PDA

View Full Version : A Note on the Rings from The Stashable L77 Pet

Remiem
08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone! As promised, I was able to look into the 2-piece ring issue and here is what I found...

Edited for Clarity:Since the 2-piece ring became available at level 61, we are only able to run a query to determine whether or not a player lower than level 61 has the ring when they should not. At this time, there is not a way for us to differentiate if a player level 61+ obtained the ring at the time of that cap or as part of the recent L77 pet glitch. Due to these limitations, the current plan is to allow the resulting 2-piece rings to stay in the players' inventories. There are no rings in existence on players lower than the required lvl 61.

Please feel free to comment here if you have any further questions or concerns.

SillyJuan
08-25-2014, 01:59 PM
LOL

Ssneakykills
08-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Just lol...

quantionus
08-25-2014, 02:16 PM
there are at least 100 different toons with it..

Apa
08-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Wot....

programmed
08-25-2014, 03:14 PM
I've honestly have never seen anyone lower than 76 with a 2 or 3 piece ring.

Sheugokin
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Well, I can name at least two off of my head.

Crys
08-25-2014, 03:55 PM
._.

Extreme
08-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Just a suggestion, Why not just delete all the 2pc and 3pc, those who have earned 2 or 3 elite vanities can make the 2pc or 3pc again from the fallen prince and those who got it from the lil gorath glitch, won't be able to get rings.

tarlan
08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Just a suggestion, Why not just delete all the 2pc and 3pc, those who have earned 2 or 3 elite vanities can make the 2pc or 3pc again from the fallen prince and those who got it from the lil gorath glitch, won't be able to get rings.

actually smart

they would need to reset all dragon ring achievements to to allow the legitimate players to get those rings back as well

tarlan
08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
actually smart

they would need to reset all dragon ring achievements to to allow the legitimate players to get those rings back as well

sorry i posted "actually smart" as if you were normally stupid, but i dint mean that at all

GOOD SUGGESTION! better than devs fix by far

Suentous PO
08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Does sound like a good idea. Although if dragon rings were effected it shouldn't cost the players gold. As in valiant recipe costing 31k to craft.

tarlan
08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Does sound like a good idea. Although if dragon rings were effected it shouldn't cost the players gold. As in valiant recipe costing 31k to craft.

yeh cant have any pros going broke

Suentous PO
08-25-2014, 06:46 PM
yeh cant have any pros going broke

Dem broke pvpers. Yeah admittedly 31k not a big deal, just a thought. Some of my toons have all rings so more like 100k+ Each toon.

Sheugokin
08-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Nub come back.

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-25-2014, 07:24 PM
I made the same suggestion yesterday on the other thread. I really dont see how hard can it be to delete all exisisting rings and let people who have the cap vanities redo the quest. Maybe resetting the quest is an issue?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

tarlan
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Dem broke pvpers. Yeah admittedly 31k not a big deal, just a thought. Some of my toons have all rings so more like 100k+ Each toon.

yeah like i get people dont wanna be spedning 2x for something they alrdy bought but if thats gonna eb reason for not getting ring prob fixed then...lol

I made the same suggestion yesterday on the other thread. I really dont see how hard can it be to delete all exisisting rings and let people who have the cap vanities redo the quest. Maybe resetting the quest is an issue?
the quest actually automatically resets, its the dragong ring achievements they would have to reset which im pretty sure wouldnt be that hard

Suentous PO
08-25-2014, 09:23 PM
yeah like i get people dont wanna be spedning 2x for something they alrdy bought but if thats gonna eb reason for not getting ring prob fixed then...lol

Nah don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting do anything in particular or not about it.
I just mistakenly thought the regular dragon rings cost the same, but it's just the valiant rings that might cost me around 300k to re craft if they simply deleted them as suggested.

programmed
08-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Nub come back.

Ya^

tarlan
08-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Nah don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting do anything in particular or not about it.
I just mistakenly thought the regular dragon rings cost the same, but it's just the valiant rings that might cost me around 300k to re craft if they simply deleted them as suggested.

least its gold drain
idk any easy solutiion to that though

Suentous PO
08-25-2014, 09:38 PM
least its gold drain
idk any easy solutiion to that though
Still best solution prolly

tarlan
08-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Still best solution prolly

yah u deserve some thanks btw

Crashy
08-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Just wanted to bring this up....

