PDA

View Full Version : Computer pro.

ign Boss
08-31-2014, 06:23 PM
I've built this computer and I'm going to buy it today.
Any suggestions before I buy it?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k46YRB

*updated*
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9WysVn

ign Allhail

synfullmagic_23110
08-31-2014, 06:32 PM

Armourslash
09-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Install a decent OS.

ign Boss
09-01-2014, 02:54 AM
Install a decent OS.

I did. Windows visa

ign Allhail

yasshh
09-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Looks cool but how about investing a few more for a portable Alienware ? Better configuration ,SLI enabled, sexy design and portable.

Laar
09-01-2014, 06:42 AM
I love Alienware.

Armourslash
09-01-2014, 07:48 AM
I love Alienware.
Bes gaming pc.

Cavoc
09-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Alienwares suck. I work at a computer store, and I couldn't tell you how many alienwares we have dropped off and deserted.
This pc is good. A bit over priced, but really nice. When it comes to a desktop, you can modify the internals much easier than an Alienware laptop.

yasshh
09-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Alienwares suck. I work at a computer store, and I couldn't tell you how many alienwares we have dropped off and deserted.
This pc is good. A bit over priced, but really nice. When it comes to a desktop, you can modify the internals much easier than an Alienware laptop.

Why? ��

ign Boss
09-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Looks cool but how about investing a few more for a portable Alienware ? Better configuration ,SLI enabled, sexy design and portable.

I love Alienware.

Bes gaming pc.

Why? ��

I already have the "portable" alienware x51 with an upgraded video card and it sucks [emoji90]. This configuration will be 5 times faster.

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I did. Windows visa

ign Allhail

You're trolling, right?

Itoopeo
09-02-2014, 10:07 AM
ew alienware is ugly asf

Just walk to shop and buy a great home pc for about 600€ it will be able to run almost any good game with highest graphics 60fps
And for gaming pc... best screen is 27"

For case almost anything works fine. But neon led fans look soo ugly :cower:

ign Boss
09-02-2014, 04:58 PM
ew alienware is ugly asf

Just walk to shop and buy a great home pc for about 600€ it will be able to run almost any good game with highest graphics 60fps

Here I got a new one
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9WysVn

ign Allhail

PL•ayer
09-02-2014, 07:28 PM
No clue what any of this means except the almost $43k o.o

Zeus
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
He's definitely just building dream PCs instead of buying one thus making this a useless thread & troll.

AppleNoob
09-02-2014, 09:06 PM
He's definitely just building dream PCs instead of buying one thus making this a useless thread & troll.

Alienwares rule!

Roberto077
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
ew alienware is ugly asf

My HP Dv6 Pavilion can run Skyrim on high graphics at 60 fps. Radeon op (Nvidia is still better)

Xxnavysealxx
09-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Lmao nerd fest all up in here

ign Boss
09-02-2014, 10:31 PM

No, the first one I actually bought, the second one is not useless, but for fun.

ign Allhail

Itoopeo
09-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Nvidia is slightly better than raedon but theres one thing what makes raedon much better. Tjink if there are two graphics cards with exact same perfomance from geforce and amd. geforce costs 500€ and raedon costs about 250-300€ in that case.
Same with amd processors. Processor is not even needed for gaming pc. My friend has very expensive graphics card that runs everything like 250fps and his processor is old core i3 with 1.6ghz dual core. Only load times are longer

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Nvidia is slightly better than raedon but theres one thing what makes raedon much better. Tjink if there are two graphics cards with exact same perfomance from geforce and amd. geforce costs 500€ and raedon costs about 250-300€ in that case.
Same with amd processors. Processor is not even needed for gaming pc. My friend has very expensive graphics card that runs everything like 250fps and his processor is old core i3 with 1.6ghz dual core. Only load times are longer

Is this about my build?

ign Allhail

Itoopeo
09-03-2014, 02:33 AM
Is this about my build?

ign Allhail

No your build really sucks

Zeus
09-03-2014, 12:47 PM
No, the first one I actually bought, the second one is not useless, but for fun.

ign Allhail

Screenshot of System Info with date and time stamp or GG.

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 01:05 PM
No your build really sucks

Lol.

ign Allhail

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/b32c62f3991a3c4a8a0a8ba23fa01e07.jpg

ign Allhail

Itoopeo
09-03-2014, 02:10 PM

ign Allhail

Whaaaat? No egg points??? what is this?

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Whaaaat? No egg points??? what is this?

Idk what that is

ign Allhail

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 04:12 PM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/cc9be6600171b0daf2cf257d1084f91e.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/e4e10717c04d62ca51a5586411482e25.jpg

Zeus, pls

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-03-2014, 08:25 PM

ign Allhail

A lot different than what you ordered on website. GG!

It looks like you're just performing an upgrade on an existing desktop.

