PDA

View Full Version : Forum banners suggestion

ClumsyCactus
09-06-2014, 11:56 AM
What about a banner in game for forumers? I think that people like zeus (for an example) deserves to show people that he is a member on forums... My suggestion is following:
New forumer banner: is a simple banner with the sts logo on, kind of like arcane banner but with sts mark.
5 Green bars banner: is the sts logo flowing over your head, like the mom banner.
10 Green bars banner: is like hearts banner, but with sts logo
Thread translation: i want a banner with sts logo on XD

obee
09-06-2014, 11:58 AM
How would you do that? It's not like your forum account ign is linked with in game ign. Some people could impersonate some people

Bunny♥
09-06-2014, 12:04 PM
How would you do that? It's not like your forum account ign is linked with in game ign. Some people could impersonate some people

how will they impersonate?! o.O
impersonating using banners? LMFAO

Visiting
09-06-2014, 12:10 PM

Have an NPC in game, let's say "Social Sally", and at this NPC you could log into to your forum account, and it would bestow your banner :)

Schnitzel
09-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Nice suggestion Jina, however
Like how we (AL Minutemen) were suggesting about having a AL MM banner/vanity to identify us ingame, it is difficult to keep track of who is and who isn't a minutemen. (And also with the added problem that some may become a MM just for the rewards)

Same goes for Forum Banners
While this is a very awesome suggestion, there are chances that people will boost, or make alt forum accounts to increase their forum reputation.

If Forum Banners IS added to the game though, i would suggest making a contest to get one

obee
09-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Have an NPC in game, let's say "Social Sally", and at this NPC you could log into to your forum account, and it would bestow your banner :)

Good solution

Ebezaanec
09-06-2014, 02:21 PM
No, no banners with STG logos should be implemented. People with it will try to impersonate working for STG and thus scam and wreak havoc on the community.

Visiting
09-06-2014, 02:28 PM
No, no banners with STG logos should be implemented. People with it will try to impersonate working for STG and thus scam and wreak havoc on the community.

Don't use the Sts logo, use the AL logo with a particle effect?

obee
09-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Don't use the Sts logo, use the AL logo with a particle effect?

If it's a forum banner, AL isn't the only game though

Visiting
09-06-2014, 02:42 PM
If it's a forum banner, AL isn't the only game though

Ok, everyone game gets its respective logo, problem solved :p

Visiting
09-06-2014, 02:48 PM
For the actual banner maybe we could have anothe contest such as this -http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99771

Anarchist
09-06-2014, 03:07 PM
There are already forum titles for this.
If you wanna let people know who you are on forum say
"I am soso on forum"
And if you are active and helpful, who you are talkin with will know you.

But if you want a banner for fashion or bragging rights that's another different story.

ClumsyCactus
09-06-2014, 03:26 PM
There are already forum titles for this.
If you wanna let people know who you are on forum say
"I am soso on forum"
And if you are active and helpful, who you are talkin with will know you.

But if you want a banner for fashion or bragging rights that's another different story.

Oh, i dont want them for bragging rights, i just want a banner with sts logo Cuz it would look fab, and i thought it would be a good idea to maybe Link it to the forums ;)

Anarchist
09-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh, i dont want them for bragging rights, i just want a banner with sts logo Cuz it would look fab, and i thought it would be a good idea to maybe Link it to the forums ;)

If they could link a banner from game directly to forum it would be awesome.

If they sold them for 25plat it would be great.
If they exclusively and randomly gave a few out through a contest it would be cool.
If they gave them in base of your posts it would be okay.

Rewarding banners based on the number of green bars won't work. :)

ClumsyCactus
09-06-2014, 03:45 PM
If they could link a banner from game directly to forum it would be awesome.

If they sold them for 25plat it would be great.
If they exclusively and randomly gave a few out through a contest it would be cool.
If they gave them in base of your posts it would be okay.

Rewarding banners based on the number of green bars won't work. :)

Sure, btw, how does Green Blobs work? Can anyone explain/Link me to a thread About that... I have 4, but im still a noob on forums so idk yet XD

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
If Forum Banners IS added to the game though, i would suggest making a contest to get one

A contest to see who is helpful and kind? Well, a lot of people are considerate and helpful so how do we measure someones helpfulness? We can't measure it by the items one gives because some people are insanely rich, we can't measure it in how many elites someone does with other because some people are seriously OP and will do them faster...

So how DO WE Measure it?

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Sure, btw, how does Green Blobs work? Can anyone explain/Link me to a thread About that... I have 4, but im still a noob on forums so idk yet XD

Pretty sure:
One dark blob=100 Points ( Reputation, view able via settings )
One light blob=200 Points ( Can only be earned once the first 5 dark green blobs are earned )

obee
09-06-2014, 03:51 PM

The green thumb gives you light green bars.Go to guide section, you will find a guide about reputation.

