PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Fibus
09-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone!

First, an introduction: I'm Fibus and I'm a Senior Game Designer here at Spacetime. I've been here for about a year now and in that time, I've worked on many of the AL features that you have all enjoyed. Going forward, I hope to continue that trend. One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

Over the last 2 years, Arcane Legends has grown and developed with tons of new content and changes. Now, we are taking the time to look back at what we have done and see how we can improve. As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140017-Regarding-the-Current-Arcane-Legends-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

So, we would love for you all to tell us what you like or dislike about your class' skills. Providing any explanations with your answers would be extremely helpful!

What class do you primarily play?
What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages :) )
Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)

notfaded1
09-03-2014, 01:24 PM
heya Fibus
primarily rogue... and shadow storm shot is useless for one. I primarily use Aimed shot 5/5, nox 5/5, veil 4/5 no combust, and traps 4/5 no explode but also have Shadow Pierce unlocked just for timed runs.

Arachnophobik
09-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi Fibus! Im Arachnophobik, a warrior.
I use skyward smash, chest splitter, vengeful blood and horn of renew for pve and for pvp; i tend to adapt to the situation. I either use the same that i use on pve or i replace venge with juggernaut.
Likes: the survivability with juggernaut, juggernauts anti-movenent impairment effects, vengeful blood buffs, chest splitter feeble.
Dislikes: juggernaut bug (gets rooted by mage's myth gun proc), juggernaut's heal (at 25%) supposedly healing lower (considering the long cooldown and that rogues can crit throut it a lot i think it shud be a bit higher than how it is now).
Overall i still dig the skills. Theyre nice. I dont want a 5th skill slot as of now, but if the new skills are released, i bet we will all be in dire need of a fifth one.

quzz
09-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Greetings Fibus! I am an mage and i use 3/5 fireball, 2/5 lifegiver, 3/5 timeshift, and 4/5 arcane shield

I like every skill for mage except skills upgrades, the push back upgrade when you charge arcane shield, mobs around you get pushed back an little. That dosent really matter since the mobs can still attack you, i suggest you change it into like additional 2-3 seconds of duration or make the armor of the shield an little tiny bit stronger since rogues with arcane ring/elon bow and samael can still one shot us because we are so underpowered!

Candylicks
09-03-2014, 02:05 PM
What class do you primarily play? Mage

What are your current builds for PvE?
4/5 Fireball (no scorch)
4/5 Light (no shock)
4/5 Ice (no shatter)
4/5 Shield (no wave)
4/5 Clock (no explode)

5/5 Crit, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Int, 5/5 HP

I like fireball/ice/clock combo to work the mobs in elites. I swap clock to light on bosses and it hits well when it crits. Shield is my friend too, one of the best skills in an end game PvE mage build.

Curse never used because I am not a PvP player. Wind I tend to blow my mage across the map on accident so I stay away from that. Heal was OK to lvl with, but useless in elites so I don't use anymore. What is the point of the heal causing aggro? It really makes no sense why a mage would want to bring any more aggro onto itself than necessary.

Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)

I would like to see a 5th slot enabled. It's difficult for me to stop and swap out light for clock at a boss and would be great to have both at my fingertips. Also, yes mage could use a boost with shield. We have no dodge and you guys have many PvE maps with wonky red zones. Either increase the duration of shield or decrease the cool down. It makes no sense how you can keep dropping clock but not popping shield, the timing doesn't feel right with these two skills that really need to work together in elites.

Also, you know the passives have issues. Once we figured out the single damage modifier rule many of us specc'd out of damage in both mage and rogue. How about addressing this in the new skill revamp?

jiph
09-03-2014, 02:09 PM
More skill slots

Jurmans
09-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Uhmm im a lvl 7 twink warrior that doesn't want to tell his build, hope you guys come up with smthn cool though:).

Haligali
09-03-2014, 03:36 PM
hey, check pve tips in my signature.

ps.: i think sorcerer class really need a skill/subskill, which removes movement-impairing effects like the unstoppable subskill on warriors juggernaut or the spinning freedom on rogues razor shield upgrade .

and oh, the increased duration upgrade nullfies the spinning freedom, it worth a look, and the unlocked rising death cause less damage on shadow pierce.

UndeadJudge
09-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I'll post a couple of deserted skills and upgrades that many of us would like to see changed.

-Rogues:

Shadow Storm Shot - Does super low damage, high cooldown, and is not auto aim. Perhaps a damage buff, such as the critical upgrade could be increased by at least 50-75%. And maybe reduce the cooldown by a second or two.

Noxious Bolt - The skill is great, the issue is the Serrated Arrowhead upgrade does not add 15% damage as it should. It adds no damage whatsoever, as Zeus posted in his thread "Rogue's Tips and Tricks".

Warriors:

-Skyward Smash: again, a great skill but its Effortless Execution is a worthless upgrade. It returns hardly any mana, and warriors already have Vengeful Blood to restore most of their mana. I don't play warrior as much, so someone else could give a replacement suggestion.

-Rally Cry: This skill is only used in some timed runs and Jarl runs to farm locks. The armor increase isn't noticeable and IMO is a waste of a skill.

Sorcerers: Here's where things need to change a bit. I'll leave a couple of my own suggestions, but bottom line is something needs to change.

Gale Force: useless skill. I've tried to like it but simply can't. Its only use is running away and flagging in ctf. It does super low damage, and the grade that sends you flying (forgot name) is suicide in PvE.

Lifegiver: Needs a revamp. Bad. It's almost useless on us squishy sorcerers since by the time we need it, we die anyway. Also, the health and mana regen upgrades are completely useless and are total wastes of 2 slots. The heal is very low, getting me max 60% back, while my rogue can heal 100% and warriors have an amazing HoT and protective shield.

Frost Bolt- Ice patch upgrade is terrible and wastes a slot, pretty good skill otherwise.

Sorcerers are supposed to be the support class, right? Well in PvP, the only supporting we do is curse and our awful heal. In fact at many levels, sorcerers are a hinderance to the team, and are swapped for rogues or warriors in PvP.

Lastly, Passives. The % Passives are almost all useless since they are overriden by higher pet % boosts. Like slag, it's a great pet but makes my speed and damage Passives useless.

Thanks for the thread by the way, we were all hoping for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAK Vader
09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi, I use random skill sets that even I don't understand, for warrior sorcerer AND rogue

obee
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm obee, and I think you guys should implement path skills, one build just for PVe and one just for pvp

Instanthumor
09-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey Fibus :) great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!

Madnex
09-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Brace yourselves, long detailed post incoming.

Rogue (& Sorcerer, will later post on that).

What are your current builds for PvE? PvP?

PvE:
1/5 -- Shadow Pierce
3/5 -- Noxious Bolt, no 6 targets, no 15% impact
3/5 -- Shadow Veil, no explosion, no 15% damage
3/5 -- Entangling Traps, no explosion, no bleed
4/5 -- Razor Shield, no bleed

5/5 -- Aimed Shot

5/5 Agility
5/5 Might
5/5 Knowledge

3/5 Critical Shot
3/5 Durable

PvP:
2/5 -- Shadow Pierce, just 10% heal upgrade
1/5 -- Noxious Bolt, just unlock
3/5 -- Shadow Veil, no explosion, no 15% damage
2/5 -- Razor Shield, just stun immunity

5/5 -- Aimed Shot
5/5 -- Medic Packs

5/5 Agility
5/5 Might
5/5 Knowledge

4/5 Critical Shot
3/5 Durable

There's not much room for preference here since currently picking the wrong skills makes you a weaker Rogue but I prefer Shadow Veil over Entangling Traps, mostly. I'm beginning to favor Razor Shield over Shadow Veil because in elites we can already do just fine even without the 20% armor buff while Razor's 20% dodge is a lifesaver in tough spots and an excellent tool that allows rogues to park mobs.

-Apart from passive damage which is useless since almost all the good pets already have 10%+ (which overrides the 5% from passive) and passive speed which, besides the reason we just mentioned, is also not making any considerable difference worthy of five skill points... then the skills/upgrades I dislike would be all of the non-working or glitched ones.

-Entangling Traps are a mess IMO. This thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160069) explains why and has some nice suggestions on how to improve them. Also, this one (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137039-Exploding-traps).

-Shadow Storm Shot has extremely low AoE damage even with all the damage upgrades unlocked. On top of that it has no auto-aim -- not worth considering for any type of build.

You can find all of the glitched ones on the last three spoilers of this thread. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158141-Complete-list-of-current-bugs)

Ebezaanec
09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
I primarily play a warrior and sometimes a mage

-The juggernaut bug should be addressed (removing movement impairment)
-I would also like to to see an upgrade to rally cry so it won't just be used for flagging or jarl runs.

For mage

-The heal needs an overhaul. Attracting aggro is not good for mage and the laughable regen upgrades are a waste
-I think the "displacement wave" upgrade for shield should be swapped for something more useful like a temporary armor boost after the shield runs out
-Like someone else mentioned, frost bolt's ice patch upgrade should be revamped. Not many enemies are killed with frost anyways

Rhaindra
09-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi Fibus.. :) Hmm.. looking so serious.. ya :D . I'm use warrior. Make it usefull in PVE. Yes in elite map. Sometime rogue and mage ignore us bcs we only slow maker for them.

Fauksuras
09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi there

I use both Rogue and Warrior so I will answer Rogue first then Warrior. Both are level 41

Rogue

Current build

Pierce 1/5
Aimed Shot 5/5
Noxious Bolt 5/5
Combat Medic 5/5
Veil 4/5 (no decay)

Rest of the points are used in Passives

I like using those skills because

Pierce: Good for PVP as a finisher, killing some mobs in regular PVE and moving faster in maps. Awful in elite though
Noxious Bolt: Everything about this is good specially the fact it stacks over and over.
Aimed shot: Everything is good, too good, to the point it's a no brainer and makes everyone pretty much have the same build. Every upgrade synergizes well
Combat Medic: Great for PVP and every upgrade synergizes well with each other. Has uses in Elite
Veil: Good except for one upgrade (will discuss in a bit), works great in every aspect of them game (even in PVP if you can manage to have cover and fight on your terms)

Skills I dont like using and why
Entangling trap: I found most of its good upgrades very heavily based in procs to make it worthwhile or reliable. Basically great effects but not controllable or able to be done at will, now thats fine for a weapon but not on a skill that is occupying 25% of the things you can contribute to a fight or a run.

Decaying combustion (and similar effect in traps): Useless, damage is negligible, why does this exist? Maybe a similar effect to mage fireball(even if not as damaging) and it could bw worth something.

Shadow Storm Shot: this skill is just bad, no redeeming qualities, has to be aimed, awful damage and no good effects. It simply looks "cool", when I see somebody running with this skill I know 100% I dont want them on my party.

Razor shield : Honestly everything about it is good but it has a downfall, it requires you to be in the middle of the action or in suicidal mode, so it's not very useful in elites IMO because you want to be as far as possible from red zones or outside huge groups of mobs and in PVP distance dominates, rogues like kiting.

Warrior

Skyward Smash 2/5, just the stun
Whirlwind 3/5, Just the extra damage and extra durationn
Horn 5/5
Chest Splitter Extra damage, enfeeble
Juggernaut 5/5
Vengeful Blood 5/5

What I dont use and why.

Skywayrd Smash: the mana back sounds useful on paper but if you have Vengeful or pots its pretty redundant and ,again, not guaranteed. The extra targets/radius I had it once but barely noticed it
Whirlwind: Cripple isnt that good and cant remember the other upgrade hehe
Chest Splitter : the explosion didn't impress me
Axe Throw : not bad I just feel this is a PVP skill for warriors focused on getting kills and not actually on tanking/team fighting.
Rally Cry : only good to farm jarl, tried it once, honestly not worth it, specially on the harder maps now.

Additional Notes

Juggernaut needs some sort of tweaking IMO, it used to be terrific for elite (sacrificing an attack slot for extra survibability and taunt) but now the upgrade that heals you when you go below 25% isn't very worth it with the stronger mobs and in PVP rogues running with 50%+ crit.

Hope it helps

Energizeric
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Before I answer the survey, I'd just like to say that I think the biggest thing you could do to help with the skill system is to disclose more about how various skills work. Right now much of it is a mystery and many of us are confused which skills upgrades actually work in PvP or only in PvE, and many of the descriptions are very vague. I'll give more details below...

