PDA

View Full Version : Elite Time Run is for rouge and mage

Ice
08-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Guys I’ve notice Elite Time run is for Rouge and Mage only.

If you notice Elite Time run is class limited / only for rouge and mage.

Reasons.

1.) When people time run normally they don’t need a warrior because it slow down a party.
2.) they can finish more quickly with 2 mage 2 rouge or 3 rouge 1 mage.
3.) Warrior is not needed

Questions
1.)So do you guys think it’s fair for warriors or time run or Elite party should be change?
2.)How will we change it?
3.) Do you think STS should place a class limitation or class requirements in a party ? (example maximum of 2 of each class.) but still if STS place a class limit they can still party of 2 rouge and 2 mage .

My Solution.
1.) adding 1 more slot in the party ( It means you can run 5 person in a map)
2.) class restriction ( 2 class per party )

reason - if there is a class restriction meaning you can have maximum of 2 rouge -2 mage - 1 warrior.
So warriors has a shot in time runs.

Or

The Party requirements should have 1 class of each ( meaning a party of 4 should need 1 rouge 1 mage 1 warrior + 1 more any class)

Please keep it civil and constructive.

Best Regards,

Ice

Keep it cool :)

Amadorbibidor
08-24-2014, 01:04 AM
+1 Warrior discrimination -.- -.- -.- T_T

Sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

MoloToha
08-24-2014, 01:10 AM
They just need to make bosses one-shot maxed DDs with arcane rings, then demand on tanks will strongly increase))

Ice
08-24-2014, 01:12 AM
They just need to make bosses one-shot maxed DDs with arcane rings, then demand on tanks will strongly increase))

Maybe boss and mobs :) Boss they can easily run away. Pro rouge will just pierce and move to another location.

Energizeric
08-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the situation of being a class that is not good for every single thing. As a mage I can make the same complaint about flagging in CTF.

MoloToha
08-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Maybe boss and mobs :) Boss they can easily run away. Pro rouge will just pierce and move to another location.

Yeah, I see no problem in that, just make small/average pulls and you will maintain 99% of aggro which means safe run (and unreal without tank).

Amadorbibidor
08-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the situation of being a class that is not good for every single thing. As a mage I can make the same complaint about flagging in CTF.

:( no elites... No solo... No lock farming... ARRRRGGGGH

MoloToha
08-24-2014, 01:20 AM

The only problem of tanks is low damage. They have neither 250% crit multiplier skill nor low-cooldown skills, that's why their damage output sucks.

Ice
08-24-2014, 01:28 AM

Well i support this too eric. I know STS will make things balance in the future :)

ClumsyCactus
08-24-2014, 02:57 AM
...for real? Warriors are not supposed ro run timed runs, their job is to tank.
The Only class that is decent for everything is rogues.
Too bad you picked a warrior if you Wanna run timed...
And, tbh, in most USUAL (not speed run) elites, a warrior is greatly needed.
The idea of increasing party slots is terrible, that would change the entire game, and all the Efforts of the people Who have the records will be useless, also, nobody would use a tank in their speed party anyway, even if there were 5 slots.

Ice
08-24-2014, 03:08 AM
...for real? Warriors are not supposed ro run timed runs, their job is to tank.
The Only class that is decent for everything is rogues.
Too bad you picked a warrior if you Wanna run timed...
And, tbh, in most USUAL (not speed run) elites, a warrior is greatly needed.
The idea of increasing party slots is terrible, that would change the entire game, and all the Efforts of the people Who have the records will be useless, also, nobody would use a tank in their speed party anyway, even if there were 5 slots.

thats why its unfair.. for warrior dont you think?
Yes a warrior job is to tank mobs on elite, but now adays you dont need warrior on elite... mobs are not hard rouge can solo elite maps alone,So warrior is useless in elite maps.

So you think warrior is only for PVP? Rofl there is a lot of warrior who dont pvp and only PVE like maarkus. Since your implying elite time run is not for warriors i should tell maarkus to quit the game since he dont pvp. he love doing elite all the time.

Gess
08-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Well it's not like you were born a warrior. If you don't like your class, you should pick another.

Instanthumor
08-24-2014, 03:41 AM
My Solution.

People are still gunna run 2 mage 2 rogue. Nice try.

Ice
08-24-2014, 03:55 AM
People are still gunna run 2 mage 2 rogue. Nice try.

Did you read the whole thing? i would suggest to read carefully i think you dont understand.

1.) it said add one more slot in party. yes they cant have 2 rouge 2 mage and 1 warrior, now do you want me to elaborate?

Anarchist
08-24-2014, 04:22 AM
Did you read the whole thing? i would suggest to read carefully i think you dont understand.

1.) it said add one more slot in party. yes they cant have 2 rouge 2 mage and 1 warrior, now do you want me to elaborate?

They will still run 2 rogues 2 mage and keep fifth slot empty so the mobs are easier.

While at the beginning of the season it was hard to run elites without a war now nearly everyone is prepaired and fairly geared so who needs wars...
If sts had properly followed up is ITEMIZATION system like sts promised(remember? Itemization). They could have change the gear in tindirin elite...or added a particular esence to elite boss drop that combined with the old magmatic pieces could craft a new set of enhanced magmatic gears. Then increase the difficulty of elite.

Bam problem solved..elite difficulty is back to the start of the season, everyone wants to run with a war and most importanly everyone wants to get the new gears so elites get active once more.

Ice
08-24-2014, 04:25 AM
They will still run 2 rogues 2 mage and keep fifth slot empty so the mobs are easier.

While at the beginning of the season it was hard to run elites without a war now nearly everybone is prepaired and geared.