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 03:57 PM
The green thumb gives you light green bars.Go to guide section, you will find a guide about reputation.

In the guide from gluttony I pretty much did a TLDR with my post ^_^ No specific addition to ones rep can specifically give a coloured bar. A bar is given based on the players reputation points, not the type of reputation they receive. ;)

obee
09-06-2014, 04:11 PM
In the guide from gluttony I pretty much did a TLDR with my post ^_^ No specific addition to ones rep can specifically give a coloured bar. A bar is given based on the players reputation points, not the type of reputation they receive. ;)
Ahhh ok thanks! It's very confusing lol

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Ahhh ok thanks! It's very confusing lol

xD!

Szangheili
09-06-2014, 07:46 PM
This is such a great idea :D just wish STS can find a way to link our IGN's to the forum account :(

Alhuntrazeck
09-06-2014, 08:25 PM
5 now

The green bars are worth 100 rep points each and the light green 200. If someone thanks you you get 100 rep points. If someone thumbs you up, you get the same amount of rep points that they have in rep power. For eg, I have 83 and have just thumbed you up. This gives you 83 more rep points so that if you were higher than 17 when I repped you, you'd get another green bar (which you got right now). Make sense?

Chaozedong
09-06-2014, 08:29 PM
It would be a good idea to grant a forum banner to everyone that joins the forum.

This would get a larger part of the community involved in the forum's discussions.

Visiting
09-06-2014, 08:48 PM
5 now

The green bars are worth 100 rep points each and the light green 200. If someone thanks you you get 100 rep points. If someone thumbs you up, you get the same amount of rep points that they have in rep power. For eg, I have 83 and have just thumbed you up. This gives you 83 more rep points so that if you were higher than 17 when I repped you, you'd get another green bar (which you got right now). Make sense?

Now I know who to beg for thanks XD jk jk

ArtofWar
09-06-2014, 09:05 PM
5 now

100 rep points for one thanks? o.o I think you meant 2 ;)

Szangheili
09-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Idk how many green bars I've got since I'm always in the STS app for iOS but I agree that the banners in game should go towards your forum rep

Bless
09-06-2014, 10:21 PM
It's kinda' sad how one has nothing to show for years of foruming with consistent constructiveness and 7000+ posts other than a title and a post count. Of course the knowledge gained throughout is valuable but it isn't formal recognition.

Although I don't agree on your specific designs, banners or new avatars would be a start for developers to reward veteran forumers for their contributions, and since there are in-game rewards this isn't impossible to carry out.

Zeus
09-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Now I know who to beg for thanks XD jk jk

This applies to thumbs up, not to thanks. Thanks are only worth +2 points.

That being said, I have 272 rep points. xD

Matutd
09-06-2014, 10:32 PM
This applies to thumbs up, not to thanks. Thanks are only worth +2 points.

That being said, I have 272 rep points. xD
Thumb me pls

Visiting
09-06-2014, 11:13 PM
I hope this doesn't turn into a thank farming thread, but if I does I want some of dat 272 power XD

Gensin
09-06-2014, 11:32 PM
I hope this doesn't turn into a thank farming thread, but if I does I want some of dat 272 power XD

It will certainly will, if the banner will look cool.

Visiting
09-06-2014, 11:42 PM
It will certainly will, if the banner will look cool.

I feel like it should be based on post count, even though people would start "post farming", we, the loyal forumers could report those nabs :)

Gensin
09-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I feel like it should be based on post count, even though people would start "post farming", we, the loyal forumers could report those nabs :)

Theres a guy in here, In the forums.
That have multiple alts, using them to "thank" and give reputation in there main alts. Fact.\
Matan told me this.

Visiting
09-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Theres a guy in here, In the forums.
That have multiple alts, using them to "thank" and give reputation in there main alts. Fact.\
Matan told me this.
I've heard about that, seriously how hard is it to be constructive and get recognition for that O.o

Gorecaster
09-07-2014, 12:39 AM
I've heard about that, seriously how hard is it to be constructive and get recognition for that O.o
Lol true, fake thanks must feel great. Pfft btw I think this is a great idea. It benefits sts to have us partake here, show a little appreciation :)

Visiting
09-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Lol true, fake thanks must feel great. Pfft btw I think this is a great idea. It benefits sts to have us partake here, show a little appreciation :)

Btw Gore, you got me to 5 bars just now XD

Zylx
09-07-2014, 01:01 AM
I think forum reputation should make it's way into the game. All (or most) of the seasoned forumers have contributed tons of valuable information to the community. I think it's possible to do so as the PL veterans have their little "Guardian of Alterra" titles. Something to distinguish us forumers from the rest. Some incentive for more players to join the forums.

Kreasadriii
09-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Keep it up!!

Nice idea.. However, banner make us look more awesome and fashionable :D

Gensin
09-07-2014, 01:23 AM
I think forum reputation should make it's way into the game. All (or most) of the seasoned forumers have contributed tons of valuable information to the community. I think it's possible to do so as the PL veterans have their little "Guardian of Alterra" titles. Something to distinguish us forumers from the rest. Some incentive for more players to join the forums.