Sorcerer

PvE for tombs: Fireball, Time Shift, Gale Force, Lifegiver

PvE for elites: Fireball, Lightning, Time Shift, Shield

PvE for arena/bosses: Fireball, Lightning, Frost, Shield

PvP: Frost, Lightning, Curse, Shield

Fireball
Engulf - good upgrade (I wouldn't change this one)
Ignite - good upgrade (I wouldn't change this one)
Impact - good upgrade (I wouldn't change this one)
Scorch - does this upgrade work in PvP or is this a PvE only skill? Just as the pet description for Samael explains that banish does not work in PvP, I think it would be nice if the skill upgrade descriptions also gave similar information.

Lightning Strike
Empowered Bolt - good upgrade
Electrical Discharge - this upgrade would be more useful if the percentages of triggering it were higher. As it is, most lightning strike attacks will not kill the target, so the real chance of triggering the effect is much less than the stated 15%/25%. Perhaps this effect should be triggered 15%/25% of the time regardless of whether the main target is killed by the attack. That would make this a much more useful upgrade.
Positive Surge - good upgrade
Shock - again, 25% just is not enough of a chance to make this a worthwhile upgrade, especially since Fireball has a much higher stun chance, and with stun immunity in PvP, you can only stun the target so often. This would be more useful if it were a 40% stun rate or perhaps if some other debuff was added along with the 25% stun rate.

Gale Force - this is probably the least used sorcerer skill, and I will explain why below...
Outward Squall - see below
Protective Current - see below
Speed of Wind - see below
Weighted Wind - good upgrade

Regarding Outward Squall, Protective Current, and Speed of Wind, these upgrades by themselves are all fine, except they do not function well together. For Gale Force to be a useful skill, I have to be able to use the speed burst at times when I'm trying to save time (such as flagging or running back to the boss after dying), but I also have to be able to use the AoE attack (Outward Squall) and the armor boost (Protective Current) when fighting in elites WITHOUT the speed burst. The problem here is the way these upgrades are laid out, if you charge the skill you get the AoE attack, armor boost AND the speed burst. If you don't charge, then you don't get any of them. Unlike all other sorcerer skills, this is the one skill where having all the upgrades makes it NOT be useful. So depending on which upgrades you take, it becomes a skill that is not useful in multiple areas.

So here is my suggestion on how to change the upgrades:

Outward Squall - this upgrade should trigger AoE attack whether or not the skill is charged.
Protective Current - this upgrade should trigger the armor boost whether or not the skill is charged.
Speed of Wind - this upgrade does not need to be changed provided that Outward Squall and Protective Current are changed as stated above.

Frost Bolt
Ice Welder - even though the description says there is only a 20% chance of this happening, it seems to happen almost 100% of the time. I suggest the description be changed to indicate what this upgrade really does. But other than that, this upgrade is fine as is.
Jagged Ice - good upgrade
Shiver - good upgrade (please clarify if this works in PvP or only in PvE)
Arctic Shatter - the least useful upgrade of any sorcerer skill - as with the Electrical Discharge upgrade to Lightning Strike, the chance of triggering this is so low because most attacks do not kill the target. To make this useful I suggest making it trigger 20% of the time regardless of whether the target is killed.

Arcane Shield
Extended Shield - good upgrade
Displacement Wave - not a very useful upgrade, in fact I don't know anyone who uses this upgrade. Most sorcerers lead with their shield into the battle, so no enemies are near them when they charge the shield. How about instead if enemies that attack you while your charged shield is up (any time during the 15 seconds) have a 20% chance of triggering the displacement wave which would then push everyone back at that time.
Static Resonance - good upgrade, but needs some clarification. Does this upgrade increase the damage reduction from 30% to 45%? Or does it increase the 30% amount by 15% resulting in 34.5%? Please make the description more clear.
Hardened Shielding - good upgrade

Time Shift
Dodge and Death - good upgrade, but unclear if the dodge reduction works in PvP, please clarify
Time Bomb - this upgrade would be more useful if the damage done by it was higher and closer to the damage of a regular attack. As is the damage is barely noticeable.
Countdown of Pain - good upgrade
Freeze Time - good upgrade for PvE, but seems to not do anything in PvP. Please clarify what effect, if any, this does in PvP. My opinion is that in PvP it should not stun, but should cause targets to be slowed even more than they already are by Time Shift without this upgrade. But this must be explained in the skill description.

Curse
Words of Weakening - problem with this is that it seems to lower the damage inflicted, but also the damage reflected back at the target. It should do the first, but not the second. This upgrade needs to be changed or else it is not useful as the whole point of curse is to reflect the damage.
Penetrating Curse - good upgrade
Lingering Curse - good upgrade
Sweeping Curse - good upgrade, and while it explains that the amount of affected targets is increased by 2, the main skill never says how many targets are affected by this skill without this upgrade. Same for range, this upgrade claims to increase the range by 2 meters, but the skill never states what the range is without this upgrade. Please add this info to the main skill description.

Lifegiver
Increased Ranged - I think to make this upgrade more useful, the range should be increased to be 10 meters, not 8. 8 is not enough of an increase to make it worthwhile, and often times players on your team are not close enough.
Empower - good upgrade
Regrowth - see below
Recharge Mana - see below

For Regrowth and Recharge Mana, I think instead of a fixed regen amount like 10 health/sec or 5 mana/sec, it needs to be a percentage increase, otherwise as we go up to higher levels it becomes useless, and if you make it higher to be useful at higher levels then it will be OP at lower levels. Instead how about the regen be 3% per second for both health and mana, meaning you get 30% over 10 seconds. Then it would actually become useful at end game.

As for what to do going forward, I think more passive upgrades need to be added. I suggest an 8th passive which is "health" and boosts heath 100 points for each skill point, and I suggest a total of 7 points allowed for each passive. This will solve the current problem that we have too many skill points and not enough places to put them all. It will also give end game players some extra health which I think we all agree is needed considering the current "one shot and dead" PvP environment at end game.

Instanthumor
09-03-2014, 07:34 PM
What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages :) )

From a mage's perspective...

This is what I use for PvP.

4/5 Shield (without pushback) - every single mage uses this, with the same upgrades. Meaning the pushback on shield is pretty useless. The shield is used in every situation in PvP, because without it, mages are nothing.

4/5 Fireball (without DoT) - this skill is fine. I will use the DoT in 1v1 rooms against rogues. There's nothing wrong with the DoT upgrade, it's just that without it, Curse doesn't hit me as hard. This skill is good for every situation in PvP. Good AoE, crowd control (stun), decent damage (since it hits all targets in range).

3/5 Lightning (without the stun and AoE) - I don't use the stun upgrade in clashes because it's a meager 25% chance to stun (while Fireball's stun is 100% when charged). The only time I would use the stun upgrade is in a particular build against warriors (where I need all the stun I can manage to get). There's nothing wrong with the AoE upgrade but it's just not for PvP purposes since mages don't do the majority of killing. Lightning, as you probably know, is a mage's strongest, single-target attack skill. Lightning is used in almost all PvP situations.

3/5 Lifegiver (with mana upgrade and HP regen) - In my opinion, this skill should get a slight buff. Although it's AoE compared to a rogue's Medic Packs, it's very weak. For a mage alone, it would heal about 60-80% HP, but when healing a warrior, it'll maybe heal ~20% (which sucks). The mana upgrade and increased range upgrade are fine. The regen upgrades should be buffed to par with the level the character is at. As of right now, nobody uses the mana regen upgrade because there's no point when the mana upgrade on Lifegiver already restores the majority of one's mana pool. As for the HP regen, a lot of mages use this one, but not because it is GOOD, because we need all the HP we can manage to get.

3/5 Curse (increased range & target # and increased duration, last two upgrades) - Curse is a really important skill for mages to have. In my opinion, all upgrades for Curse are fine as it is. The only reason why I don't max out my Curse is the lack of skill points (I tend to run a 6 skill build to be able to utilize all situations, and I need my passive points). Curse is only used in group battles or clashes (5v5's). As far as 1v1ing, Curse is not useful (as it is an AoE skill). There are many questions that want to be answered about Curse. Please, feel free to explain the legistics behind Curse here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173239-Curse-clarifications-please

3/5 Timeshift (dodge & death and DoT upgrades) - Many players underrate this skill in PvP, but it is an OP skill for clashing. The DoT drains the HP out of the DPS units on the opposing team, but Timeshift is not charged against a team with a Curse mage (instant death from DoT from Timeshift). The root upgrade on Timeshift is useless in PvP because it doesn't work. The exploding upgrade on Timeshift isn't used to salvage skill points. Timeshift has good crowd control, but there is one negative aspect. You can't tell where the clock will spawn. You might want it to land on this specific place, aim there, and see it land 10 feet away, and it sucks. It would be nice if Timeshift could auto-lock on the closest opponent. Timeshift is a good skill for clashing and is a decent alternative for Frost when 1v1ing rogues.

Frost - This skill isn't in my build because I lack skill points. It's a good single target offensive skill, hence the reason why it's in my 1v1 rogue build. The upgrades I use on Frost is Jagged Ice and Shiver. The other two upgrades are not worth it in PvP.

Gale Force - This skill is probably the weakest skill in a mage's barrage. Many players look down upon Gale, but if used correctly, it CAN be a decent skill to work with. The 50% armor bonus is quite efficient and Gale has very good AoE and crowd control (knockback). But on the downside, it's very weak, and as we are forced to play with only 4 skill slots, it is fair to say the Gale is a waste of a skill slot in an everyday PvP room. Mages will use Gale to flag, and that's about it, unless you're the couple individuals who like to play with Gale. I believe it is right to give Gale a slight buff.

These are my passives (in order from most important --> least important).

INT, STR, DEX, crit. If I do have any extra skill points, I will insert the rest into the Durable passive, though there's no realistic difference in gameplay (not that I can tell).

The above build is what I use and think for PvP. I'll let others give feedback on the PvE aspect. I hope this helped you out.

Instanthumor
09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
the whole point of curse is to reflect the damage.

FYI Ener, Curse doesn't reflect damage. I just learned that a couple days ago. Read this thread and I'm sure you'll learn something new!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173239-Curse-clarifications-please

Instanthumor
09-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I would like to see a 5th slot enabled. It's difficult for me to stop and swap out light for clock at a boss and would be great to have both at my fingertips. Also, yes mage could use a boost with shield. We have no dodge and you guys have many PvE maps with wonky red zones. Either increase the duration of shield or decrease the cool down. It makes no sense how you can keep dropping clock but not popping shield, the timing doesn't feel right with these two skills that really need to work together in elites.

I agree with this. And not allowing skills to be swapped while under cooldown was stupid. Shame on you to whoever did that.

Gianmarco Vasquez Vergara
09-03-2014, 08:28 PM
hello all I ask is that we increase the Warriors damage as warriors who have the mythical avatar pls increase

Schnitzel
09-03-2014, 09:37 PM
What class do you primarily play? Mage (Sorcerer)
What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages :) ) (5/5 for all skills) Fireball, Gale Wind, Time Shift, Arcane Shield, Lifegiver
Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why? I like Fireball because of the stun (PvE); I like Time Shift because of the Damage over Time, and holds enemies in place
Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why? I don't like how if i charge Gale Wind, I get shot forward, but then I can't move for about 3-5 seconds (If I go forward in the wrong direction and get stuck for a few seconds, I could get killed; also, sometimes when i run Watcher Tomb lvl4, If i charge time shift, it should hold enemies in place, but i get skeletons who could walk right through without being held in place.

See bolded sentences

Madnex
09-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I agree with this. And not allowing skills to be swapped while under cooldown was stupid. Shame on you to whoever did that.
No joking around with skill slots. The number of effects (buffs, debuffs, stuns, etc.) divided on skills as well as their potency and cooldowns were designed to be thrown in a four-slot layout, not higher.

An easier method to replace skills eg. by using saved skill loadouts that can be triggered, say, by swipping the screen above pet AA, yes; bringing back the PvP mess with six skills no, just no. Of course the proposed solution above would require all of your skills to be ready and not under cooldown.

Instanthumor
09-04-2014, 12:13 AM
For Regrowth and Recharge Mana, I think instead of a fixed regen amount like 10 health/sec or 5 mana/sec, it needs to be a percentage increase, otherwise as we go up to higher levels it becomes useless, and if you make it higher to be useful at higher levels then it will be OP at lower levels. Instead how about the regen be 3% per second for both health and mana, meaning you get 30% over 10 seconds. Then it would actually become useful at end game.

