PDA

View Full Version : In-game mail system or similar

Caire-boo
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but the only thing I am missing in PL is some sort of in-game mail system. There are two main reasons this would be useful:
1: sending gear to alts ie if my enchantress gets a nice archer drop I could mail it to my archer. As far as I'm aware you can't do this now. If I'm wrong, please let me know how it's done.
2: Trading with other players. If I want to send something to a friend who would find it useful I currently would have to meet up with them. That's fine if they aren't in the middle of a dungeon or offline. It would be great to mail another player something with a COD option (cash on delivery).

Ideally one would be able to mail items (gear, potions etc), gold, and maybe even platinum although I can see the devs may have a problem with the latter and unserstandably so.

Do let me know what you think, if it's possible, and/or if you can already do it and old blondie here has just missed that feature 

Royce
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
You can transfer gear and gold to alts. That's what stash is for. You can find stash in Forest Haven and Fort Blackstone. A mail system (at least for messages) has been planned for some time. It was on the roadmap months ago. Not sure if it's close yet, but I think it'll come. You will never be able to transfer platinum.

Caire-boo
01-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Oh cool on both counts. Have used stash, but only on main so didn't notice it could be seen by alts. Glad mail is being planned. I thought it was probably on the cards. Right off to use stash to gear up my alts. Thanks so much for your help x

Kujen
01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope they make it friends-only or something. Last thing I need is spam mail in this game lol.

Xanthia
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
A mail system is a must for any MMO