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
A lot different than what you ordered on website. GG!

It looks like you're just performing an upgrade on an existing desktop.

Lol that's 1/4 purchases I don't know why it is so hard for you to accept that I'm building this computer

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Lol that's 1/4 purchases I don't know why it is so hard for you to accept that I'm building this computer

ign Allhail

It looks like an upgrade considering the fact you did not even buy a CPU or GPU. Anyways, if you're thinking it's jealousy or something, that's not it. I have a rig as well with a i7-4770k, 32 gigs of RAM, 1000 gb SSD and 2TB HD, Nvidia GPU...etc. So, it's really not that.

I'm just wondering why what you're saying doesn't match up with what you're buying. It's like your asking for advice on something that you are not even building which is a waste of everybody's time. Furthermore, you're saying that you're putting Windows Vista on it which almost everyone knows is junk.

So, from what you're saying - it sounds like an upgrade. That's cool, but just call it an upgrade so that if you do mess something up, we can give advice that is actually beneficial to you.

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
It looks like an upgrade considering the fact you did not even buy a CPU or GPU. Anyways, if you're thinking it's jealousy or something, that's not it. I have a rig as well with a i7-4770k, 32 gigs of RAM, 1000 gb SSD and 2TB HD, Nvidia GPU...etc. So, it's really not that.

I'm just wondering why what you're saying doesn't match up with what you're buying. It's like your asking for advice on something that you are not even building which is a waste of everybody's time. Furthermore, you're saying that you're putting Windows Vista on it which almost everyone knows is junk.

So, from what you're saying - it sounds like an upgrade. That's cool, but just call it an upgrade so that if you do mess something up, we can give advice that is actually beneficial to you.

Why are you making stuff up. If you want to call it an upgrade so bad ok call it an upgrade. I'm upgrading the case, CPU, ram, motherboard, power supply, video cards, hard drive, ssd, and screenhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/5a14c2ef377a1131aef08f69270074b1.jpg. I don't know why you're obsessed with thinking I'm not actually building it. Obviously I'm not putting visa, it's called a joke. My other parts are still in shipping so I can't show you proof until it gets here. I ordered most of the parts from amazon, and 4 parts for new egg. I ordered everything in the first pc builder build. I have dual gtx 660 LSI gpu. Yes it is an upgrade, an upgrade from my old computer. Yes I did want some advise, but now that I've already bought all the pieces I just need advise on building it.

Also, I'm putting windows 7 and I thank Desoli for helping me with the build

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Why are you making stuff up. If you want to call it an upgrade so bad ok call it an upgrade. I'm upgrading the case, CPU, ram, motherboard, power supply, video cards, hard drive, ssd, and screenhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/5a14c2ef377a1131aef08f69270074b1.jpg. I don't know why you're obsessed with thinking I'm not actually building it. Obviously I'm not putting visa, it's called a joke. My other parts are still in shipping so I can't show you proof until it gets here. I ordered most of the parts from amazon, and 4 parts for new egg. I ordered everything in the first pc builder build. I have dual gtx 660 LSI gpu. Yes it is an upgrade, an upgrade from my old computer. Yes I did want some advise, but now that I've already bought all the pieces I just need advise on building it.

Also, I'm putting windows 7 and I thank Desoli for helping me with the build

ign Allhail

Look, I really don't care for more additional proof. I was just suspicious after the way that you presented things. I just did not want to offer advice if it was going to be a waste of time, that's all. There's far too many people out there that say: "Oh, I have this insanely cool PC when I really do not".

For the record, I do not make up stuff either. If you need, I can show you the PCs lined up, system info proof or whatever you need. It was really just a question of: "Is this going to be a waste of time or not?" hence my original post: "Are you trolling?".

Now that I know you're not kidding, I wouldn't mind giving you advice on how to build a PC once you have the components. It's just disappointing to give advice to someone and then realize that they were trolling you - that's all.

I've got to say that I do not agree with an SLI option as more likely than not, you will have microstutter which is incredibly annoying especially if you are using it for gaming. I'd rather just purchase one high end GPU versus two in SLI configuration. There's also the fact that the heat, noise, driver compatibility, etc. all rises. I know Desoli and he's very good with computers, but one should be very wary if they are going with SLI. I also know that SLI is the cool thing to do now-a-days but trust me, you're really better off just investing money into a single high end GPU. It will save you a LOT of headache.

P.S: Do not underestimate heat. I cannot tell you how many computers I've seen succumb to heat.

Zeus
09-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Additionally, can I ask what power supply Desoli recommended? Since you're going SLI...you're going to need a power supply that supports it or you will run into issues. Some GPUs come with them but the thing is, they do not assume that you are running SLI for the most part. You'll need a 600-750 watt power supply.

KingFu
09-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Furthermore, you're saying that you're putting Windows Vista on it which almost everyone knows is junk.