Last I checked, it already gives 2-4% HP per tick. In my opinion, it's decent, however because of our low armor, we take in so much damage that the 2-4% HP regen that is happening is barely noticable thus making it seems useless. It still should be buffed, because a 2-4% HP tick for mages is like a 1% HP tick for warriors which is just LOL

No joking around with skill slots. The number of effects (buffs, debuffs, stuns, etc.) divided on skills as well as their potency and cooldowns were designed to be thrown in a four-slot layout, not higher.

An easier method to replace skills eg. by using saved skill loadouts that can be triggered, say, by swipping the screen above pet AA, yes; bringing back the PvP mess with six skills no, just no. Of course the proposed solution above would require all of your skills to be ready and not under cooldown.

Why not just give 9 skill slots?

Madnex
09-04-2014, 12:21 AM
IWhy not just give 9 skill slots?
Practical issues -- like lack of UI space -- aside, as mentioned above, their specifics and their potency were designed by having in mind that only four can be active and used at a time. So if you'd want nine skill slots you'd have to majorly revamp each and every skill, overall dividing both its effectiveness and damage output by 2.5 (4 skills now, 9 skills in hypothesis).

Caabatric
09-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Primary class mage.
the things i am looking forward for is the shield drawback upgrade to be replaced by something more useful example 15% chance to reflect one skill and do half the dmg on launch.
A more efficient heal is necessary.
5th skill slot so far i have noticed that this would be beneficial to everyone provided there is a new skill launched.
We need a high dmg skill with an effective dot similar to nox bolt. (this could make us a bit to op though).

If any one of these was implemented i feel mages would get a nice buff and be useful again.

Thx

Fredystern
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Hmm, i am PvE & PvP player in PvE im using:
Fireball 5/5
Frostbolt 5/5
Timeshift 4/5( no explode )
Livegiver 2/5( only mana upgrade )

I think there is no problem in PvE
In PvP im using
Fireball 5/5
Shield 4/5 ( no pushback )
Lightning Strike 5/5
Livegiver 2/5 ( only mana upgrade )

I have a problem in PvP when 1v1 with a war that using skyward smash the stun is too long for me that cause me in problem in PvP. Also warrior damage are too big for me -.-" its make me abit hard in 1v1 with warrior, I'm only won with warrior if my elondrian gun proc the root so the warrior can't hit me with skyward smash :D but its only 2-3 second T.T and the livegiver cooldown are too long so in PvP i cant heal my team in 5v5. I think curse also have a problem because its only 3-5 second(not very sure) and the cooldown very very long so in 1v1 with rogue/warrior its make me very hard, i hope there was a change in mage skill cooldown, and 5th skill slots so we mage can beat rogue easy =D

Kreasadriii
09-04-2014, 08:52 AM
What class do you primarily play? Mage (Sorcerer)
What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages :) ) (5/5 for all skills) Fireball, Gale Wind, Time Shift, Arcane Shield, Lifegiver
Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why? I like Fireball because of the stun (PvE); I like Time Shift because of the Damage over Time, and holds enemies in place
Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why? I don't like how if i charge Gale Wind, I get shot forward, but then I can't move for about 3-5 seconds (If I go forward in the wrong direction and get stuck for a few seconds, I could get killed; also, sometimes when i run Watcher Tomb lvl4, If i charge time shift, it should hold enemies in place, but i get skeletons who could walk right through without being held in place.

See bolded sentences

Agree with this.
While using Gale Force, why its pointing to nearby enemies and it also can go backward last I checked.
Why it can't be just go forward straight what our mage facing of and of course didn't stuck while pointing at wrong direction -__- I feel yaa

aarrgggggg
09-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I would like to see a few things happen.

Firstly regarding skills i would like to see two new skills added per each class so we have a total of 10 to choose from instead of 8.
doing this would allow for more unique skill builds. I also would like to see a fifth skill slot added so we can use a total of five skills and our pet all at once.

Most people i know already use a five skill build but are forced to switch out a skill at certain points of the runs, having a fifth skill slot would eliminate the need to switch for most people because i think a 5 skill build would be enough for most people.

Regarding the current skills,
The existing skills need to be balanced out, examined closely, fix any and all glitches and errors that arise with our current skills,
Some skills like rally cry for warrior are completley useless as is....revamp that skill. And others suggested here by other posts.

Also many upgrades should be examined closely, fixed and tweaked to make for a more enjoyable experience.
I currently do not have enough time to go through every single skill and every single skill upgrade in order to provide my feedback on each one specifically.
However i do think that a small team...at sts should do exactly this go through everything, every skill, every upgrade, and determine the useless upgrades/glitches and fix them so they actually will be useful.

On a seperate but slightly related note there is something i have been thinking about regarding our equipment,

I would like to see more items like the wild talisman, an additional way for us to gain "skills" could be by adding procs to future helm, armor, ring, pendant as well as weapon. it would make for an interesting battle to have say all 5 of your equipped items procing simultaneously, but of course these would need to be able to stack...... so all 5 procs actually work.

The procs could be anything from a snare proc, to a stat buff, or an AOE debuff, or an Aoe damage effect diminshing for 3 seconds,Honestly the possibilities with this are Huge.

The other way this could be accomplished would be to release proc gems that can add different procs to whichever item that gem might be slotted.

Zeus
09-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Rogue Skills:

• Aimed Shot:
The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

• Noxious Bolt:
Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. Additionally, the 15% damage impact upgrade on Noxious Bolt does not work, therefore making it a waste of a stat point. So, spec accordingly! For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
- Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
- Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

• Razor Shield:
This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. However, it is glitched. So, it will only properly provide you stun immunity if you have 2/5 spec'd in Razor Shield (last upgrade only). The additional duration upgrade causes the stun immunity to fail. Additionally, you must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

• Medic Packs
These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

• Shadow Storm Shot
Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

• Traps
Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvE

• Shadow Veil
This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

• Shadow Piercer
This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

PvP:
• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
• TDM is glitched so a rogue's Damage % boost does work in CTF as well as a rogue having the original unnerfed damage.
• Only the highest percent buff applies.
• Speed boosts are reduced to 0% once speed debuffed.
• Only the highest percent debuff applies.
• Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

PvP Build:
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 1/5 Noxious Bolt
• 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Health Upgrade)
• 5/5 Medic Packs
• 2/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
• 5/5 Defense
• 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
• 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!

This was taken from a previous thread I have written. It contains most of the reasons why people dislike using certain upgrades, skills and whatnot. It also covers the bugs of all rogue skills.

extrapayah
09-04-2014, 12:34 PM

Sorcerer > Rogue > Warrior

Unfortunately, I am only doing PvE

Sorcerer

Fireball + all upgrades: sorc's bread and butter, good cc, good damage, and i always like debuff
Gale + ms upgrades: i never expect myself playing in latency free game, and also AL don't have ranged missile speed (or too short), which make range enemies can damage you immediately, many other games i know, can dodge an attack because the target already too far from the normal attack range. So, I use movement speed to compensate those, and to kite
Frostbolt + all other upgrades - RIP upgrade: good cc, good damage, RIP upgrade (arctic shatter) is probably the best RIP upgrade compared to the others, because we don't need to kill it using the skill's first damage to make it happens, i only don't learn it because i find other skills more necessary.
Time Shift + all upgrades: I like it because the only pure AoE skill for mage
Lifegiver + empower + range: I like supportive play, and this skill make mage self-sufficient

Rogue

Shadow Piercer + no upgrade: a good move for strategic kiting :P
Nox Bolt + all other upgrades - impact bonus: great skill, great DoT (pure dmg?)
Aimed shot + all upgrades: also great skill and self-buff
Trap + all other upgrades - explode: great cc, great bleed damaage (also pure dmg?), and pure AoE, explode is great, but i'm considering other skill to be more usefull
Shadow Veil + all other upgrades - explode: great buffs and debuffs, explode is also great, but others are more usefull

Warrior

Skyward Smash + all other upgrades - mana return: great skill, great chance to stun, and great damage, other skill are more usefull
Chest Splitter + max target + feeble: great skill, great debuff, seems like work on many important situation especially on boss
Rally Cry + all upgrades: maybe only me using this, great buffs, but it is a good running skill, also works in elite (for running/parking phase, for me it is more effective than jugger), problem is just the range
Vengeful Blood + all upgrades: totally great skills, upgrades also work even when not charged, this is what I call with ideal upgrades
Horn of Renew + all upgrades: also great skill, great support!

Passive

Critical and primary attribute: the only trusted scalable passive

Sorcerer

Lightning's stun upgrade: very strict in charging, it is single target, yet we have to charge to have the chance (compare to warrior's SS or axe)
Lightning's damage on death upgrade: the ideal damage on death upgrade would be like frostbolt's -> give debuff to enemy and explode when the debuff is still on (preferably around 5-10s debuff)
Gale's knock down: it seems like the stun duration is random, yet gale's stun can't stack with fireball... can mess up strategic timing
Gale's forward dash immobility: too hard to control, and the fact enemies can keep hitting you even when you're dashing or in the immobile state.
Gale's increase armor: because the necessity to charge...
Gale's AoE: great but i prefer anti-scattering...
Arcane Shield: too long cooldown, in PvE view, boss' ultimate can happen twice or more in between 30s, but a great (or must-have) PvP skill
Arcane Shield's knockback upgrade: afaik it's only pushing... probably a 0.5-1s ministun will make it great, or any debuff (slow, reduce damage, reduce attack speed)
Curse in overall: only tested in a very short time in PvE, when I tested it, it depends on enemies damage, if I somehow use shield and enemies don't deal any damage, the enemies won't get the return damage. as i heard it works differently with DoT, probably it works like alpha wolf's shield (crazy return damage on any DoT), too small for AoE, but not single target, but seems like a great PvP skill
Lifegiver's regeneration upgrade: the fact that it takes aggro on all enemies around (even greater than windmill, haha)

Rogue

Shadow Piercer's armor reduction: based by chance, yet can't be stacked
Shadow Piercer's leading dagger: the fact that it only works when not charged
Nox Bolt's impact damage increase: tested that it actually reduce damage
Razor Shield: too long inactive period -> 12s, a probably good PvP skill if somehow it can provide skill dodge (afaik skill can't be dodged)
Razor Shield's disable-immunity -> just because people are saying it doesn't work as intended with certain upgrade
Shadow Storm Shot in overall -> I honestly never use this skill, probably not bad, but it's just others are a lot more effective than this

Warrior

Chest Splitter's Extended Reach -> the fact that it only increase max target, increase in range (cone degree) or even change it into circle AoE with moderate radius will be great :P
Chest Spillter's Decimation -> the fact that it has to deal the killing blows and the very small radius of explosion + damage (claimed to have 'high damage')
Chest Spillter's Knockback -> scattering probably will work better in certain situation in PvP
Juggernaut -> long inactive time, great PvP skill, or probably must-have one

Rogue

Damage, Armor, Movement -> the fact that it doesn't stack, and ultimately nullified by debuffs

Any additional information you want to tell us

I definitely like an ability to use all 8 skills, but if the balance is really made of 4 skills, then okay... (which i think mage has lesser support skill, with fixed 4 slot, each class should be able to be able to become tank wannabe, dps wannabe, or support wannabe, imo
please make stuns stack :(, pretty please... it's very hard to coordinate with other mages having stuns, especially with latency... and the fact that knocked-down enemies can't be pulled by traps, yet trap chance only 20%...
sorcerer lack of no-aggro party buffs
I really want sorcerer's disabler (fb/ice) to work on bosses... it's okay if it's just a 0.5s stun or even 0.25s, or reducing attack speed/movement speed by a little
more information on skills pls, especially all sub-damage dealt by upgrades
ideal upgrades should be working live VB's upgrade, has something in both normal and charged one
a scalable passive will be great, like making attribute increase per level to 4 + 1% attribute
probably just by changing damage% passive to add base damage by 2/3 per level will give same effect yet stackable
dodge passive pls :P
armor% passive to become damage reduction increase, e.g. 0.5% - 1% per level, (i hope this is stacked previously)
movement passive to be stackable + maybe add ability to move faster when not attacking by learning this passive

must be too long, anyway

thank you sooo much

I hope AL become better everytime :P

ChillyPepper
09-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Hey im chillypepper.. lvl26 pvp mage.. i mostly use either fireball, lightning, ice, shield, and heal or respec and exchange ice for curse :)

supersyan
09-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Supersayn- Mage 41. I use heal @towns

Instanthumor
09-05-2014, 02:58 AM
I like how this dev posts this post... Then disappears... Gf

MoloToha
09-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Mostly warrior, but I also have capped rogue and mage.

