PDA

View Full Version : Level cap for XP

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Powerleveling is a problem, so I think that if you put a cap in place that you need to be a certain distance away from the highest player in the party in order to get XP, you would eliminate that issue.

Royce
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
That wouldn't work really. What about unhosted instances like the hidden passages? If a high level joins all of a sudden no one gets XP? That doesn't seem right to me.

Echelong
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
You really must have had bad teams. Bad players will always be bad doesn't matter if they powered leveled or not. I have had bad days with pugs that us why I don't do them on VL or shadow caves anymore. Either I stick with known good players and their powered leveled alts and leave the others for other types of run. I know a lot of people that have powered level characters and I would have them any day instead of a regular leveled character that will always be a bad player.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:09 PM
That wouldn't work really. What about unhosted instances like the hidden passages? If a high level joins all of a sudden no one gets XP? That doesn't seem right to me.

Put it on the group to kick the high level. I know that there are drops in the swamp that are valuable, but 50s can do that on their own, why would they want more people in the party to take their drop? Or, have caps on newly started games where you can't enter if you above or below a certain level.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
You really must have had bad teams. Bad players will always be bad doesn't matter if they powered leveled or not. I have had bad days with pugs that us why I don't do them on VL or shadow caves anymore. Either I stick with known good players and their powered leveled alts and leave the others for other types of run. I know a lot of people that have powered level characters and I would have them any day instead of a regular leveled character that will always be a bad player.

It's just as of late that there have been some real dummies. I get there will always be good and bad players, but powerleveling creates more of an issue than good for the game as a whole. Like I've said in the other thread, just because you leveled a bear to 50 doesn't mean you're ready to be a mage.

Echelong
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Dude for real you have it all mixed up. Sure some idiots who want to be powered level because they can't get to 50 on their own but there are others that are just tired of leveling alts and just want to focus on end game content. You will just have to figure it out yourself. When you see a bad player ruining your run just ask them if he was powered leveled and make a poll for yourself. Then post the results. Saying that the powered leveled people don't know how to play the game is just like saying men can't dance or any stereotype you find.

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
It's just as of late that there have been some real dummies. I get there will always be good and bad players, but powerleveling creates more of an issue than good for the game as a whole. Like I've said in the other thread, just because you leveled a bear to 50 doesn't mean you're ready to be a mage.

Hahah, Your experience in the game caused you to blame people who want to lvl up fast. This wouldnt work the game is based on team gameplays as you can see when the joining and hosting game system and Shemron thats what I told him but he wouldnt listen cause his furious off idiots running around victory lap go find some friends "add them" and run Vl with them to avoid noobs simple.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't care if someone is sick of leveling, thats the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Hahah, Your experience in the game caused you to blame people who want to lvl up fast. This wouldnt work the game is based on team gameplays as you can see when the joining and hosting game system and Shemron thats what I told him but he wouldnt listen cause his furious off idiots running around victory lap go find some friends "add them" and run Vl with them to avoid noobs simple.

You really have no clue about me. You can have team gameplay while having a level cap in place. You just have to have teams with your own level, and not mooch off high level friends.

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't care if someone is sick of leveling, thats the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

If you dont like it then dont play..! like you said

THE END.

Echelong
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM

This is your first MMO right? Anyways its not worth my time I do hope you get a really good player and then realize he was one of the powered leveled people by Reported. Good luck in your life.

peace I'm out

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I just find that I'm the bad guy when you are just as adamant about it being allowed as I am for finding a way to get rid of it...

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
This is your first MMO right? Anyways its not worth my time I do hope you get a really good player and then realize he was one of the powered leveled people by Reported. Good luck in your life.

peace I'm out

Not at all, but that has nothing to do with this.

I hope I get a good player too, benefits me.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Why are you so for having powerleveling? It doesn't help you guys, you're already 50s. What would you miss out on should it be done away with?

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Get off forums no one likes you, you complain cause you have a "bad" gaming experience but for us ask anyone they have fun

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Get off forums no one likes you, you complain cause you have a "bad" gaming experience but for us ask anyone they have fun

What would you miss out on if it was taken away? Seeing you're a 50, you wouldn't miss out on XP. You've made it clear that your list is loaded with lvl 50 friends, so your ability to find parties isn't affected....what would you miss out on?

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
What would you miss out on if it was taken away? Seeing you're a 50, you wouldn't miss out on XP. You've made it clear that your list is loaded with lvl 50 friends, so your ability to find parties isn't affected....what would you miss out on?

I didnt say my list was loaded with 50`s? I dont add random people you know..want a screenie of my friends list..your just a waste of time stop hating on the people and just play the game if yuo dont like it you can solo

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
I didnt say my list was loaded with 50`s? I dont add random people you know..want a screenie of my friends list..your just a waste of time stop hating on the people and just play the game if yuo dont like it you can solo

I'm sure you can find people to party with, but still, what do you miss out on without powerleveling?

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm sure you can find people to party with, but still, what do you miss out on without powerleveling?

I dont miss out on anything cause one of my goals is to reach 100k+ PvE kills. If I get bored I PvP I have other chars to do this on

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
So, then why are you so against getting rid of it and making people earn their way through the game?

Reported
01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I am not against it. I didnt say anything like that I said it wouldnt work cause the developers said THIS IS A TEAM GAME...THATS WHAT DUNGEONS ARE FOR AND SEARCH PARTY YOUR STUPID AND A WASTE OF TIME.

CYA.

BeefyMeat
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
You obviously are against it because you're trying to shoot down a suggestion on how to get rid of it, or at least how to curb it some. You have not giving a single reason other than this being a "team game" why it couldn't work...yet I gave an complete valid example on how to work it. Don't reward people for playing outside their levels. You can only hit level 13 18 20whatever in certain dungeons, so why can't you make so you can't gain XP with someone too high in the party?

you're trying to make it seem like it's impossible to find a party in this game at every single level, yet as I sign on at this very moment there are 2054 people and 723 games going on.

FFXI is a team game, yet, you can't party with a level 75 if you're level 1 and make any XP worth a damn. So why is it impossible in a much simpler setting such as PL?

Rikilamaru
01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
i support a lvl cap. ive played almost every mmo from lineage,matrix,eve,starwars,WoW,Finalfantasy,and couple of free/indepent mmo. and the all have lvl caps/anti powerlevel its.it more annoying than hell to a high level noob who doesnt know crap.there just to lazy to play/injoyed the story/quest. And all your doing reported is being a flamer/troll who yet to answer a few questions. i support a lvl cap for exp and dungeans.

Fyrce
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
LOL.

I still do PUGs. Most of the time I meet new people and they're fun. Once in awhile, it's amazingly painful, hilariously funny, and an epic fail. And why does it seem like in most groups there's at least one clueless one? Comic relief is important, right? :)

BeefyMeat
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I am not against it. I didnt say anything like that I said it wouldnt work cause the developers said THIS IS A TEAM GAME...THATS WHAT DUNGEONS ARE FOR AND SEARCH PARTY YOUR STUPID AND A WASTE OF TIME.

CYA.

Hey, happen to see what got added by the Devs in 1.7...controllable level restrictions. Good enough!!!

Duke
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey, happen to see what got added by the Devs in 1.7...controllable level restrictions. Good enough!!!

Only partial. It allows a game creator to set the minimum level to join equal to the official minimum level for the campaign (e.g., level 45 for AO3). It does not work in reverse -- for the recent holiday campaign, it would have been nice to be able to limit party ranges in the factory on both high and low ends, but especially high, to restrict mob level and item drops.