PDA

View Full Version : New To Forums? Not Sure How To Do Something? Read This Guide!

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 04:48 PM
​New To Spacetime Studios Forums? Not Sure How To Do Something? Read This

Note: To Make Finding The Answer Faster, Click on The Spoiler Button That Contains The Topic Of What You Are Trying To Find

Why Are Some Names Green, Orange or Red?

The Green names mean that that forum-er is a Moderator or a Administrator.

Some of the Moderators on the Spacetime Studios Forum include (not limited to): Remiem or Seoratrek
They will have the Forum title: Super Moderator or Community Manager

Some of the Administrators include: Spacetime Games, Joewurz, Dvanovik
They will have the Forum title: Administrator

The Red names mean that that forum-er is a Developer.
Some of the Developers on the Spacetime Studios include: JustG, Samhayne, Thade, Null_Void, VroomIGoRealFast, G-M, Carapace and many others.
They will have the Forum title: Spacetime Studios Dev

The Orange names mean that the forum-er is an inactive/former STS employee
They will be dearly missed :(

Why Do Some People Have Different Titles Under Their Name?

Forum Titles Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?136239-Forum-Titles-%28Guide%29)

Credits to: DocDoBig (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?79789-DocDoBig)

Reputation Bars and The "thanked X times in Y posts"

For the Guide on Reputation Bars, Click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844-Guide-Reputation-system)
Credits to: Gluttony (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?40849-Gluttony)

What does it mean by "Thanked X times in Y posts"?
This basically means that you have been thanked a total of X times in Y total posts
Sometimes, the X amount is greater than the Y amount.
This is because sometimes when you write a post, more than one person can click the "Thanks" button on your post
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6840/img1153.png
In this picture,
-If you click the Thanks button, you will add +2 points to the other user's total reputation points.
-If you click the Green Thumb Icon, you will add Reputation Points to that player (depending on Your total reputation points, you may add more or less points than a "Thanks" button's amount. Your Reputation Power increases as you get more reputation points)

Whats that "!" button do?
That button is this forum's Report Function. It is used for things such as: Reporting threads/posts that break the STS Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules). It can also be used to move threads that are placed in the wrong sub-forum, to the correct sub-forum.

Need help Uploading Pictures? Adding Videos To Posts? Change Avatar Picture? Whats the ChatBox?

See This Guide: <Guide> to AL Forums (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172746-lt-Guide-gt-to-AL-forums)
Credits to: Obee (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?118197-obee)

Want To Learn How To Use BBCodes?

See This Guide: [Guide] Forum Editing Codes (BB Codes) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?203222-GUIDE-Forum-editing-codes-(BB-codes))
Credits to: Kinzmet (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?116815-kinzmet)

Reporting Players Who Break The Spacetime Studios Terms Of Service

The reason I say this is because: sometimes, forum-ers call out other players on forums.

example: "PlayerA scammed me 100k, Here's the screenshots"

Do not write those threads as it will be locked or deleted by a STS moderator or developer.
The correct thing to do is to email the screenshots and any other information you have to support@spacetimestudios.com

Enabling Private Messaging On This Forum

Requirements:
10+ Forum Posts

You Can ONLY enable this feature when using the STS full website (Tapatalk might not allow you to do this)
1. On the Top Right side of your screen, Click "Settings"

2. Scroll Down to Where It Says "My Account" (Located on the LEFT of the screen), Click "General Settings"

3. From There, Find where it says "Private Messaging"
Click "Private Messaging On" To be able to Send and Recieve Private Messages. Click "Private Messaging Off" If you DON'T want to use the Forum Private Messaging feature.
The only person/people that see your message is you, and whoever you sent the message to.

How Do I Change My Forum Name?

To change your forum name,
PM one of the Moderators and ask to change your forum name to another name (please include the new name)

NOTE: After It Is Changed, The New Name Will Be What You Use To Log Into Forums

How to Upload a Signature and Add texts, spoilers, links, and more!

Click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?141702-Guide-about-the-forum-signature-text-box) To Learn How!

How To Delete an Attachment

Sometimes when we remove pictures from a post, the attachment is still in the post. Here's how to delete it:

1. Click "settings"

2. Click (Under Misc.) "Attachments" located on the left menu

3. Click on the checkbox next to the title of the thread which you want to delete (attachment), scroll down, click "delete selected"

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Posting Threads In The Correct Sub-Forum

It is extremely helpful to both you, and other forum-ers if you post in the correct section of the STS forum sub-forums

SpaceTime Announcements

This Sub-Forum is for when STS wants to announce new subjects, such as introducing new moderators or developers, talking about things ingame to be careful of (such as scamming, and not giving away your account information)

Spacetime Insiders

You have the inside track to all the latest about what is cool and coming to Spacetime Studios games! Thanks for registering a forum account and becoming a Spacetime Insider.