Even Armourslash would've picked up on that one :[

1000 gb SSD

Woaaaa, a whole 1000 gb?! $500 well spent dude!

I rly hope the Best Buy sales rep made sure you got your rewards points!

iceQueen69
09-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Additionally, can I ask what power supply Desoli recommended? Since you're going SLI...you're going to need a power supply that supports it or you will run into issues. Some GPUs come with them but the thing is, they do not assume that you are running SLI for the most part. You'll need a 600-750 watt power supply.

i didn't rec a psu but iirc he got a 760w one. he already had a 660 so its cheaper to get another than getting a card that'll outdo both of them

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 11:11 PM
i didn't rec a psu but iirc he got a 760w one. he already had a 660 so its cheaper to get another than getting a card that'll outdo both of them

Yay desoli queen

ign Allhail

iceQueen69
09-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Yay desoli queen

ign Allhail

:D

!

ign Boss
09-03-2014, 11:18 PM
:D

!

Gf "ign gladiator"

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM

Ah, then I see why you'd recommend it.

Personally, I'd still go single and get a high end card, haha. Each to his own though!

iceQueen69
09-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Ah, then I see why you'd recommend it.

Personally, I'd still go single and get a high end card, haha. Each to his own though!

Not all of us have an extra 300$ tho

Zeus
09-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Woaaaa, a whole 1000 gb?! $500 well spent dude!

I rly hope the Best Buy sales rep made sure you got your rewards points!

It depends on what you're using the 1000 GB SSD for.

Zeus
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM

You can downgrade the cooling for the CPU as you won't really need it unless overclocking the CPU. Stock fan will do just fine but you can grab a larger fan for around $20. Additionally, he can throw out the 2gb HD. I doubt he'll need it with a 500 gb SSD unless he has other plans for the computer. Alternatively, he could even drop the K version since I doubt he will be overclocking. After all, nobody really needs that much CPU power - it's an utter waste.

On top of that, he can go 8GB RAM. I highly doubt that he will need more. I have 32gigs and I rarely run out unless I leave the same Chrome browser for a week or more.

Money made for higher end GPU.

Also, don't forget that the GPU configuration you gave him will only keep him up to date for a year tops. Then he would have to swap out both video cards for a single high end GPU, ultimately spending more money. It just doesn't make sense when he could've bought a high end GPU to begin with by cutting back on hardware that he could later upgrade without much devaluation.

Itoopeo
09-04-2014, 12:04 AM
You can downgrade the cooling for the CPU as you won't really need it unless overclocking the CPU. Stock fan will do just fine but you can grab a larger fan for around $20. Additionally, he can throw out the 2gb HD. I doubt he'll need it with a 500 gb SSD unless he has other plans for the computer. Alternatively, he could even drop the K version since I doubt he will be overclocking. After all, nobody really needs that much CPU power - it's an utter waste.

On top of that, he can go 8GB RAM. I highly doubt that he will need more. I have 32gigs and I rarely run out unless I leave the same Chrome browser for a week or more.

Also, don't forget that the GPU configuration you gave him will only keep him up to date for a year tops. Then he would have to swap out both video cards for a single high end GPU, ultimately spending more money. It just doesn't make sense when he could've bought a high end GPU to begin with by cutting back on hardware that he could later upgrade without much devaluation.

Some people want to have tons of useless ram in their pc, and useless processor power too. He could get the exact same gaming perfomance with cheap processor and sapphire card and 8gb ram. It has only effect on loading times so who cares. And he could save tons of money and get a laptop or tablet easily to use when on the road

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 12:30 AM

Some people want to have tons of useless ram in their pc, and useless processor power too. He could get the exact same gaming perfomance with cheap processor and sapphire card and 8gb ram. It has only effect on loading times so who cares. And he could save tons of money and get a laptop or tablet easily to use when on the road

Who said I was trying to play games maxed graphics

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Who said I was trying to play games maxed graphics

ign Allhail

Why would you need a cooler or SLI option then?

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Why would you need a cooler or SLI option then?

I thought coolers were necessary, and graphics help rendering. For the games I do play the SLI will be just fine. I wanted SLI because I'm getting a good screen and may as well have good graphics

ign Allhail

KingFu
09-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Do you not realize whom you're saying this to?

I have a rig as well with a i7-4770k, 32 gigs of RAM, 1000 gb SSD and 2TB HD, Nvidia GPU

Gensin
09-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Computer nerds!

Zeus
09-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Do you not realize whom you're saying this to?

I don't use mine for gaming, it has an entirely different use which is why it's so beefed up on storage & RAM. The nVidia GPU is a GT, not a GTX.

On top of it being a desktop, it hosts a local network.

