PDA

View Full Version : Is Jailbroken Ipod touch 2nd gen give more lag and less fps?

KnownAsSpy
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I have jailbroken itouch.

when i first bought it's smooth then jailbroke and it lags on the homescreen sometimes.

when i play pocket legends its not that laggy,

only when i party with high lvls and they spam then i lag a lot

so does jailbreak effect my Fps?? and overall lag to the itouch??:confused:

RedRyder
01-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I used to have a jailbroken 2g and yes it did lag a great deal. I recommend restoring the iPod since all the 3rd party stuff can do a lot of internal damage. I lost all my songs and was no longer able to sync with iTunes so becareful.

Echelong
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Do you have iOS 4.0 or later?
Most of the problems with older gen iDevices come from the newer firmware. Also you will have to check what you have downloaded like backgrounder and other stuff that could have to much strain on your iPod. I have a new iPhone model JB and it doesn't lagg anything so I doubt the problem is the JB but a program you have downloaded from Cydia.

PS @RedRyder If you have a sync program you can Sync you JB iPod without any problems just have to check the version of iTunes you are running. I haven't had any problems with mine and Wouldn't go back to original iOS.

RedRyder
01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Do you have iOS 4.0 or later?
Most of the problems with older gen iDevices come from the newer firmware. Also you will have to check what you have downloaded like backgrounder and other stuff that could have to much strain on your iPod. I have a new iPhone model JB and it doesn't lagg anything so I doubt the problem is the JB but a program you have downloaded from Cydia.

PS @RedRyder If you have a sync program you can Sync you JB iPod without any problems just have to check the version of iTunes you are running. I haven't had any problems with mine and Wouldn't go back to original iOS.

I don't have to worry about It anymore lol I've since upgraded to the 4g and I refuse to jailbreak it

KnownAsSpy
01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Yes i have 4.0 and what do u mean by backgrounders?

like downloading a lot of background images?

KnownAsSpy
01-22-2011, 12:13 AM
oh and Red i dont want to restore my itouch because i put a lot of time into it.

Can i just delete cydia and keep installous?