PDA

View Full Version : Farm farm

Chrisaetoshawker
09-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Weird thing...
In PL you can farm in different levels (sometimes you have to stay at a level to farm certain item efficiently)
But in Al , you have to level all the way up to endgame and farm in elite.
Otherwise, you can only farm locked...
Elite is hard to most of the players, so we just keep farming locked over and over again
This makes this game more like working instead of having fun
Many Pros have left because they found no fun:(
Please sts, please change it to be more like PL...
Idk why you designed this way(maybe becuz you dont want PL to lose too many players?) but you're losing your loyal players.
AL is all about pvp and locked now, tbh...
As many have known, only a few players (maybe ten people a day lol?) are playing normal maps (except brackenridge and km3) unless we are leveling
The End.

I'm still enjoying this game now but I'm afraid...afraid that I won't after a while

ColdBlahd
09-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Ooooooo get emmmm!!!

Dex Scene
09-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Pros have left? U wanna say all the people playing now are noobs? Meanie :(

Arachnophobik
09-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Well i gotta admit pvp IS a great part of endgame. Its the only reason i farm to afford better gear. Anyways there are always easy maps :) like normal nordr drops kelvin, vixen, then rooks nest drops flapjack and the prices are all decent :). Or u cud try easy elites like elite rooks nest or elite lost mages. With great loot comes great difficulty, and tbh i love it :) its hard yes, more deadly yes, but defo more thrilling for me :)

Ssneakykills
09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I kindq do agree with you tbh such as if you were L15 you can farm L15 gear which was good for pvp. But majority have endgame chars anyways to farm elites etc

Like in pocket legends people have L56 farmers to farm gear which is the best gear for that level and best for pvp

Kakashis
09-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Your goal then should be to farm elites at endgame. There will always be locked farming, and I too am guilty of occacionally farming locked but usually only to level pets or alts. Events and elites are all very fun :)

Chrisaetoshawker
09-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Most of the best gears for twinks are discontinued items, right? (Actually I'm not 100% sure)
My main point is that there are not many kinds of items to farm, just locked and elite items
Other farmable items is not worthy to farm tbh, since we consume potions as we farm
There should be more kinds...for example in pl we have rare gems and recipes to farm, not just elite/high level ones

nice
09-10-2014, 05:29 AM
U r right :)

Chrisaetoshawker
09-10-2014, 05:57 AM
U r right :)

Thx for supporting lol

Hadec
09-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Atm my goals is only halloween event.
Pointless to do anything else ingame
How I can compete arcane rogues? ..

Hadec
09-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Atm my goals is only halloween event.
Pointless to do anything else ingame
How I can compete arcane rogues? ..

Bigboyblue
09-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Farming is dead on all levels. However the OP has a valid point. The only feasible level to farm at is 41. This way you can do quick KM3 runs for locks or try your chances in elites. I'm sure the halloween event will change this and allow players on all levels to farm. The last event did a great job of this and even my twink characters made a nice chunk of money.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Farming is dead on all levels. However the OP has a valid point. The only feasible level to farm at is 41. This way you can do quick KM3 runs for locks or try your chances in elites. I'm sure the halloween event will change this and allow players on all levels to farm. The last event did a great job of this and even my twink characters made a nice chunk of money.

I hope players can farm on all levels all the time, not just events you know...
Well good thing is, sts already knew how to improve

smartthegod
09-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I absolutely agree with this, but you say ppl farm lockeds at endgame because elites are too hard for them, that might be true for a small amount of people, but I believe that most ppl who farm lockeds farm them because they get better income from them(I'd like to say they only think that, or they run elites slow)...elite farming is kinda gambling, because you got really low chance for EGDs, and for weapons you have to get best types to get some money(for example at wilds you have to get either Magmatic daggers of tactics(about 100k) or brutality(about 250-300k)). I still think elite farming is better way then farming lockeds, though.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I absolutely agree with this, but you say ppl farm lockeds at endgame because elites are too hard for them, that might be true for a small amount of people, but I believe that most ppl who farm lockeds farm them because they get better income from them(I'd like to say they only think that, or they run elites slow)...elite farming is kinda gambling, because you got really low chance for EGDs, and for weapons you have to get best types to get some money(for example at wilds you have to get either Magmatic daggers of tactics(about 100k) or brutality(about 250-300k)). I still think elite farming is better way then farming lockeds, though.

Sorry for my language barrier that I expressed it wrong :p
Yes, elite isn't hard for most people if we try, but the problem is that elite does waste a lot of potions.
Furthermore, we usually get trash and like you said it's kinda like gambling.
So the result is...we might end up wasting your potions and time (and deaths if you care) and get nothing

smartthegod
09-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Sorry for my language barrier that I expressed it the wrong way :p
Yes, elite isn't hard for most people if we try, but the problem is that elite does waste a lot of potions.
Furthermore, we usually get trash and like you said it's kinda like gambling.
So the result is...we might end up wasting your potions and time (and deaths if you care) and get nothing

Yes, exactly, btw sorry I also said gambling and forgot to say because of potions and elixirs(!) too.
Anyway, I lvld up to 41 during double xp bonus and I haven't run elites so many times but for example I ran wilds about 10 times, took about 20 mins each(I know, slow but that's because of lack of experience) and I got EGDs 2 times and 2 magmas of potency(also 1 magma of riposte, about 5-10k so I'm not counting that). Looking at profit that is:
150k for egds(sold before double odds)
200k for blades
-20k~ for pots
-50k~ for elixirs
So, means, 280k profit for 200 minutes.
Let's look at my locked brackenridge(I prefer it) runs:
Each run averages 30 secs(using deston's 10% speed bonus and rogue's piercer(rushes to enemy) at 3 spots, also counting map switching time):
1 locked every 4-5 mins(means per one elixir about 7 lockeds, or 1 locked at every 9th run). Looking at profits:
7x5500(when it's normal, low price)=38500
-6000-6500 for elixir
=32000 profit for 30 mins, or 213333k for 200 mins.
So, I may have been luckier with those elite runs than usual chances are, but this is just my data I wanted to share. Correct me please if I made accidentally any mistake in calculations.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-11-2014, 04:39 AM
My math isn't good

drgrimmy
09-11-2014, 08:05 AM
I agree. Unfortunately, the best twink gear comes from crates and special events (eg tarlok) and is generally not farmable on a daily basis. This does really limit the game in terms of playability as you can not farm for worthwhile gear in multiple areas with multiple different level toons. This was something that was great about pl when you got bored playing with your end game toon.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-11-2014, 09:25 AM
LOOK AT THIS!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90381-How-To-Be-Rich

smartthegod
09-11-2014, 01:17 PM
LOOK AT THIS!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90381-How-To-Be-Rich

And I thought this thread was about AL...

Chrisaetoshawker
09-11-2014, 02:27 PM
And I thought this thread was about AL...

Ah ha sorry, I just wanna show that in PL you get various kinds of farming, not just locked or elite...

smartthegod
09-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Ah ha sorry, I just wanna show that in PL you get various kinds of farming, not just locked or elite...

Oh yeah xD well that makes sense

Chrisaetoshawker
09-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah xD well that makes sense

:banana: