PDA

View Full Version : My Stupid Computer

Sheugokin
09-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I need some halp from you guys. So this is my predicament:

Yesterday I was grinding like crazy and because it was humid and hot yesterday, Chrome froze every so often. Angel and Idevour are witnesses lol.

So I blame it on overheating and because GPUs generate a lot of heat and is the main component for running 3DMMORPG games, Pocket Legends kept crashing.

Then, the final blow came when I was at my last hour of grinding when I tried refreshing the page to play again but it kept saying that "Graphic cards failed to initialize." I had to go to sleep then and the next day I tried troubleshooting and drove me INSANE!

I fixed it somehow by updating to the most current drivers and deleting everything that had to do with Chrome. Then I used IE to re-download chrome and it worked.

But here is the catch: I lag with green ping now. I guess it is better than not being able to play, but I can't PvP as I used to. Hiding behind walls, nuking, and timing has become an issue. What should I do?

Give the computer a rest?

-Thanks,
Sheugokin

iceQueen69
09-01-2014, 10:48 PM
do u mean fps lag?

Sheugokin
09-01-2014, 11:03 PM
And how to combat that?

iceQueen69
09-01-2014, 11:08 PM
if thats a yes benchmark ur graphics card and see how it compares to it stock

if its lower u kno its bad and we can go from there.

Sheugokin
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM
How to benchmark it?

iceQueen69
09-01-2014, 11:27 PM
d/l 3dmark, run it, tell me what number it gives u

---------
oh and what gpu u have

Sheugokin
09-01-2014, 11:35 PM
I have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series.

And which one should I d/l?

Probesbehr
09-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Go buy a new computer
Problem solved!

iceQueen69
09-02-2014, 12:22 AM
nvm for that use passmark

http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

if u had a problem w/ dedicated i'd say swap to integrated and see how it plays out but b/c that's integrated to start with you can't go around

once you run passmark, find your cpu/gpu on their list of benchmarks and see how your numbers compare. they should be within ~10% of what is listed. if it's way below somethings wrong with your computer

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Issue is with the graphics processing driver.

You mentioned that you updated the driver. Probably you downloaded the one in Alpha or Beta state and not a final build product. Suggest you auto update drivers instead of manually installing them.

BTW which graphics card do you own?
Nvidia or AMD (ATI).

If it is Nvidia, I can help you out better since I work for Nvidia.

Post your graphics card model number and company name for me to be able to support you more with the issue.

ign Boss
09-02-2014, 01:27 AM
I need some halp from you guys. So this is my predicament:

Yesterday I was grinding like crazy and because it was humid and hot yesterday, Chrome froze every so often. Angel and Idevour are witnesses lol.

So I blame it on overheating and because GPUs generate a lot of heat and is the main component for running 3DMMORPG games, Pocket Legends kept crashing.

Then, the final blow came when I was at my last hour of grinding when I tried refreshing the page to play again but it kept saying that "Graphic cards failed to initialize." I had to go to sleep then and the next day I tried troubleshooting and drove me INSANE!

I fixed it somehow by updating to the most current drivers and deleting everything that had to do with Chrome. Then I used IE to re-download chrome and it worked.

But here is the catch: I lag with green ping now. I guess it is better than not being able to play, but I can't PvP as I used to. Hiding behind walls, nuking, and timing has become an issue. What should I do?

Give the computer a rest?

-Thanks,
Sheugokin

All you have to do is go to about flags and enable native client and gpu rendering. Battery saver will lessen the amount of CPU the game uses. Use maybe 10% battery saver, use pixel double, and uncheck high quality.

ign Allhail

dudetus
09-02-2014, 04:01 AM
Issue is with the graphics processing driver.

You mentioned that you updated the driver. Probably you downloaded the one in Alpha or Beta state and not a final build product. Suggest you auto update drivers instead of manually installing them.

BTW which graphics card do you own?
Nvidia or AMD (ATI).

If it is Nvidia, I can help you out better since I work for Nvidia.

Post your graphics card model number and company name for me to be able to support you more with the issue.

Nvidia worker eh?

