PDA

View Full Version : Rogue's Tips & Tricks

Zeus
08-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello all,

Personally, I think this is long overdue. With the skill display being inaccurate, giving away the knowledge that I know about rogues seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:
The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

• Noxious Bolt:
Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
- Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
- Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

• Razor Shield:
This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. You must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

• Medic Packs
These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

• Shadow Storm Shot
Since the recent auto target fix and mastery, this skill is quite useful. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. However, damage is dispersed as an AOE and can hit 11+ targets with the SSS mastery maxed. It has the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

• Traps
Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvE

• Shadow Veil
This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

• Shadow Piercer
This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

Rogue Arcane Weapons: [L46]:

Dragon Hunter Blades
These daggers have slightly less skill and display damage than Glintstone bow, but the proc is very powerful in PvE. The dragonbite AA can stun mobs repeatedly and also cause massive damage. The daggers require a target present in order to proc.

Mythic Rogue Weapons [L46]:

Glinstone Bows (All Versions)
This bow is an L46 bow with some special abilities unique to this bow. The bow has one proc: bombs, surround the target when proc'd.

The bombs have a nifty trick. If an enemy is on the opposing side of a wall, you can spam the auto attack and hope for a proc. The bombs will proc on your side of the wall but hit through the wall on the enemy target. Often times, they do enough damage to one hit the opponent. If a bomb kills a target, a kill will not be granted or recorded. Bombs surround the target and will only have a chance of proc via auto attack if there is a target present.

Additionally, since it is a bow, it can do mini-long range stuns via charging the auto attack button. These stuns will not work on bosses or large mobs, but will work on other classes in PvP or small mobs in PvE.

Weapon Preference:

*preference in numerical order*
1. Glinstone Bow of Fervor
2. Glinstone Bow of Guile
3. Glinstone Bow of Deftness
4. Glinstone Bow of Tactics

PvP:
• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
• Only the highest percent buff applies.
• Speed boosts are reduced to 0% once speed debuffed.
• Only the highest percent debuff applies.
• Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running. This is the one that I use:

PvE Build:

5/5 Aimed Shot
5/5 Noxious Bolt
1/5 Shadow Piercer (No Upgrades)
5/5 Shadow Storm Shot
5/5 Dex, Int, Crit, Damage
10/10 Nox Mastery
9/10 SSS Mastery

Enjoy!

Endkey
08-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Awesome work parf

Would you consider using razor while in clash against curse mages?

Zeus
08-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Awesome work parf

Would you consider using razor while in clash against curse mages?

I would, as with 2/5 in the shield, it does not make the shield particularly harmful against curse mages. Just make sure not to impale yourself on a mage when it is up. Instead, use the stun immunity time to snipe enemy rogues when they are stunned!

maliwat
08-26-2014, 12:20 PM
I love it thanks Zeus, now i know the build for pvp for my rogue :-)

MoloToha
08-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Do you use razor shield against warriors? They also tend to stun often.

Zeus
08-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Do you use razor shield against warriors? They also tend to stun often.

I do at times, but if you pack manage correctly, I find that it is not needed. Additionally, in order for Razor Shield to be useful, you need to charge it. Since you only have a small window of time between a warrior's heal and juggernaut - I prefer not to waste it by charging a skill to avoid stuns. Does it work? Sure! However, I find that the typical Aimed/Nox/SP/Packs build is more efficient provided that you save your Noxious Bolt until Juggernaut is cooled off.

Also, pulse Aimed Shot once on a warrior if you can before doing a charged Aimed, Noxious, SP combo. It kicks the 10% damage boost into play and you will see some really high damage provided that you are not feebled!

Derezzzed
08-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Hello all,

Personally, I think this is long overdue. With the skill display being inaccurate, giving away the knowledge that I know about rogues seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:
The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

• Noxious Bolt:
Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. Additionally, the 15% damage impact upgrade on Noxious Bolt does not work, therefore making it a waste of a stat point. So, spec accordingly! For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
- Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
- Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

• Razor Shield:
This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. However, it is glitched. So, it will only properly provide you stun immunity if you have 2/5 spec'd in Razor Shield (last upgrade only). The additional duration upgrade causes the stun immunity to fail. Additionally, you must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

• Medic Packs
These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

• Shadow Storm Shot
Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

• Traps
Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvP

• Shadow Veil
This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill.

• Shadow Piercer
This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

PvP:
• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
• TDM is glitched so a rogue's Damage % boost does work in CTF as well as a rogue having the original unnerfed damage.
• Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

PvP Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 1/5 Noxious Bolt
• 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Health Upgrade)
• 5/5 Medic Packs
• 2/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
• 5/5 Defense
• 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
• 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!

Hey man, I'm using the 20% dodge with the stun immunity on razor and the stun immunity still works, don't have the bleed but at some point since you have to charge for the stun immunity anyways I might spec it

Nonetheless, Great tips/guide Zeus :)

+1

Zeus
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey man, I'm using the 20% dodge with the stun immunity on razor and the stun immunity still works, don't have the bleed but at some point since you have to charge for the stun immunity anyways I might spec it

Nonetheless, Great tips/guide Zeus :)

+1

Yea, sorry I should've been clearer. What breaks it is the extended duration upgraded. However, it's still more beneficial to have 2/5 instead of more IMO.

Derezzzed
08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Yea, sorry I should've been clearer. What breaks it is the extended duration upgraded. However, it's still more beneficial to have 2/5 instead of more IMO.

For sole PVP ya defiantly, I hybrid spec ATM so have the dodge on razor for tombs runs, if only PVP wouldn't need the dodge dice only thing u can dodge is auto attacks lol

Madnex
08-27-2014, 10:58 AM
There's a slight mistype at the traps asterisk explanation, you can't activate them on PvE. Might need to clarify that your party or the enemy needs to be standing in the veil to receive the buffs and debuffs respectively -- also, hit% debuff in PvP is useless, everything hits. Rest is pretty much what I've been using for a while now (finally razor getting some recognition in PvP, I've had my fair share of mockery on that lol).

Good work overall, this is almost everything! :)

Bunny♥
08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
crap my pvp build was a mess after seeing this ahahahaha
how does defense help on rogues btw? increases armor?

Zeus
08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
crap my pvp build was a mess after seeing this ahahahaha
how does defense help on rogues btw? increases armor?

Yes, it increases the armor based on your armor before the percent passive boost. Of course, if you already have an existing percentage based defense boost, only the highest percentage boost will apply.

There's a slight mistype at the traps asterisk explanation, you can't activate them on PvE. Might need to clarify that your party or the enemy needs to be standing in the veil to receive the buffs and debuffs respectively -- also, hit% debuff in PvP is useless, everything hits. Rest is pretty much what I've been using for a while now (finally razor getting some recognition in PvP, I've had my fair share of mockery on that lol).

Good work overall, this is almost everything! :)

Thanks Mad, added! I didn't add the standing in veil thing because at that point, I figured it was nearly common sense that one would have to stand inside the veil's perimeters to gain benefits.

