PDA

View Full Version : rift set bonus

GoofyYno
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Is the bonus only for:
Overlord's Helmet of the Rift, Power Armor of the Rift, Sunblessed Scmimitar of the Rift, Screaming Skull Shield of the Rift or Gurgox Hammer of the Rift replacing shied/weapon?

if so, why have other rift items? like kite shield or Jacob's helmet, etc? I think if you are equipped will all components of the same family (ie rift,or croc's) there should be some , albeit small in some cases) bonus.

Residentevil
01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
both scimitar and skull shield and gurgox hammer have set bonuses, however the set bonus from gurgox is much smaller than the scimitar and skull shield

GoofyYno
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
I was looking at what I have, deciding if I want to buy more. I think I like the HATE gear, with the Luminous Harpoon of Destiny(since there is not bonus for hate;). gives me 110-150 damage (which is better then both the shadow Hax of Hate 85-94, and the Rift Scmimitar -107-114, ).

I'm not even sure the full rift set is so much better. You do get a lot more armor (+19) which is the hardest to give up. but the m/s is one less, h/s is one more (you do get 50 H points), and 5%dodge. you gain in Hit % but loose the same amount in crit, and with the loss of damage....

Now, before the flaming starts, if and when I get it all I'd probably ware it, but It does not seem worth buying when all I have of rift is force kit and Plasma Battlesword and they don't even count!!

Royce
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Hate armor, helm and shield with the harpoon is nice. In addition to what you already mentioned, don't forget the harpoon also breaks armor while the scim only has a lame soul leech proc. That setup is what my pally is gonna use (still prefer rift for my bear. The set bonus is just too good IMO).

GoofyYno
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I just did keeper run. very interesting. no issues during whole run. barely a dent in health. nice, but 12m/s vs 10 does make a difference. the weirdest thing was in the keeper room, he would not leave me alone. I couldn't get near him. he kept blasting me across the room. couldn't kill me though. (I was just going to post about how I hardly see any pink drops anymore, from AO3 bosses, but I took keepers staff)