Tell me why ur products overheat constantly

Ssneakykills
09-02-2014, 05:27 AM
I would help but don't have a clue what you guys are talking about

largecommand
09-02-2014, 08:17 AM
"Yeah, the HD 4200 will not be able to play modern games. Integrated graphics are generally weak. Currently the most powerful integrate video solution is the Intel HD 3000 graphics core that is the Core i5-2500k and i7-2600k desktop CPUs. It is also in the Core i3-2310m CPU for laptops; there are other Intel mobile CPUs that have the Intel HD 3000 graphics core, but I don't really follow the laptop scene. It is basically a little better than the desktop version of the Radeon HD 5450. That's not even considered a gaming card."

I have the i3 on my laptop and I can just about do anything.

You probably should give the computer a break, or you might end up breaking your graphics driver. A good graphics card that is meant for gaming can cost up to $900. Just a heads up..

QuaderupleeJr
09-02-2014, 10:34 AM
video driver graphics card reset or new computer

Laar
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
i3? Holy....

iceQueen69
09-02-2014, 01:31 PM
ur all dum im out

for the lulz
09-02-2014, 01:39 PM
il tell u wot m8 , i made a guide on editing your windows registry that may help solve the lag issue . It def worked for me and others as far as ik .

Heres da link > http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132767-How-to-fix-dem-pesky-lag-spikes&highlight=pesky+spikes

plox thumb me if it works

Sheugokin
09-02-2014, 03:03 PM
nvm for that use passmark

http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

if u had a problem w/ dedicated i'd say swap to integrated and see how it plays out but b/c that's integrated to start with you can't go around

once you run passmark, find your cpu/gpu on their list of benchmarks and see how your numbers compare. they should be within ~10% of what is listed. if it's way below somethings wrong with your computer

I can't quite figure what you are saying.

I downloaded it: Performance Test 8.0 Evaluation Version.

Now what do I look at?

largecommand
09-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey dum dum gu to geek swuad, provblem solved. Gf

Sheugokin
09-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey dum dum gu to geek swuad, provblem solved. Gf

My parents are gonna flip b/c they Chinese......-.-

Prolly be like "You dumby (much worse than that tho), you ruined the computer because you play to much!"

Sheugokin
09-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I got .72 MB..... I guess that is extremely slow lol.

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-03-2014, 12:02 AM
@ Allhail : By lowering graphics depth as you mentioned, one will lose major advantage in PVP. As both of us know, we need less than 300 ping and best graphics quality the game can provide to PVP properly, so as I mentioned, its a video card problem, aka rendering delay.

@ Dudetus : Please provide me with your system specs, video card model number and purchase date. I will try and get the issue to the support dept. ASAP.

Regards,
Rikstrife.

Sheugokin
09-03-2014, 11:42 AM
I still don't really know what to do. I don't really wanna a new graphics card....any suggestions?

Armourslash
09-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Gaming will probably work well on fast pcs.

KingFu
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

And gaming probably won't work well on slow pcs.

Areufa
09-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Isn't it funny how that works

Covert
09-03-2014, 03:05 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Mobile%20Uploads/areyouawizard_zpsca79bc31.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Mobile%20Uploads/areyouawizard_zpsca79bc31.png.html)

Sheugokin
09-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I just figured out something:

In populated townes and PvP zones, the movements are very blotchy and choppy.

However, in unpopulated townes, all movement is fluid and great!

Somemager
09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Same stuff happens to tablets after awhile especially android ones. You lag really bad after 5-10 minutes in a valley game or normal dungeons or even pvp and it gets to the point where you game freezes and you have to relog. I have not had any lag in pvp ever (thankful) People told me for devices its the antenna connected to your device causing the lag or the device is just worn out. My tablet literally feels like 100 degrees when im playing for more then 30 minutes which sucks but i get used to it by taking hourly breaks. Ive played on pc before it worked for a few months then it wouldnt load no matter what i tried which sucks lol. Best of luck fixing it sheu ^_^

Sheugokin
09-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Yup, I'll need it.

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 03:23 AM
This should be good enough to run PL
pcpartpicker.com/p/9WysVn

ign Allhail

Sheugokin
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
This should be good enough to run PL
pcpartpicker.com/p/9WysVn

ign Allhail

-0.0-

Yup I got 42-43k lying around.

ign Boss
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
-0.0-

Yup I got 42-43k lying around.

See if they accept PL gold

ign Allhail

Sheugokin
09-04-2014, 05:50 PM
What I figured out:

I ran AL just for the heck of it to see if it really was my computer and it played smoothly.

Is this PL's end that is going wrong???

Really stupefied.