PDA

View Full Version : Scam? Or?

kopi
01-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Ok, today came across a guy in town shouting to trade in his death/hate set for a ice wand of albert. I checked with him, he said full set for the wand and that he couldnt find it anyway. I checked there is one sitting in CS for 100k, that got me some how. There is one in Cs and he said he couldnt find it, i told him then it would be benefit for me to buy that wand and trade in for his full set and he didnt reply me. Plus the interesting thing is his character is a lv 1. Maybe it could be his scam to trick pple in buying his wand.

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Scam. Read roguesw's new thread about this.

Royce
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah this is becoming popular. Guy last night was trading full rift andvoid for a sniper demon claw. Looked in the CS and he had a demon claw listed for 360k lmao. He didn't even bother to list it on an alt.

cuard
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
lol i hate people who do this. Solvcok started it...

MoarPewPew
01-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Lol this scam is not even clever.... If you buy an item for more than it's worth your just stupid...

Lol this technique makes me lol

Zerious
01-23-2011, 03:19 PM
this seems like a scam alright.... But who's the victim again? the scammer or the scammed? Bahahaha!

Sigkill
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
lol i hate people who do this. Solvcok started it...

no he didnt start it, its been around for a long time in other mmo's. But i agree, its such a tool bag thing to do and i despise people who do this

Kalielle
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe it could be his scam to trick pple in buying his wand.

Yeah you think???

Lmao :D People these days. Btw, thanks for the warning!

Gaddy
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
How is this a scam? Sure it's predatory, but trying to make a profit on someone else's stupidity is fair enough, right?

I've bought a few items for more than what they were worth in the past -and it was entirely my fault, not the guy trying to sell his stuff. I was not happy when I found out, but I could hardly call it a scam...

Am I missing something?

*EDIT* I just realized how this is in the realm of an actual scam. It's a variation of a classic "short con" called "The Old Fiddle" con. Still... Buyer beware! Most con games rely on the sucker trying to "get one over" on the scammer themselves. If a deal seems too good to be true, well...

Gohstp
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
this seems like a scam alright.... But who's the victim again? the scammer or the scammed? Bahahaha!

Of course it is the scammed. The scam is of NO loss to the scammer. Lets say the scammer goes to the CS to sell a Brain-o-rator of Tenacity for 500k. Under normal conditions, no one will buy it, AND no one will sell it for any price at all because it is so useless. The scammer is the only person to sell one in the CS. Then, the scammer logs onto another character and says "t) Death set for a Brain-o-rator of Tenacity" 500k is much more than what a Brain-o-rator of Tenacity costs, and is much less than what Death set costs. So, the victim walks to the CS, and seeing that the only person selling is selling for 500k, he has to think: "Brain-o-rator of Tenacity isn't worth 500k, but 500k is very cheap for Death set, so he buys it. So, when the victim goes to trade with the scammer, the scammer logs out. The scammer goes back to his original accout and claims the 500k gold that he got.

P.S. Brain-o-rator of Tenacity is not a good example because it is fairly common.

Darkfader
06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice grave digging here. Look at dates ;)