PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Developers Here

Matt A-Row
09-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Since there isn't an official one...

1. Double resources all the time and cut build times and troop training time in half - permanently. Each of those weekend events were the most fun/engaging times of the game. I'm sure that the usage metrics back this up. I'm not sure how much time and money the developers imagine people are going to invest in the game, but from what I've seen the attrition rate is huge. Waiting days for small incremental advances is killing lots of players. There will always be a small group (10%?) that throws hundreds of dollars at a game to reach elite status quickly, and there are those that are strictly F2P (20%?). For the other 70% of us who have some combination of time and money to spend, it should not take 3 months and ~$50 to reach intermediate status. I think the sweet spot is more like 1 month and $20-$30 to reach intermediate status and then each player either decides to spend more time and money or finds another game.

2. Improve troop AI or, better, Select a primary target before deploying troops. The total lack of intelligence and inconsistent behavior of the troops is frustrating in a bad way. My warriors (L5) are supposed to attack the nearest target, so I breach both sets of walls in a simple box-in-box base and deploy the warriors. There are high value targets - either defensive structures or vaults/tanks 2-3 tiles away. A small percentage of the time, they will go for the closest target, but probably 8/10 times, they will attack a waypoint or library or garrison that is 10 tiles away outside the breach. Not always, but most times and I can't figure out why. Bandits will sometimes do the same thing when there is a mill or mine 10 tiles away and around the corner despite the full vault or tank 2 tiles in front of them. And don't even get me started on priests. Sometimes they follow the troops inside the breach and sometimes they refuse to go past the walls. I have no idea of the logic that determines their behavior.

Matt A-Row
09-03-2014, 10:37 AM
3. Change the sort order when using arrows to move between the troop training buildings - I'm not totally certain, but I believe that when you use the arrows to move between garrisons, beastiaries and crypts, the order is based on the order in which they were created. This is very inconvenient and certainly not the way our brains work in terms of remembering what we need to order to prepare for the next attack. I find myself constantly going back & forth between the waypoint and the various buildings. The solution is very simple and trivial to implement: Sort by type with the highest level of that type first, i.e. L8 Garrision -> L7 Garrison -> L7 Garrison -> L5 Beastiary -> L4 Beastiary -> L3 Beastiary -> L4 Crypt -> L2 Crypt

mlb2005
09-04-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure about cutting training time in half but I feel they definately need to increase the resource collection. The way it is set up now there is hardly any reason to attack. I've gone up in trophies and all the way down and the resources are low everywhere. Spending 80k gold to find a base semi worth attacking is ridiculous.

TrblMaker
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
3. Change the sort order when using arrows to move between the troop training buildings - I'm not totally certain, but I believe that when you use the arrows to move between garrisons, beastiaries and crypts, the order is based on the order in which they were created. This is very inconvenient and certainly not the way our brains work in terms of remembering what we need to order to prepare for the next attack. I find myself constantly going back & forth between the waypoint and the various buildings. The solution is very simple and trivial to implement: Sort by type with the highest level of that type first, i.e. L8 Garrision -> L7 Garrison -> L7 Garrison -> L5 Beastiary -> L4 Beastiary -> L3 Beastiary -> L4 Crypt -> L2 Crypt

Totally agree with this suggestion!!!!!!

Milan Lame Man
09-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I have 2 bases, where I built the garrisons, bestiaries and crypts in different order, yet they ended up in the same, non-sensical order in both bases. It's probably hard-coded.
I totally agree that the various types should be grouped together.

Szangheili
09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree with most suggestions here to be honest, but I doubt the devs would do anything about it. We need more support from the community, especially in forums for the Devs to be aware

Remiem
09-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, I appreciate the suggestions. I'll most definitely pass it along to G-M. Szangheili makes a good point though. We always care, no matter how big the community is, but we'd love to see more and more people coming in to tell us what they think about the game. The more suggestions and discussion we get, the better we can make the game. Help grow our community by inviting your friends and alliance mates to the forums to take part in the discussion!

Matt A-Row
09-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Here's another one that should not be too hard for the developers:

4. When entering PvP and scanning bases the default troop selection should be "none" I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally dropped a troop when I'm just trying to pan around or zoom to check out a base. Dropping troops should be deliberate, not accidental. Unless they've coded things in a way I can't imagine, this is a one-line, two-minutes-to-change-code, five-minutes-to-test enhancement. I don't mind being "frustrated" and/or losing because I made a bad choice, but being frustrated and losing because of an interface issue that is easily fixed is frustrating in a bad way.

Matt A-Row
09-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi, Reminem.

It's great to see that Spacetime has you here, actually reading what we say and responding.

Can you tell me anything about Troop AI (#2 above)? Am I missing something? The more I play, the more I'm confused and can't get the troops to go where I expect them to. Maybe that's part of the game? I've tried to look at it from a defensive and offensive perspective. If the behavior was consistent, I could use the knowledge to my advantage defensively, but in reviewing both my attacks and defenses I can't see the pattern. I don't know if you can tell me what the "rules" that govern target selection are or not, but throw me a bone of some kind...:confused:

Szangheili
09-10-2014, 12:00 PM
The only troops that make total sense imo are bandits .. They actually go for resources , although it bothers me how sometimes they skip the castle and end up going for something farther away.. Shouldn't the castle be considered a main resource?

Milan Lame Man
10-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Lemme revive the suggestion box...
I see that an overhaul of the way troops are made is not likely to happen, but how about adding somewhere a "total of X troops of this kind after training"?
I like to rebuild my army to a certain amount of each troop, and sometimes it's kinda hard to keep track of the current status of all the queues.

Another thing, during battle on iPad with the bigger screen, sometimes I tap the troop list to select some troops but move the finger a bit, so it just moves the bar instead of selecting. Is it possible to tweak the sensitivity a bit? Or make it 2 rows? The iPad screen is somewhat higher but narrower than a typical phone (6 troops visible on iPad vs 8 on android phone).

And again, please move donated troops after my own troops, so that my troops are always at the same position. Other than that the sorting is fairly reasonable (warrior<ranger<bandit<troll etc.)