We will post all the latest juicy news here first! You'll always get the exclusive scoop as to what is coming.

SpaceTime Games Support

This is not a Sub-Forum. It is a link that takes you to STS's support website.
Content on this part of the website can help you find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Examples are: "How do I register my account?" (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/961526-how-do-i-register-my-game-account-) or "My Game keeps crashing" (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/963689-my-game-keeps-crashing-android-)

Website And Forum Discussion

This Sub-Forum is for posting anything STS forum and website related threads.

Forum Games

This Sub-Forum is for making threads that are supposed to be like games.
Have a idea for a forum game? post HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?132-Forum-Games)

Note: These threads is not for suggesting ideas about games.

Off-Topic Discussion

This Sub-Forum is for posting threads that do not relate to any STS games.

Examples include, but are not limited to: "World Cup 2014" or "Should I buy this computer or that computer for gaming?" etc.

Main Forums

Announcements Sub-Forum

This sub-forum is reserved for STS Developers and Moderators to post.
The STS staff may post threads such as contest winners, new updates (client updates/game patches/content etc.), or up-coming events/updates.

New Players Sub-Forum

The New Players Sub-Forum is for new players and forum-ers to say "Hi!" to other players for that game and/or ask a question about something in the game. Examples are: "Where Can I Go Level Up?" or "Where Can I Buy Potions?"

General Discussion Threads

This sub-forum is for players who want to talk about general topic in game

Contest Sub-Forum

This Sub-Forum is for players/forum-ers who want to host contests for other players to try to win prizes such as gold or items (In that specific game)
Some examples (not limited to) include: Signature Contests, Raffles, Guessing Games, InGame PvE/PvP contests

Player vs. Player

This Sub-Forum is for players who want to talk about PvP (TDM)/CTF related.
This can include skill set up, gear, or pets (if applicable).

PLEASE NO DRAMA

Guilds

Guilds can be called "Alliances" or "Groups".
In these Guild (groups), players can ask other guild members for help, ask a question, or run maps together (Depending on your guild, it may be different)

Player Guides

Player Guides is the Sub-Forum where other forum-ers can write a guide (guides explain how to do something. This thread, for example, can be considered a guide) and post it in General Discussion for the game it relates to, then pm a Moderator to have it moved to the Player Guides Sub-Forum.

Note: You can't post directly to this sub-forum.

Traders' Market

Identify Which Game That Item Is For
Post In That Game's "Traders Market" sub-forum
Example:
If you are selling/buying an AL item, post in the "AL Traders Market";
If you are selling/buying an PL item, post in the "PL Traders Market"
If you are selling/buying an SL item, post in the "SL Traders Market"
If you are selling/buying an DL item, post in the "DL Traders Market"

Depending on the item, you will or might not get buyers/sellers

Tips
1. Do NOT bump threads
2. Trying to sell something that does not fit in the secure Trade Window has a chance of scam

Pets (Arcane Legends Only)

This Sub-Forum is related to Pets in Arcane Legends

In here, players can ask questions or find information about certain pets, such as
"What pet is good for Mage (Or Warrior or Rogue)" or "What is better: Singe or Glacian" etc.

Suggestions And FeedBack

This Sub-Forum is for giving suggestions that STS could look at and decide if they want to add it to the game.
This Sub-Forum is also for players who want to give their feedback on something in the game

Please use CONSTRUCTIVE criticism when giving feedback on something you don't like

Technical Issues and Bugs

This Sub-Forum is reserved for players that may come across issues when playing the game (examples: App crashes, can't connect to server etc.).
This Sub-Forum is also for players that may find bugs* when playing the game.

*For those who don't know what I mean by bugs,
I'm referring to computer/coding related bugs. Examples are: "When I buy an item, it does not appear in my inventory"; "If I switch from another app to this game, I cannot see what I'm writing")

When reporting bugs, please include what device you're using, along with the Operating System version (iOS 7.1, Android 4.4, MacOS 10.9, Windows 8 etc.) you are using.

Creative Corner Sub-Forum

Fan Art

What is the Fan Art Sub-Forum?