I would like to share my hybrid build (allows PvE, PvP and even soloing):
HoR 5/5
VB 5/5
Jug 5/5 (extra aggro is always a nice thing to have, I wonder why you don't put a point in it)
SS 4/5 (no mana return)
CS 2/5 (feeble)
WM 4/5 (no snare)
Passives: Might+Durable+Knowledge
Elite skill map: Jug+HoR+WM+CS/SS (which one you like, I prefer SS with 2 rogues+mage, CS with 3 rogues)
PvP skill map: if I had Samael, I would go with Jug+HoR+SS+CS.
Solo skill map: VB+WM+CS+SS (not bad at all, allows you to solo easy elites and tombs to kill time, also possible to solo harder elites and event bosses)
Note: you can squeak out 5 points by removing some not crucial ugrades and go in for Agility 5/5.
At elites I love to use Little Bear (best tanking pet, in my opinion), Grimm/Slag when PvPing/soloing.
I like upgrades with extra damage, and/or chance to stun or feeble, because they are the most useful in PvP. For PvE, upgrades with taunt are necessary.
I don't like to use Rally Cry, because it is mostly useless, it is better to change movement boost with crit or damage, mana or hp. Also, I don't like to use Relentless Strike and Decimation upgrades of Chest Splitter, because Relentless Strike only bothers melee warriors to fight, Decimation is very unlikely to happen considering that warriors deliver fatal blow very seldom.
Any additional information you want to tell us
I have several additional points:
1) Mages should have bigger damage output to compensate their general squishiness.
2) There should be more skills and their usage should be bound to certain kinds of weapons (some skills for two-handed weapon, some for shield&sword, some for daggers, some for bow and so on), so there will be more choices and build variations.
3) It is not about skills, but about stats. There should be more different stats: accuracy, critical multiplier, elemental damage and resistances, chance to shrug off critical strikes. Also, there are of stats that are not shown on avatar screen: hp/mp regen, damage reduction %. Also, there is a mysterious stat "Bonus Damage", I still don't get what does it do.

Fibus
09-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I like how this dev posts this post... Then disappears... Gf

I'm still here and I've read every post so far. :) I appreciate all the feedback and hope that it keeps coming so that we can make the best decisions about how to improve the skill system in AL!

Kakashis
09-05-2014, 12:02 PM
I play rogue and I use:

1/5 pierce
5/5 nox
5/5 AS
5/5 Traps

Not much to complain about other than this is the most deadly class because of the 250% Damage Aimed Shot skill and when mated to the bonus damage makes this class a one shot wonder in PVP and a must have against bosses in PVE.

I quit playing warrior for this very reason because they simply can't survive against rogues deadly power. Even my fully equiped warrior with the Arcane Maul couldn't take out the rogue class because simply they don't deal enough damage even on a critical attack. We need tank builds for elite sure, but when you do an attacking based warrior, I don't see why a rogue can deal over 4k damage and warriors barely hitting over 800. When warriors CRIT, how can anything walk away so easily like they currently do.

If you've read this far, totally unrelated, but I still get stuck at the "contacting server" on my brand new gaming laptop. Would like that fixed before any skills fixing XD

extrapayah
09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
I forget to add something I'd like to see :P

a skill loadout, and buttons in HUD to rotate skill loadouts and gear loadouts, (or shorcut to skill map menu :(, in chrome :P)
you can make a mechanic like unable to rotate skill because the need of changing cooldown-ed skill

e.g. i currently use 4 skills, skill A, B, C, and D, my next skill configuration/loadout is A, E, C, D, suppose that B, is in cooldown, we can't press the 'rotate skill config' button, but if only A, C, or D is in cooldown, it's okay.

with this, it won't hurt 4 skills balance, but ability to quickly adapt to situation :D, which is cool (i think)

and probably also pet-rotate button :P (adding 3 buttons is kinda suck huh :(, but could be interesting, and maybe player can have options to show/hide these additional buttons)

Caabatric
09-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I forget to add something I'd like to see :P

a skill loadout, and buttons in HUD to rotate skill loadouts and gear loadouts, (or shorcut to skill map menu :(, in chrome :P)
you can make a mechanic like unable to rotate skill because the need of changing cooldown-ed skill

e.g. i currently use 4 skills, skill A, B, C, and D, my next skill configuration/loadout is A, E, C, D, suppose that B, is in cooldown, we can't press the 'rotate skill config' button, but if only A, C, or D is in cooldown, it's okay.

with this, it won't hurt 4 skills balance, but ability to quickly adapt to situation :D, which is cool (i think)

and probably also pet-rotate button :P (adding 3 buttons is kinda suck huh :(, but could be interesting, and maybe player can have options to show/hide these additional buttons)
Since i play on my ipod and many people play on there androids this gives a huge advantage to computer users.

inkredible
09-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Need more description on skills, can be misleading like "movement impairment "

Ravager
09-06-2014, 03:56 PM
I primarily play warrior.

Juggernaut used to heal to the 50% marker. Now it only heals to ~40% ish. Lots of the rogues break juggernaut because of this, especially in a glitched TDM pvp we currently have.

Rally cry is the worst warrior skill and overall the worst skill in the game. It's useless.

Damage passive and speed passive are the most useless passives. Most of the times, pets will override them.

I hate how Windmill forces cooldown on all the skills.

The taunt on Horn is pretty useless. It taunts within 8 meters. We also have the range upgrade that heals to 8 meters. If we are making the entire team invincible due to globes, who cares if the enemy is taunted at that point for a few seconds. In other words, always choose the range upgrade and skip the taunt (if you want to do an upgrade on horn).

Skyward Smash getting stuck when you charge it really sucks. A *chance* at regaining mana sucks as well. Change the mana regain to something else.

CS -
upgrade 1 - extended reach. This upgrade kinda sucks because CS has horrible range. Sure we can hit 1 more person but they literally have to be stacked on each other to get that benefit.
upgrade 2 - decimation - weak dmg *if* they are close enough to get the explosion. Low chance of warriors actually finishing a kill with this attack then low chance of it happening.
upgrade 3 - relentless strike - and why do we want to push the enemies back from a warrior again? so we can't attack them?

All other aspects seem usable one way or another for a warrior.

ndyfixer
09-07-2014, 07:05 AM
What class do you primarily play? Mage

What are your current builds for PvE?
4/5 Fireball (no scorch)
4/5 Light (no shock)
4/5 Ice (no shatter)
4/5 Shield (no wave)
4/5 Clock (no explode)

5/5 Crit, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Int, 5/5 HP

I like fireball/ice/clock combo to work the mobs in elites. I swap clock to light on bosses and it hits well when it crits. Shield is my friend too, one of the best skills in an end game PvE mage build.

Curse never used because I am not a PvP player. Wind I tend to blow my mage across the map on accident so I stay away from that. Heal was OK to lvl with, but useless in elites so I don't use anymore. What is the point of the heal causing aggro? It really makes no sense why a mage would want to bring any more aggro onto itself than necessary.

Also, you know the passives have issues. Once we figured out the single damage modifier rule many of us specc'd out of damage in both mage and rogue. How about addressing this in the new skill revamp?
about wind skill , i just upgrade largee area , not dash forward .. sorry 4 my english ^_^

UndeadJudge
09-07-2014, 06:29 PM
I'd also like to add another comment about PvP.

Rogues are way too OP. The main reason why is because they only need access to 4 skills to be dominant. However, when the skill swap patch was changed so that each class could only use 4 skills while fighting, RIP warriors and sorcerers.This is the main reason why class balance is an issue. The other classes - warrior and sorcerer - lose out on a lot when only using 4 skills. Warriors could wreck rogues with 3 attack skills, horn, VB, and jugg. Sorcerers could swap heal for shield after use to give an advantage. As a rogue, I had to make a master crafted strategy to kill warriors, and they were the most challenging and fun duels to do. I also made a level 24 Mage one time and killed every rogue in sight. Heck sometimes even win 1v2.

I understand the reasoning behind the patch. I suppose it should be possible for all classes to kill each other with only using 4 skills. But the current skill system does not support this kind of play. My suggestion is to remove the cooldown for swapped skills until the new skills system is released. This way all classes can be at least a little more balanced until, hopefully the new skill system solves class balance issues.

Aslanx
09-07-2014, 07:07 PM
From a mage's perspective...

This is what I use for PvP.

4/5 Shield (without pushback) - every single mage uses this, with the same upgrades. Meaning the pushback on shield is pretty useless. The shield is used in every situation in PvP, because without it, mages are nothing.

4/5 Fireball (without DoT) - this skill is fine. I will use the DoT in 1v1 rooms against rogues. There's nothing wrong with the DoT upgrade, it's just that without it, Curse doesn't hit me as hard. This skill is good for every situation in PvP. Good AoE, crowd control (stun), decent damage (since it hits all targets in range).

3/5 Lightning (without the stun and AoE) - I don't use the stun upgrade in clashes because it's a meager 25% chance to stun (while Fireball's stun is 100% when charged). The only time I would use the stun upgrade is in a particular build against warriors (where I need all the stun I can manage to get). There's nothing wrong with the AoE upgrade but it's just not for PvP purposes since mages don't do the majority of killing. Lightning, as you probably know, is a mage's strongest, single-target attack skill. Lightning is used in almost all PvP situations.

3/5 Lifegiver (with mana upgrade and HP regen) - In my opinion, this skill should get a slight buff. Although it's AoE compared to a rogue's Medic Packs, it's very weak. For a mage alone, it would heal about 60-80% HP, but when healing a warrior, it'll maybe heal ~20% (which sucks). The mana upgrade and increased range upgrade are fine. The regen upgrades should be buffed to par with the level the character is at. As of right now, nobody uses the mana regen upgrade because there's no point when the mana upgrade on Lifegiver already restores the majority of one's mana pool. As for the HP regen, a lot of mages use this one, but not because it is GOOD, because we need all the HP we can manage to get.

3/5 Curse (increased range & target # and increased duration, last two upgrades) - Curse is a really important skill for mages to have. In my opinion, all upgrades for Curse are fine as it is. The only reason why I don't max out my Curse is the lack of skill points (I tend to run a 6 skill build to be able to utilize all situations, and I need my passive points). Curse is only used in group battles or clashes (5v5's). As far as 1v1ing, Curse is not useful (as it is an AoE skill). There are many questions that want to be answered about Curse. Please, feel free to explain the legistics behind Curse here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173239-Curse-clarifications-please

3/5 Timeshift (dodge & death and DoT upgrades) - Many players underrate this skill in PvP, but it is an OP skill for clashing. The DoT drains the HP out of the DPS units on the opposing team, but Timeshift is not charged against a team with a Curse mage (instant death from DoT from Timeshift). The root upgrade on Timeshift is useless in PvP because it doesn't work. The exploding upgrade on Timeshift isn't used to salvage skill points. Timeshift has good crowd control, but there is one negative aspect. You can't tell where the clock will spawn. You might want it to land on this specific place, aim there, and see it land 10 feet away, and it sucks. It would be nice if Timeshift could auto-lock on the closest opponent. Timeshift is a good skill for clashing and is a decent alternative for Frost when 1v1ing rogues.

Frost - This skill isn't in my build because I lack skill points. It's a good single target offensive skill, hence the reason why it's in my 1v1 rogue build. The upgrades I use on Frost is Jagged Ice and Shiver. The other two upgrades are not worth it in PvP.

Gale Force - This skill is probably the weakest skill in a mage's barrage. Many players look down upon Gale, but if used correctly, it CAN be a decent skill to work with. The 50% armor bonus is quite efficient and Gale has very good AoE and crowd control (knockback). But on the downside, it's very weak, and as we are forced to play with only 4 skill slots, it is fair to say the Gale is a waste of a skill slot in an everyday PvP room. Mages will use Gale to flag, and that's about it, unless you're the couple individuals who like to play with Gale. I believe it is right to give Gale a slight buff.

These are my passives (in order from most important --> least important).

INT, STR, DEX, crit. If I do have any extra skill points, I will insert the rest into the Durable passive, though there's no realistic difference in gameplay (not that I can tell).

