PDA

View Full Version : CTF Lag

Bigboyblue
09-04-2014, 07:03 AM
What is up with the lag that occurs during clashes in ctf? I suppose it isn't even really lag but a reduced frame rate. It makes it almost impossible to move and do anything. If you exit and re enter the map you are fine and if you die it corrects itself as well. It can be a real pain to deal with and doesn't seem to happen in tdm. Is everyone experiencing this issue?

Kreasadriii
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Maybe some loading graphics at same time, especially AA of the pet like Dova Bear..
Just my point of view :)

Zeus
09-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I think it might be a memory leak issue for Android. Why? I seem to get this lag on any Android device that I have but if I switch to iOS...I get none of this lag. However, if I go to chrome and I've been clashing for 2-3 hours, I'll start noticing my frame rate begin to drop as well until I restart Chrome.

Bigboyblue
09-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Interesting. So IOS doesn't have the same issue? Also it sounds like Chrome takes a while to start experiencing this. On my tab it can happen at any moment. It can be the first room I enter, or the 8th. I'll try playing on my IOS device. Now that I think about it I haven't had this problem on my Iphone. The only problem on my Iphone is target focusing. It's too hard for me to see where everyone is on the tiny screen. In pvp size does matter.

Is this an STS issue then? I'm not overly technical and am not sure what a memory leak is.

Zeus
09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Interesting. So IOS doesn't have the same issue? Also it sounds like Chrome takes a while to start experiencing this. On my tab it can happen at any moment. It can be the first room I enter, or the 8th. I'll try playing on my IOS device. Now that I think about it I haven't had this problem on my Iphone. The only problem on my Iphone is target focusing. It's too hard for me to see where everyone is on the tiny screen. In pvp size does matter.

Is this an STS issue then? I'm not overly technical and am not sure what a memory leak is.

A memory leak is when a program hogs up memory and does not let go of that memory when it is done using it. Instead, it just keeps taking new memory from your RAM and not recycling the old. As a result, your memory ends up getting spent pretty fast until your quit or restart the program which forced you to release the memory. The "restart" in this case, would be a death - I think.

Tablet has a lot less memory than a computer which is why I think this happens much quicker on a tablet.

I know that all of my Android devices have it and this is what I've theorized.

Iliketolol
09-04-2014, 01:21 PM
this happens on those rooms which have been opened for 30mins+.

Lidless
09-04-2014, 03:20 PM
We have been complaining about this for ages. Sts doesnt care.

Bigboyblue
09-05-2014, 06:57 AM
this happens on those rooms which have been opened for 30mins+.

I've had it happen on a brand new room. Once a big clash breaks out it's about a 50% chance I'm finding.

So this is an issue on STS end?

Lidless
09-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Yep