PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Y50

Zeus
09-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Hello,

I recently bought a gaming laptop - Lenovo Y50 with an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 860M 2GB GPU.

However, it seems to slightly lag on AL which is extremely strange considering that the laptop has plenty of GPU power to play without even the slightest stutter in frame rate. Additionally, the longer I play AL, the more the frame rates drop. For example, if I am in PvP for an hour or two, the frame rate will begin dropping without the laptop being noticeably hotter. Dying does not seem to change this - only a browser restart.

Here are my settings for both the computer and chrome. As you can see, it is definitely using the Nvidia GPU to use Chrome rather than the integrated Intel chipset. So, what is the issue? To my knowledge, I should not be having frame rate lag at all.

Ravager
09-01-2014, 04:00 AM
Not sure. Perhaps reduce the filtering, try modified drivers, updated drivers etc. Reduce resolution.

I think its more of a chrome issue rather than an AL issue though. I could be wrong.

Try Chromium vs chrome. Try incognito mode. Just tossing random things to try.

Maybe even try portable variants of chrome or previous versions as well.

SacredKnight
09-01-2014, 04:32 AM
Not sure. Perhaps reduce the filtering, try modified drivers, updated drivers etc. Reduce resolution.

I think its more of a chrome issue rather than an AL issue though. I could be wrong.

Try Chromium vs chrome. Try incognito mode. Just tossing random things to try.

Maybe even try portable variants of chrome or previous versions as well.

Random fact you probably already know!
Chromium is the 24th element in the Periodic Table. It is a metal an the first element in group 6!

^_^

Madnex
09-01-2014, 07:53 AM
I mentioned this a while ago and by looking around, I think it's partially Chrome's issue (memory leak). Perhaps this article will help: http://web-browsers.knoji.com/how-to-fix-memory-leak-in-google-chrome/

Ravager
09-01-2014, 12:03 PM
I mentioned this a while ago and by looking around, I think it's partially Chrome's issue (memory leak). Perhaps this article will help: http://web-browsers.knoji.com/how-to-fix-memory-leak-in-google-chrome/

I think so as well. Didnt know there was an article on a possible resolution to this as well. Thanks.

Kakashis
09-01-2014, 01:01 PM
At least yours logs in. My Lenovo Y40 gets stuck at contacting server screen.