PDA

View Full Version : Sadly but got scammed :'(

merchtime
09-01-2014, 11:38 AM
So yesterday i was doing my job merching and this guy who i'm not gonna mention here says trading dovabear egg for lvl 13 woodslander of brutality...

ok i checked cs it was selling for 130k i though i gotta make sure he has dova so i told him show dova and he showed it i was like cool im gonna earn like 300k.

After all that i bought the gun and traded him now guess what he said "i don't get it" "keep it".

I felt like the dumbest person in this game all i has was 190k now i only got 60k. What the hell will i do with 60k i was about to buy lepre but this guy appeared.

He keeps doing this kind of scam and he is lvl 13 so that makes you fall con his trap be carefull guys he's earning money like crazy i saw his rifle sell like 4 times yesterday.

Yeah so that's it now is gonna take some weeks to get money for a lepre.

-staffpro

Jurmans
09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
This isn't a scam it's just called trolling, check the name of the person selling the cs item if it's his name he's just a smart troll.

Schnitzel
09-01-2014, 11:45 AM
um..i don't understand what happened...

did you trade something then he didn't give his item?

Jurmans
09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
um..i don't understand what happened...

did you trade something then he didn't give his item?

The guy was saying that he was trading dova for a woodland slayer, the woodland thing was 190k, he bought the woodland slayer and then the guy didn't want to trade.

Bunny♥
09-01-2014, 11:49 AM
ahaahhaha, well, this isnt a scam tho.. this is just a smarty way of selling their item listed on AH. And ugh... im sorry for your loss.

Jurmans
09-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I got scammed 4 legendary rings each worth 200 gold O.o, oh no wait I just was to lazy to sell them and gave them away. Concluding this isn't a scam.

Terracio
09-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry to say but greed gets people scammed, you should have known something was up.

Elufu
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
karma for being greedy lol ..

Bunny♥
09-01-2014, 12:05 PM
i wont consider his act as being greedy. A person whose aiming to reroll his gold to make profits would want to do anything to gain money, he's juz trying to merch, yet, he fails.

Kreasadriii
09-01-2014, 12:34 PM
As Fraline said bro.
This is the smart way to cheating people and got no report on their char until we realize.

He tried to trade something expensive by trading a unique or rare item on the auc with middle price.
You started think to merchant because will trade the precious stuff, after say you bought the item and ready for trade. The player who offered the trade already change the char and check the item that you just bought.

Tricky, I ever did it. But no prob, take it as a lesson that you must be carefull next time. ;)

merchtime
09-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Lol i know guys it was too good to be true :(

Enviado desde mi AX610 mediante Tapatalk

aquascaper
09-01-2014, 01:30 PM
that guy pm'ed me yesterday

aquascaper
09-01-2014, 01:31 PM
That guy pm'ed me yesterday and tried to sell a lv13 gun, except it was for lepre and 80k auction. :/

Amicusdei
09-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I fell for this once also.
I consider it a scam.
The name in the cs is different than the guy who wants to trade, so he covers his tracks well.
It's a tough lesson to learn, but it could have been much worse.
Good luck in future merching, be careful.

Fauksuras
09-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I'd like to point out they can use CS for the same means in other ways.

For example they may post an item that isn't common but not overly rare (there are no other listings) and they list it at a high price on an alt. Afterwards they use the same item(they have it repeated) on another toon and try to pass it off as if its worth more than it is to either sell it or use it as payment when trading for a higher valued item.

Don't trust anybody really.

Ebezaanec
09-01-2014, 06:52 PM
You should have noticed something odd happening. If he wanted the gun for 130k, he should have sold his dova for 500k or so (last time I checked)

That would have been more than enough to cover it.

obee
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM
See there's a problem with these threads. There is a fine line between scamming and merching

UndeadJudge
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Remember, if its too good to be true, it probably isn't true...

Zylx
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM
My scam guide in the Guides Section covers this type of occurance. It's not an obvious, bannable scam, as there are many different possible motives for the action (maybe he gave the egg to someone else before you bought the item, or maybe he changed his mind and wanted to keep his egg and the seller was not him). STS doesn't ban on assumptions, so the other player is safe even if you report him.

Just try to avoid these types of things. If it seems too good to be true, then it IS! Manipulation is deceiving.

merchtime
09-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I also consider it as a scam and i hope that anyone don't do this.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI-M835 usando Tapatalk 2

Raselph
09-01-2014, 10:49 PM
karma for being greedy lol ..

ur a buddhist or blaming karma?

-no
09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Don't feel bad, ignore the idiots with negative comments posting. This happened to me as well.

If your level 40/41. Come join with me and my guild, we run elites often. I can help you earn back the gold. Pm if interested.

Arpluvial
09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Hey guys!

Scam discussions are not allowed on the forums. As this thread is leading to discussions of scams and in-game trolling, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread up.

In closing, any scams should be reported to our support team at support@spacetimestudios.com for review.