Players should also be able to craft their 2pc rings with their dragon rings. With the new cap, most players will be 77 and it would be unfair for 3pc players to have an extra ring equipped. This is a huge advantage in pvp/ctf.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
08-25-2014, 10:08 PM
I have 0 rings. What's the big deal?

Stevenmc
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM

Some people may have accidentally deleted old cap vanities, if they did this they might not be able to get them back? Idk just my thoughts.

Beezlewtf
08-26-2014, 03:22 AM
All of you need to stop crying over the fact of these people stashing the pet for the next best ring. Just cap to level 77 get a two piece ring and make the best of it. If you did not cap fast enough to use stash the pet and get a 2/3piece ring then oh well.. sorry.All of this drama is unnecessary. Now hate on me 😂

Apa
08-26-2014, 03:55 AM
All of you need to stop crying over the fact of these people stashing the pet for the next best ring. Just cap to level 77 get a two piece ring and make the best of it. If you did not cap fast enough to use stash the pet and get a 2/3piece ring then oh well.. sorry.All of this drama is unnecessary. Now hate on me ��

quantionus
08-26-2014, 04:22 AM
All of you need to stop crying over the fact of these people stashing the pet for the next best ring. Just cap to level 77 get a two piece ring and make the best of it. If you did not cap fast enough to use stash the pet and get a 2/3piece ring then oh well.. sorry.All of this drama is unnecessary. Now hate on me ��

ok devs this guy probably stashed it , check his acc pls

Beezlewtf
08-26-2014, 04:25 AM
ok devs this guy probably stashed it , check his acc pls
Lmao I haven't capped yet. 😇

Armourslash
08-26-2014, 04:29 AM
Well cant they just let people who have capped at 76 get the elite ring rather than anyone (just a suggestion).

SillyJuan
08-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Players should also be able to craft their 2pc rings with their dragon rings. With the new cap, most players will be 77 and it would be unfair for 3pc players to have an extra ring equipped. This is a huge advantage in pvp/ctf.

Yeh

quantionus
08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Hello everyone! As promised, I was able to look into the 2-piece ring issue and here is what I found...

Edited for Clarity:Since the 2-piece ring became available at level 61, we are only able to run a query to determine whether or not a player lower than level 61 has the ring when they should not. At this time, there is not a way for us to differentiate if a player level 61+ obtained the ring at the time of that cap or as part of the recent L77 pet glitch. Due to these limitations, the current plan is to allow the resulting 2-piece rings to stay in the players' inventories. There are no rings in existence on players lower than the required lvl 61.

then let others to have 2 pc on their toons too

Faliziaga
08-26-2014, 09:35 AM

This is so absurd, I refuse to believe it's the last word spoken about this issue.
Statted cap vanities in pvp had been a long-term subject and finally the ring system has been implemented to make it more fair for newer players. Now several pvp levels (61+) might be affected from the non-deserved pet glitch rings, not only 2pc, but 3pc+dragon rings as well.
It is not only letting some people have a huge advantage in pvp, but also economically counterproductive since those players do not need to grind 300k xp on every toon. Let alone the general unfairness to those who capped paying the same money.

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Well said faliziaga, honestly i think that a solution would be making 2pc craftable with dragon rings as well. It would fix the unfairness of having 3pcs. It wont happen anyway, sts is already back on AL. Maybe in the future if they ever decide to release one more cap...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Somemager
08-26-2014, 10:04 AM
The amount of disappointment and lol's on this thread is way to high, congrats STG for messing up again.

quantionus
08-27-2014, 04:50 AM
I've honestly have never seen anyone lower than 76 with a 2 or 3 piece ring.

there are 4 L66 with 3pc as far as i know and loads of 71s with 3pc and 2 pc

BroadCastle
08-27-2014, 05:34 AM
.... At this time, there is not a way for us to differentiate if a player level 61+ obtained the ring at the time of that cap or as part of the recent L77 pet glitch. Due to these limitations, the current plan is to allow the resulting 2-piece rings to stay in the players' inventories. There are no rings in existence on players lower than the required lvl 61.

First, thank you for investigating and dealing with this. For me, this is serious issue regarding fair play and whole ring reward system. I'm sure that it wouldn't be easy job to find abuse on l66+ toons. Nevertheless, I don't believe there is "no way to differentiate" legal owners from glitchers.

