View Full Version : advice for lvl15 pvp dex bear. skill and stat.

SoulMaster
01-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Hey guys. Im a bit new and found the pvp system amazing. So i need some advice on pvp as i am getting 50 kills per 100 deaths. Yes, im getting owned 360 degrees. Is there any specific skill build and stats which might make u stronger? Advice of weapon usage is needed too.. Thanks everyone who make an effort to tell me(so that i dont get owned to the extent of 1 kill 2 deaths LOL)

JackDonkey
01-22-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't PVP but i've been hearing a pally is a pretty good choice.

SoulMaster
01-22-2011, 07:22 AM
I see. But what i really need is a guide on dex bears lol

Reported
01-22-2011, 09:35 AM
9 Str
Rest on Dex

Gear -
Pirate Sniper helm
Jewel Theif dark forest
Snowball launcher / Candy wing shield + Jewel theif talon or festive talon

Skills -
Unlock all 3 slashes so you need to put 1 point on super mega slash
5 Rage
5 Stomp
1 Crushing Blow

When your close to an enemy use rage auto attack and use all 3 slashes when your next to them and stomp the killing blow
if your low on health run around your regen will save you

Zerious
01-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd say 3 stomp is best: the range radius is maxed and you get no improvement WHATSOEVER from rank 3 to 4. It's a waste of 1 skill point so only 3 stomp. You could use the other 2 points in other skills that will benefit you further

SoulMaster
01-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Ah great advice. Thx guys. So, 5 or 3 on stomp? is it wise to put 3 on mega slash?

Zerious
01-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Ah great advice. Thx guys. So, 5 or 3 on stomp? is it wise to put 3 on mega slash?

3 stomp only. If you must raise the rank on slash skills, then do it sequentially. example: make sure all slash skills are rank 1 before making any of the slashes rank 2. You get the most damage output overall, and in case you miss any of them, you'll have good damage from the other slashes. Yes, you WILL miss at times at level 15, even at full dex

SoulMaster
01-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Hm ok. my build now is:
5 Rage
1 Vengeful Slash
1 Crippling Slash
1 Super Mega Slash
1 Taunt
5 Stomp. (Yes i haven't respec, haven't bought any platinums yet.)

So, after i change taunt into crushing blow and stomp to rank 3, i have 2 spare points left, how would you advice me to allocate my points given i have 88% hit chance with tinsel talon and wing, and 24 armor? I'm pure dex.

Thanks Zerious in advance :)

Zerious
01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I'd either put

+1 to vengeful slash and +1 to super mega slash, because they both get higher damage boosts per rank over crippling (If you wanna get rid of taunt, you could put that point into crippling, but the +6 dodge is a nice touch)

or

Waiting till you get crippling blow and dump all 3 points (2 spare, 1 from taunt) into crippling blow. The problem with crippling blow is that you gotta get in really close to pull it off. I recommend boosting the two slashes I pointed out earlier while keeping taunt. It's a good balance and VERY simple :)

SoulMaster
01-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Excellent guide and explaination. Indeed a pro as expected, zerious

Zerious
01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Why thank you :)

ZedMaster
02-02-2011, 12:06 PM
yo i followed this and my stats r
vengence slash-2
stomp-3
tuant-1
clipping slash-1
rage-5
super mega slash-2
and i got 3 extra skill points (im a lvl 18 dex bear) which other skills should i place them on? (note: i also got chrushing blow, restore, and iron blood

SoulMaster
02-13-2011, 02:15 AM
How do i allocate my skill points now? Theres now a rank 6 available. Zerious or any PVP experts.. Advice please!

Zerious
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
How do i allocate my skill points now? Theres now a rank 6 available. Zerious or any PVP experts.. Advice please!

rage to 6 stomp is still good at 3 only, checked level 6 stomp and it's not worth it imo, like a 3% damage increase per level after lvl 4

as for Zed, iron blood makes you really bulky by increasing your armor, it's a very useful buff. At level 1, Iron blood raises your armor by 8, after wards it's +4 per level. Crushing blow is extremely useful if you're good at getting in close to your opponents. It lowers your opponent's damage and hit rate like the lvl 20 Hell scream skill, only it's melee and there's no stun. Restore is useful when paired with iron blood, since most matches won't last more than 5 seconds, which happens to be the length of time you get the boosted 5 H/s.

I recommend at least 1 iron blood, the rest is up to you. Consider your slash skills too :D

largecommand
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
ok first of all u guys r all wrong
iam a dex bear lvl 15 and my kills are 867 to 148deaths
i have found the perfect build and it own. and iam not even using expensive items.
let me just say
Dual SPEC!
it helps out alot when ur low lvl!!!

Dyclonious
03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I usually play dex bear lvl 10. But there is one thing I can say for sure, and this goes for all pvp for all dex bears at ANY LEVEL.

Max your Rage with all 6 skill points. Then put 1 point in every 'damage dealing' ability.

You will have skill points left over, and that is where specs become unique. As for the basics, the above rule applies to all dex bears who want max dps in pvp.

The rest of the nit picky stuff can be read earlier in the thread.

EDIT: The reason for max Rage is because 30% crit chance is unmatched. Critical strikes scale ridiculously high in PL, as your abilities may have low base damage - they may crit for double and then some.

You will beat the guy with 5 points in Rage, everytime.

liquidmojo
04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
How should the stat points be allocated? I initially loaded my stats str heavy. I thought that made since for tanking. I guess dex is better for dmg. I am very familiar with wow stats but as far as PL goes, I am still learning .... A little explanation is greatly appreciated

DOAPSaint
04-07-2011, 04:14 AM
How should the stat points be allocated? I initially loaded my stats str heavy. I thought that made since for tanking. I guess dex is better for dmg. I am very familiar with wow stats but as far as PL goes, I am still learning .... A little explanation is greatly appreciated
I'd like to know the answer to that question too... I'm just starting PvP.

And also what gear is best to use for a lvl 15?