Bunny♥
08-28-2014, 12:35 PM
i see, so the rest of the nox are useless in pvp atm? Normally, nox goes 3-4 ..

well, overall, this is really a useful tips! If you didn't tell me bout razors, i would probably still see myself raging while fighting with smurf stuns.. either i slam my keyboard or slam a bucket full of water.. oh wait.. hahahaha

Zeus
08-28-2014, 02:41 PM
i see, so the rest of the nox are useless in pvp atm? Normally, nox goes 3-4 ..

well, overall, this is really a useful tips! If you didn't tell me bout razors, i would probably still see myself raging while fighting with smurf stuns.. either i slam my keyboard or slam a bucket full of water.. oh wait.. hahahaha

The rest of nox, IMO, is useless. Others may find it useful but personally, I find it counterproductive.

onayocary
08-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Thankz! for the tips very informative

uunknownn
08-29-2014, 12:49 AM
is that true 15%dmg on nox is glitch? :// respec respec :/

Derezzzed
08-29-2014, 03:00 PM
is that true 15%dmg on nox is glitch? :// respec respec :/

Yes I can confirm (thanks to Madnex, & he'll confirm if he's around) that the 15% impact dmg does not work on nox

Saribeau
08-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:

• Noxious Bolt:
Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. Additionally, the 15% damage impact upgrade on Noxious Bolt does not work, therefore making it a waste of a stat point. So, spec accordingly! For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.

• Razor Shield:
This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. However, it is glitched. So, it will only properly provide you stun immunity if you have 2/5 spec'd in Razor Shield (last upgrade only). The additional duration upgrade causes the stun immunity to fail. Additionally, you must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

• Medic Packs

• Shadow Storm Shot
Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

• Traps

• Shadow Veil
This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

• Shadow Piercer

PvP:
• TDM is glitched so a rogue's Damage % boost does work in CTF as well as a rogue having the original unnerfed damage.

PvP Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 1/5 Noxious Bolt
• 5/5 Medic Packs
• 2/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
• 5/5 Defense
• 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
• 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!

Thanks i didnt know the nox 15% dmg thingy. thanks

Demonharphas
08-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Would you recommend a PvP build with Aimed shot, shadow pierce, heal, and razor shield instead of nox?
I just think that compared to aimed shot and shadow pierce nox does almost no damage at all :/
And beside the stun immunity would be pretty useful...

Derezzzed
08-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Would you recommend a PvP build with Aimed shot, shadow pierce, heal, and razor shield instead of nox?
I just think that compared to aimed shot and shadow pierce nox does almost no damage at all :/
And beside the stun immunity would be pretty useful...

When you're fighting other rouges just using aim/sp/razor won't be enough dmg output, you need nox in the combo to potentially "one combo" another rouge, ontop of that, nox you can tap while razor you have to charge (for the stun immunity) so like Zeus said switch to razor when fighting Mages (& it certain causes, warriors)

tortugarabioso
08-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Sup.

uunknownn
08-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Wew thanks for this usefull info.

Azepeiete
08-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Pierce isnt glitched so much that the bonus "+ added damage on a critical" is into effect. Its similar to that aimed shot does 250% on a crit plus the actual "critical hit" buff, pierce does 150% dmg of what nox bolt would do on a crit.

Zeus
08-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Pierce isnt glitched so much that the bonus "+ added damage on a critical" is into effect. Its similar to that aimed shot does 250% on a crit plus the actual "critical hit" buff, pierce does 150% dmg of what nox bolt would do on a crit.

The added damage on critical is far higher than it should be. I believe it's using the 250x damage on critical upgrade rather than what it should be using.

Test: SSS - added damage on critical gives much less damage than a shadow pierce's (with same description).

Atten
08-30-2014, 03:00 PM
That's great and really useful! Thank you :-)

IGN Ozzy
08-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Nice Guide.

Dex Scene
09-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Nice guide

4everyoung
09-08-2014, 06:26 AM
it really helps.., thnx

Mihu
09-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Didnt know that noxs impact up doesnt work. Ty :)

Ihateppl
09-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Great thread Zeus, you should probably say not to add the "combustion tank" upgrade on trap, its pretty useless, and misleading, "causes high damage to enemies" my ***. Can't wait for respec weekend.

Kingumar
10-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Is it good if you the dodge upgrade and extra time upgrade for razor shield

Zeus
10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Is it good if you the dodge upgrade and extra time upgrade for razor shield

As I mentioned in my guide, no. Please read the guide for future questions. There is just about everything listed in there.

Demonassa
10-07-2014, 08:14 AM
This is by far the most concise guide written by one of the best rogues in game. Lots of effort, time and research gone into this. Awesome!

Zeus
10-07-2014, 08:30 AM
This is by far the most concise guide written by one of the best rogues in game. Lots of effort, time and research gone into this. Awesome!

Thanks Demon!

Coming from you, that means a lot. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Higuani
10-07-2014, 09:20 AM
I never used razor shield or even view at it. Does it dmg ? does it work better with daggers or bow ?

Or is it a defence skill ? Like packs no dmg at all ?

Zeus
10-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I never used razor shield or even view at it. Does it dmg ? does it work better with daggers or bow ?

Or is it a defence skill ? Like packs no dmg at all ?

It damages but typically, it is used as a defensive skill to avoid stuns. It works well with either bow or daggers but more damage output will be shown with daggers.

Auso
10-10-2014, 11:25 AM
zeus,you shure aboute 15% dmg on nox blot DOESNT WORK?? :)

andyz.yuta
10-13-2014, 06:16 PM
for NB skill , which should i upgrade for pve ?

Zeus
10-14-2014, 10:56 AM
for NB skill , which should i upgrade for pve ?

I would recommend all upgrades excluding 15% impact upgrade.

Justbaiokai
10-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Not sure if this has already been said, but what skills would you use for a level 16 twink rogue, for pvp?:) thanks in advance.

andyz.yuta
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I would recommend all upgrades excluding 15% impact upgrade.
ty ^^

Zeus
10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Not sure if this has already been said, but what skills would you use for a level 16 twink rogue, for pvp?:) thanks in advance.

I do not know, sorry. I don't play L16 rogue.

Justbaiokai
10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
I do not know, sorry. I don't play L16 rogue.

Awh okay, thanks anyway:)

Iahwahska
10-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Incredibly useful guide, thank you muchly.
Any chance of getting a mage one?

Silverpegasus
10-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Hello all,

• Razor Shield:

Wow, i never knew that razor shield could save you from stun and even panic! So it works in PVE too? Found the skill useless before because I basically took the duration upgrade. (why would the skill description always so vague in explaining things) Thank you so much for sharing Zeus. Have to have this for Halloween boss!

Zeus
10-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Wow, i never knew that razor shield could save you from stun and even panic! So it works in PVE too? Found the skill useless before because I basically took the duration upgrade. (why would the skill description always so vague in explaining things) Thank you so much for sharing Zeus. Have to have this for Halloween boss!

No problem, that's what the guide is here for!

P.S: Thank you for not quoting the entire post. :)

kinzmet
11-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Great guide Zeus. Its been a while since you posted your PVP build, the last one is you featured Shadowveil. It seems that you had completed a maxed PVP purpose build, congrats! :)

However, this has been bothering me since I read your guide a couple of months ago.

• Aimed Shot:
And

PvP:

PvP Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 1/5 Noxious Bolt
• 5/5 Medic Packs
• 5/5 Defense
• 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
• 5/5 Critical

If damage buff is doesn't work on PVP due to "debuff-overides-buff" and there is an existing damage debuff on rogue then why bother to 5/5 Aimshot? Does the % damage upgrade on Aimshot an exemption?

Zeus
11-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Great guide Zeus. Its been a while since you posted your PVP build, the last one is you featured Shadowveil. It seems that you had completed a maxed PVP purpose build, congrats! :)

However, this has been bothering me since I read your guide a couple of months ago.

And

If damage buff is doesn't work on PVP due to "debuff-overides-buff" and there is an existing damage debuff on rogue then why bother to 5/5 Aimshot? Does the % damage upgrade on Aimshot an exemption?

