PDA

View Full Version : Group Survival

Sicarii
05-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Reposted from another thread:

it might not be a bad idea to make it easier to support the survivability of your teammates. An easy way to do this would be to boost the threat level warriors generate, to enable them to maintain aggro better; at the same time, strengthen the heal skill from enchantresses and allow them to be a target AE instead of centered on the caster. That way, they don't have to run into the midst of the stack to heal,then draw aggro, and get one rounded. They can stay back, heal and buff and run around, and keep their teammates alive.

Rebel
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I like it the way it is. It provides a challenge.

PvP
05-12-2010, 10:25 PM
You can't always adapt the character to the environment. You must make the environment adapt to the character. How do you do this? Find an experienced group, know what to do and when, and how to do it right. Things like this (not limited to these) are what makes MMORPGs what they are. Boosting the character for the environment's sake won't ever do any good. I do agree every now and then characters need to be re-worked (which is exactly what the devs have been doing) but a complete change in skills will affect many different opinions. As said many times before, most people like it the way it is, and love the challenges. Keep thinking though, I really like all the ideas people are developing.

Sicarii
05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, i love the challenge. In fact, i am all for the successive releases upping the difficulty even further. My thought was more along the lines of providing a more cohesive group experience. As it is right now, the roles of various characters blur into each other. I would love being able to play and have each person have a role they fill in the overall scheme of the group. If tanks can be tanks, DPSers can be DPSers, a d healers can be healers... Then not only is the group more cohesive, but the difficulty of the map can be spiked even higher, and the cooperative component of the game can really shine forth. In my opinion, high end level content should be impossible to solo, and difficult with a PUG, but doable with a strong, well rounded group.

And really, what i was suggesting was not an overhaul, i don't think, but simply boosting the crowd control of the tank and make enchantress heals ranged

Just my 2c...

***NOTE:
Just to add to what i am saying, there are several skill sets that seem counter intuitive to class to which they apply. For example, warriors generally have to get close to do damage... But many of the warrior skills are designed to push enemies away. Similarly, mages need to stand back so they don't get ripped apart, but several of their spells are AEs xentered on the caster, requiring the caster to get close.

Royce
05-13-2010, 12:02 PM
A definitely think a second heal skill for enchantresses is needed, one that can target teamates, and has better range. Maybe give archers more debuffs too, and longer ranged ones (since they stand back all the time their debuff tends to only scratch the surface of a mob), so they can actually start contributing to parties. I think warriors are already capable of maintainig aggro fairly well if they use the right skills.