting out since so many days.
Is there a fix coming?

obee
08-23-2014, 10:09 AM
If your ping is 2-3k it's your internet connection. Don't deny it, it is. If it wasn't, you would've been dcing

joydhillon
08-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Time and again i have said and i l repeat.. everything works well and i am not a person who is tech illiterate.
I have do multiple things on the internet and they work fine.
If it was my connection i would not be posting here. Yes for most places servers are working/responding fine and i also agree they are working on it thats why others are experiencing lesser problems by the day but over here its 20% cured.. and you can well understand things are impossible and frustrating when your team is calling you and you are running into trees and smashing trulle. Had i been not an active player in this game i would have let it pass but now... i really dnt knw what to do.

obee
08-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Time and again i have said and i l repeat.. everything works well and i am not a person who is tech illiterate.
If it was my connection i would not be posting here. Yes for most places servers are working/responding fine and i also agree they are working on it thats why others are experiencing lesser problems by the day but over here its 20% cured.. and you can well understand things are impossible and frustrating when your team is calling you and you are running into trees and smashing trulle. Had i been not an active player in this game i would have let it pass but now... i really dnt knw what to do.

hmmmm

razerfingers
08-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Go check your internet speed, i think its speedtest.net. or if someone elsd is streaming music or using internet at same time as you could be messing with your AL connection.

joydhillon
08-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Done it bros ._.
I think i l jus stop posting and sit back and wait for a few days.. if everything works fine , good for all , if not well then cant play in the lag so i jus let a.l slip.

Gorecaster
08-23-2014, 12:57 PM
I agree the issue is still present. Running maps this morning I saw 3 dcs in corridor and caves. Everyone said skills and pots lagging. Routine parks and pulls very difficult to pot through. Skills have a mind of their own especially my clock. I also DC mid merch from paradise pier.

MoloToha
08-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Go check your internet speed, i think its speedtest.net. or if someone elsd is streaming music or using internet at same time as you could be messing with your AL connection.

Actually, ping doesn't depend on your internet speed, because a single 64 bytes packet (which is used to calculate ping) will be received from server in an instant, whether your speed is 100 mbps or 100 kbps. It depends only on connection quality. The worse connection line is (as you said, it can be distorted by streaming media or downloading something), the longer it takes for packet to get to server and back to device.

Talking on topic, I don't have any network issues when playing solo. I soloed elite a couple of times and didn't have any issues with ping. As confirmed, it happens only with co-op runs.

razerfingers
08-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Actually, ping doesn't depend on your internet speed, because a single 64 bytes packet (which is used to calculate ping) will be received from server in an instant, whether your speed is 100 mbps or 100 kbps. It depends only on connection quality. The worse connection line is (as you said, it can be distorted by streaming media or downloading something), the longer it takes for packet to get to server and back to device.

Talking on topic, I don't have any network issues when playing solo. I soloed elite a couple of times and didn't have any issues with ping. As confirmed, it happens only with co-op runs.
Thats weird, what device are you using? Cause more spells being spammed may be a factor or nah?

Soundlesskill
08-23-2014, 02:13 PM
I believe a lot of phone/tablet users have become the ping-place.

MoloToha
08-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Thats weird, what device are you using? Cause more spells being spammed may be a factor or nah?
I'm using android one. I really don't have any idea on what is happening when a party is running. If the problem is in number of requests to server, then it should lag in any case, but I lag only during co-op runs. Maybe the problem is in synchronizating players' actions. Anyway, it's definitely some code cleanup (with bugs, of course. IT company of 50 people supporting 7 games at time is very likely not to have a QA team to eliminate bugs at pre-announce stage).

razerfingers
08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm using android one. I really don't have any idea on what is happening when a party is running. If the problem is in number of requests to server, then it should lag in any case, but I lag only during co-op runs. Maybe the problem is in synchronizating players' actions. Anyway, it's definitely some code cleanup (with bugs, of course. IT company of 50 people supporting 7 games at time is very likely not to have a QA team to eliminate bugs at pre-announce stage).
Yeah that is true, i havent played in a while but when i did it was on test server so my opinion is obsolete

joydhillon
08-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Our guildies now sitting on social networking apps to chat. This lag has no fix i presume. 0 response.

Vixenne
08-25-2014, 12:12 PM
If your ping is 2-3k it's your internet connection. Don't deny it, it is. If it wasn't, you would've been dcing

Can't be just connection coz people I know from different countries experience the same thing. So it's better if STS would at least check it.

Crazymobkiller
08-25-2014, 12:19 PM
You're not the only one dc'ing
I was in gh today chatting and out of nowhere I dced 3 times in a row while typing
Im sure it wasn't my internet connection, cz its fast on other apps.

fiftyonecents
08-25-2014, 04:42 PM
I have been disconnecting as well........Maybe the suns ''Solar Flares '' are interfering with the Satellites in orbit thus creating a disturbing in all the cellular telecommunications systems and effecting all of our signals at once ...because keep in mine we do live on the same planet within the same solar system. Maybe sts is not to blame maybe its planetary issues related I have heard of magnetic waves interfering with signals so maybe you live close to the north pole? I will talk to Santa Claus this Christmas and put on my wish list to please not interrupt my A.l. game or else I will be naughty and take my coal with a side of French fries..hahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hah!

joydhillon
08-26-2014, 03:05 AM
What did i just read.

SacredKnight
08-26-2014, 04:09 AM
I agree, I had a slight connectivity issue ( 2k-3k Ping ) even when I was using ridiculously, ludicrously, fabtastically fast internet.

phillyr
08-26-2014, 06:37 AM
Its not our connection. Im not tryin to be rude to u obee but u jump on every single post in the forums and blame everybody's connection.
All these sudden connection issues are not coincidence, or problems with our net. Most definitely a problem on their end.

Gorecaster
08-26-2014, 07:47 AM
What they said ^^^