PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Class For Farming Gold???

KnownAsSpy
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Can someone give me a suggestion on which class is the best to farm at any lvl?

Plz say specific class not just Archer, Warrior, or Enchantress

Btw right now i have a lvl 34 archer 10 str all on dex:cool:

Royce
01-23-2011, 02:39 PM
For farming gold you want an AOE weapon, so Int is the way to go, and since mages also have AOE damage skills, I'd say Int mage is the most effective.

BlasterBird
01-23-2011, 02:55 PM
A pure mage would be an excellent choice for lower level farming, but a str mage (pally) would be best at higher level farming.

Royce
01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
I disagree. You give up a lot of damage as a pally instead of int Mage and while you still have AOE skills, you lost the AOE ranged weapon. Since gold farming is just clearing trash mobs, it's not like survivability even comes into the picture even on high level maps, and it's really just a matter of how fast you can clear trash, which is an int Mage specialty ;)

Zerious
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Enchantress are the best soloists in PL. AOE attacks and debuffs, healing, and self-buffs. You've got everything you need. All following builds is using full int gear and weapons.

For Forest Haven and Dark Forest, you could got pure int since int powers up your skills and you're likely to one-combo everything with 2-3 skills. The monsters in these campaigns aren't heavy hitters so armor isn't too big an issue.

For Balefort Castle, Fathom Crypts, and Lost Expedition, you could go Dex-int mage. Dex ups your dps, and you'll want this to quickly kill stragglers that your spells leave behind. Your lower amount of int will lower skill strength.
So why not full int? Because full int has a higher miss rate, and your spells aren't as fatal to mobs as before. You'll inevitably be using your auto-attack to finish off mobs, so balancing dex and int is a good way to keep the kills coming quickly. A staff with AOE damage is suggested. Full int is still do able here

For Ancient Swamp and AO1: Your choice of dex-int, full-int, or pally. Pallies have mush more armor and health to take the much stronger attacks of these mobs. You'll still have int to power up your skills and keep a decent max mana.

AO2: Recommend dex-int or pally with party

AO3: pallies are most resourceful. full-int quite frail here. dex-mage is not recommended. Party is necessary

Royce
01-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh no don't put Dex on an Int Mage, just not worth it. Int raises your hit too, and by level 30 a pure Int Mage will still have around 90% hit, by level 50 well over 100%. Make a pally if you want, though for gold farming I honestly don't get it (my Int Mage has never had a smidge of trouble clearing trash at any level), but if you go Int do not taint it with any Dex.

last350
01-23-2011, 03:32 PM
i do royally well with my full int enchantress. running non stop through crush the keeper or plasma pyramid gives me piles of cash, i've gotten about 500k in the past week and that wasnt even purely going for cash, just going when i needed it and still spending a lot of time working on the old quests i never completed, well actually ALL quests since i didnt do any at all, just went straight into AoEing mobs non stop as much as possible til i hit 50 which really only took 3 days anyway

KnownAsSpy
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I feel like going for full int mage cuz so many of you suggest it

But will it work without all the good 500k equips?

Cuz i barely have 5k to buy pots o.o

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:26 PM
The keeper's set is relatively cheap and would be what you want for gold farming anyway. Get the staff first, and then use it to farm gold on lower levels (where wearing a metallic robe won't hurt you as much ;) ) to save up for the robe and helm ;)

KnownAsSpy
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
How much are you talking about??? Cheap xD

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the staff around 20k right now. The robe and hat will run you more. If you can't afford that, go with an alien staff of fate. It's cheap, does AOE and has good damage. You should be able to make enough for the keeper staff in no time ;)

KnownAsSpy
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
It's gonna take me some time to get 20k my mage is only lvl 9 atm o.o

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Message me on forums when you get to 50. I'll give you a keeper staff and some fate armors. Better make it quick ;D

Tsarra
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I farm with full Keepers at lower levels, and I switch up to a Laser Wand/Gurgox Eye for soloing through AO2 and grouping in AO3. Still a little squishy, but I'm not willing to step back to pally and part with the damage. I won't do it. :p

KnownAsSpy
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Why do i have to wait till 50?

Anyways im on it! :D

Ellyidol
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
As an incentive to get to 50. You can't use it til then anyway :P

Planked
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
so, as an int Mage (10 into str, oops), what's the fastest way to 50? Jam everything into int/lightning/other aoe spells? Then go crazy?

Kujen
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Pretty much. You should put a point in the magic shield as well to use it in emergencies. You'll want the buffs and debuffs too. Leveling to 50 is not so bad until you get to around 47, where you may want to consider using exp elixirs to speed it up.

I wouldn't worry about the 10 points in str. It really won't make a difference, maybe in PVP or something.

KnownAsSpy
01-24-2011, 12:40 AM
i just hope i get to 50 before they raise the lvl cap

when they raise the lvl cap

all the lvl 50 equips is gonna loose its value