Yes, the percent damage upgrade is an exemption because it applies to your opponent and not yourself. This can be proven when you try to fire your aimed shot at a different person other than the one that your first aimed shot hit.

kinzmet
11-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes, the percent damage upgrade is an exemption because it applies to your opponent and not yourself. This can be proven when you try to fire your aimed shot at a different person other than the one that your first aimed shot hit.

Hmmm, I always thought that it is a damage increase. It does increase my damage on PVE, but doesn't happen on PVP.

Zeus
11-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, I always thought that it is a damage increase. It does increase my damage on PVE, but doesn't happen on PVP.

It should happen. I've tested both with and without the upgrade. Try again?

Zeus
11-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Anyways, it means that your aimed shot will hit harder provided that the first hit the opponent. So, make sure the effects have not worn off.

kinzmet
11-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Anyways, it means that your aimed shot will hit harder provided that the first hit the opponent. So, make sure the effects have not worn off.

Done testing, your right. Thanks :)

PS: While searching for opponents in PVP I usually tap AS every now and then to keep the Crit stacked, I always thought % damage upgrade also works this way. I guess I was wrong.

CheifR
11-13-2014, 12:02 PM
I would, as with 2/5 in the shield, it does not make the shield particularly harmful against curse mages. Just make sure not to impale yourself on a mage when it is up. Instead, use the stun immunity time to snipe enemy rogues when they are stunned!

What's YOUR suggested pve build?

Kingumar
11-15-2014, 01:43 AM
pls make a guide on how to be rich

Zeus
11-16-2014, 07:52 PM
What's YOUR suggested pve build?

It depends on the map - what map do you plan to run?

@Kingumar
That's the one guide that I will not do for personal and admittedly selfish reasons.

Heartt
11-18-2014, 09:45 AM
thanks Zeus! :) really helps :)

regizakirs.rs
12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks Zeus for this guide. It has been very helpful and concise. And very well put together. I'm going to put the information to good use.

: pop holding it down :

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 10:31 AM
is everything still bugged on the rouge like in this guide?

Zeus
12-23-2014, 09:43 PM
is everything still bugged on the rouge like in this guide?

Whatever is listed as a bug in this guide is still a bug. D:

kinzmet
12-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Hi Zeus!

Since the release of Breeze's onslaugth on PVP I've been thinking about how to counter it specially on 1v1 situation. Comes to mind is the Razor Shield, I haven't have the time to test it yet so I wanted to know if I can be immuned to freeze while razor is active and I was targeted by Breeze's AA?

Thanks for the info :)

Zeus
12-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi Zeus!

Since the release of Breeze's onslaugth on PVP I've been thinking about how to counter it specially on 1v1 situation. Comes to mind is the Razor Shield, I haven't have the time to test it yet so I wanted to know if I can be immuned to freeze while razor is active and I was targeted by Breeze's AA?

Thanks for the info :)

Yes, but since the razor duration is so short, most smart breeze users just wait until razor wears off.

zerofort
12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
I decided to stick with elon bow is frost bow in any ways better then elon besides the small state increase? Also could you give good details wbout best fighting style agenst a op war?

Zeus
01-03-2015, 09:37 PM
I decided to stick with elon bow is frost bow in any ways better then elon besides the small state increase? Also could you give good details wbout best fighting style agenst a op war?

Yes but it's easier for me to show you them rather than explain. What are your playing times?

zerofort
01-05-2015, 12:19 PM
ok sorry next time ill bring a op war willing to help practice also i do well in tdm but for some reason ctf i get farmed

Rx8
01-06-2015, 06:30 AM
whats razor shield if i can ask??

Zeus
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
whats razor shield if i can ask??

I don't know. Try reading the guide...?

carmine_blade
01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Hi all does passive dex/str/int stack with dex/str/int from pets? I've read a few threads and gather that damage doesn't stack, and that speed and luck don't over a certain threshold, but I'm unsure about stats. Any answers much appreciated!

kinzmet
01-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Hi all does passive dex/str/int stack with dex/str/int from pets? I've read a few threads and gather that damage doesn't stack, and that speed and luck don't over a certain threshold, but I'm unsure about stats. Any answers much appreciated!

Stats do stack
The damage/armor/speed don't stack due to the percent (%) modification system of the game. It means that only the highest % will be acknowledge.
So anything that doesn't do a % increase will stack.

carmine_blade
01-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Awesome thank you for that. Gotta say everyone is so friendly and helpful round here :)

Madnex
01-08-2015, 01:04 PM
So anything that doesn't do a % increase will stack.
There are exceptions. Crit % stacks in all cases, for example.

kinzmet
01-08-2015, 01:43 PM
There are exceptions. Crit % stacks in all cases, for example.

Thanks for clarifying.

Burwaka
01-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Wow very good guilde

Okadiasil
01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
i know the build for pvp for my rogue xD

goodjuice
01-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Are they things you would change in your build if you played a dagger rouge? Also do u use 100% Dex for your base? Or do u get points in str and int?

Zeus
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Are they things you would change in your build if you played a dagger rouge? Also do u use 100% Dex for your base? Or do u get points in str and int?

I don't change my skill build when I go dagger rogue.

Grizzlis
01-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Guys, does sts fixed razor shield stun immunity duration? Cause I can't find this bug in Madnex bug list anymore :)

kinzmet
01-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Guys, does sts fixed razor shield stun immunity duration? Cause I can't find this bug in Madnex bug list anymore :)

What are you talking about? Its still there, on the spoiler below the picture of Sean Bean from the Game of Thrones.

Here look at this:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57890947.jpg

All bosses (and especially slow Troll-type ones like Krunch, Maneater and Tribal Abomination) have a tendency to display incorrectly directed red zones due to the fact that the attack animation doesn't always "lock" to the original place where the hit actually lands -- the result of the boss being hit right after the red zone attack is initiated; the animation shows the boss turning around to face the one who dealt the last shot but the actual red-zone hit remains locked at the original location.
Arachna's coocoons will stay as indestructible targettable objects if destroyed while under the effect of a Damage over Time skill (eg. Noxious Bolt, Frost Bolt, Fireball) - preventing the party from aiming and damaging the boss.
The large green troll-mobs in Tindirin have had their circular red warning zone before their AoE panic attack removed since the update that adjusted red zones to better compensate for lag.
Arachna's web attack has almost double the range that the red zone shows in a straight line ahead from boss - note that instead of the spreading web making contact (like another spider-boss, Mother's similar attack), this time it's the single web-projectile is what actually hits the player in longer distances.
After killing a boss in Arena in the exploding mushrooms environment, if there were more than four(4) mushrooms spawned, not all of them will disappear afterwards.
There's a delay in all on-screen timers which do not correspond to the actual countdowns on boss fights in Arena.
The Arcane Ability of both Misty and Ironbite also reset the timer for stun immunity.
Any Archon Ring with an armor bonus gives 94-98 extra armor regardless the actual armor display figure of the one who equips it - that's closer to a 5% armor boost (with 2000 armor) that appears to stack with 5% of Durable's 5% (armor passive)!
Elite Rendtail will not attack with rocks falling if no one approaches closer than 7m which allows the party to safely shoot him down from 9m with zero resistence - contradicting the normal version's rock throw which occurs no matter where you're standing in boss area.
In the Elite Rockhorn Summit map and more specifically at the locations of the three minibosses, the HP/damage of the possible miniboss spawns are almost normal difficulty.
Using a pet's Arcane Ability which includes stun/panic/terrify shows no reaction on certain bosses (Ursoth, Herond, Arachna, etc.) even though they are stunned/panicked/terrified, leading players to believe these bosses are immune to them.
The shield on the Ashral/Wraith Heart boss doesn't drop sometimes.
A large number of weapons and armors have stats that don't scale, making those miniscule stats useless in end game and overpowered in lower than L10.
All weapons purchased through store crates and a large number of other epics have the same damage on both charged and uncharged normal attack.
Certain NPC's can be affected by Entangling Traps(Rogue's skill) and Windmill (Warrior's skill).
All amulets appear untradable below L5.
Using a fire-oriented gun, club or bow combined with certain pet AoE passives often results in mobs or bosses immobilized and frozen at zero HP.
Arachna's coocoons reward EXP every time one disintegrates - up to L41.
In Elite Rendtail boss, breaking the eggs awards EXP; something that doesn't happen in normal Rendtail - all eggs break when the boss is hit and reset by walking outside the area.
At the last sub-quest of upgrading your mythic armor, killing Inan'hesh while he's not enraged now incorrectly completes the quest.
On Elite Undim Fields, sometimes there are more than a single elite boss (Captain Kromm) spawns.
Orange crab mobs keep spawning indefinitely while killing Bloodhammer on Skull Cove - in addition, they also spawn in a much faster rate at Lost Cove map found when exploring from Dragon's Jewel while killing Butterclaw boss and even after boss is dead.
If you stash your Upgraded Mythic Armor set and unstash it using any toon of the same account, that toon earns the achievement "Aquired Restored Heroes Armor" and gains the title: "The Hero Of Legend".
While running in Hauntlet, the green poison pools that are left behind from the comet-type mob spawns have a really prolonged lifespan beyond normal and are also targettable.
Activating a skill that creates an invulnerability shield (eg. Arcane Shield, Horn of Renew) while you're under the 15 second invulnerability buff that costs 5 platinum results in both invulnerability effects being terminated when the skill-shield drops, even if the 15secs were far from over - visual effect from the 15-second platinum invulnerability shield remains but its effectiveness is lost.
Hitting a near-dead mob with a charged shot from any Tindirin fiery bow (eg. Jungle Hunter/Expedition Bow/Raiding Bow) of the last expansion will incorrectly show the animation as if it had been frozen and then blow up to icy bits.
All of the special procedures have unreasonably low static damage over time throughout the levels, unmatching the mobs HP at endgame - eg. exploding arrow on expedition bow, toxin spread on goblin weapons, claymore's fire proc; damage over time doesn't scale.
Circular-flashing red zone warnings continue looping for an abnormally large time (eg. after boss's rock throw attack in Jagged Trail, Tindirin).
Dying in Hauntlet -- after crossing the finishing line and receiving your hauntlet token -- enables the player to get one more for free by respawning - party size affects the maximum number of extra tokens.
When liquidating items in your inventory, the statistical display does not accurately refresh to reflect the actual item that is highlighted and about to be deleted/equipped.
If you're hit by any of the new Ursoth's event boss slowdown attacks, the purple smoke effect will stay on your character until you leave the area - the visual effect probably lingers longer than intended.
Certain NPC's are targettable at the basement of Stronghold town, Nordr.
The Beastmaster at the far end ahead of Stronghold, Nordr, incorrectly posseses a yellow exclamation mark that normally shows an available quest - in reality it's just a questline dead end.
Certain map outlines include spots that still allow players to walk outside intended boundaries (eg. The Dead City, Skull Cove, Mountain Spyr, Windmoore Tavern, Paradise Pier).
Kraag Canons can be fired even after death through spacebar or mouse click if you get blasted in proximity or against a closeby wall.
When initiating conversation with the Beastmaster in Paradise Pier and Expedition Camp, you hear an eagle cry even though there are zero pets around.
Message bubble doesn't stop above player's character when inspecting the Alchemist in Kelys - on the left of auction house.
Arachna's attacking animation will often continue looping after death if killed while she's charging her short-range bite attack.
The bleeding animation after being hit appears to always set off even if the attack is dodged.
Certain incomplete textures are visible (eg. Zario's Elixir Shop in Expedition Camp, the unidentifiable green vegetables on the food stands in Expedition Camp, certain pylons in Tower of Mardrom, etc.).
Incorrect spelling in map description for Ancient Mariner Reef - doesn't --> don't*.

In Social Options, "Invite All to Party on HUD" appears to re-enable itself randomly AND it prompts you to create party even if unchecked when you break off a party.
There is no exclamation mark or notification pop-up in the post-login screen for the Daily Story quest being ready.
When you're doing the mythic armor upgrade subquest that requires you to kill shadowmancers to get their essence, each time you get one the wrong message appears ("Your elixir has worn off.").
Often, you will find that joining a party member or trading with someone in the same area is impossible through the pop-up menu when you click on their names but you can trade with them through inspecting them and join them through Social tab - this pertains cases where joining and trading should be allowed, there are no restrictions bypassed with this or anything.
On Chrome, click-spamming normal attacks & 1-3 skills together often results in the third skill "locked" at charge, not allowing any other action.
For various Android keyboards, the message you are typing is not there - it still sends, just not visible. For some this happens only after exiting app and returning (without client reset).
In Alerts, "Upgrade Items" is broken as it considers an item better even if any of the stats is higher than the one equipped - eg. it can prompt a warrrior to "upgrade" to an item with half the STR but one more INT point, comparing to the one currently equipped - formula needs to be revised.
Enabling the Sound option when it's off either freezes/crashes/doesn't work - mainly on Chrome, requires refresh to work.
Tapping the back button or ESC key while something is loading in-game makes access to any menu a never-ending loading screen - eg. inspecting another player, trying to access inventory/skills/etc.
[Moneybags] title doesn't show as an available title for anyone who already had 100k cash AP before the update that added the new gold AP titles.
If you click on the "X of your friends is online" Alert from the box on the top right corner and that friend goes offline or changes area shortly afterwards, the pop-up box that was brought up disappears from your screen instantly BUT, the next time any other friend logs in, the huge pop-up box is brought up again covering your screen without pressing anything - can be frustrating and confusing.
Trying to return at the previous map while in The Dead City incorrectly prompts you to return to The Wilds instead of Dead City Outskirts.
When first starting a new character and you are prompted to check the Platinum Store as a task, it shows an outdated platinum to gold conversion rate - option of 25 platinum for 7500 gold.
The daily quest "Black Hearts" that you get from Kraag's Blacksmith does not include [Daily] in its title.
Writing a sentence without spaces that covers the maximum character limit appears to mess up the color codes.

Killing the Frost Fiend inside any Story quest instance results in no tokens dropped (Frozen Frontlines Winter Event).
Dying and respawning at the start of the Winter Event map when facing the three frozen warriors as boss causes them to spawn again but this time killing them doesn't yield points nor loot (Frozen Frontlines Winter Event).
The count of the Halloween event bosses killed in the top of the screen is inaccurate since it counts a boss kill only if you were the one to deliver the finishing blow (Halloween Event).

Lack of periods in multiple Arcane Ability descriptions in Stable (PM if list needed).
When a pet levels up, sometimes 3-5 red flashes follow as if you're taking damage - in addition, if you were typing something it deletes itself and the chatbox gets glitched.
Orion pet's Arcane Ability incorrectly applies terrify at a rate similar to Slag's - no such thing is mentioned on the description.
The fix on Shadowlurk Arcane Ability is partially incomplete as the debuff pop-up icons still include the red armor debuff one - simple display issue.