You have elite cap vanities as one evidence resources, elite titles as another. Someone mentioned people who accidentaly deleted some cap vanity. I'm asking this: How many of such a cases is there? Let's say there are few (deleted cap vanity and didnt ask support to restore...) Now tell me, how many of these few could belong in the group of l77 pet glitchers? I'd be surprised if there was single one instance...

That means, that all what is need to do is this: 2pc ring player - does he have 2 vanities or different titles (Killer elite + etternal elite) ? 3pc player - does he have 3 of them?

What you have done so far is cool, but how many glitchers were actually affected? Only old toons with CoP being <=l61 could have been.

I also believe that some honourable players who exploited the glitch could report themselves voluntarily. Personally, If I were the fast capper and If I knew I could stash pet, Id do that too. They couldn't be sure that it was some unfair move. Big thanks and respect to anyone who would do that.

Broadcastle

Ssneakykills
08-27-2014, 05:07 PM
First, thank you for investigating and dealing with this. For me, this is serious issue regarding fair play and whole ring reward system. I'm sure that it wouldn't be easy job to find abuse on l66+ toons. Nevertheless, I don't believe there is "no way to differentiate" legal owners from glitchers.

You have elite cap vanities as one evidence resources, elite titles as another. Someone mentioned people who accidentaly deleted some cap vanity. I'm asking this: How many of such a cases is there? Let's say there are few (deleted cap vanity and didnt ask support to restore...) Now tell me, how many of these few could belong in the group of l77 pet glitchers? I'd be surprised if there was single one instance...

That means, that all what is need to do is this: 2pc ring player - does he have 2 vanities or different titles (Killer elite + etternal elite) ? 3pc player - does he have 3 of them?

What you have done so far is cool, but how many glitchers were actually affected? Only old toons with CoP being <=l61 could have been.

I also believe that some honourable players who exploited the glitch could report themselves voluntarily. Personally, If I were the fast capper and If I knew I could stash pet, Id do that too. They couldn't be sure that it was some unfair move. Big thanks and respect to anyone who would do that.

Broadcastle

I did the glitch on my fox and rhino and deleted the rings a few days after wish I didn't now lol but least I did the right thing

dudetus
08-27-2014, 05:58 PM
One ring to rule them all?

I think STG are actually the dark forces of Mordor.

BroadCastle
08-28-2014, 02:43 PM
One ring to rule them all?

I think STG are actually the dark forces of Mordor.

Who always come with best joke afterall? :D :D

Hawkbby
08-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Well, I think the idea would to reset/delete everyones ring, as Sus said, but also like what Steven said, what if they accidentally deleted their cap vanities, but I assure thats a small number, poor decision on their part and we shouldn't pay for what they chose to do. Im totally agreeing with Sus, those who deleted their cap vanities, I'm sorry but that was your choice so take it with STS instead of complaining.

SillyJuan
08-28-2014, 09:07 PM

They should post on the announcements tab in the beginning of the pl screen a poll or something to vote, Pls stg this is a great idea

Disobediant
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
This was an important issue and I dont seen how this is funny in any way. Several players obtained the 2pc ring that capped for the first time at l76 by knowingly taking advantage of a glitch that should have been addressed immediately. Yes I've heard of other players talking about this glitch after the fact and how they did what others have done, either way, this is not funny. Furthermore, for those of you who think so, are probably of the few who did take advantage of this glitch and in my opinion should be investigated. Not so funny from that line of thinking is it now?

Fusionstrike
09-02-2014, 04:03 PM
It seems to me like it would be an easy database query to find toons with a two piece ring and 0 or 1 cap vanities. Likewise for three piece and 2 or fewer vanities. This technique would have false positives for those who lost a legitimate vanity somehow or those whose lil gorath got stuck on a non-capped toon. However, the vast majority of those detected would be the glitch users. It would take time to unravel the problem fairly, but it can certainly be done.

The real problem with STS doing nothing is that it teaches the community that they might as well abuse any glitch they find because not only will nothing be done, but they will greatly profit from it over everyone who doesn't do it. It certainly makes for a much stronger temptation knowing STS doesn't have the willpower to correct serious problems unless it's trivially easy to do so.

Chopper
09-04-2014, 11:17 AM
And all of a sudden i feel much less like capping all of my toons, knowing that some people just glitched their way to the same reward and STG isn't going to fix it.

Disobediant
09-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Awe please cap, its always worth the bragging rights against the users who haven't capped yet, and it can be fun, its a tool i use to motivate low lvl players to capping...and it works..

