View Full Version : Global chat

smartthegod
09-06-2014, 02:54 PM
I think there should be global chat so people can find others for elite runs much easier. For guildless players its impossible, while for players in guilds it would mean a lot too. Order and Chaos for example (and many other games) has that and it works wonderfully. And if anyone don't want global talk every 10 secs, it could be turned off easily. Hope AL gets it.

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I think there should be global chat so people can find others for elite runs much easier. For guildless players its impossible, while for players in guilds it would mean a lot too. Order and Chaos for example (and many other games) has that and it works wonderfully. And if anyone don't want global talk every 10 secs, it could be turned off easily. Hope AL gets it.

Bad idea, the fluctuation of messages will mean that:
A) You can't have time to read the on you want
B) Might cause extra lag

Also, if you want to find someone for elite runs and aren't in a guild? Join a guild. Or PM some friends if you have any ;)

smartthegod
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
lol hehe, i am in guild(Eminence) but a lot of times you need a tank or someone else and you cant find easily. And about those reasons for not, I said it could be turned off. Too hard pressing finger on a turn off button?

SacredKnight
09-06-2014, 03:59 PM
lol hehe, i am in guild(Eminence) but a lot of times you need a tank or someone else and you cant find easily. And about those reasons for not, I said it coud be turned off. Too hard pressing finger on a turn off button?

Very hard actually :/ I would have to move my forefinger across my screen or drag my mouse across its pad... Oh dear the horrors D:

smartthegod
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Very hard actually :/ I would have to move my forefinger across my screen or drag my mouse across its pad... Oh dear the horrors D:

Well, you would get some muscles then.

obee
09-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Like clash of clans! They literally have this in every MMO except for AL 😑. I really doesn't cause lag, but judging the way AL is it won't take it lol. If guilds lag with 2k+ members, AL will lag in global chat. But in other games, everytime you log off, you log onto a new global server.

Schnitzel
09-07-2014, 12:43 AM
I play a game similar to Clash of clans,

There is a global chat in that game, however everyone posts so quickly that i can't finish reading a message before others are posted

Gensin
09-07-2014, 12:55 AM

There is a global chat in that game, however everyone posts so quickly that i can't finish reading a message before others are posted

Hmm..
What about global chat will cost 10k or 5 plats?

obee
09-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Yea but clash has different global servers, so it doesn't overload like that

Ebezaanec
09-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Yea but clash has different global servers, so it doesn't overload like that

Clash is a build & wait game. Most people log on for 10 min and do stuff before quiting. There is no avatar movement, no complex pvp, no auction house, no multiplayer campaign.

Obviously, they can add global chat to them, since the connectivity of each person is thru chat only. More servers isn't really a problem for a game like Clash

MoloToha
09-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Global chat is a nice feature, to prevent flooding, disposable loudspeakers should be used (tradeable and purchasable with platinum).

smartthegod
09-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Global chat is a nice feature, to prevent flooding, disposable loudspeakers should be used (tradeable and purchasable with platinum).

Lol

Ubernewber
09-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I actually think this could be quite helpful but maybe not a full global chat because of serve lag reasons, There's should be multiple global chats running at one time and there should also be a 1-5minute wait time between each time you can talk and a level 10 requirement should also be put into effect. Also I think that if a player goes "afk" for over 10 minutes they should be removed from the global chat so their spot can be filled by someone who is actually playing, maybe 100-200 players per global chat seems to be low enough for no lag :D

Ubernewber
09-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Lol

I feel u bro...

obee
09-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Clash is a build & wait game. Most people log on for 10 min and do stuff before quiting. There is no avatar movement, no complex pvp, no auction house, no multiplayer campaign.

Obviously, they can add global chat to them, since the connectivity of each person is thru chat only. More servers isn't really a problem for a game like Clash

True dat. lol that's what I do. (Upgrade my cannons, log off.)

MoloToha
09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Lol
What's funny, bro? "Loudspeaker" system is pretty effective as a flood restraint. Only dumb will flood the chat paying 50k per entry. I still don't get that "lol".

Ubernewber
09-09-2014, 08:47 AM
What's funny, bro? "Loudspeaker" system is pretty effective as a flood restraint. Only dumb will flood the chat paying 50k per entry. I still don't get that "lol".

I'm not one to cause drama but re read what u just said, Global would be a ghost town, why would anyone pay 50k to ask for people to join elite runs and have the chance of getting nothing or pay 50k to sell items worth like 200k, I find that one of the most illogical ideas ever :livid:

MoloToha
09-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm not one to cause drama but re read what u just said, Global would be a ghost town, why would anyone pay 50k to ask for people to join elite runs and have the chance of getting nothing or pay 50k to sell items worth like 200k, I find that one of the most illogical ideas ever :livid:
I said 50k just for example, it can be 20 or even 10k.

smartthegod
09-10-2014, 03:50 AM
10k per entry per message? Lol again, don't be kidding..

MoloToha
09-10-2014, 10:17 AM
10k per entry per message? Lol again, don't be kidding..

If you mean that 10k is still expensive, then it's my turn to lol. I'm at the bottom of AL and still can afford to throw out 10 or even 20k per message. Not even going to talk about guys with 100-200m fortunes

smartthegod
09-10-2014, 10:49 AM
If you mean that 10k is still expensive, then it's my turn to lol. I'm at the bottom of AL and still can afford to throw out 10 or even 20k per message. Not even going to talk about guys with 100-200m fortunes

Hope you're trolling. I believe 60% that you are lol.

Boogyy
09-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Good idea... :)