Pet damage buffs are not applied in both CTF and TDM for rogues, a huge issue that is caused by the 10% damage debuff scalar functioning incorrectly (this also applies to any other type of damage boost like passive damage or shadow veil damage boost).
Trulle's downward smash attack in TDM no longer deals damage, even if standing right beneath him.

Sorcerer's Frost Bolt skill appears to have its first upgrade that gives a 20% chance to freeze surrounding enemies activated on a very short range for 100% by default - something that severely decreases the usefullness of the said upgrade.
Sorcerer's Lifegiver third upgrade that adds healing over time incorrectly draws aggro of all enemies nearby.
Misspelled/non-capitalized name of L41 staff, Tindirin campaign's drop - "intellects Staff of Assault".

When a warrior activates a skill that has taunt (eg. Horn of Renew), it appears to be effective in a much larger area than the one mentioned in skill description.
Horn of Renew grabs aggro if used uncharged too (with the upgrade for aggro on charge).
The Winter Wonderland set for warriors is spelled without the space between --"WinterWonderland"-- while the sorcerer and rogue ones are spelled normally.

Rogue's Noxious Bolt skill will deal 15-20% less instead of more damage in several occasions in PvE when the fourth upgrade (Serrated Arrow) is activated.
Razor Shield's movement-impairing effects immunity upgrade gets nullified (after working once) if you unlock the extra three-second one!
The Rogue's upgraded Mythic body armor is lacking the lightings effect around the body piece - they only show around the helmet.
Using Shadow Pierce skill while being just a bit outside the 16m range from your target results in your character dashing into the said target but no damage is dealt.
Quickly double tapping either Rogue's Noxious Bolt or Aimed shot will automatically fire off the skill once again right after the cooldown of the first shot, disrupting any other attack you are charging.

Click on the spoiler below the picture. A list of glitches will come, click on the Rogue's glitches then read it there.

Grizzlis
01-14-2015, 01:10 PM
What are you talking about? Its still there, on the spoiler below the picture of Sean Bean from the Game of Thrones.

Here look at this:
Click on the spoiler below the picture. A list of glitches will come, click on the Rogue's glitches then read it there.

Oh ty, for some reason my tablet can't open these spoilers. That's how i missed it!

Rx8
01-15-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't know. Try reading the guide...?

all i know there is a daggers called twin razors which gives stun immunity, but i never heard of razor shield before. My apologies...might take me sometime to actually figure things out.

kinzmet
01-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Oh ty, for some reason my tablet can't open these spoilers. That's how i missed it!

Np :)
I think my tablet wont let me open spoilers too, luckily I use PC on browsing :)

Zeus
01-15-2015, 11:44 AM
all i know there is a daggers called twin razors which gives stun immunity, but i never heard of razor shield before. My apologies...might take me sometime to actually figure things out.

Twin razors do not give stun immunity. Razor Shield is a skill. Do you play a rogue?

Are you trolling? This is all clearly written in the guide.

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Twin razors do not give stun immunity. Razor Shield is a skill. Do you play a rogue?

Are you trolling? This is all clearly written in the guide.

He's just a brand new player to AL, no troll just beginning his journey in Arlor. You know how it is...

(:

Inan'hesh
01-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Trolling? Because theres no really point in posting comments about a subject you didn't even know aside from trolling.

Read the guide, its on the very first page of this thread. Otherwise poeple will think your just trolling here with you post. READ HERE

Zeus
01-15-2015, 12:16 PM
He's just a brand new player to AL, no troll just beginning his journey in Arlor. You know how it is...

(:

Ye, but it's clearly written in the post and Razor Shield is labeled as a skill. How can he have never have heard of Razor Shield if he plays the rogue class? I have a feeling he didn't even read the guide.

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Ye, but it's clearly written in the post and Razor Shield is labeled as a skill. How can he have never have heard of Razor Shield if he plays the rogue class? I have a feeling he didn't even read the guide.

Probably hasn't tried out all the rogue skills, and just because he read the guild doesn't mean he remembers everything posted. Heck I still go back to it and read some stuff! It really is just a new guy here who has been actively learning the class. We chatted in the box and I think he will come up nicely to the game.

Anyways, this is still an outstanding reference for the class. Thanks, Zeus!

Zeus
01-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

• Razor Shield:

Enjoy!

Here.

Inan'hesh
01-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

Razor Shield:

Enjoy!

Here.

I thought it was twin razor? <-----Now Rx8, this is how you troll

Zeus
01-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Added a weapons section for Rogues.

morgy84
02-16-2015, 04:13 AM
Ty for this very informative Guide Zeus.
+1

Sundar Moorthi
03-24-2015, 04:16 AM
Applause to ZEUS

I think STS make's Rogue OP ( but the truth its ZEUS find the best skills for rogues and he shared)

There is no clear guide for Warrior & Mage like this

Ansm
04-07-2015, 10:08 PM
How will I know if the Warrior's Juggernaut is active?

Ansm
04-13-2015, 06:15 PM
They get this pot like icon next to their character/icon which usually means they are under the effrct (s) of jugg.
Oh, if Venge is active, it has a round white under their character? And if Jugg, there is this Pot like icon next to them?

Thanks for Answering :)

Fiasaria
04-18-2015, 02:22 PM
are you still using those skills ?

volltage
04-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Hmmmm...from my personal exeperience with a level 41 rogue,l would say I agree with this info 100% ...
I also use a low level twink rogue with samael ,in which I kill every class fairly easy ,in expection of another equally skilled and geared rogue.

From my experience fighting with another stun pet(sam and singe) user rogue ,with razor skill ,its more difficult to beat them with the 20% dodge buff included their arsenal. I find it that while I can sometimes avoid their stun while both of us use are utilizing our stun immunity buff ,with the enemy rogue usining dodge buff as well I tend to miss alot of hits on the enemy ,therefore getting myself killed.

Happy hunting
...VOLLTAGE...

Wazakesy
04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Nah, it needs a bit of editing. :P

Zeus
04-22-2015, 08:14 PM
are you still using those skills ?

No, I will update build shortly.

mmaachilles211
04-24-2015, 08:31 AM
First off great guide this answers just about all of the questions I've had :) Secondly which imbued set would you suggest and why if you have time for the question.

TYIA

Zeus
04-24-2015, 10:29 AM
First off great guide this answers just about all of the questions I've had :) Secondly which imbued set would you suggest and why if you have time for the question.

TYIA

The imbued set I'd recommend all depends on your other gear. What is your other gear and your budget?

mmaachilles211
04-24-2015, 11:13 AM
I can afford the finer things in life haha just missing the ring...currently have a planar pendent full eyes and a ruby with Para and 2 eyes that are shared between my mage and rogue. Along with those I have myth set for now until I figure out my imbued and will be using frost or elo bow leaning more towards elo

Zeus
04-24-2015, 02:05 PM
I can afford the finer things in life haha just missing the ring...currently have a planar pendent full eyes and a ruby with Para and 2 eyes that are shared between my mage and rogue. Along with those I have myth set for now until I figure out my imbued and will be using frost or elo bow leaning more towards elo

I would get an imbued will set or imbued brutality set then. Either of the two, you should find appealing. If you lack mana, go with 1 imbued brut piece and 1 imbued potency piece.

mmaachilles211
04-24-2015, 05:51 PM
I would get an imbued will set or imbued brutality set then. Either of the two, you should find appealing. If you lack mana, go with 1 imbued brut piece and 1 imbued potency piece.

