PDA

View Full Version : PL's financial health after the new content

Fusionstrike
09-04-2014, 03:37 PM
We've had the new L77 content for a month now, so I was wondering what kind of money it has raised in plat spending. There's been a plat sale followed by double XP weekend, both events that should tend to increase plat buying and spending over and above the interest from new content. It would be really great if someone from STS could comment on how this has impacted PL.

Now of course I don't expect a dev is going to come out and say how much money PL has made since the new content was released; I'm just looking for a qualitative judgment. For example, a while back the dev staff talked about how the new classes were released at the end of 2012. They had hoped it would spark renewed interest in PL so they could fund continued development. Unfortunately, it didn't result in the uptick of interest and plat spending they were hoping for, so they made the decision to shelve new development. In other words, they were disappointed in how their work was received.

I'd like to hear something along those lines for the L77 content. Is it going about how you expected? Maybe it's worse than you thought? Maybe it's surprisingly better? Maybe it's even going well enough that you're considering more frequent updates to build some momentum? I bet I'm not alone in wanting to hear some dev-side impressions of how the new update is going from your perspective.

iiirootzz
09-04-2014, 03:47 PM
I agree! I would love to hear about this!

programmed
09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I've seen lots of old players who had quit come back to PL after this newest cap. I think it's really helped stg but I guess it all depends on if all those people bought plat or not.

Rescind
09-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I've seen lots of old players who had quit come back to PL after this newest cap. I think it's really helped stg but I guess it all depends on if all those people bought plat or not.

Hopefully they didn't quit with 2k plat sitting in their account as they waited for a new cap :/

The Happiness
09-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Hopefully they didn't quit with 2k plat sitting in their account as they waited for a new cap :/

I did ;)

Riccits
09-05-2014, 05:36 AM
i had 2k plat, and needet almost all for the grind to 77 and farm.. so i bought another 2k last Weekend

Epw
09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
im pretty sure that stgs pocket have been filled up x)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I came back xD
Oldie Status

Otahaibab
09-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Bump *I want to hear a devs answer*

Armourslash
09-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Ikr.

Ruby!!!
09-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Guess real junkies pay to spend 10 hours in plasma pyramid before spending even more in sand caves to get a set that looking exactly like a cheapish low level set...

Armourslash
09-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Guess real junkies pay to spend 10 hours in plasma pyramid before spending even more in sand caves to get a set that looking exactly like a cheapish low level set...

Ikr, they then say the game is "boring" when they cap too fast.

Chopper
09-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Ikr, they then say the game is "boring" when they cap too fast.

yeah. Players look for the most boring shortcuts shouldn't complain if they dont get to enjoy actually playing. It's their choice to grind in low level dungeons, rather than how the Devs mapped out the game.

Fastcast
09-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Id think they gave up on giving new content after seeing the reuse of sandstone items and maps for L77 and no vanity for reaching an amazing 300k xp for L77 all u get is a pet thats dissappointing. I just hope the elites this time around arent worthless junk like BSM elites. No matter what ill always love PL and sts for making it possible in the first place. Thanks STS 1 love

And dont forget that in the past all uncrafted sets also had special effects and the new ones dont thats prolky why the high drop rated L77 items are worthless in cs

Armourslash
09-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Id think they gave up on giving new content after seeing the reuse of sandstone items and maps for L77 and no vanity for reaching an amazing 300k xp for L77 all u get is a pet thats dissappointing. I just hope the elites this time around arent worthless junk like BSM elites. No matter what ill always love PL and sts for making it possible in the first place. Thanks STS 1 love

And dont forget that in the past all uncrafted sets also had special effects and the new ones dont thats prolky why the high drop rated L77 items are worthless in cs
Probably cos of appearance but the str set better than savage.

largecommand
09-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I just hope the elites this time around arent worthless junk like BSM elites.

I dont think there will be elites..? I'm not sure if they release elites with the cap or a couple months later. Wasn't here for the start of BSM

BroadCastle
09-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Elite dungeons as well as elites themselves used to be released with couple months delay. Either l71's or l76's. Still it does not mean anything though. This 'emergency' super cap is like nothing we had before. Two cap levels availabe to reach is also something very strange (and unfair in comparison with all previous updates). Nothing since the 'retro' update bringing some incomplete set of useless items makes sense to me. Inconsistent decisions and strategy we are witnesses of gives me no clue pointing out there are some elites comming.

Suentous PO
09-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I think the announcement incorrectly used the term elite meaning 77 capped sets, and not the rarity purple that we equate to items like esb, ewt, leading some to think there will be more elite rarity items.

If they won't add the missing ax I don't see why they would be working on more items.
I'd love to be wrong tho

Fusionstrike
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
It still would be great to hear from STS whether this update has helped fill the old coffers a bit.

monthendos
09-17-2014, 10:44 AM
ete4