PDA

View Full Version : An Answer to a common question...

Fractite
08-27-2014, 10:09 AM
I get asked a lot: "How did you manage to get Swift set when it costs 3m?" and I'd always answer it, but I get asked it so much that I might as well put the answer in the forums....

So basically, in most MMORPG games where you can buy items from places such as the Consignment Store, when an item is first released, it usually costs a LOT of money and this is for 2 reasons:
1. People think it's cool because it's new.
2. Not many people have it... since it's new.

I tend to get asked also if people can buy the set that I have and I answer "Wait for a while" and they say "Why?"

Like most MMORPG games like Pocket Legends, over time, the price of items will start to decrease for one of two reasons:
1. It sucks.
2. There are more of them being dropped.
In the case of number 2, obviously people do a lot of farming, so more of the expensive items are being dropped and since they want to get the items sold quickly, they sell it for a slightly cheaper price. This keeps happening until it becomes cheap enough that lots of people can afford it.

So for everyone asking if they can buy my swift set or whatever, please, just wait. Because eventually, it'll be cheap enough for you to buy.

synfullmagic_23110
08-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Just like raging gear
Sold helm for 800k now like 200k xD

programmed
08-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Just like raging gear
Sold helm for 800k now like 200k xD

Did same with humania. First day of humania got a staff and sold 1m now its like 20k.

Sheugokin
08-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Not everyone is as smart as you because you just..... TOO PRO

ign Boss
08-27-2014, 12:53 PM
I get asked a lot: "How did you manage to get Swift set when it costs 3m?" and I'd always answer it, but I get asked it so much that I might as well put the answer in the forums....

So basically, in most MMORPG games where you can buy items from places such as the Consignment Store, when an item is first released, it usually costs a LOT of money and this is for 2 reasons:
1. People think it's cool because it's new.
2. Not many people have it... since it's new.

I tend to get asked also if people can buy the set that I have and I answer "Wait for a while" and they say "Why?"

Like most MMORPG games like Pocket Legends, over time, the price of items will start to decrease for one of two reasons:
1. It sucks.
2. There are more of them being dropped.
In the case of number 2, obviously people do a lot of farming, so more of the expensive items are being dropped and since they want to get the items sold quickly, they sell it for a slightly cheaper price. This keeps happening until it becomes cheap enough that lots of people can afford it.

So for everyone asking if they can buy my swift set or whatever, please, just wait. Because eventually, it'll be cheap enough for you to buy.

I don't get it. Why is it hard to get a swift set. Also, more sets don't drop over time, it's the accumulated amount of every set that has dropped over time that makes the price drop.

ign Allhail

BroadCastle
08-27-2014, 01:27 PM

God heavens! I stil cant believe it! How, how can you manage to get SWIFT SET? C'mon, it costs 3M doesn't it?

Pardon me, but how many questions do you get daily? Or per hour? Per minute? I don't think many forumers would appreciate such a post, you just wrote down some obvious things trying to sound like polymath. I'm sorry if there was some deep wisdom in it which I missed in my foolishness.

bearuang
08-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Okay maybe for some old crazy rich ppl this post sounds lame, but for new players..

Hook
08-28-2014, 12:06 AM
God heavens! I stil cant believe it! How, how can you manage to get SWIFT SET? C'mon, it costs 3M doesn't it?

Pardon me, but how many questions do you get daily? Or per hour? Per minute? I don't think many forumers would appreciate such a post, you just wrote down some obvious things trying to sound like polymath. I'm sorry if there was some deep wisdom in it which I missed in my foolishness.

Holy Cows of the heavens! Teach me how to have a HUGE EGO PLEASE.

This is what's wrong with MMORPGs nowadays. Most become virtual millionaires & instantly think they are better than anyone else.

Anyway,
I'm sure new players will appreciate this information. Good post. :)

sonoobish
08-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Derp, what's a swift set?

Armourslash
08-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Derp, what's a swift set?

Lol, its the l75 crafted dexterity set from blacksmoke mountain.

ign Boss
08-28-2014, 02:21 AM

This is what's wrong with MMORPGs nowadays. Most become virtual millionaires & instantly think they are better than anyone else.

Anyway,

But some information is inaccurate and it never even said exactly how he got the swift set, lol.

ign Allhail

BroadCastle
08-28-2014, 03:46 AM

Anyway,

I'm sorry that I offended you with my expressive post. Prhaps you'r right and I'm really just huge bastratd with overgrown ego. Sometimes I retrospectively regret of some posts I have made but somehow not in this case. I feel that much more ego was behind the original post, which (to me) sounds like "Look, I have a Swift set - don't be sad, later as it goes cheap, you would be probabaly able to get it too".

I really can't find any reasonable information in it. Neither for old players, nor for new ones. --New items are expensive (I have them), later over time they go cheaper...(You have them)-- Don't tell me! Not to mention that it's not true in many cases. Swift set is right the unfortunate example - it's year old and it's price has already pretty much stabilized.

Maybe I shouldn't have been that sarcastic in my reply. Maybe I could just leave without commenting. Well, I didn't and I can't disprove that it was because of my ego.

for the lulz
08-28-2014, 08:35 AM
i have about 100k gold atm and im not able to merch up to a swift set :/ cus the profits i get are so small , and then finding sellers is another thing . But yea i need a swift set to get from 76 to 77

Armourslash
08-28-2014, 09:21 AM
I just farm anywhere I can get decent expensive drops, I ditched slayer because all I get mostly is boulders and bush branches although they're supposed to be rare :(.