This Sub-Forum is for players who want to share their drawings of their characters, weapons they drawn, items etc.
Many Signature Artists also post their sig shop threads here. So if you want to add a signature, look through the sig shop threads. (if you don't know how to add signature

Fan Stories

Ever wanted to share a story thats related to the game?
Post here!

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Blogs

Blogs are similar to Articles on this forum, but All forumers are allowed to post to here. Blogs often times include in-game adventures, quotes from forum threads, etc.

How To Create A Blog
There are two ways of creating blogs.

If you want to directly turn a post from a thread to a Blog, at the bottom of the post, where it says "Blog This Post", click it, and your selected reply will be quoted and published as a blog.

OR

If you want to Write a blog entry, Click Community

Scroll Down, Click Blogs

Next, Click Create New Post

Next, Write your blog entry

After you finished writing your blog, you will have three options:
Save Draft: Your entry will be saved as a draft, which you can later edit then post
Preview: You can see a preview of what your blog entry will look like, once its posted. (Note: Clicking Preview does not Post the entry)
Post Now: Your blog entry is posted

Articles

Articles are similar, in way to Blogs, except that only STS staff can post to here (Currently, Spacetime Games is the only STS staff member that has posted entries to here)

Creating/Joining Forum Groups

Forum Groups are like "mini Sub-Forums" on this main STS forum.
There are setting which you can select when creating a group

Creating Forum Groups

This is what the forum group that I use to write guides looks like:

Group Category:
This basically means "What game is this group for?"
This will make searching for that group easier.

I listed mine as "uncategorized" which means, it does not apply to any One game.

There are 3 types of groups:
1. Invite Only= You can only join if the person that maintains that group invites you
2. Moderated= You can request to join the group, but the person that maintains the group MUST approve your request first, before you can join.
3. Public= Anyone can join, no request to join required.

There Are Two Options On Creating Threads (called "messages"):
1. The creator of the group can decide whether people within the group can post messages or not.
2. The creator can decide if people must join first to view content, or that anyone, in the group or not, can view the content.

Joining A Group:

1. Click on "Community", From the drop-down menu, click "Groups"

2. (This is my group) This is an example of a forum group

Notice how mine has two options: "Edit" and "Delete"
Because I maintain that group, I see those two options.

For people who are NOT the owner of that group, it will show buttons like this:
Or it may show nothing (if it is an invite only group)

Adding Quotes

Quotes work like this
Note: delete the space between the brackets "[" or "]" when writing quotes

[ quote=<Name Here> ]
This Is A Quote Of What Someone Said
[ /quote ]

It will be shown like this:

How Do I reply with quotes?
There are two ways to do that:

For quoting one (1) person: click the "Reply With Quote" button.
For quoting more than one (1) person: click the 103130 button to add quotes, then on the final person whom you are quoting, click the "Reply With Quote Button" to reply to those selected posts.

Adding Friends

There are two ways you can add friends.

The 1st way is to Send Another Forum-er a Friend Request.

Click "Add As Friend"
You have now sent a forum friend request to another forumer

The 2nd way is to Accept Another Forum-er's Friend Request.

You will have to click the check box next to their forum avatar, then click "Save Changes"
You are now friends with the other forumer.

The Ignore List

Sometimes on forums, you may come across someone who is being mean to you and you want to be able to ignore what they message you.

Step One:
Go to Settings

Step Two:
Scroll down and look at the menu on the left, click "Edit Ignore List"

Step Three:
Add the name of the person you want to ignore, then click "Ok"

Infractions/Bans

Bans mean that your ingame (or forum) account is not allowed to log in for X amount of time (ranges from 3 days to Forever)

How can I avoid a ban?
1. Follow the STS Terms of Service (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?385-Terms-of-Service), and STS Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules).

A few other rules (Applies to Forum and Ingame):
1. No profanity (meaning bad words) is allowed

2. Do NOT attempt to Scam others
Types of Scams: Guide to Scams HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed)
(Credits to Prynce (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?113259-Zylx))

3. Buying/Trading/Selling of accounts is NOT allowed.

Infractions are forum private messages that a STS Moderator sends to the user who had broken a Forum Rule.

It is considered a Warning and if the person continues to break rules, their account will be banned for a certain amount of time (from 1 day to Forever)

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Special Thanks To The Writers Of The Other Guides Linked To This Guide:

DocDoBig for his guide on: Forum Titles
Gluttony for his guide on: Forum Reputation
Obee for his guide on: Uploading Pictures, Adding Videos To Posts, Change Avatar Picture and the ChatBox
Kinzmet for his guide on: [Guide] Forum Editing Codes (BB Codes)
Zylx for his guide on: Guide: Scams, Avoiding Scams, and What to do if You are Scammed.