Kk ty much bud :)

mmaachilles211
05-10-2015, 10:05 PM

The product so far :D just need the ring and lll be ok haha :) ty again for all the tips made it much easier to bring her up :)

notfaded1
05-18-2015, 03:24 PM
This is the exact combo of imbued that both Candy and I use. 1 pot plus 1 brut is an awesome combo until something better comes along...

ALSO NOTE: There was a time when Parth almost made a science out of pve builds too...js. ;^}

Madnex
05-18-2015, 03:30 PM
The Nox description is due to an update. Nab.

Zeus
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Guide updated with the bug fixes!

Oldguy
06-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Bump up to get to 10 posts :)

ColaxRic
07-24-2015, 03:22 AM
Do you think the duration for Razor shield is worth a point? I play Lvl 17 Rogue and I use Pierce, Aim, Razor and Packs. I've got a point into Passive instead of the duration upgrade. Is a point worth for 3 seconds?

Jink
07-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Wow good info.at least I saw it today

Wantows
07-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Need Build for lv 46 pls ? stats and skills

Kingumar
08-12-2015, 12:41 AM
lvl 46 rogue pve and pvp build pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
10-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Guide has been updated. It may be revised later on as well.

xEnterprise
11-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Shadow Storm Shot is a very good skill in KM3. Since KM3 is like the bread and butter area of farming, its good to have it. Charged SSS does about 1500 aoe damage at 600 DMG stat enough to kill the summons from blue mage and can almost one hit the archers. And in KM3 your always running in a straight line anyway making it easier to target the SSS.

Madnex
11-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Your point is valid. However you should realise that as a result you are only using it for one specific farming location. In the harder elite dungeons the damage from SSS hardly scratches the easiest mobs. So if you're a pure locked crate farmer then by all means spec SSS. If your farming rounds are more diversified and involve places like elite Tindirin, Planar Tombs and Elite Rengol, it would be best to spend your skill points in other things.
If you're running with rogue set myth bonus, SSS can always hit four targets which makes it better than veil/razor (if you don't have an issue with surviving, that is). That being said, it's least useful in the last Tindirin maps since the majority of the mobs cannot be stunned (but no one runs those anyway). So in a maxed or near maxed party with trap set bonus, SSS is the best fourth skill you can throw in.

xEnterprise
11-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Im just saying this guide is a little biased as it does not include all of the player base. It is only focused on the very end game and does not include the usefulness of Shadow Storm Shot in the early stages of farming in KM3 or even leveling up as a rogue.

To make such a statement about SSS being completely useless infuriates me as i have been using it to clear lots of KM3's while watching other rogues just running in circles unable to clear the groups of mobs, expecting to just kill the bosses. I am able to contribute more by killing enough mobs with my SSS allowing the Archer boss to spawn faster and running to the right side in time before the party kills Hayley without me.

So I believe Shadow Storm Shot deserves its recognition because the farming time required in KM3 is significantly long enough to make SSS a skill worth getting during this time.

EmoCandy
11-11-2015, 01:14 AM
cooool nice thread

whaarrdx
12-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:

• Noxious Bolt:
Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.

• Razor Shield:
This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. You must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

• Medic Packs

• Shadow Storm Shot

• Traps

• Shadow Veil

• Shadow Piercer

Weapon Preference:

PvP:

PvP Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 5/5 Noxious Bolt
• 5/5 Medic Packs
• 3/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity & Extended Duration Upgrade. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
• 5/5 Defense
• 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
• 5/5 Critical

Enjoy!
very helpful thread :-) hoping that there is a PRO MAGE who will make an awesome thread like this :-(

Sent from my I212 using Tapatalk

By-ste
12-23-2015, 12:27 PM
zeus you sell you imbued full para ?

Intous
12-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Make this thread sticky...

typemyname
01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
I don't actually give a lot of thanks for posts but this thread definitely needs a +1. everything was detailed and all entailing questions were answered correctly and politely. Great Job!

Ilowe
02-21-2016, 02:30 AM
Old but Gold! Was looking for a detailed thread such as this.. Good One!

Njntendo.
02-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Post 1/10 -_-"

Flicktime
02-27-2016, 06:16 PM

Solanu
02-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Can I just ask if the stuff on the first page still applies for Nox? Is it still recommended to only have 1/5 on this skill in PVP, and is it common for wars to use curse?

Also perhaps you can add a section on pvp tactics? You mention packs and charge first to start cool down but what about when to activate nekro? And if it is even worth specing rzr shield if you have a nekro?

Also my small contribution would be that the dmg buff on Nekro and Toor doesn't stack with veils, so kind makes it less useful skill. But not sure if the coming damage buff and crit nerf will effect this.

Ilowe
03-17-2016, 10:25 PM
So... New Client is out. Favor PLEASE? :D :D :D

After some time of experimenting, could you make another Rogue Skill Build Thread? I'm so lost on the skill mastery..

Zeus
03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
So... New Client is out. Favor PLEASE? :D :D :D

After some time of experimenting, could you make another Rogue Skill Build Thread? I'm so lost on the skill mastery..

Sure, I had plans to do this come the L56 cap.

Can I just ask if the stuff on the first page still applies for Nox? Is it still recommended to only have 1/5 on this skill in PVP, and is it common for wars to use curse?

Also perhaps you can add a section on pvp tactics? You mention packs and charge first to start cool down but what about when to activate nekro? And if it is even worth specing rzr shield if you have a nekro?

Also my small contribution would be that the dmg buff on Nekro and Toor doesn't stack with veils, so kind makes it less useful skill. But not sure if the coming damage buff and crit nerf will effect this.

No, you can use all upgrades of Nox in PvP now except the AOE upgrade. However, against a curse mage, I would recommend 1/5 nox. As for razor, I still have it spec'd even when I have Nekro. It comes in handy against those arcane swords. I'll try to include a PvP tactics section when I have the time but I really don't like to give out all that much on tactics. You should, however, always lead with Nekro AA in general.

Ansm
03-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Zeus, are you going to post some guide for LVL46 Rogues PvP and PvE?

Wazakesy
04-01-2016, 09:10 AM

No, you can use all upgrades of Nox in PvP now except the AOE upgrade. However, against a curse mage, I would recommend 1/5 nox. As for razor, I still have it spec'd even when I have Nekro. It comes in handy against those arcane swords. I'll try to include a PvP tactics section when I have the time but I really don't like to give out all that much on tactics. You should, however, always lead with Nekro AA in general.

How to be a rogue?

Be geared, be rich, charge aim in PvP and done. :P

Zeus
04-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Added PvE Build! Removed outdated PvP build, will upload a revised PvP build when I figure out the most efficient build for PvP!

Ticklish
04-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Added PvE Build! Removed outdated PvP build, will upload a revised PvP build when I figure out the most efficient build for PvP!

4/5 SSS! Just save extra point for Rising Death on pierce in case you need it. ;)

Ambrose
04-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Love this guide and new build looks good, might i suggest changing the description of Storm Shadow Shot as you currently have it listed as the most useless skill in the rogues arsenal yet you have now spec'd 5/5 and 9/10 mastery haha :D skill isnt so broken now but some new rogues might not catch on if they are just relying on your post.

Regards,
Spirez

Att
04-10-2016, 12:27 PM
For newbies

Normally Nox Bolt does X damage + (2.4x X Damage over 6 seconds or 6 ticks of poison). Each poison tick is roughly 0.4x of the initial damage. Mastery adds seconds and % damage on poison.

