PDA

View Full Version : Why gems price is different?

Amadorbibidor
08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Hey there!

I'm sorry for the Type of question but I don't understand why always glacial gems are cheaper than fire and blood ones. Every gem is designed for a class and so there aren't "better" gems than glacials for mages. There aren't "better" gems than blood for warriors and there aren't "better" gems than fire ones for rogues ( excepting tarloks and elons). If so then all gems should have the same price.
Only reason I found is that glacial essences drop more than others... but this doesn't looks a good reason for a difference of 3000 gold between prices. I think the drop rate should make glacials 500g cheaper but not 3000.... Hit me if I am wrong or reply if you know the reason because my intellect is not enough to find it alone (lol) o.O

Sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

Zeus
08-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Supply and demand of classes. As you can see, rogues and warriors are far more popular than sorcerers. Heck, even sorcerers use blood gems become int gems are not that useful to extend shield duration.

Jurmans
08-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Supply and demand of classes. As you can see, rogues and warriors are far more popular than sorcerers. Heck, even sorcerers use blood gems become int gems are not that useful to extend shield duration.

What he said:p.

Idly
08-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Warrior is most popular class, rogue is most powerfull killer for pvp so i think they more desirable items.

Amadorbibidor
08-26-2014, 01:56 PM

Gotcha Einstein thx now I got it. This is filled with warriors and not with mages. xD

Zylx
08-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Gems, mythic gear, arcane gear; everything is cheaper for sorcerers.

Kakashis
08-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah sorc gear is always the cheapest. And also blood gems on sorc extend duration of shield. Heck even rogues are using some blooded up items for extra hp in some situations!

Kakashis
08-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Oops double posted! Another point is that tarlok gems are way put of wack in pricing. Wish we could have more gem recipes! Farming these things is a real chore though.

Energizeric
08-26-2014, 09:45 PM
I don't know the exact number, but just walk into town and look around and you will see there are far more warriors than any other class, then rogues, and there are the fewest sorcerers.

However, glacial, fire and blood essences drop at equal rates. I'm sure most players do as I do, which is you use the gems you find useful and sell the ones you don't need. So we end up with more glacial gems for sale than the other types, and therefore that drives down the prices.

You will find the same with gear for different classes. Sorcerer gear is usually the cheapest, followed by rogue gear, and warrior gear is the most expensive usually. There are exceptions to this, for example most warriors do not seem the like the Bulwark so its price is low.

The big exception to this rule is vanities and plat chest items. These items match the class that purchases them, so therefore there is not an equal supply of these items for each class, and instead the supply more matches the player base, so you will find these items tend to cost the same regardless of class.

Haligali
08-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Lol@blood gems in mage/rogue gear, get some str with respec instead.

Wutzgood
08-27-2014, 02:30 AM
Lol@blood gems in mage/rogue gear, get some str with respec instead.

Have to disagree with you about mages. Its best to just run a full int build and have different armor sets with str/elon/glac gems. It gives you a much greater range of stats. My health can go from 3500-4900 just by changing sets. Plus you never have to respec to change it.

Haligali
08-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Have to disagree with you about mages. Its best to just run a full int build and have different armor sets with str/elon/glac gems. It gives you a much greater range of stats. My health can go from 3500-4900 just by changing sets. Plus you never have to respec to change it.

Thats what mage gears with str main stat for, still dont understand why you need blood gems in it.

Xeusx
08-27-2014, 03:21 AM
It seems blood gems is a blood for all sorcerers, rogues, and warriors.

SacredKnight
08-27-2014, 03:29 AM
I mainly use the warrior and in fact it/he is my "go to" character. However personally I find that mages are the coolest character one can play with!

Amadorbibidor
08-27-2014, 04:32 AM
I don't know the exact number, but just walk into town and look around and you will see there are far more warriors than any other class, then rogues, and there are the fewest sorcerers.

However, glacial, fire and blood essences drop at equal rates. I'm sure most players do as I do, which is you use the gems you find useful and sell the ones you don't need. So we end up with more glacial gems for sale than the other types, and therefore that drives down the prices.

You will find the same with gear for different classes. Sorcerer gear is usually the cheapest, followed by rogue gear, and warrior gear is the most expensive usually. There are exceptions to this, for example most warriors do not seem the like the Bulwark so its price is low.

The big exception to this rule is vanities and plat chest items. These items match the class that purchases them, so therefore there is not an equal supply of these items for each class, and instead the supply more matches the player base, so you will find these items tend to cost the same regardless of class.

Lol i love bulwark but not money to buy it xD. Anyway people don't like it because they try to be rogues with a warrior having dmg. Bulwark is best weapon for warrior.

Wutzgood
08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Thats what mage gears with str main stat for, still dont understand why you need blood gems in it.

Yeah those gear with str as it's main stat get even better with elondrian gems. I use to use blood gems before they came out to get maximum health tho. Personally if I'm making a health set I'm gonna go all in for health. I have other sets with glacial gems for when I need more damage.

Right now I switch between mythic/glac, Druid of will/elon, dragon scale of fatality/elon depending if I need health, armor or damage. It just seems to work much better for me than having str in my respec. Plus I dont use shield so sometimes losing damage for health/armor is necessary.

FluffNStuff
08-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Oops double posted! Another point is that tarlok gems are way put of wack in pricing. Wish we could have more gem recipes! Farming these things is a real chore though.

Standard Gems are the same at 41 as they were at 36 but Tarlok gems are higher which makes them more powerful.

obee
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Blood gems for Mage is a bad idea lol. Stick with elond gems

ClumsyCactus
08-27-2014, 04:36 PM

SO SOON 20K POSTS *O* make a contest as 20k post, and give away a free deary to me ^^

Amadorbibidor
08-27-2014, 04:54 PM
SO SOON 20K POSTS *O* make a contest as 20k post, and give away a free deary to me ^^

Lol? XD

Wutzgood
08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Blood gems for Mage is a bad idea lol. Stick with elond gems

Yeah they sure are. I used blood ones tho before they came out. Now I have enough elon gems stocked for the next 3 expansions of health sets for my Mage. My main health set gained almost 300 health by switching blood gems for elondrian ones. For those that don't have any or can't afford them I'd still reccomend blood gems for a defense set.