Special Thanks To Forum-ers Who Helped Improve This Guide

Xeusx
Ralchior
Radagan

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Updates:

2-12-16
Added Kinzmet's BB Code guide

4-21-15
Added information for Articles and Blogs

12-4-14
Added information about deleting attachments

12-3-14
Reorganized Post #1 to improve readability

12-2-14
Added information on sending/accepting friend requests

12-1-14
Added information on how to ignore other forum-ers

10-15-14
Added information about Administrators

10-7-14
Added information regarding infractions

9-27-14
Added information regarding bans

9-19-14
Re-organized "Forum Groups" section of Post #3 (for easier readability)

9-13-14
Corrected mistake in "Traders Market"

9-12-14
1. Added pictures for "Enabling Private Messaging On This Forum"
2. Completed "Adding Quotes"
3. Completed "Creating/Joining A Forum Group"

9-10-14
Improved Readability

9-4-14
1. Clarified certain points on guide, also making it easier to read
2. Added Peer's guide on BBCodes
3. Repositioned a few parts of the guide (so topics are related to other topics)

9-2-14
Thread Created

To-Do list

Info about Threads
Info about Forum Tournaments

If anyone has any ideas on what I should add, feel free to post them in this thread, and I will work on it as soon as possible (edits and added content may or may not be slow, based on what the topic is, also, depending on the amount of school work I have each day

Please Thank The Forum-ers (Listed in Post #4 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173370-New-To-Forums-Not-Sure-How-To-Do-Something-Read-This-Guide!#post1808107)) For Their Awesome Guides
:banana: Thank You! :banana:

Visiting
09-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Awesome job! Very comprehensive guide to forums, credits/links given, information all on aspects of the forums (except dem green bars, but Gluttony's guide covers that anyways). Lots of work went into this and it's definetly going to pay off, hopefully we won't see 10+ "noob" threads a day asking questions that this guide answers :D

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Awesome job! Very comprehensive guide to forums, credits/links given, information all on aspects of the forums (except dem green bars, but Gluttony's guide covers that anyways). Lots of work went into this and it's definetly going to pay off, hopefully we won't see 10+ "noob" threads a day asking questions that this guide answers :D

Thanks Ralchior!

btw, I made a link to Gluttony's thread on reputation bars

Visiting
09-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I noticed there was nothing mentioning the Chat Box?

Schnitzel
09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I noticed there was nothing mentioning the Chat Box?

See the link for Obee's thread "<Guide> to AL Forums"

Lizzz
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Very helpful guide! Thank you!

obee
09-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Good guide XD

Rvtz
09-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Nice

Thefireofic
09-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Wow that answered so many questions that i had. Cool guide!

Xeusx
09-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Hey Ruizhe, let me improve your post, so your guide will be much better.

Currently Under Construction

​New To Spacetime Studios Forums? Not Sure How To Do Something? Read This

Note: To Make Finding The Answer Faster, Click on The Spoiler Button That Contains The Topic Of What You Are Trying To Find

^ use [ hr ] and [/ hr ] with no space.

Why Are Some Names Green or Red?
The Green names mean that that forum-er is a Moderator.
Some of the Moderators on the Spacetime Studios Forum include: Arpluvial, Remiem, Seoratrek, Zhando

The Red names mean that that forum-er is a Developer.
Some of the Developers on the Spacetime Studios include: JustG, Samhayne, Thade, Null_Void, ALottaBit, VroomIGoRealFast, G-M, Carapace and many others.

==================================================
^ Replace this with [ hr ] and [/ hr ] with no space, much better line.

Why Do Some People Have "Senior Member" or "Super Moderator" Under Their Name?

Forum Titles Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?136239-Forum-Titles-%28Guide%29)

Credits: DocDoBig (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?79789-DocDoBig)

Reputation Bars and The "thanked X times in Y posts"

For the Guide on Reputation Bars, Click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844-Guide-Reputation-system)
Credits to Gluttony (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?40849-Gluttony) for this Guide
Again, put this line with [ hr ] and [/ hr ] with no space, much better line.