Zeus
09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
I thought coolers were necessary, and graphics help rendering. For the games I do play the SLI will be just fine. I wanted SLI because I'm getting a good screen and may as well have good graphics

ign Allhail

Coolers are good to have but they're not exactly needed unless you're overclocking. Since you're not, you're spending more on your cooling system than you should be.

You mention that for the games you play, SLI will be just fine. Now, to me, this sounds like you'll be playing older games. In that case, my next question is: did you check if these games will actually accept SLI configurations? If not, it really is a waste.

It's my personal opinion but I really felt you could've opted for the more powerful and software friendly higher end GPU. I listed the many disadvantages of SLI - it can really be more trouble than it's worth.

Itoopeo
09-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Hes gonna mine bitcoin :chuncky::chuncky::chuncky:
good luck getting your money back

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Coolers are good to have but they're not exactly needed unless you're overclocking. Since you're not, you're spending more on your cooling system than you should be.

You mention that for the games you play, SLI will be just fine. Now, to me, this sounds like you'll be playing older games. In that case, my next question is: did you check if these games will actually accept SLI configurations? If not, it really is a waste.

It's my personal opinion but I really felt you could've opted for the more powerful and software friendly higher end GPU. I listed the many disadvantages of SLI - it can really be more trouble than it's worth.

Why do people over clock

ign Allhail

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't use mine for gaming, it has an entirely different use which is why it's so beefed up on storage & RAM. The nVidia GPU is a GT, not a GTX.

On top of it being a desktop, it hosts a local network.

What do you use it for?

ign Allhail

Matutd
09-04-2014, 11:56 AM
I too own a computer :D

Zeus
09-04-2014, 12:49 PM
What do you use it for?

ign Allhail

Local network hosting, virtual machines (especially this one), etc. So yes, I need that much storage and I need it to be fast.

For your other question, people overclock to gain a boost in performance. However, if you're already getting a powerful processor to begin with - the need to overclock just doesn't make sense. All you're doing is upping your watts for gains that you won't really need or even see for that matter. Overclocking is useful for older CPUs - it isn't needed, especially if you're going for an i7.

If you're not going to overclock or do not know how to, you basically just paid $100 or so more for a feature you do not even use. Also, the non K i7's are still able to be overclocked slightly so I really do not see when you would need it.

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Local network hosting, virtual machines (especially this one), etc. So yes, I need that much storage and I need it to be fast.

For your other question, people overclock to gain a boost in performance. However, if you're already getting a powerful processor to begin with - the need to overclock just doesn't make sense. All you're doing is upping your watts for gains that you won't really need or even see for that matter. Overclocking is useful for older CPUs - it isn't needed, especially if you're going for an i7.

If you're not going to overclock or do not know how to, you basically just paid $100 or so more for a feature you do not even use. Also, the non K i7's are still able to be overclocked slightly so I really do not see when you would need it.

Do you use vmware

ign Allhail

Zeus
09-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Do you use vmware

ign Allhail

Yes.

I have 5 different OS's which I require: OS X, Windows, Fedora, Ubuntu, and Solaris.

Itoopeo
09-04-2014, 11:50 PM
And what do you require them for? You can get all the programs in the world for linux and windows.
Virtual computers? Do you test new and different OS:s on your freetime for fun or what?

Local network hosting? Why not just buy a router and attach hard drive to it?

ign Boss
09-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Yes.

I have 5 different OS's which I require: OS X, Windows, Fedora, Ubuntu, and Solaris.

Do I need thermal paste on the CPU? I'm watching a tutorial and he's putting it on.

ign Allhail

Itoopeo
09-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Do I need thermal paste on the CPU? I'm watching a tutorial and he's putting it on.

ign Allhail

Go ahead its good to have

Do you have internet in kazakstan?

ign Boss
09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Go ahead its good to have

Do you have internet in kazakstan?

What does it do? And lol that's a joke I actually live in CA

ign Allhail

ign Boss
09-05-2014, 03:56 PM
What's the best type of thermal paste and does it permanently attach the CPU cooler to the CPU?

ign ALL HAIL

ign Boss
09-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Yes.

How do I get to use my ssd and hard drive at the same time? I installed the OS on the SSD and I don't see the hard drive when the computer is on

ign Allhail

Itoopeo
09-07-2014, 09:40 AM
You just attach the hard drive to your computer and make sure it also gets power

ign Boss
09-10-2014, 05:26 AM
I'd like to the desoli[emoji24]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/10/b6f79b61610cc7186912917e552ba7eb.jpg

ign Allhail

ign Boss
09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
ign All

Zeus
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Congrats! Sorry that I didn't check back on this thread, rarely venture into off topic.

So, how does it feel?

ign Boss
09-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Congrats! Sorry that I didn't check back on this thread, rarely venture into off topic.

So, how does it feel?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/23/7165dc9d38c3631c2cd67a1f64f00740.jpg

It feels like my alienware is on bath salts+cocaine

ign Allhail