Some didnt contribute, just made dummy alts.

Szangheili
09-07-2014, 02:47 AM
Eyyyy I've been here for a while ;) don't mind thumbing this up ;)

Schnitzel
09-07-2014, 11:31 AM

hm...
"Guardian of Arlor"
or
"Forum-ers of Arlor"

maybe rewarded based on the contributions (guides, answering other forum-er's questions, finding bugs, etc.) to the forum and InGame community?

Zeus
09-07-2014, 11:58 AM

They actually closed down that program due to a long list of reasons. In general, it just promotes a lot of spam threads attempting to be helpful but really just regurgitated information that someone else posted. I've been through it and for those reasons, I think that the thanks and reputation bar that one receives should b reward enough.

20,000 posts and counting!

Remiem
09-08-2014, 06:01 PM
As someone mentioned, this would be a tad difficult since we have nothing that links forum accounts to game accounts (although we'd love to in the future!). But you're definitely on to something here. Maybe I can brainstorm some ways to reward players for being active forumers. Let me think on it. :) Any suggestions?

obee
09-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Just have a sign in, in game.

Visiting
09-08-2014, 06:29 PM
How about on the forums, have a place in settings tie your account to your forums account?

Bunny♥
09-08-2014, 07:11 PM
As someone mentioned, this would be a tad difficult since we have nothing that links forum accounts to game accounts (although we'd love to in the future!). But you're definitely on to something here. Maybe I can brainstorm some ways to reward players for being active forumers. Let me think on it. :) Any suggestions?

well... i love banners :)

obee
09-08-2014, 07:46 PM
How about on the forums, have a place in settings tie your account to your forums account?

Well the problem is, some people (like me) use a google account so that could kind of mess up things

Schnitzel
09-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Well, I do have one suggestion, not sure if it'll work though...

If you, or another STS dev or mod decides to reward a forum-er, private message them with something like (this is just an example)
"You Have Been Selected As An Active/Helpful Forum-er!
Please Reply With Your IGN, and The Game You Would Like To Recieve Your Reward"

The reason for the pm-ing is because some people may have a forum name say "playerA" but ingame, someone else is named "playerA", so to prevent accidentally rewarding the wrong person, have the forum-er get a pm asking for their IGN and game.

This would be helpful because some people do not use a STS account to log into their game accounts (examples: Facebook, Google).

ColdBlahd
09-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Sounds cool.

Andrisber
09-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Sweet idea!

maxsaklha
09-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Please add banner for malaysian people. Ty

utpal
09-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Ur suggestion seem like GoA shield vanity of PL and SG emblem shoulder vanity (I need that vanity so badly) of SL which were removed.
so I dnt think sts would implement it but since AL is the sts hit game so there is a slight possibility.

Alhuntrazeck
09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Btw Gore, you got me to 5 bars just now XD

Gratz on your first light green ;)

UndeadJudge
09-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Give us all arcane rings

Lel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visiting
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Gratz on your first light green ;)

Wonder what nab gave it to me XD

Zeus
09-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Wonder what nab gave it to me XD

And I just gave you your second light green! Soon enough, I'll be strong enough to move 2 light green bars. *flexes*

Visiting
09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
And I just gave you your second light green! Soon enough, I'll be strong enough to move 2 light green bars. *flexes*

Soon enough people are going to think I'm "constructive" on the forums D: (Ty Parfnab for showing you awesome forum powers!)

ClumsyCactus
09-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Zeus, you defenitly dont need more strenght, not in game or real life...

Soon enough people are going to think I'm "constructive" on the forums D:
Constructive on forums? That would be Horribly boring ;)

Visiting
09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm still an advocate of this idea! (Forums needs some representation in game lol)

Zeus
09-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Zeus, you defenitly dont need more strenght, not in game or real life...

Constructive on forums? That would be Horribly boring ;)

*boosts 2 green bars*

obee
09-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Zeus's reputation wouldn't fit on a banner. LOL

Visiting
09-10-2014, 07:20 PM
He should get the title [Nab] on the forums/in game for his 20k posts :D

Zeus
09-10-2014, 07:26 PM
He should get the title [Nab] on the forums/in game for his 20k posts :D

I would love the title [Nab], lol. Madnab would never let me live it down! xD

Visiting
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I would love the title [Nab], lol. Madnab would never let me live it down! xD

He'd probably post farm himself to 20k because it's such a beautiful title XD

epicrrr
09-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Wow, this will be cool to have more people get a forum account!

Dex Scene
09-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Actually its a good idea.
A banner will make lots of lazy people (alot in my guilds) to come to forum and get educated more.
Yes a question raises, people can just make an account and never participate in any kind of convos to get the banner.
So possible solution might be a banner for let's say senior member?