What does it mean by "Thanked X times in Y posts"?
This basically means that you have been thanked a total of X times in Y total posts
Sometimes, the X amount is greater than the Y amount.
This is because sometimes when you write a post, more than one person can click the "Thanks" button on your post
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6840/img1153.png
In this picture,
-If you click the Thanks button, you will add +2 points to the other user's total reputation points.
-If you click the Green Thumb Icon, you will add Reputation Points to that player (depending on Your total reputation points, you may add more or less points than a "Thanks" button's amount. Your Reputation Power increases as you get more reputation points)
again, put this with [ hr ] and [/ hr ] with no space, much better line.
Whats that "!" button do?
That button is this forum's Report Function. It is used for things such as: Reporting threads/posts that break the STS Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules). It can also be used to move threads that are placed in the wrong sub-forum, to the correct sub-forum.

Need help Uploading Pictures? Adding Videos To Posts? Change Avatar Picture? Whats the ChatBox?

See This Guide: <Guide> to AL Forums (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172746-lt-Guide-gt-to-AL-forums)

Credits to: Obee (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?118197-obee)

again, put this with [ hr ] and [/ hr ] with no space, much better line.

Want To Learn How To Use BBCodes?
See This Guide: [Guide] How To use BBCodes (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?149155-Guide-How-to-use-BBCodes!)
Credits to: Peer (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?118223-Peer)

Reporting Other Players InGame

The reason I say this is because: sometimes, forum-ers call out other players on forums.

example: "PlayerA scammed me 100k, Here's the screenshots"

Do not write those threads as it will be locked or deleted by a STS moderator or developer.
The correct thing to do is to email the screenshots and any other information you have to support@spacetimestudios.com

Enabling Private Messaging On This Forum

Requirements:
10+ Forum Posts

You Can ONLY enable this feature when using the STS full website (Tapatalk might not allow you to do this)
1. On the Top Right side of your screen, Click "Settings"
<Add Settings Picture Here>

2. Scroll Down to Where It Says "My Account" (Located on the LEFT of the screen), Click "General Settings"
<Add General Settings Button Here>

3. From There, Find where it says "Private Messaging"
Click "Private Messaging On" To be able to Send and Recieve Private Messages. Click "Private Messaging Off" If you DON'T want to use the Forum Private Messaging feature.
The only person/people that see your message is you, and whoever you sent the message to.

How Do I Change My Forum Name?

To change your forum name,
PM one of the Moderators and ask to change your forum name to another name (please include the new name)

NOTE: After It Is Changed, The New Name Will Be What You Use To Log Into Forums

How to Upload a Signature and Add texts, spoilers, links, and more!

Click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?141702-Guide-about-the-forum-signature-text-box) To Learn How!

My texts are in purple color, your welcome.

Zylx
09-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Awesome guide, Ruizhe!

Schnitzel
09-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Hey Ruizhe, let me improve your post, so your guide will be much better.
My texts are in purple color, your welcome.

thanks Xeusx,

Added/Edited

Boogyy
09-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Ty!

intizamfamily888
09-11-2014, 07:07 AM
This guides help me so much thx to all who took the time to write this amazing guides.

Schnitzel
09-12-2014, 10:54 PM
This guides help me so much thx to all who took the time to write this amazing guides.

you're welcome!
thanks for replying

radagan
10-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Nice guide,but there is one mistake remiem is a community manager not mod

Schnitzel
10-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Nice guide,but there is one mistake Remiem is a community manager not mod

hm...I'll have to ask..
(at the time i wrote this, because she has a green name, i placed her name with the Mods)

TheComboKid
02-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Can I add a thread to something like a favourite folder so that I can come back and read what about what i need?

Schnitzel
02-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Can I add a thread to something like a favourite folder so that I can come back and read what about what i need?

You mean as in adding a thread to favorites?

I'm not sure if there is a feature for that on forums,
you could take the thread URL, and copy paste them onto your computer's notepad

jioleca
03-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Nice guide

Scythwarlord
03-18-2015, 05:32 AM
thanks for the guide!

thamiizh
04-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Nice guide for forum newbies by the way y chat box havn't appear in my forum,. i know its out of toppic to post here but i couldn't able to make a new thread until i post more than 10 numbers and i couldn't able to send private message community manager Remiem

here is the screenshot hope i can also do a chat in chat box129576

Schnitzel
04-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Nice guide for forum newbies by the way y chat box havn't appear in my forum,. i know its out of toppic to post here but i couldn't able to make a new thread until i post more than 10 numbers and i couldn't able to send private message community manager Remiem

here is the screenshot hope i can also do a chat in chat box129576

I think the chatbox will appear after you've reached 10 posts
I believe that function was added so that spambots cannot spam the chatbox

If when you reach 10 posts and cannot PM nor use that chatbox,
reply here and I can send a PM to Remiem to see if she can help you with this

Welcome to forums :D

Bameely
04-16-2015, 03:17 AM
hi, sorry can I know i just posted a new thread under Rogue Class but why I cannot find my post?

