PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Y40

Kakashis
09-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I just bought this laptop and it appears I can run every game on the the playstore as well as steam, but for all the STS games, it gets stuck on "Contacting Server" and never makes it to the login screen. I've tried just about everything and am having no luck. It's ONLY with STS games. No issues with any other game through the appstore.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Optiblue/Arcane%20Legends/Screenshot2014-09-01131341_zpsa1a03af6.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Optiblue/Arcane%20Legends/Screenshot2014-09-01131543_zps28965ceb.png

Ravager
09-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I just bought this laptop and it appears I can run every game on the the playstore as well as steam, but for all the STS games, it gets stuck on "Contacting Server" and never makes it to the login screen. I've tried just about everything and am having no luck. It's ONLY with STS games. No issues with any other game through the appstore.

Protection software that may have modified the hosts file?

Kakashis
09-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Protection software that may have modified the hosts file?

What host files? It just loads onto chrome doesn't it? I've uninstalled all my Antivirus software, tried no firewall, and I'm not behind any proxy servers. All games work except for STS ones.

Zeus
09-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Do you have any extensions on Chrome itself?

Try doing a fresh install of Chrome.

Kakashis
09-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Do you have any extensions on Chrome itself?

Try doing a fresh install of Chrome.

I've tried that many times as well as many old versions of chrome. It seems to get stuck at that screen no matter what version I use.

Zeus
09-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I've tried that many times as well as many old versions of chrome. It seems to get stuck at that screen no matter what version I use.

The stuff I tried to fix mine:

1. Pop up your dedicated GPU's preference and set Chrome to always use the dedicated GPU.
2. Put Highest Performance on your power plan.

I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a shot...goodluck! :/

Kakashis
09-10-2014, 07:25 PM
The stuff I tried to fix mine:

1. Pop up your dedicated GPU's preference and set Chrome to always use the dedicated GPU.
2. Put Highest Performance on your power plan.

I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a shot...goodluck! :/

Believe me, if it can be tried, I've done it! I called Lenovo up and they said that if it's only STS games I can't connect to, then it's an issue that the game developers should address. Currently I think that this is my only hope as I've done all that I can on my side.

Zeus
09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Believe me, if it can be tried, I've done it! I called Lenovo up and they said that if it's only STS games I can't connect to, then it's an issue that the game developers should address. Currently I think that this is my only hope as I've done all that I can on my side.

Might need to catch Remiem during chatbox hours or PM developers. :/

Anarchial
09-13-2014, 01:58 AM
I don't know if you have tried these exact steps. But you could give it a try:
1)Uninstalled current google chrome
2)Installed google chrome 24.0.1312.56 using offline installer version(very important that its this version and also it must be offline)
3)Turn off your internet
4)Install chrome
5)After installation turn off auto updates in chrome settings.

This should do the trick. Hope this helps

Edit: Zzzz. Never mind whatever I wrote. I didn't even see the screenshot. Sorry my bad. But on the other hand no harm in trying tho :)