1 point - 0 extra ticks, +1% dmg
2 point - 0 extra ticks, +2% dmg
3 point - 1 extra ticks, +3% dmg
4 point - 1 extra ticks, +4% dmg
5 point - 1 extra ticks, +5% dmg
6 point - 2 extra ticks, +6% dmg
7 point - 2 extra ticks, +7% dmg
8 point - 3 extra ticks, +8% dmg
9 point - 3 extra ticks, +9% dmg
10 point - 3 extra ticks, +10% dmg

Intous
04-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Why hasn't this thread became sticky.
I mean this is the most useful thread on this section.

Zeus
04-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Updated SSS description. Do viewers of this thread feel that it is necessary to go into depth and discuss the individual rogue masteries?

Love this guide and new build looks good, might i suggest changing the description of Storm Shadow Shot as you currently have it listed as the most useless skill in the rogues arsenal yet you have now spec'd 5/5 and 9/10 mastery haha :D skill isnt so broken now but some new rogues might not catch on if they are just relying on your post.

Regards,
Spirez

Took care of it, thanks! Nice catch.

zerofort
04-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Hey zues ik it's alot to ask but could you pls try out the different mastery and update your post with them included aswell as sss please and thank you

zerofort
04-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Opps didn't check I just switched from sp to sss in pve cuz I was told it was really good what do you think is better sss or sp in pve btw no mastery for ether of them

Zeus
04-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Opps didn't check I just switched from sp to sss in pve cuz I was told it was really good what do you think is better sss or sp in pve btw no mastery for ether of them

You need both in PvE. And the masteries I stated are the best to use in PvE :)

Ilowe
04-11-2016, 11:08 PM
So we're not using "Razor Shield" now? I find it useful in PvE but I guess I'm gonna follow Master Zeus :D :D

Zeus
04-11-2016, 11:18 PM
So we're not using "Razor Shield" now? I find it useful in PvE but I guess I'm gonna follow Master Zeus :D :D

Razor has its uses in certain maps. I just respec it in when I truly need it.

notfaded1
04-14-2016, 09:20 AM

Good stuff Parth... I'd like to hear your feelings now with L56 cap and PvE.

Ertenyblade
04-16-2016, 05:53 AM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:

• Noxious Bolt:

• Razor Shield:

• Medic Packs

• Shadow Storm Shot
Since the recent auto target fix and mastery, this skill is quite useful. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. However, damage is dispersed as an AOE and can hit 11+ targets with the SSS mastery maxed. It has the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

• Traps

• Shadow Veil

• Shadow Piercer

Weapon Preference:

PvP:

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running. This is the one that I use:

PvE Build:

5/5 Aimed Shot
5/5 Noxious Bolt
5/5 Shadow Storm Shot
10/10 Nox Mastery
9/10 SSS Mastery

Enjoy!

Can u give me Pve build for lv 46 bruh? thx :)

Zeus
04-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Can u give me Pve build for lv 46 bruh? thx :)

Use what you want for that. Sorry!

Good stuff Parth... I'd like to hear your feelings now with L56 cap and PvE.

L56 is nice with the masteries in place, it calls for variation of builds. The PvE maps for the elite content are well designed too. However, there's nothing of value to farm for them which makes me question running them in the first place. So, I hope that developers can reward those areas with rare, sustainable, and useful loot. After all, players want to run these maps but not at a loss of gold!

Grauwald
06-10-2016, 03:50 PM
thanks thats help me very much

Cheabaves
06-11-2016, 07:06 AM
How to make a pure PvE skill for lv 56 rogue?plz reply

By-ste
06-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Zeus can you tell me What pvp build you use for Lvl 56

e5c4p3artist
06-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Zeus, for SSS you wrote: ...damage is dispersed as an AOE and can hit 11+ targets with the SSS mastery maxed.

I don't have any points in SSS mastery and the description only says it increases the AOE range by 0.25. Does it really increase the number of targets as well?

Sandeeep
06-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Zeus, for SSS you wrote: ...damage is dispersed as an AOE and can hit 11+ targets with the SSS mastery maxed.

I don't have any points in SSS mastery and the description only says it increases the AOE range by 0.25. Does it really increase the number of targets as well?

the first mastery point increases are
second mastery point increase enemys

here use this
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304518-Skill-Masteries-Progression-per-Level&

sillybanana
07-05-2016, 07:03 PM
i thought this was very helpful. i copied your exact build for pve and was happy :)

SnarkyJoey
07-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time in creating this useful guide but I wish that you also gave a recommendation for armor and helm. :)

Wazakesy
07-18-2016, 03:17 AM
Rename thread to 'Rogue's R.I.Ps and bricks' :p

Sandeeep
07-18-2016, 03:29 AM
Hello all,

Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:

• Noxious Bolt:

• Razor Shield:

• Medic Packs

• Shadow Storm Shot

• Traps

• Shadow Veil

• Shadow Piercer

Weapon Preference:

PvP:

PvE Build:

5/5 Aimed Shot
5/5 Noxious Bolt
5/5 Shadow Storm Shot
10/10 Nox Mastery
9/10 SSS Mastery

Enjoy!

for pve elite
tindirin-underhul

what skills do u use
currently i choose aimed (5) nox (5) razor (5) pierce (4) and use sss (5) for weaker maps
nox mastery (10) and nth else
i wanna ask y u say sss is powerful with 10mastery in it, because is doesnt hit much and i assume isnt helpful in pve elite due to large dmg, wouldnt nox charged upgrade be more helpful? cause of poison, not to mention u usually dont find 11mobs in elite, usually 3-6enemies

i hear razor isnt helpful although i find it proc arc dragon blades more (not sure if it does though) more tick=faster proc?

lastly i wanna ask what passives u reccomend, we all know str int and dex
what which are the others? and y u choose em? and how they help us. having 500%bonus dmg.

hopes for ur reply as soon as possible

Nobear
08-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Sandeeep, he answered most of your questions in the exact post you quoted >.>

I've got a question that hasn't been answered yet here. How do the level 46 weapons mentioned (Glint Bow and Dragon blades) compare to the 56 Arcanes? My rogue is currently level 51 and I mostly copied your build, although currently the even SSS mastery points provide the dual benefits so I have 10/10 in that. Kicking butt with a cheap Glint bow just 400k, but I'm looking ahead to what I'll want to save up for as far as current best weapons for elites.

Also, would your build change if you are using daggers or not? Or do you run with the same build and just switch weapons (daggers for mob packs, bow for boss I assume)? Thing is, I like the Glint bow's bombs for mobs too, not just bosses. But would I do significantly more DPS on mobs switching to daggers?

Thank you.

Azerothraven
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Thank you for this guide I learnt a lot and gonna try using ur build

Zeus
08-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Sandeeep, he answered most of your questions in the exact post you quoted >.>

I've got a question that hasn't been answered yet here. How do the level 46 weapons mentioned (Glint Bow and Dragon blades) compare to the 56 Arcanes? My rogue is currently level 51 and I mostly copied your build, although currently the even SSS mastery points provide the dual benefits so I have 10/10 in that. Kicking butt with a cheap Glint bow just 400k, but I'm looking ahead to what I'll want to save up for as far as current best weapons for elites.

Also, would your build change if you are using daggers or not? Or do you run with the same build and just switch weapons (daggers for mob packs, bow for boss I assume)? Thing is, I like the Glint bow's bombs for mobs too, not just bosses. But would I do significantly more DPS on mobs switching to daggers?

Thank you.

I believe I answered this in another thread, correct?

Nobear
08-13-2016, 08:00 PM
Yes you did. I guess there are just a few of reasons why I'm still loving Glint Bow, and not feeling like switching to daggers.

