PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys get so much gold?

Private
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I am lvl 45 mage with 55k gold. And i have a lvl 30 warrior with 45 k gold. I have pinks and stuff but never sold them. Also, why are some items so expensive i mean like a set costing 700k gold? 160000k gold is $50 so i mean that set is basically more than a $100 if you were to buy it from gold used from platinum. Anyways how can i get my gold in the k's?

Baked-Potato
01-23-2011, 01:10 PM
The best way to make money is Farming for rare drops. That's why sets like Rift and Shadows is so expensive because each piece is a rare drop. The lower the drop rate for an item, the more expensive it is.

Royce
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Don't look at gold by comparing it's cost in plat (real money). It's just not worth buying that way. All pinks are not created equal. Many suffer and are nearly worthless because they are not very rare (i.e. All skeller pinks), or are just not useful with much better pinks available at the same level (LE pinks since FN pinks came on the scene). Some pinks on the other hand are super rare because of brutal drop rates (vyxnaar helms, green ice, and shadow cave gear), and some items that aren't even pink are worth far more than many pinks just because they are harder to find or no longer available in game. Honestly my best advice to make gold is just keep playing. Once you're sitting at the cap, gold will just start to accumulate from farming, and even just playing PvE games (gold drops, liquidated items and occasional good drops to sell).

Private
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM
wat is farming? Also 700k thats more than a $100 how can it be that rare and expensive?

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
People get the items the bosses that drop them and then sell them. A lot of people got lucky with the recent elite dungeon by farming a ton of items and then whining about the drop rate being so high. Once it was lowered, they were rich.

Junside
01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Going solo in Plasma Pyramid with a password is what I do. Kill all the minions up until the first boss, which should leave you with around 68 enemies left. Earnings range from 2500-3500 and it takes less than five minutes even if you take your time a little bit. Also, put your pots and mana pots in your stash, because along the way, you'll get them from the minions. Keep doing this and its preferred that you don't run it with other because your gold income can decrease substantially.

Private
01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
ill do that when im lvl 50 its too hard right now.

Junside
01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
It's not really that hard. With decent gear, you should be able to blow away mobs. Kite them(moving around to make them chase you and then release some skills on them. You only need practice and to begin, you don't have to rush. Minions in plasma pyramid can drop up to 100g and drop an average of around 50 each so no mater at whatever pace you go, you're still making good money.

Private
01-23-2011, 01:30 PM
yo jun i think u on my friends list im uchavax

Junside
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Well then now you know why I didn't reply to anyone's invites.

Private
01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
you should teach me cuz i dont have the best gear

giayuan
01-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Lol whats there to learn? your fighting enemies lower level than you, easy kills, and easy money! most people just farm like me, but lately, ive got finals so no time to play =( and btw, if you consider yourself to have BAD luck, dont farm, youll get nothing like me last year ;D