PDA

View Full Version : Capture the Flag Suggestions

Kujen
01-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know whether this is already in place or not, but flag captures shouldn't count if there is nobody on the other team. I joined a public CTF with two people in it, soon after I joined one guy left (probably got booted) then the host switched teams to boot me, and I'm fairly sure he was trying to boost his flag captures without any competition.

Also, I think Kill/Death stats should be removed from CTF and any future objective gametypes. It would encourage more people to play as a team and actually capture and defend, instead of just farming people to pad their stats.

last350
01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
ha interesting, i'd like to know the answer to that as well. as for the k/d stuff for ctf, aren't they stand alone stats? dunno, i purchased ctf and pvp but havne't gone into them yet and actually seen what they do to stats.

Kujen
01-22-2011, 09:54 PM
There's a separate K/D for CTF, but I think it should be removed. People still focus on their K/D there and will leave if they die too much. It would be more fun if captures were the only stat to be concerned with because people would go for the flags more.

last350
01-22-2011, 10:19 PM
i understand and agree with your idea 8^D

asommers
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I'll make it so flag captures don't count unless there are enemies in the zone. The rest will have to wait for the PvP overhaul (queues, official Spacetime matches, etc.)

-ALS

Lesrider
01-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll make it so flag captures don't count unless there are enemies in the zone. The rest will have to wait for the PvP overhaul (queues, official Spacetime matches, etc.)

-ALS

I don't play, but what's preventing two people from locking a game and just taking turns boosting their goal count?

last350
01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
lesrider, good point, i'm sure people will always find a way to get their agenda enacted.

rules aren't made to be broken, they're made to be circumvented.

if you study law, you'll learn this is actually not only a creed to some people, but also taken as a game sometimes. people actually get a kick out of trying to find ways to work around a set standard. have you seen anyone kill the overlord by standing behind a wall while everyone else pwns him?

ThaGod
01-22-2011, 11:19 PM
DotA.
that is all