The above build is what I use and think for PvP. I'll let others give feedback on the PvE aspect. I hope this helped you out.

Looking like a runners build to me..
With the frost, gale, and clock...at least that's what I use for running, not sure how u like to run though ..

obee
09-07-2014, 07:15 PM
With the frost, gale, and clock...at least that's what I use for running, not sure how u like to run though ..

I don't like gale, I prefer lightning much more

Thorluffy
09-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I'd also like to add another comment about PvP.

Rogues are way too OP. The main reason why is because they only need access to 4 skills to be dominant. However, when the skill swap patch was changed so that each class could only use 4 skills while fighting, RIP warriors and sorcerers.This is the main reason why class balance is an issue. The other classes - warrior and sorcerer - lose out on a lot when only using 4 skills. Warriors could wreck rogues with 3 attack skills, horn, VB, and jugg. Sorcerers could swap heal for shield after use to give an advantage. As a rogue, I had to make a master crafted strategy to kill warriors, and they were the most challenging and fun duels to do. I also made a level 24 Mage one time and killed every rogue in sight. Heck sometimes even win 1v2.

I understand the reasoning behind the patch. I suppose it should be possible for all classes to kill each other with only using 4 skills. But the current skill system does not support this kind of play. My suggestion is to remove the cooldown for swapped skills until the new skills system is released. This way all classes can be at least a little more balanced until, hopefully the new skill system solves class balance issues.

I got to agree with this. This is why i quit 1v1 as a tank. The balance in twink world(majorly) is seriously messed up. If sts is not going to revise the skill system in twink world, warrior hardly kill playing solo, mage remains the target to every other classes and useful only in clash while rogue remains the killing machine both in 1v1 and clash......

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

Kakashis
09-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I got to agree with this. This is why i quit 1v1 as a tank. The balance in twink world(majorly) is seriously messed up. If sts is not going to revise the skill system in twink world, warrior hardly kill playing solo, mage remains the target to every other classes and useful only in clash while rogue remains the killing machine both in 1v1 and clash......

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

yes, totally agree. Why play warrior when you can't get kills! They should just merge JUG/VENG into one skill and then CS also throws out an AXE with the chain. If warriors crit, there shoudl be blood!

Instanthumor
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM

If you read it, I said the first 6 skills I listed were my build. I just gave feedback on the other two skills since Fibus asked. Nice try though.

ArtofWar
09-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I primarily play warrior.

Juggernaut used to heal to the 50% marker. Now it only heals to ~40% ish. Lots of the rogues break juggernaut because of this, especially in a glitched TDM pvp we currently have.

Rally cry is the worst warrior skill and overall the worst skill in the game. It's useless.

Damage passive and speed passive are the most useless passives. Most of the times, pets will override them.

I hate how Windmill forces cooldown on all the skills.

The taunt on Horn is pretty useless. It taunts within 8 meters. We also have the range upgrade that heals to 8 meters. If we are making the entire team invincible due to globes, who cares if the enemy is taunted at that point for a few seconds. In other words, always choose the range upgrade and skip the taunt (if you want to do an upgrade on horn).

Skyward Smash getting stuck when you charge it really sucks. A *chance* at regaining mana sucks as well. Change the mana regain to something else.

CS -
upgrade 1 - extended reach. This upgrade kinda sucks because CS has horrible range. Sure we can hit 1 more person but they literally have to be stacked on each other to get that benefit.
upgrade 2 - decimation - weak dmg *if* they are close enough to get the explosion. Low chance of warriors actually finishing a kill with this attack then low chance of it happening.
upgrade 3 - relentless strike - and why do we want to push the enemies back from a warrior again? so we can't attack them?

All other aspects seem usable one way or another for a warrior.

Completely agreed!

wassap007
09-08-2014, 09:26 PM
i suggest putting more skill branches in a single skill..

adding more skill slot is not practical, phone user will have so much trouble playing.

adding more skill branches will increase the variety in builds and keep the 4 skills system. of cuz the skill upgrades will really have to do exactly as wat the description says. for example,

after lvl 25 a mage will unlock a new skill upgrade for fireball, like decrease in cd, increase in dmg,extra stun duration and more...

- or create an entirely new points that can be used to uograde damage of some skills after a specific level..

- create a new skill for only those who capped, it doesnt have to be op but make it useful in some situations

thanks for ur time, the above are just suggestions i might have missed out a few statement that oppose this, if so im trully sry.

extrapayah
09-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Since i play on my ipod and many people play on there androids this gives a huge advantage to computer users.

multitouch gesture can be used here (to skill set, loadout, etc)

Wutzgood
09-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Mage is my favorite class for pve. I have twinks for pvp but rarely get to play because I'd rather be making gold in pve.

My current skill build is using all 5 attack skills. Fire, ice, lightning, clock and gale. I honestly like them all. My only gripe is that with gale I can't get the speed and armor boosts without having to charge and use gales dash. If I could use both upgrades without having to dash it would make gale a lot better.

smartthegod
09-10-2014, 03:11 PM
STS, I'd like if you could read my post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?174873-Skill-build-What-s-the-point

Pollata1246
09-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Mage

I just wanna tell Spacetime that every skill except for Gale Force, Curse. Also I agree with a few users as they requested for a fifth slot as we would be able to use the Shield as well as Life giver together............

Crowsfoot
09-13-2014, 02:45 PM
1) Primary Class:

Warrior with a focus on running elite maps.

2) Spec:

Skills:
5/5 HoR
5/5 VB
5/5 Jugg
4/5 WM, no cripple
3/5 CS, no decimate or push back
4/5 Axe, no stun

Passive:
5/5 Str
5/5 Armor
4/5 Dex

*VB and Axe are typically used in boss fights in place of Jugg and WM which are typically used for mobs when running elite. Some exceptions apply.

3) Desirable Skill Upgrades:

-Self buffs which stack or are stronger than pet buffs which don't stack
-Armor buffs (base armor or greater than 5%)
-Taunt
-Extended duration of skill effect
-Stun (exclude skills only used in boss fights)
-Any heal that returns 500+ HP overall
-Higher radius/number of targets
-Increase in the skill's base damage
-Feeble (<Love)
-Debuffs of enemy damage.
-Debuffs of Enemy armor.
-Pulling targets into mele range.
-Stun immunity

I favor upgrades which either increase ability to hold aggro, increase overall damage output, heal, or decrease enemy damage output. IE I only care for survival and damage output.

4) Undesirable Skill Upgrades:

-Mana return (exclude VB)
-Reduce target movement speed
-Special effect when kill landed (<all current incarnations are useless)
-Push back (<entirely loath)
-Small buffs of crit (less than 10%)
-Most party buffs (due to being small buffs, reference RC)
-Any increases in movement speed
-Any increases in dodge (because this game doesn't allow for high dodge rates)
-Any upgrade which sacrifices survivability for damage output.

I want skill points to have an impact on survival and damage output. Anything that limits my ability to hold aggro (push back and reduce movement speed) or has a minimal impact on a fight (most party buffs in practice, dodge, and increase in movement speed) I find useless.

I also don't believe in the warrior being the killing class. Thus, small crit boost (since VB shames them) don't interest me unless I decide to do PvP. Additionally, it isn't worth the gamble for skills that have a chance at a special effect when it slays an enemy. If I land about 10 kills an elite run, that skill lands 40% of my kills (overly generous since I use Samael), and that skill has a 20% chance of additional effect when it slays a target; it should proc about 0.8 times per run. Pass.

5) Additional Information:

My spec currently uses 5, arguably 6, skill points which I could throw away and have little to no effect on my gameplay. Passive Dex (4) does little unless you are a rogue, Jugg's taunt (1) is only interestering on initial cast and has too long of a cool down for it to be relied upon (it is a convenience, not a necessity), and arguably extended reach on CS (due to the skill's inability to often hit more than 1-2 targets) are the "throw away points."

Haligali
09-15-2014, 07:56 AM

No need pet, for warrior there is a 5% damage buff in ctf room already which makes the damage passive completely useless.

uunknownn
09-15-2014, 10:07 PM
My fav. Toon is rogue
+1 to this
I like the ideas to add more passives up to 8 yinstead of 5 and i also like the ideas to remove the useless skill points and change it to a new one . i also agree to ideas to allow us to swap skills while in cooldown coz its their own points .

ANITANOV
09-16-2014, 12:05 AM
What class do you primarily play? -- Rounge
What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages ) -- PVE
Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why? -- Pierce
Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why? -- Trap
Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related) -- None

hesx
09-17-2014, 10:14 PM
add taunting effect / stun chance effect in PVP/PVE when you release VB with charge like 5meters more/less AOE, pretty good for warrior need more stun skill since we wearing heavy equipment,, ^^

Instanthumor
09-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Mage is my favorite class for pve. I have twinks for pvp but rarely get to play because I'd rather be making gold in pve.

My current skill build is using all 5 attack skills. Fire, ice, lightning, clock and gale. I honestly like them all. My only gripe is that with gale I can't get the speed and armor boosts without having to charge and use gales dash. If I could use both upgrades without having to dash it would make gale a lot better.

Take out the speed upgrade, pop a speed lix, problem solved.

Killfreeak
09-22-2014, 07:41 AM
I dont think it has been mentioned enough that mages need stun immunity. I believe they were designed as the 'stunlock class' primarily because they have a variety of skills that had 100% stun. Now, all other classes have figured out their skills (juggernaut, razor shield) which both have the option of movement impairment invulnerabilty. I understand that all classes were designed for a purpose in a 5v5 situation, but 95% of the time it isnt. I understand the classes are supposed to be like rock-paper-scissors, each class is beaten by one class, but can beat the other, but rogues (with their insane damage and movement impairement invulnerability) are capable of stunlocking a mage (with bow stun + samael) all while being imune to stuns. Kind of defeats purpose of a mage?

Also, if a mage is supposed to be AoE and stuns during a clash, they aren't very effective at this now. Warriors and rogues generally begin a clash with stun immunity abilities, so stun typically doesnt work. Yes stun can occur once these skills have have been used, but by then, usually mages have been stunned the entire duration of the fight, have been killed, or miraculously survived. If they have survived, their shield has now been used, which means they are open to instakill and can no longer focus on dealing damage as they have to dun for their lives. A warrior with a Bulwark also defeats the purpose of having a curse mage. Especially when the curse/reflect is more effective from the bulwark, plus its a tank when which is capable of withstanding more dmg, which means their curse will be in play longer. Also it has no cooldown so it can effect a whole team for the duration of a fight. This curse also defeats the purpose of AoE, as mages get destroyed if they dare use DoT. At this point, mages are only their to literally cancel out the other mages. Some very good mages are effective, but not as kuch as they should be.

What i am NOT suggesting is the debuff of warriors and rogues. What i AM suggesting is that mages are buffed drastically. They require stun immunity, a better heal, t and to possibly stack crits on lightning? (Like a rogues aimed).

My primary class is warrior, but i have played a great deal of mage and also have played rogue. Quite frankly rogues are currently over-powered. They benefitted most from the last client as they were the only class that didn't really use skill switching. Hope this helps :)

Killfreeak
09-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Currently i think warriors have insane damage (depending on which equipment you are using) so they don't need a damage buff... A tank using sword and shield cant expect to have good damage as this isn't intended as a weapon which deals damage. A tank using magmatic claymore can quite easily kill a rogue if they can manage to stunlock them, and get them a distance from packs which means the rogue has to desperately run to packs and eat them all :D

A few people saying that rogue packs are stupid but tbh, it is the only thing keeping rogues from totally wrecking everything. Because their heal is 30-40% a pack, they have to consume their packs wisely as opposed to charging a skill which heals them (like mage and tank). But quite frankly idk why they would cry about this?? Each pack can return up to 40% hp (including heal over time) which can be up to 50% hp. 3x 50% hp is 150% hp, plus the 30% hp which they get just for dropping their packs... That can be almost 200% hp return in some situations... Maybe i am over exaggerating but still, their health return has a much greater return than any other class. Yes we all know that it only heals you, and no-one else, but rogues are the most 'selfish' class in PvP, so i dont get the big deal? Maybe if you buff other classes, maybe then the rogues heal could do with a buff :)

Ice
09-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Add another skills slot.

cux
09-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Add 5th skill slot or 6th

Ice
09-25-2014, 07:20 AM
skills slot so people can do more combo instead of swapping skills.

Aslanx
09-25-2014, 01:32 PM
If you read it, I said the first 6 skills I listed were my build. I just gave feedback on the other two skills since Fibus asked. Nice try though.

Ummmmmm, your using gale and frost in pvp RIGHT NOW lol, not trying to start anything on your thread, but really???? lol you make me laugh, nice name, and gg on ur little error in the reply :)

Aslanx
09-25-2014, 01:37 PM
I dont think it has been mentioned enough that mages need stun immunity. I believe they were designed as the 'stunlock class' primarily because they have a variety of skills that had 100% stun. Now, all other classes have figured out their skills (juggernaut, razor shield) which both have the option of movement impairment invulnerabilty. I understand that all classes were designed for a purpose in a 5v5 situation, but 95% of the time it isnt. I understand the classes are supposed to be like rock-paper-scissors, each class is beaten by one class, but can beat the other, but rogues (with their insane damage and movement impairement invulnerability) are capable of stunlocking a mage (with bow stun + samael) all while being imune to stuns. Kind of defeats purpose of a mage?

Also, if a mage is supposed to be AoE and stuns during a clash, they aren't very effective at this now. Warriors and rogues generally begin a clash with stun immunity abilities, so stun typically doesnt work. Yes stun can occur once these skills have have been used, but by then, usually mages have been stunned the entire duration of the fight, have been killed, or miraculously survived. If they have survived, their shield has now been used, which means they are open to instakill and can no longer focus on dealing damage as they have to dun for their lives. A warrior with a Bulwark also defeats the purpose of having a curse mage. Especially when the curse/reflect is more effective from the bulwark, plus its a tank when which is capable of withstanding more dmg, which means their curse will be in play longer. Also it has no cooldown so it can effect a whole team for the duration of a fight. This curse also defeats the purpose of AoE, as mages get destroyed if they dare use DoT. At this point, mages are only their to literally cancel out the other mages. Some very good mages are effective, but not as kuch as they should be.

What i am NOT suggesting is the debuff of warriors and rogues. What i AM suggesting is that mages are buffed drastically. They require stun immunity, a better heal, t and to possibly stack crits on lightning? (Like a rogues aimed).

My primary class is warrior, but i have played a great deal of mage and also have played rogue. Quite frankly rogues are currently over-powered. They benefitted most from the last client as they were the only class that didn't really use skill switching. Hope this helps :)

Since when are tanks stun proof? and rogues have razor shield for clashes, since they don't have a shield like a specific class does, if mages get another skill making them stun immune, they will wreck every tank they vs lol, cause I have won against a lot of mages only because of stun coming in and saving me, mages with elon gun and sam are beasts, but you're right, they should be stun immune overall, but not waste a skill spot just getting that, should be incorporated as a passive on Lifegiver, or shields side effects when it breaks, but not forever o.o then us tanks would get wrecked more than we already are by rogues and some op mages lol..

EDIT : and not to mention our stun passives in skills like axe and skyward smash would be useless for 66.6666666% of the classes we vs. since rogues use razor now

UndeadJudge
09-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Since when are tanks stun proof? and rogues have razor shield for clashes, since they don't have a shield like a specific class does, if mages get another skill making them stun immune, they will wreck every tank they vs lol, cause I have won against a lot of mages only because of stun coming in and saving me, mages with elon gun and sam are beasts, but you're right, they should be stun immune overall, but not waste a skill spot just getting that, should be incorporated as a passive on Lifegiver, or shields side effects when it breaks, but not forever o.o then us tanks would get wrecked more than we already are by rogues and some op mages lol..

EDIT : and not to mention our stun passives in skills like axe and skyward smash would be useless for 66.6666666% of the classes we vs. since rogues use razor now

Juggernaut with the immunity ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aslanx
09-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Juggernaut with the immunity ability.

Using juggernaut against a mage that knows what their doing at 41 ends in :

1. You never get a kill on them and have to wait til they either get stunned, and you can deal out some "massive damage" with your magma sword lol, or u can wait til they crit u with lightning, finishing u off

2. You run out of mana, and while jug is reloading(most tanks will switch it out with vb for mana) u have to make sure u run away fast while the mage is shooting at u from a mile away and hope u don't get killed

This is why I use vb first, then switch out to jugg, so I don't have to wait all day and without mana, because some mages know stunlocks, and some mages know how to tank out, and keep running/shooting which is a useful method in vs against tanks, but if a mage knows what their doing and assuming you, the tank does too, u wont start off jugging , so most likely will get stunned

and if the mage is weak and will die fast, most likely a smart tank wont even USE jugg at all, and rely on horn, which is what I do when killing rogues/mages walking along in hallways

so the stun is always there, because jugg runs out too ... and do u know if pet stuns are active when jugg is being used? like slag, sam, etc..

UndeadJudge
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Using juggernaut against a mage that knows what their doing at 41 ends in :

1. You never get a kill on them and have to wait til they either get stunned, and you can deal out some "massive damage" with your magma sword lol, or u can wait til they crit u with lightning, finishing u off

2. You run out of mana, and while jug is reloading(most tanks will switch it out with vb for mana) u have to make sure u run away fast while the mage is shooting at u from a mile away and hope u don't get killed

This is why I use vb first, then switch out to jugg, so I don't have to wait all day and without mana, because some mages know stunlocks, and some mages know how to tank out, and keep running/shooting which is a useful method in vs against tanks, but if a mage knows what their doing and assuming you, the tank does too, u wont start off jugging , so most likely will get stunned

and if the mage is weak and will die fast, most likely a smart tank wont even USE jugg at all, and rely on horn, which is what I do when killing rogues/mages walking along in hallways

so the stun is always there, because jugg runs out too ... and do u know if pet stuns are active when jugg is being used? like slag, sam, etc..

Well, I don't see the issue of using 5 skills and switch to jugg when you figure they're going to nuke you.

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP. Jugg gives you 7-8 (forgot exact time), horn gives 2 from bubble plus more from the HoT, that gives mages a very small window of time to kill you. If you get your second heal, they're basically screwed seeing that you can kill them in a couple of axe/cs combos.

Also mages rely heavily on crit against tanks, so use feeble to your advantage.

Instanthumor
09-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Ummmmmm, your using gale and frost in pvp RIGHT NOW lol, not trying to start anything on your thread, but really???? lol you make me laugh, nice name, and gg on ur little error in the reply :)

Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day. :)

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP

@endgame? I don't think so man

wassap007
09-26-2014, 03:11 AM
add a new morph like mage could have metamorphisis and spells do more dmg something like that. but balancing will be tough. or make a 5th skill which is an ultimate. you have to do spesific spell combos for the ultimate to go off cd

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day. :)

@endgame? I don't think so man

Well last time I saw a Mage vs tank, the Mage died in 2 seconds after shield wore off...

But then again it still was before the new gun was out.

Hail
09-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone!

First, an introduction: I'm Fibus and I'm a Senior Game Designer here at Spacetime. I've been here for about a year now and in that time, I've worked on many of the AL features that you have all enjoyed. Going forward, I hope to continue that trend. One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

Over the last 2 years, Arcane Legends has grown and developed with tons of new content and changes. Now, we are taking the time to look back at what we have done and see how we can improve. As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140017-Regarding-the-Current-Arcane-Legends-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

So, we would love for you all to tell us what you like or dislike about your class' skills. Providing any explanations with your answers would be extremely helpful!

Hi my name is Harmonybow and im a rogueaholic xD
Ive played at level 8/9 for over 4 seasons now.
I use the basic skills aimed, shadow piercer and medics.
I like packs, they keep me alive x) And a rogues Aimed shot is his/her best friend with that crit and the upgrade that adds 10% crit is amazing!
Useless for me? Probably Shadow Storm Shot!
I would like to see a mana heal or something implemented into a rogues medics as mages have it in their heal and warriors get mana absorbed through VB!

Aslanx
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=Instanthumor;1843329]Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day. :)

Thats cause you keep running with your running spec when your about to die little smurf :3, come in a room and wait for the count and then ill show u and ur running build whos boss ;)

Aslanx
09-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Well, I don't see the issue of using 5 skills and switch to jugg when you figure they're going to nuke you.

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP. Jugg gives you 7-8 (forgot exact time), horn gives 2 from bubble plus more from the HoT, that gives mages a very small window of time to kill you. If you get your second heal, they're basically screwed seeing that you can kill them in a couple of axe/cs combos.

Also mages rely heavily on crit against tanks, so use feeble to your advantage.

You need to vs arry to see what i mean, i havent tried vsing him with the new jugg "upgrades" but he can stunlock/crit the hell out of tanks. I used to beat him at 36 cap but with elon gun, and ring, while im still at magma and elon ammy/ring i cant beat him without 10 seconds of stun. and even then if he manages to run away i cant kill him cause im out of mana from jugg or im at like 30 and afraid to follow

Instanthumor
09-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Thats cause you keep running with your running spec when your about to die little smurf :3, come in a room and wait for the count and then ill show u and ur running build whos boss ;)

Lol seems you need an update.

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 04:09 PM
You need to vs arry to see what i mean, i havent tried vsing him with the new jugg "upgrades" but he can stunlock/crit the hell out of tanks. I used to beat him at 36 cap but with elon gun, and ring, while im still at magma and elon ammy/ring i cant beat him without 10 seconds of stun. and even then if he manages to run away i cant kill him cause im out of mana from jugg or im at like 30 and afraid to follow

Lmao okay, you can't beat one Mage that's fully geared? And you clai mages are op now?

Aslanx
09-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Lmao okay, you can't beat one Mage that's fully geared? And you clai mages are op now?

Ur not at 41, or u would know...and they sure are a lot better than before the ursoth assault update, elon weapons give a decent advantage, combined with sam/sns, but no mages do need a buff, theyre not as good as they should be and if u look around ull see me vouching for mage buffs as well..

Zeus
09-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Ur not at 41, or u would know...and they sure are a lot better than before the ursoth assault update, elon weapons give a decent advantage, combined with sam/sns, but no mages do need a buff, theyre not as good as they should be and if u look around ull see me vouching for mage buffs as well..

You're saying that a mage needs all that equipment just to compete with a legendary warrior? I do apologize for any rudeness, but that is not class balance. Sorry. :/

GoodSyntax
10-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone!

To get this thread back on track, here are my thoughts on the various Rogue skills:

Shadow Piercer
Good skill to have, great for jumping across a map, evading boss windups and general damage (in uncharged form). Upgrades, for the most part have little value, so most Rogues just unlock the skill and use their points elsewhere.

Gouging Rush - Not a useful skill at all for elite or PvE focused builds. No value in PvP either, so this is a throwaway upgrade that very, very few people actually use.
Shadow Absorption - I don't PvP anymore, so the possibility of a 10% heal in Elite Tindirin is laughable when you are getting one hit by scorns, shamans, snakes, etc. I get it that you need to balance PvP with PvE, but I would prefer a 25% heal in PvE and a 10% heal in PvP; at least that way, this upgrade would be a bit more enticing for elite-only builds.
Rising Death - The added damage from this skill upgrade honestly isn't worth the skill point. I see people using this upgrade once in a while, but I can think of a dozen other places where a skill point would be better used. If this also cast a snare or stun, then, it would be an interesting upgrade.
Leading Dagger - The 3-hit upgrade isn't very effective in elite, since it generally gets people into trouble by piercing into a mob, hitting a second mob, then returning back to the first mob just as he is winding up. Another issue with the 3-hit upgrade is that it usually causes you to aggro mobs nearby which you don't want to aggro. So, for elite, this upgrade is nothing but trouble. A better option would be to 3-hit the same target. At least this way, it is a sacrifice, because you lose the evasion aspect of pierce, which gets you out of boss windups, but you get 3x DMG in return.

Noxious Bolt
The best AoE damage skill that a Rogue has! Other than the Serrated Arrowhead upgrade working the wrong way (by taking away DMG instead of adding to it), this is a must-have skill for every PvE Rogue! The only upgrade I would like to see is a larger radius and increased number of affected targets (likely through a tree-style upgrade, so you have to unlock Strengthened Shot first).

Lingering Poison - Super useful for solo Rogues. This upgrade almost requires the Fragmentation upgrade, since the two are so complimentary.
Strengthened Shot - Again, a basic staple for solo Rogues. To be honest, I wish we would upgrade this further, but excellent as it currently stands.
Fragmentation - Complimentary upgrade with Lingering Poison, a must have for elite runners.
Serrated Arrowhead - This skill is bugged! Instead of adding damage it is taking away damage. Not sure what to say about an upgrade that costs a skill point to reduce damage...