Schnitzel
04-16-2015, 07:01 PM
hi, sorry can I know i just posted a new thread under Rogue Class but why I cannot find my post?

You can click on your Profile, then somewhere in the middle of there will be a log of the most recent posts that you and/or friends have posted within a certain time frame

Here's your thread:

and here's the link to your thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?222744-Please-need-your-help-Advice-Thank-u!

Ultanub
04-26-2015, 09:25 AM
I have to post 10 times :p

Bameely
07-15-2015, 02:10 AM
Can I know how to imbed a video in a thread (not just a link) ?

Schnitzel
07-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Can I know how to imbed a video in a thread (not just a link) ?

The BBCode to do this is:
[ video=youtube; video code] (full URL goes here) [/ video]
delete the spaces and the part where I wrote "video code" and "(full URL goes here)"

Here's an example, posted from Bilaxman's video guide thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiJFge0FDI

Appreciate
07-20-2015, 03:36 AM
still confused

Schnitzel
07-20-2015, 02:47 PM
still confused

Confused about what?

afterllife
09-09-2015, 04:53 PM
thannkss very informative

09-11-2015, 10:15 PM
very helpful! thanks :D

Galisnik
10-16-2015, 02:34 PM
good guide thanks

WeeklyG4
10-21-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm just here to give stuff away

zulpang
10-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Hmmk i member new

Insolate
11-17-2015, 12:17 PM
looks helpful but the buttons are not functioning for me im not quite sure why

Schnitzel
11-17-2015, 07:51 PM
looks helpful but the buttons are not functioning for me im not quite sure why

I'm guessing you are probably accessing this thread either via the old STS forum app (vB), or are on a mobile browser, viewing it in a mobile view.
Try switching to desktop, or to a physical laptop/desktop.

If that doesn't work,
which buttons are you trying to click?
I can manually re-type it here if you need

Arun Singh
11-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Hey I am new here...
When I try to post new thread it says your post should be 10.
Please make me understand..

Schnitzel
11-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Hey I am new here...
When I try to post new thread it says your post should be 10.
Please make me understand..

You need 10 posts to other people's threads (and please do not spam your next 7 on this thread), in order for you to start your own threads

Hazzax
01-12-2016, 02:33 AM
Thanks so much

Zessa
01-18-2016, 02:17 AM
Great, been looking for this

instasmash
02-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Thanks for that

Sandeeep
04-08-2016, 01:39 PM
how to make a thread i would like to sell an item in AL (arcane legends) i dont know how.. a step to step guide with pictures and circles will help thank you

i made my account yesterday

Att
04-08-2016, 03:28 PM
There is trading option in menu or sell from auction at bases.

Schnitzel
04-08-2016, 05:10 PM
how to make a thread i would like to sell an item in AL (arcane legends) i dont know how.. a step to step guide with pictures and circles will help thank you

i made my account yesterday

10 posts needed to post threads.
Find AL Traders Market sub forum
Click "Create Thread"
then add details and a title.

for AL (In game),
go to Travelers Outpost, Kraag, Stronghold, Kelys, Garetta, Expedition Camp, or Glintstone
and find a NPC with a hammer icon on his head.
Click him, then click the "Sell" tab
Find the item you want to sell
set the price, and click that green button at the bottom of the screen.

Sandeeep
04-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Im a lvl 46 rogue selling 40legendary weps at once... ik how to use ingame auction... i want to know how to make the thread u see in the traders market sub forum.... it says i have to make 10 posts..... what are posts?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

wangkj
04-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Im a lvl 46 rogue selling 40legendary weps at once... ik how to use ingame auction... i want to know how to make the thread u see in the traders market sub forum.... it says i have to make 10 posts..... what are posts?

posts are what you are doing right now. As of now you hve three posts. Once you reach 10 posts, you can then create your own thread

Sandeeep
04-08-2016, 11:00 PM
posts are what you are doing right now. As of now you hve three posts. Once you reach 10 posts, you can then create your own thread
Can i just spam " post count making " abt 10 times in forums...? Or would i create trouble... i would do it in different threads so as to no make multiple post in one thread disturbing others

Schnitzel
04-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Can i just spam " post count making " abt 10 times in forums...? Or would i create trouble... i would do it in different threads so as to no make multiple post in one thread disturbing others

Just go into the Forum Games sub-forum, and play those forum games.
You'll get 10 posts easily.