1) I like bows better in general because of their range and auto-targetting.

2) I really like the Glint Bow, and using it with your build yields both very high single target and AoE ranged potential. At least it seems like high DPS to me.

3) I'm not seeing how close-ranged combat, even with a stunning proc, would increase my survivability, without also taking Razor Shield or something. Staying at range, I don't feel overly squishy. Maybe with certain mob packs I can see close-ranged stunning being more survivable, especially against mobs with long-range abilities. But then with bosses, who are immune to stun, I feel like I'd rather stay away from their deadliest moves and be able to avoid red zones without sacrificing DPS, no? The only exceptions I can think of are Hugal, or bosses with lots of stunnable adds but who aren't that deadly close-up.

4) I'm just not seeing how the build you originally posted would synergize as well with daggers. You invest into making charged Nox and charged SSS abilities that spread damage between the greatest possible number of targets. I like how that works with a bow. My typical rotation when there are lots of mobs is charged Nox, charged SSS, charged Nox, regular Aimed, and spam autoattacks inbetween. You were suggesting to spend more time autoattacking and not charge skills if I get Dragon blades. But then your original build would have lots of wasted points, especially in maximizing charged Nox, no?

Wouldn't it maybe be better, if I tried out Dragon blades, to replace SSS with either Razor Shield, traps, or Shadow Veil? I'd think uncharged Aimed and Nox would still be good especially for maximizing single-target DPS though...

In any case, if I haven't thanked you yet for your original post, I want to say how much I learned and enjoy your build with the Glint Bow for now, so thank you.

Zeus
08-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes you did. I guess there are just a few of reasons why I'm still loving Glint Bow, and not feeling like switching to daggers.

1) I like bows better in general because of their range and auto-targetting.

2) I really like the Glint Bow, and using it with your build yields both very high single target and AoE ranged potential. At least it seems like high DPS to me.

3) I'm not seeing how close-ranged combat, even with a stunning proc, would increase my survivability, without also taking Razor Shield or something. Staying at range, I don't feel overly squishy. Maybe with certain mob packs I can see close-ranged stunning being more survivable, especially against mobs with long-range abilities. But then with bosses, who are immune to stun, I feel like I'd rather stay away from their deadliest moves and be able to avoid red zones without sacrificing DPS, no? The only exceptions I can think of are Hugal, or bosses with lots of stunnable adds but who aren't that deadly close-up.

4) I'm just not seeing how the build you originally posted would synergize as well with daggers. You invest into making charged Nox and charged SSS abilities that spread damage between the greatest possible number of targets. I like how that works with a bow. My typical rotation when there are lots of mobs is charged Nox, charged SSS, charged Nox, regular Aimed, and spam autoattacks inbetween. You were suggesting to spend more time autoattacking and not charge skills if I get Dragon blades. But then your original build would have lots of wasted points, especially in maximizing charged Nox, no?

Wouldn't it maybe be better, if I tried out Dragon blades, to replace SSS with either Razor Shield, traps, or Shadow Veil? I'd think uncharged Aimed and Nox would still be good especially for maximizing single-target DPS though...

In any case, if I haven't thanked you yet for your original post, I want to say how much I learned and enjoy your build with the Glint Bow for now, so thank you.

Sorry, should have clarified. You use razor with daggers, and it makes up for it because razor helps proc the dragonbite daggers.

However, as long as you're enjoying your current build then there's no reason to change it! Perhaps, there's something you found useful that I did not. :D

Nobear
08-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Well, it is actually your build, so I'm guessing you found it useful at one point lol. As of 04/10/2016 apparently.

There is one minor tweak I made, which is 10/10 instead of 9/10 in SSS mastery, and I took a point out of the Crit passive to get that. Maybe masteries were changed and maybe the odd numbers used to give you the dual benefits, but currently it's the even numbers that increase both range and max targets.

I have been using it with the cheapest Glint Bow I could find in auction, because it's what I could afford, and because I wasn't sure if/when I was going to upgrade to a different weapon altogether. I have mostly been leveling slowly while farming km3, and I can say that build is definitely OP for km3 haha, of course most builds probably are OP for km3 :P.

It had been a while since I'd gone into any maps where I could actually die without trying to, but recently I did the Glintstone maps and Underhul again. Especially in Underhul, I did feel some definite room for improvement, in both damage and survivability. I think there are more/deadlier ranged mobs than there were in previous expansions, and more that have unique effects like that hp/mana drain curse. I've been buying stuff for my warrior and sorc recently, but I can see myself saving up for Dragon blades now and changing my build...

Which leads me to ask, do you plan to update your original post, or maybe keep that build as a good leveling/farming build best used with Glint Bow, but make another build more focused on daggers, with Razor Shield instead of SSS for instance? If not, could you just briefly say which skills you would use with Dragon blades?

I am thinking Shadow Piercer with health restore and rising death upgrades, Razor Shield, either Aimed or Nox, and either traps or Shadow Veil. I've tried daggers using 3 damage skills in rotation (Aimed, Nox, Shadow Piercer), and even with uncharged skills this only left me with at most one autoattack per rotation. Between Aimed and Nox, which would you take and which would you leave? And then would you take traps or Shadow Veil as your fourth skill?

Thank you!

Zeus
08-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Well, it is actually your build, so I'm guessing you found it useful at one point lol. As of 04/10/2016 apparently.

There is one minor tweak I made, which is 10/10 instead of 9/10 in SSS mastery, and I took a point out of the Crit passive to get that. Maybe masteries were changed and maybe the odd numbers used to give you the dual benefits, but currently it's the even numbers that increase both range and max targets.

I have been using it with the cheapest Glint Bow I could find in auction, because it's what I could afford, and because I wasn't sure if/when I was going to upgrade to a different weapon altogether. I have mostly been leveling slowly while farming km3, and I can say that build is definitely OP for km3 haha, of course most builds probably are OP for km3 :P.

It had been a while since I'd gone into any maps where I could actually die without trying to, but recently I did the Glintstone maps and Underhul again. Especially in Underhul, I did feel some definite room for improvement, in both damage and survivability. I think there are more/deadlier ranged mobs than there were in previous expansions, and more that have unique effects like that hp/mana drain curse. I've been buying stuff for my warrior and sorc recently, but I can see myself saving up for Dragon blades now and changing my build...

Which leads me to ask, do you plan to update your original post, or maybe keep that build as a good leveling/farming build best used with Glint Bow, but make another build more focused on daggers, with Razor Shield instead of SSS for instance? If not, could you just briefly say which skills you would use with Dragon blades?

I am thinking Shadow Piercer with health restore and rising death upgrades, Razor Shield, either Aimed or Nox, and either traps or Shadow Veil. I've tried daggers using 3 damage skills in rotation (Aimed, Nox, Shadow Piercer), and even with uncharged skills this only left me with at most one autoattack per rotation. Between Aimed and Nox, which would you take and which would you leave? And then would you take traps or Shadow Veil as your fourth skill?

Thank you!

Use razor with daggers, auto between aim and Nox and after SP.

Yes, I plan on updating the guide later. It's more of a guide for skills though rather than a guide for farming. I may just remove that section all together.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 04:37 AM
Thank You !! Helped me a lot ...clearing now only for masteries whats usefull nox bolt full or? If u can help a bit on that one have 10 skill points free :(

salsariia
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Zeus, can u post build for pvp rogue lv61 build?

Tuffcheez
12-15-2016, 06:00 AM
Useful advice thanks! I'm trying the build for pve and experimenting by replacing nox with traps, sound crazy but I'm liking it!