Razor Shield
A good skill to use. Has value in PvP and PvE. Main drawbacks are the long cooldown and, depending on upgrades, can be an aggro magnet in elite.

Whirling Razors - For the most part, you pick up Razor for this upgrade in particular.
Bleeding Cuts - This is the aggro magnet upgrade. Bleed does very little damage in return for making everything in the map hate you. This upgrade is used on blender builds, but it is nothing but trouble in endgame elites.
Increased Duration - This upgrade is bugged! Add this upgrade removes the benefits of the Spinning Freedom upgrade, so, effectively, these two skills are mutually exclusive.
Spinning Freedom - Great upgrade that is useful in both PvP and PvE (especially in Nordr and Tindirin)

Aimed Shot
Any endgame Rogue, PvP or PvE, that does not use this skill with all upgrades needs to respec.

Accuracy - Yes!
Critical Shot - Yes!
Deadly Focus - Yes!
Shatter Armor - Yes!

Entangling Trap
I know some Rogues that use this skill effectively, unfortunately I am not one of them. It is just hard for me to justify using, what is effectively a crowd control skill, when the most important aspect of this skill can be so infrequent.

Adept Construction - Great upgrade if you are a Trap user. Personally, I would like this to be a higher chance, thereby making this upgrade a bit more worthwhile.
Razor Wire - This upgrade has limited value, since bleed does so little damage and causes so much aggro.
Combustion Tank - Useless upgrade. I honestly think an auto attack does more damage in almost all scenarios. A far better option would be an AoE stun with an AoE poison.
Net Retraction - THIS is the reason why you spec this skill in the first place. Unfortunately, the pull is unreliable and infrequent. I would really like to see this be a 50% or 75% chance of a pull.

Shadow Storm Shot
Completely useless skill. Only worth considering for Rogues at lv15 or lower that do not PvP and primarily run tombs. Miniscule damage in endgame elite, so if you see someone running elite with this skill, leave the map!

Spreading Shadow - Not worthwhile because the damage from this skill is pathetically low and doesn't affect enough targets as it is.
Shadow Focus - Because the base damage is so low, adding 25% more on critical doesn't help much, so this would be a waste of a skill point.
Dark Damage - I use this upgrade on my lv15 Tombs Rogue, but honestly, even if it were 40%, the damage from this skill doesn't approach what you get from Pierce, Nox or Aimed.
Shadow Touch - Again, I use this upgrade on my lv15 Tombs Rogue, and it is somewhat effective if I can group enough mobs together, but even still, it feels like I'm just throwing mashed potatoes instead of an "arcane arrow of darkness"

Shadow Veil
An extremely useful party buff best used in pure, elite parties. Unfortunately, with the inability of the system to correctly stack DMG and Armor buffs, elixirs completely wipe out all value of this skill.

Masked Presence - Terrific upgrade! But, this upgrade cancels out armor passives, and elixirs will cancel out this upgrade, so again, best used when running elites pure.
Combusting Decay - See Combustion Tank upgrade on Entangling Trap.
Shadow Absorption - Terrific upgrade! Again, cancels out DMG passives, and will be cancelled by any DMG elixir. In a pure environment, this and Masked Presence are the primary reasons for getting Veil in the first place.
Lingering Fumes - Because this skill has such a LONG cooldown, this upgrade is almost a necessity.

Combat Medic
This is a PvP focused skill, it has absolutely no value in elites. No pure PvE Rogue would ever use this skill. My biggest gripe with this skill is the scattered, random locations of where the packs end up falling. One would think that a Rogue with pinpoint accuracy would figure out how to take some packs out of her pocket without making it a game of pick-up-sticks.

Effective Packs - Terrific upgrade that is a requirement of any PvP centered build.
Trauma Surgeon - Another great upgrade for PvP Rogues. Gives you just enough of an HP recharge to go and find the packs that scattered all over the place.
Extra Packs - If you choose to get Combat Medic for PvP and you don't get this upgrade, I'm not sure where you are putting the skill point. This is an essential upgrade.
Good Medicine - Many PvP Rogues use this upgrade. I, personally, never did when I was PvPing, since the other upgrades provide about 100% HP anyway. If you are taking that much of a pounding that you think you need this upgrade, you are probably just putting off the inevitable.

powermaxed
10-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Shadow storm shot needs major buff, it is useless even in pve (unless solo)
Maybe add more dmg, stun, or even feeble.. yes feeble.

Khaphyn
10-04-2014, 03:00 AM
For me personally,Its mage all day.I use Fire,Light,Time,& Heal and this combo seems to work well for my build...I would like to see the mage class (as well as all others) Branch off to a different kind,with in its own class..Example: Mages would have some sommoning or regenerate dead spells giving the option to go necro...Warriors would have some skills allowing that warrior to branch off to like a martial artist or something like that...and rogues could branch off to Rangers (adding maybe a duel wield skill)...Its just a basic idea with no real details but as a mage player I would def love to see a respec where I could be a necro,able to summon up to 10-20 Undead,elemental,golem,or what ever kind of temperary pets.

Sent by This Handsome Guy

Naoavi
10-05-2014, 04:55 AM
The weirdest thing about skills is lack of stacking. Damage, armor debuff, pets, etc. This is really not expected or understood by players and it leads to people wasting skill points and not utilizing their skills effectively. Can STS please make a clear statement about stacking? Is it working as intended or not? Why are we denied the benefits that we "pay" for? Why doesn't it stack? Why don't you fix it? A clear explanation would be appreciated.

Kaziscate
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I feel like the mage needs more support skills since most of the skills just stun and theres not enough skills that have buffs like defense or damage increase. And curse seems more like something only a tank would use and mages seem pretty much like the opposite. And mages seem to be bullied a lot in pvp in my oppinion so maybe fix some of the skills so they can have a fair fighting chance. Tanks have too many support skills that mages should have so maybe tone it down to 2 skills instead of 4.

Avshow
10-10-2014, 02:44 AM
I just wanna say.....better make more skills and more skill slots, so players may have more ways to play this game,we can only use 4 skills from s1-s7....and the only once new skills systems introducing is passive......now it is time to change....pls look at pocket legend, we have so many skills there to choose and so many ways to play( because gears are not distinguished by classes, but by the basic stats, bear can use bird weapon if he meets the minimum requirement of dex)

GoodSyntax
10-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I would love to see some new, more useful passives!

For instance:
HP Regen: 10 hp per second regen (even during combat) for each skill point used
Mana Regen: 10 mana per second regen (even during combat) for each skill point used
Aggro Sphere: 5m radius of increased aggro. Each skill point increases aggro radius.
Protection: 5% chance upon receiving damage to stun the attacker. Additional skill points increase chance of auto-stun.
Damage Reflection: 3% of damage received is reflected back to the attacker. Each skill point increases damage reflection by an additional 3%
Drain Sphere: 5m radius where you inflict low level damage every second to all targets in range. Damage inflicted is returned as HP to the player. Additional skill points increases radius.
Companionship: 5% chance of your pet's Arcane Ability becoming immediately available after invocation. Additional skill points increase probability by 5%.
Enrage: Any damage taken that drops your HP below 50%, you have a 5% chance to perform an AoE knockdown and increase your DMG by 25% for 3 seconds. Additional skill points increase probability by 5%.

With these types of passives in place, I can see Warriors as hugely beneficial in timed elite runs with Aggro Sphere, Protection and Damage Reflection Passives.

Here are some of the benefits I can see with this type of passive system:

Warriors
Running elites or PvP with Aggro Sphere (or Enrage), Protection and Damage Reflection passives maxed out. This would make tanks offensive weapons, instead of meat shields.
I can totally see the combination of Juggernaut plus Enrage being a very nice, complementary system.

Sorcerers
Running with Protection, Drain Sphere and Enrage could turn Sorcs into the stunlock, AoE killers that we really want them to be.
Alternatively, Sorcs could use HP Regen, Drain Sphere and Protection to become extremely tanky and difficult to kill.

Rogues
Obviously, Mana Regen will be popular, along with Enrage and perhaps Companionship. I know, you probably think a max of 25% chance of your pet's AA could be OP, but 5 precious skill points spent on a 1-in-4 chance of immediate pet AA is a difficult choice to make. Personally, with my play-style, I would take Enrage, Drain Sphere and Protection, since I like to fight in the middle of mob packs.

Deadroth
10-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Welcome on forums Fibax! :)

I won't make Your head explode by detailed explainations. Just a few words.
I am playing mostly mage, and, as most (if not all of sorcerers), i am irritated by low level of our survivality.
If I could suggest something, it would be improving our shield, and overall, making our dmg higher, cause good rogues have higher dps and dmg than average mage,
what shouldn't take place in this game.

Regards.
Dead

hozukreti
10-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Happy to see new skill, need more skill for verity build and supporting party.

Ice
10-19-2014, 12:43 AM
I strongly Suggest new skills slot because players can have more combination of skills. ( rouge , warrior , mage )

New skills wont be enough in a few months people will get bored of it.. but with skills slot they can have 2 support skills and damage skills they can combine with.

Let me give you a good example ( HoR , jug , Axe , smash , CS ) Hor = heal - Jug is support skills unti stun. for now warrior can only use axe and smash and the rest is normal attach when cool down... just imagine with 1 more skills then they can combo better.

Same goes for mage ( heal , shield are the two support skills ) then 2 killing skills, with extra skills slot mage can do a lot of combination since the cool down of skills is fast. - mages can explain this better.

with extra skills slot people dont need to swap skills during in battle .

oagrafr
10-20-2014, 03:02 PM
A guy has scammed my lunar pendant his nale is mom pls meet me my name is oagraaba

Niixed
10-22-2014, 10:19 PM
So well thought out!

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:12 PM
What about let's say neww skills for each class?

Rogue:

- Flaming Arrow
>An arrow on fire that hits target and has upgrades to "burn".

Mage:

- Glory Spark
> The mage will briefly go up with like blue/green energy like on the mythic amulets but smaller and in like waves going around him and then the energy goes back down into the ground with a aura or circle on the ground that damages enemys.

Warrior:

-Rush
> He would boost forward like running with his weapon in front of him into an enemy.

Leave feedback on my idea please.
:)

extrapayah
10-27-2014, 05:09 AM
I recently found out that warrior's stun, and mage's lightning stun doesn't work on bosses -_-a

isn't it a bit too underpowered? okay i don't mind that the bosses are immune to 100% stun from fireball or gale, but immune to 25% chance on skyward, axe throw, or lightning??? don't you think it make the upgrade a lot useless? especially for axe throw and lightning which are single targeted (and supposedly made to strike ONE strong opponent?)

thanks

conradev
10-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Release the cooldown on skill slots...the decision to add that was an atrocity.

For an underpowered class such as mage there is no reason why if we are skilled enough to access our menu and replace shield with an attack skill that we should not be able to do so. I think the feedback you got from players was a little skewed. The vast majority had no issue with it and a growing minority were using it. It REALLY took a lot of fun dynamics out of VS (our own class) VS (other classes) as well as timed runs...We should not find ourselves standing at a boss waiting for gale to cooldown so we can replace it with lightning.

Also, mages had finally seen remote success and AT LEAST interesting battles with tanks around the time a slim minority confused you into thinking there was some harm in switching skills. These people some how figured that because they had no success in PVP that you should limit other player's success and fun as well, because they either were not fast enough to switch effectively or refused to try.

The best way to create an environment with fair and balanced skills across classes is to allow the top tier of each class evolve into different strategies using what you have given us. Changing the mechanics of the game is a never win situation, and the players who were most belligerent about getting skill switching removed have since STILL found no success in PVP just like we told them they wouldn't, and thence believe the game is flawed and have posted "farewell to AL" threads perpetually and it annoys me... This game is a better game with switching and I wish you would at least explore the possibility that it was a mistake removing it and even that it was in fact a disgruntled minority who asked you to in the first place and that they were wrong.

Also, allow us to at least dismiss our pet when we have used his skill and not have to wait for a cd. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to dismiss our pets but several reasons why we should be able to. And in my opinion we should be able to switch to a different pet during the prior pets cd time, and then have the same cd time just continue to where we are not able to use our newly summoned pet.

conradev
10-29-2014, 05:18 PM
And btw, as a mage, I love all my skills, my permanent build uses all 8 skills and no passives...and every one I find extemely useful outside of knockback on shield and freezing puddles on ice...(I personally have no use for them but others very well may).