Somemager
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Awe please cap, its always worth the bragging rights against the users who haven't capped yet, and it can be fun, its a tool i use to motivate low lvl players to capping...and it works..

Im taking the yearly route to cap not worth it to grind 50-100 hrs all at once.

tarlan
09-06-2014, 09:54 PM
why dont they just sell a level 1 version for 2.5k plat?

Waug
09-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Only way to make it fair - make it stash able again

quantionus
09-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Only way to make it fair - make it stash able again

yes

Chopper
09-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Im taking the yearly route to cap not worth it to grind 50-100 hrs all at once.

Same here. NO need to rush since there's nothing coming after it and boredom will immediately set in anyway. Might as well enjoy the ride and not burn plat doing it.

tarlan
09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Same here. NO need to rush since there's nothing coming after it and boredom will immediately set in anyway. Might as well enjoy the ride and not burn plat doing it.

not rly what threads about but good luck

Disobediant
09-23-2014, 06:34 PM

I have spent hours discussing this topic both while in game and with several guild members and random players as well. They need to make the 2pc ring available to be combined with the dragon ring! Its been a year since we've had a new cap, and now were going to have a flood of 3pc rings combined with the dragon rings. Kinda unfair to new players. I can hear the counter arguments already "They should've started playing earlier "OR" They missed out, their loss, "OR" First come first serve,"OR" They don't play enough then they shouldn't worry about it....look I understand that for those of you who have played since day one, or w/e want to distinguish yourselves from the new players, and having a 3pc+dragon ring that no one else has or cant get right now, isn't the way to go.

Disobediant
09-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Well cant they just let people who have capped at 76 get the elite ring rather than anyone (just a suggestion).
I think your missing the facts.. In order to receive the 2pc ring, a player must reach the highest level allowed before the release of the next new level, example, if you reach L71 before they released the 76 level than that counts towards the 2pc ring for when you reach l76.
In conclusion you must reach the highest level possible two times in order to get this 2pc ring...

Disobediant
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
why dont they just sell a level 1 version for 2.5k plat?
you mean a lvl 1 2pc ring in the store? yea but thats a bit steep if im reading that right..sure its about the same cost to power level from 76-77 unless your on a dbl xp weekend and have a 3x combo, but otherwise a pretty high price.

Oh if your lookin for a new signature, check out this thread here and give me a thumbs up..
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?174113-Where-Can-I-Go-To-Create-An-Awesome-Forum-Signature

tarlan
09-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Oh if your lookin for a new signature, check out this thread here and give me a thumbs up..
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?174113-Where-Can-I-Go-To-Create-An-Awesome-Forum-Signature
thanks so much for the help unfortunately i have a very strict cinstant schedule between work, church, kids, exwife, the animal shelter i volunteer at and my endless number of medical exams so i dont have the time to create my own.
thats y my current one was made by someone else you can find a link to them in the pic on my sig
thanks again for the thought tho

Disobediant
10-04-2014, 10:07 AM
nice, rockin the signature i created for you, i made three of them and picked the best one of the three.

tarlan
10-05-2014, 01:01 PM
wow thanks i made tribute thread to u, but i couldnt mention you in sig due to some forum rules

Zeus
10-06-2014, 10:16 PM
If I recall, there are server rollbacks. This is what happened when the L61 cap was released. Why not perform the same function for PL?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

tarlan
10-11-2014, 12:09 PM
If I recall, there are server rollbacks. This is what happened when the L61 cap was released. Why not perform the same function for PL?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
wise words from the overlord of sts players

Suentous PO
10-13-2014, 07:04 PM
wise words from the overlord of sts players

Speak for yourself lel

tarlan
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Speak for yourself lel

i generally find it more offensive to speak in generalizations

BroadCastle
10-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Allow me to do a little bump here. I don't really hope it brings devs back on this toppic... but who knows.

<I'd like to ask devs to reply to the discussion in this thread. There have been multiple oppinions, questions and suggestions said - I think you should bring some response or conclusion. Thanks>

Faliziaga
11-07-2014, 06:41 AM
At this time, there is not a way for us to differentiate if a player level 61+ obtained the ring at the time of that cap or as part of the recent L77 pet glitch. Due to these limitations, the current plan is to allow the resulting 2-piece rings to stay in the players' inventories.

The fact that this thread is sticky and the expressions in bold still let me hope that when 'these limitations' will be overcome, STG are gonna have a look at this issue.