Solihin Ahmad
04-15-2016, 12:58 PM

latoz
04-18-2016, 02:48 AM
Thanks alot very helpful guide :)

Feotanaor
05-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Can't press on the button,and when I press it,it shows nothing

Schnitzel
05-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Can't press on the button,and when I press it,it shows nothing

Doesn't work on the mobile version of the website sorry :/
switch to the "View as Desktop" option.

Hack™
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Ty this is very helpful

Dopefx
06-10-2016, 10:41 AM
what's the best way to make gold after purchasing platinum?

Rukiaice AL
07-28-2016, 04:54 PM
I am new in forum and this guide help me a lot :)

Gianakrebu
03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Thankyou for guide

Hit
04-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Found this guide very useful thanks!

grabber00
05-02-2017, 06:37 AM
ty to this info

exxTz
06-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Awesome guide bro! :D We can learn so much about this guide ( I'm a new forumer too :D )

tahtto007
08-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Can guide me what to do in order to get private messages in this forum and why i cant post any thread in the forum. This showed up when i was trying to post something.

To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater.

You currently have 0 posts.

Cliqu
08-22-2017, 12:15 PM
Uhh Thanks.

asibiasasin
08-26-2017, 02:14 PM
yeah , true

Reoz
12-03-2017, 09:33 PM
This help me alot ty

Jausacerr
12-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Thank you for the great guide.

Icyfiry
12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
thx for the guide

FabitoAL
12-31-2017, 02:44 AM
Alguien habla español

Reywin27
03-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Hi guys I’m new to AL but I’m having a problem in game my IGN Preyaa. I created a legion called ‘ Beat the Bastards’ still new legion But today my legion disappeared do you guys know why ? Or this is part of the updates that you guys are working on ?
Happy gaming

Kystone
03-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Thanks for guide

azersXD
06-29-2018, 01:28 PM
ty for all the information ly bro <3

Seraphinefia
08-12-2018, 04:09 AM
Can anyone tell me how to tag a previous msg. Sry I'm New to forum

crJpple
08-12-2018, 07:57 AM
IGNs:

JOLF • Warrior.Leveling • PvE
ZLUG • Sorcerer.Farming • Jewels
EOOD • Rogue.Versus • PvP

🔪🔫🏹

Zuluram
08-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Hi im new player

Airborn_Guild
08-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Welcome to arlor zuluram :)

Militarizm
05-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Thanks bro. Good

FlareGhost
01-29-2020, 02:56 AM
Just getting to 10 posts real quick

CHAOSSS
01-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Nice guide i like it +1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Zejtonpl
02-20-2020, 09:53 AM
Fajny przewodnik

xkadoodle
02-27-2020, 01:46 AM
Put your hand in mine

Vulcainx
02-28-2020, 07:04 AM
Ooh thank you, after 5 years i will understand a lot of things lol

sliberius
04-01-2020, 10:50 PM
nice txn admin

sliberius
04-01-2020, 10:52 PM
me too since 2015

Misterlowkey
04-02-2020, 06:56 AM
Hi, how to make a post? Is that possible?

Misterlowkey
04-02-2020, 06:58 AM
Hi, how to make a post? Is that possible?

I mean how to make a discussion in adroid?

Shininami
05-04-2020, 09:26 PM
@@ even forum is so complicated

Yrufine
06-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Thank u so much

Advocacies
06-27-2020, 08:08 AM
Just here for 10 post

goodmorningbans01
06-27-2020, 08:02 PM
10 post!

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

goodmorningbans01
06-27-2020, 08:05 PM
203222 10 post again

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Trinitite
06-28-2020, 11:43 PM
Great this is rly great

Trinitite
06-28-2020, 11:45 PM
i need 9 more posts

Iamwizardiri
06-30-2020, 11:14 AM
10 postttttt

Iamwizardiri
06-30-2020, 11:19 AM
need 6 post

Monofilament
07-07-2020, 07:18 AM
That clears things up. Thanks.

Xbellatrixxx
07-12-2020, 05:23 AM
Blogs

Blogs are similar to Articles on this forum, but All forumers are allowed to post to here. Blogs often times include in-game adventures, quotes from forum threads, etc.

How To Create A Blog
There are two ways of creating blogs.

If you want to directly turn a post from a thread to a Blog, at the bottom of the post, where it says "Blog This Post", click it, and your selected reply will be quoted and published as a blog.