If sts had properly followed up is ITEMIZATION system like sts promised. They could have change the gear in tindirin elite...or added a particularly esence to elite boss drop that combined with the old magmatic set could craft a new set of enhanced magmatic gears.

Then increase the difficulty of elite.

Bam problem solved..elite difficulty is back to the start of the season, everyone cant run elite without a war and most importanly everyone want to get the new gears so elites get active once more.

true this also can be consider a solution.

Its kinda too late for this season but maybe in the next season sts should make it fair, increase the difficulty so that in all elite maps tank is need is a good idea.

But the problem is tank and rouge almost have the same armor now adays. rouge has 1.6k armor full mythic with arcane ring .
tank has 2k armor if he use a maul and 2.2 if glaive. im sure no one wana use bullwark for time run lol.

So rouge is like tank or tank is not the same as before. elite boss in tindirin can still 1 hit a full gear tank.

Gensin
08-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Guys I’ve notice Elite Time run is for Rouge and Mage only.

If you notice Elite Time run is class limited / only for rouge and mage.

Reasons.

1.) When people time run normally they don’t need a warrior because it slow down a party.
2.) they can finish more quickly with 2 mage 2 rouge or 3 rouge 1 mage.
3.) Warrior is not needed

Questions
1.)So do you guys think it’s fair for warriors or time run or Elite party should be change?
2.)How will we change it?
3.) Do you think STS should place a class limitation or class requirements in a party ? (example maximum of 2 of each class.) but still if STS place a class limit they can still party of 2 rouge and 2 mage .

My Solution.

reason - if there is a class restriction meaning you can have maximum of 2 rouge -2 mage - 1 warrior.
So warriors has a shot in time runs.

Or

The Party requirements should have 1 class of each ( meaning a party of 4 should need 1 rouge 1 mage 1 warrior + 1 more any class)

Please keep it civil and constructive.

Best Regards,

Ice

Keep it cool :)

It is highly recommended by time runners to have a rogue or mage party, rather than a tank.

But a tank can also go with the flow with them, Like Namelessl <-- He runned with rogues and set a record in shuyal arena. There was one suggestion in here that said a new map that will make tanks be able to atleast participate. It was a Mob invasion style, Mobs coming from different areas abling the tank to cover the damagers.

supersyan
08-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Make a rogue. set record. transfer banner to your tank.

We duh Pizza!

Gensin
08-24-2014, 07:25 AM

We duh Pizza!

Yeah, Some do like make lvl 15 run the hauntlet, watchers tomb etc.. Then transfer banner.

Ice
08-24-2014, 07:43 AM

We duh Pizza!

A lot of people do this but we would like to see a fairness to all class. maybe best solution is higher difficulty make sure a tank is needed in every run.

Hercules
08-24-2014, 09:27 AM
yes, only for mage and rogue, really a warr only can and is necesary for give health no more .-., mages more damage , and clock ufff, rogues hight damage and critical omg

Amadorbibidor
08-24-2014, 11:22 AM
yes, only for mage and rogue, really a warr only can and is necesary for give health no more .-., mages more damage , and clock ufff, rogues hight damage and critical omg

Hmmmm... I wanna see you doing elite rockhorn without a warrior. Just rogues and mages with high dmg and dps ;) we aren't good for timers but we save the butts of mages and rogues always :D without a tank to get all the hits you guys wouldn't be able to do even elite pirates xD

ClumsyCactus
08-24-2014, 01:46 PM
thats why its unfair.. for warrior dont you think?
Yes a warrior job is to tank mobs on elite, but now adays you dont need warrior on elite... mobs are not hard rouge can solo elite maps alone,So warrior is useless in elite maps.

So you think warrior is only for PVP? Rofl there is a lot of warrior who dont pvp and only PVE like maarkus. Since your implying elite time run is not for warriors i should tell maarkus to quit the game since he dont pvp. he love doing elite all the time.
Tbh, i think you should start Reading posts befire replying.
I Literally did not Mention pvp in my post, what i Said was that warriors are Tankers not speedrunners.

Hercules
08-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Hmmmm... I wanna see you doing elite rockhorn without a warrior. Just rogues and mages with high dmg and dps ;) we aren't good for timers but we save the butts of mages and rogues always :D without a tank to get all the hits you guys wouldn't be able to do even elite pirates xD

XD !

drgrimmy
08-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the balance in this game is way off and both mages and rogues (particularly rogues) are mini tanks with high damage/dps and don't need tanks in elite. Way back in season one you only got health if you put points in to str so mages and rogues had to make a decision whether or not to be glass cannons, by going full int or dex, or to increase their survivability a little bit by putting points in str at the cost of damage. I kinda liked this as it forced people to make a decision about their builds, and tanks were required in elite runs and in timed runs. Unfortunately, most people hated this setup as warriors were overpowered, getting both damage and health from going full str, while mages and rogues had to compromise. This resulted in sts changing things around and our current setup which I also think is pretty broken.

GoodSyntax
08-24-2014, 08:39 PM
The truth is that while you certainly will run faster with 2 Sorcs and 2 Rogues, having a War in party makes for easier runs.

There is a huge difference when running with a tank. Running with a great tank means I can really enjoy the run; whereas, without, it's like walking on razors. One wrong move and I'm dead, one blunder can easily lead to a party wipe.

And, tanks don't necessarily slow you down. A good tank usually means that you can manage much larger pulls. I've run elite Caves with great tanks in about 6 1/2 mins (monster pulls). A good run with a tank is about 9-10 mins in caves. A good run with 2 Sorcs is a little bit faster, but usually more plat intensive, since I die more often.

A good tank means a mainstream party can usually do well in caves. A mainstream party without a tank can be a bit of a struggle. Tankless runs are usually reserved for experienced runners.