Please do not change gale force, it is a pro's skill and has a majority bad wrap because most don't understand how to use it...as an alternative, myself and others will promise to post tutorials on its uses and effectiveness. Any change, even a subtle one to gale could be detrimental to mage timed runs AND mage PVP.

Alhuntrazeck
11-01-2014, 01:12 AM
I would suggest a couple of changes to the mage's skills.

The main problem currently is the lack of survivability. There is something wrong in the game if a max geared mage gets 1 hit/1 combo'd by a rogue using Druid gear! It seems unfair that the mage MUST have shield on if they don't want to get 1 hit or combo'd.

Some mages have found a workaround to the survivability issue by using Gale Force. Others, however, who wish to have a ranged attack skill like Fireball instead (or don't want to fly into the horizon, deep into the enemy lines where the opposing DPS can pick them out easily) find it difficult to survive.

My suggestion to fix this?

Boost the mages' base armor by about 100-200 points. This would be a global buff so that all further armor boosts (such as gale, Glacian's AA, etc) will stack.

Combine the HP and mana regen upgrades on Lifegiver and add a new one that gives +20% armor on healing to all allies for say 5 seconds.

Give shield stun immunity. Or, if that is too OP, make clock gives all allies inside it stun immunity! :p

Increase the values of HP and Mana regen to make it a viable upgrade.

Gensin
11-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Buff mages, Its disgusting. In endgame and in twink.

Give the shield stun immunity in replace for that stupid knockback.

If you not follow our suggestions. Might as well delete shield and replace it with a teleporting spell.

phillyr
11-12-2014, 08:50 PM
My feedback while being as nice as i can is to quit making these temp "events" and fix the gameplay as a whole. Yhere have been many many many great suggestions from long time pro players...lets stop BSing and get it done

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

whizzyrich
12-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I play mage. You need separate trees for PvE and PvP. You also have to consider the different play of those primarily solo and those in guilds - totally different playing experiences. Players can follow trees most closely conforming to their playing style.

manhands
12-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi. I currently play all classes with one of each at the end game level. I mostly play with the mage. I agree with others that an additional skill or "rotating skill wheel" a la Order and Chaos would be handy. As for the types of skills and passives, I'm ok with those. Fix a couple bugs and raise the cap and I'm sure to stick around. Although, I'm pretty sure I'll stick around anyways.

Primeblades
12-17-2014, 01:09 PM

The elimination of swapping skills in pvp was smart in my opinion, the ability to swap skills in pvp just gave people with fast fingers an upper hand. Pvp should not be about whoever can swap their skills the fastest wins, thats not fun.

I think a 5th slot would be awesome too, but then every class should also get an additional skill, say mages should get a skill like juggernaut or spinning daggers or we could get a support skill, cause when you think about it mages are supposed to be a support class. I think that would add a lot more strategy to the game and keep people experimenting with builds

Primeblades
12-17-2014, 03:57 PM
I strongly Suggest new skills slot because players can have more combination of skills. ( rouge , warrior , mage )

New skills wont be enough in a few months people will get bored of it.. but with skills slot they can have 2 support skills and damage skills they can combine with.

Let me give you a good example ( HoR , jug , Axe , smash , CS ) Hor = heal - Jug is support skills unti stun. for now warrior can only use axe and smash and the rest is normal attach when cool down... just imagine with 1 more skills then they can combo better.

Same goes for mage ( heal , shield are the two support skills ) then 2 killing skills, with extra skills slot mage can do a lot of combination since the cool down of skills is fast. - mages can explain this better.

with extra skills slot people dont need to swap skills during in battle .

We need more skills too. If sts adds another skill slot without any new skills then that almost destroys being unique. If they add another skill slot almost everybody will have the same builds. We need new skills to add variety, technique, and strategy. I think adding additional skill slots is a good idea, we just need new skills along with it

davidvilla
12-22-2014, 12:03 PM
For balancing pvp we indeed new new skills and several things has to be taken into consideration as follows:
- sorc heal has to be increased slightly
- use of 5 skill has to be LOCKED under level 21. Pvp is totally in favor of warriors at low level pvp below 21. ( juggernaut, veng, horn) are 3 heals right there. so under level 21 old school style 4 skill set will be good for balancing pvp.
- similarly armor stack in stat has to be limited. If u look at level 10/11 warrior twinks they get too much armor from goblin ring, abaddon/Frist/ littlebear, will set, shield. Such low level and armor around 800 is too much. Sts need control this. It's going out of control.
- Skill like juggernaut has to be merged into horn. I.e remove juggernaut heal and merge incoming damage reduction into horn as a next point.
- rogue skill needs massive changes. So many useless skills r there which basically no body prefer to use like shadow viel.

pepperx
01-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Hey I missed this thread start but have been excited for skill rework since it was first mentioned.
I play a sorc at cap and mostly play pve but am now venturing into PvP. So my feed back is on my pve build/experience. I change my build a lot but this is my current one I don't usually use 6 skills but I like this build.
Fire 4/5 no ignite ( I dislike it might because damage seems low except for when reflected at u lol)
Lightning 3/5 - empower & discharge
Ice 3/5 -jaggad and shatter (I never use shatter)
Shield 2/5 only hardened ATM
Time 4/5 - time bomb (I dislike timebomb either mobs are dead by experation of spell, or in elite it doesn't seem to do enough damage to warrant taking)
Heal 3/5 - regrowth and empower ( regrowth and empower are in my opinion useless at least at high levels I mean 100 health is nothing even if u get it all at once. I also basically stopped using heal since extended range was fixed. I understand that the range was never supposed to be as wide as it was, but as a mage in pve the skill is usually not used to benifit yourself. Heal is used to keep your teammates from dying and it never seems to reach the people u want anymore. For what its worth I would like to see the range extended. )
Passives I change up a lot but always max Str, Dex, and Int. I think it would be useful to have more in depth explanations about how passives effect your stats in the skill section though. I took damage max for over a year before I found out it was basically pointless for me because it doesn't stack with pet damage, and every pet I use grants damage. I'm sure there are lots of players wasting lots of points in similar ways.
Well good luck I'm excited to see what u guys come up with.

Primeblades
01-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I already said some of this in another thread but these are the things i would like changed in the skills system of a mage.

1 I would like to see the freeze work on a mage's ice ability again in pvp
2 Not sure if this is a good idea, but i was thinking it would be cool if the mage's curse ability would deal 100% damage to the first attack that comes first, making op abilities like aim shot or like axe throw deal 100% damage back to the enemy. Thus an op rogue with extreme damage gets a little of his own medicine if the mage plays his curse correctly. Also after the 100% damage back the mage's curse will continually do small amounts of damage back like 30%. If that idea doesnt work then im fine with that, just a little suggestion. However i really think the curse ability should deal more damage back on abilitys like aim shot rather than kill over time abilities like clock. Clock has become totally useless in pvp due to curse. Plus rogues never have to worry about losing much life when a curse is placed over them because curse relects very minimal damage from aim shot and shadow pierce.
3 Concerning lifegiver i think mages heal over time ability that you can additionally unlock should be increased pretty dramatically because it is just a lame and redundant side ability
4 All classes except for the mage class has a stun immunity ability. Id like to see some short of stun immunity ability for the mage on this upcoming buff. Whether they add a short stun immunity on the shield ability or create a totally new ability i really dont care.
5 Gale force is contrary to popular belief a decent ability in pvp. It may however need some buffing, perhaps a damage boost or like maybe you could even add in a stun immunity side ability. That would draw more attention to this underrated ability

flawlessfire
01-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Flawlessfire Level 40 rogue.
I love the game but the only issue I have is I don't understand the difference between the regular map and the elite map. Why do you not get XP at the beginning of the elite map but the enemies are harder to kill? It makes now sense to me. I think the game should have more maps that you unlock when complete each map. And maybe more levels then stopping at 41😊

Dangerousss
01-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Mage
I only do pve and my build currently is fireball lightning clock heal
Fireball:great aoe and does burning and knockback added bonus
Lightening: used to deal huge damage to bosses and elite mobs
Clock: rooting them is really good and constant aoe always good
Heal: for health and mana
Currently all my upgrade points go intelgence because all bosses in later maps 1-hit me to no point on putting any on strength
I used my extra skill points for 5 on damage, 5 int 5str 5crt and 5 in dex
Please add armor and health buffs to skills, Mage can't survive in pvp or pve anymore

Leonut
01-15-2015, 01:28 AM
This thread started in March 2014? It is now almost February 2015. Need I say more?

phillyr
01-23-2015, 08:18 AM
This thread started in March 2014? It is now almost February 2015. Need I say more?
It seems to be an appeasement thread

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

supersyan
03-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Well..

obee
03-13-2015, 06:10 AM
So thread was created in September 2014. Now it's March 2015. This folks, is how you lose customers.

Allows.
03-13-2015, 06:29 AM
I totally agree with obee.
What did you do in the last one year, regarging skills?
Skills are one of the most important things in a MMORPG, keep that in mind.

Jazzi
03-13-2015, 06:30 AM
There is a even earlier thread for February 2014, where they say that they are going to start working on a new skill system, as they realise that the current one has short-comings. I do realise that it is a dangerous endeavour to change the skills, but some small changes, like extending the duration of the warrior's taunts could have been made in this year. I have seen other games (Diablo3) being completely changed, not only in terms of skills, but also in terms of itemization, drop-rates, mobs, maps etc.

Please do not delete all my comments where I bring up the original thread. Thank you very much :-)

Avshow
03-16-2015, 12:20 AM
pls read devs

Amvulpix
03-16-2015, 07:45 PM
I love to pvp handicapped because I love style and style is always art and art is always swag and yes I do get kills with these handicaps
I am a rogue my favorite class of all time

First off

I like the skill called noxious bolt , the sneakiest skill of all lustfull time, sadly it don't do what it's suppose to do , most the upgrades don't work in pvp

I like the skill called shadow veil , oh boy good old shadow veil that blue color I feel like I'm cloud nine but the explosion don't work in pvp :( so I'm just cloud 8.

I like the skill trap , oh yea trap , I love to lay my thick trap out on the ground and hope my prey lay it's foot inside , but the pull upgrade does not register sadly I wish it would work and the explode damage upgrade it said its suppose to be high but it's not high, that needs to be fixed.

I love that aimshot , good old aimshot , just charge and let go while ppl not looking , that skill needs more range

I like that skill called shadow storm shot, but it's not stormy enough :( to create a disaster, hopefully all the upgrades work on that skill because none of the upgrades work which is really disappointing.

I like that skill called razor shield, oh boy spinning freedom is babe at this moment and if only it was razory enough sadly only 1 upgrade works in pvp, it would be lovely if the skill did what it's said its suppose to do.

I like that skill called shadow peirce , again I wish the upgrades did what it's suppose to do, even that upgrade that says Little damage that comes out after peirce, you know when the rogue dances like a ballerina In the air , that delayed need be fixed, it's weird that when you use that upgrade shadow peirce does lower damage than it suppose to do.

If changes like this make I'll surly play al again more :)

Amvulpix
03-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Hey Fibus :) great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!

Lel lel lel and if that existed 2015 March today , Al would be done for , ppl already using 4 attack skills full blown with that nekro pet already . They not even using heal or sheild skills

Newcomx
03-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Class: Sorcerer

Current Builds: PVE

Skill Build & Reason:
5/5 Time Shift - Attack: high area dmg with dot; Defense: snare enemies and keep distance with range attack enemies (e.g archer);
5/5 Frost Bolt - Attack: moderate area dmg with dot, fast cooldown; Defense: freeze and slowed enemies;
4/5 Fireball (No Scorch) - Attack: high area dmg with dot; Defense: stun enemies;
3/5 Lightning Strike (No Discharge & Shock) - The highest dmg of Sorcerer skill, mostly used for fighting boss, switch with time shift or frost bolt, depend on boss;
4/5 Arcane Shield (No Displacement) - for defensive purpose in elite maps
2/5 Lifegiver (Only Empower upgrade) - for mana gain, mostly used in normal or easy elite maps.

Passives Build
5/5 Knowledge, Might, & Agility - All these passive increase dmg & health;
2/5 Critical Shot - excess skill point, put on critical for higher critical chance;

Dislikes skills/upgrades: Curse - not to useful with my playstyle