PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield vs conventional pally

Otukura
01-23-2011, 01:02 AM
So, go 126/2/127 or 158/2/95

Stuck in indecision right now, so far I'm heading towards the 158, b/c once the lvl cap gets raised, I'd have to get new booster things. Even tho I'm only 40 right now, still just thinking ahead. I already have the booster items, just in case.. Money is not a factor, I can get w/e. Oh, and the hassle of putting things on would also get on my nerves... :/

Oh, and currently I'm 126/2/82...

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Do you even want to dual spec? That's the reason for the 126/126 build. If you want to be a pally only or an int mage only, 158 is good enough.

Otukura
01-23-2011, 08:16 PM
That's what I'm trying to decide... go with 2 chars, 1 pally and 1 pure int, or a single dual spec... is the extra int really that important?

Royce
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
That's what I'm trying to decide... go with 2 chars, 1 pally and 1 pure int, or a single dual spec... is the extra int really that important?

I find the reduced damage of my pally very noticable and sometimes a bit frustrating, but I'm not sure if I'd notice if I didn't have both pally and pure.

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I like dual, Even if you never use your Mage side, bc you sacrifice less power while still increasing your survivability. I like to have as much int as possible on my pally. Would never have even considered a pally if I couldn't boost the stats first to wear the high-end gear.

Otukura
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Looks like I'll be going with dual.. maybe make a pure if I keep playing this for a long while.

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Looks like I'll be going with dual.. maybe make a pure if I keep playing this for a long while.

Another advantage to dual, like Les said, is you can keep your str to the minimum. Since you don't need str at all except just to equip gear, then you'd want to keep it as low as possible with the use of booster gear. And yes, int is that important to a mage, its the primary stat.

You can still stay pure pally even with dual spec points. I did for a bit.

Otukura
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
That's what I was originally thinking. Minor question: how long does it take to change builds for you? Just wondering. Would you be able to do it in battle? All you need to you booster load + the other items, right?

Ellyidol
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Few seconds really. Open Inventory, click booster loadout, click int/str loadout, done. Yeah you can do it in battle, but better when your not being attacked, since that split second you switch to lower armour could mean death if you get attacked at once.

Yes, just the booster gear + final gear.

Otukura
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Okay, seems pretty fast...