OR

If you want to Write a blog entry, Click Community

Scroll Down, Click Blogs

Next, Click Create New Post

Next, Write your blog entry

After you finished writing your blog, you will have three options:
Save Draft: Your entry will be saved as a draft, which you can later edit then post
Preview: You can see a preview of what your blog entry will look like, once its posted. (Note: Clicking Preview does not Post the entry)
Post Now: Your blog entry is posted

Articles

Articles are similar, in way to Blogs, except that only STS staff can post to here (Currently, Spacetime Games is the only STS staff member that has posted entries to here)

Creating/Joining Forum Groups

Forum Groups are like "mini Sub-Forums" on this main STS forum.
There are setting which you can select when creating a group

Creating Forum Groups

This is what the forum group that I use to write guides looks like:

Group Category:
This basically means "What game is this group for?"
This will make searching for that group easier.

I listed mine as "uncategorized" which means, it does not apply to any One game.

There are 3 types of groups:
1. Invite Only= You can only join if the person that maintains that group invites you
2. Moderated= You can request to join the group, but the person that maintains the group MUST approve your request first, before you can join.
3. Public= Anyone can join, no request to join required.

There Are Two Options On Creating Threads (called "messages"):
1. The creator of the group can decide whether people within the group can post messages or not.
2. The creator can decide if people must join first to view content, or that anyone, in the group or not, can view the content.

Joining A Group:

1. Click on "Community", From the drop-down menu, click "Groups"

2. (This is my group) This is an example of a forum group

Notice how mine has two options: "Edit" and "Delete"
Because I maintain that group, I see those two options.

For people who are NOT the owner of that group, it will show buttons like this:
Or it may show nothing (if it is an invite only group)

Adding Quotes

Quotes work like this
Note: delete the space between the brackets "[" or "]" when writing quotes

[ quote=<Name Here> ]
[ /quote ]

It will be shown like this:

How Do I reply with quotes?
There are two ways to do that:

For quoting one (1) person: click the "Reply With Quote" button.
For quoting more than one (1) person: click the 103130 button to add quotes, then on the final person whom you are quoting, click the "Reply With Quote Button" to reply to those selected posts.

Adding Friends

There are two ways you can add friends.

The 1st way is to Send Another Forum-er a Friend Request.

Click "Add As Friend"
You have now sent a forum friend request to another forumer

The 2nd way is to Accept Another Forum-er's Friend Request.

You will have to click the check box next to their forum avatar, then click "Save Changes"
You are now friends with the other forumer.

The Ignore List

Sometimes on forums, you may come across someone who is being mean to you and you want to be able to ignore what they message you.

Step One:
Go to Settings

Step Two:
Scroll down and look at the menu on the left, click "Edit Ignore List"

Step Three:
Add the name of the person you want to ignore, then click "Ok"

Infractions/Bans

Bans mean that your ingame (or forum) account is not allowed to log in for X amount of time (ranges from 3 days to Forever)

How can I avoid a ban?
1. Follow the STS Terms of Service (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?385-Terms-of-Service), and STS Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules).

A few other rules (Applies to Forum and Ingame):
1. No profanity (meaning bad words) is allowed

2. Do NOT attempt to Scam others
Types of Scams: Guide to Scams HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed)
(Credits to Prynce (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?113259-Zylx))

3. Buying/Trading/Selling of accounts is NOT allowed.

Infractions are forum private messages that a STS Moderator sends to the user who had broken a Forum Rule.

It is considered a Warning and if the person continues to break rules, their account will be banned for a certain amount of time (from 1 day to Forever)

I’m very new to using the forums, and first I want to thank you for this very helpful guide!

I have a question about blogs. I really want to start a blog, however when I follow the instructions listed above, I do not see any options to create or post a new blog. Do I need to meet the 10 post reply requirement to be able to post a blog too? Do I need to create a blog somehow? I’ve looked all through the forums since I created my account and I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Iamwizardiri
07-21-2020, 02:37 AM
5 posttttttttt

gigi
07-21-2020, 05:09 AM
need 10 posts

alexkousherian1
07-30-2020, 11:20 AM
10th post https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200730/57912dff108f0cd8d35c7c81f4bc73fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Tapatalk

caabakribak
07-31-2020, 10:33 AM
I need 10 posts yo create a tread

caabakribak
07-31-2020, 10:35 AM
So if you dont mind

caabakribak
07-31-2020, 10:37 AM
I am going to

caabakribak
07-31-2020, 10:39 AM