Ladylove
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Level 45 green twink staff...

BlasterBird
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Uh wha? I fail to see the scamming.

Vratz
01-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Sorry "attempt in scamming". I talked to him for a while after that.
1) 200k in store. He could trade the hate armor alone for 200k
2) hate set for that piece of duece. Yah right.
3) hes Lvl one and it's his other characters item in auction.

I could continue this list but it's not worth my time. Just thought I'd share this because it was funny.

Royce
01-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Lmao all twinks need green judgement staffs, they're the new rage ;)

giayuan
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
yes! the green judgment staffs! a MUST! im selling 20 for 150 gold each... :D

Vratz
01-23-2011, 04:57 PM
yes! the green judgment staffs! a MUST! im selling 20 for 150 gold each... :D

Hahaha. I'll pay 400k and give you a hate set!!

giayuan
01-23-2011, 04:58 PM
OH BABAY~~~ ill sell! xD

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't get it... He's trading HIS Death set for that staff? Doesn't that just make him stupid, not a scammer?

Edit: Nm I see what you mean. He wants someone to buy it from the shop. Wow, do people really fall for that?

Haikus
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I have a lvl 45 PINK staff I'm willing to sell for a full rift set.

Pandamoni
01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't get it... He's trading HIS Death set for that staff? Doesn't that just make him stupid, not a scammer?

He has no intention of selling his death set. He's hoping someone will look it up in the CS and see that it's ONLY 200K while the whole death set is worth much more than 200K so they'll swipe up that super cheap deal on the super cheap staff. What a deal!

Or at least I think that's how it goes.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:10 PM
While it might not be moral, it's not exactly scamming.

Allow me to explain:

Person A posts unique item on CS for 200k
Person A creates alt and says that he will trade something (something worth more than 200k) for that item that he just posted on the CS
Person B wants what this person is trading (Now this is where you find the line of marketing and scamming)
Person B blindly buys this item without asking Person A any questions or informing Person A that there is in fact one in the CS cheaper than the value of the item he is offering to trade for it.
Person B is at fault for any losses in this situation because he himself was trying to pull a quick one over on Person A to gain profit themselves.
If Person A had stated that the item he placed on CS was actually worth 200k, maybe it could fall into the lines of scamming but all I see here is stupidity and a smart marketing scheme. Person A provides both the only supply, and then creates a demand even if they had no intention of fulfilling that demand.

Haikus
01-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Allow me to explain:

Person A creates alt and says that he will trade something (something worth more than 200k) for that item that he just posted on the CS
Person B wants what this person is trading (Now this is where you find the line of marketing and scamming)
Person B blindly buys this item without asking Person A any questions or informing Person A that there is in fact one in the CS cheaper than the value of the item he is offering to trade for it.
Person B is at fault for any losses in this situation because he himself was trying to pull a quick one over on Person A to gain profit themselves.
If Person A had stated that the item he placed on CS was actually worth 200k, maybe it could fall into the lines of scamming but all I see here is stupidity and a smart marketing scheme. Person A provides both the only supply, and then creates a demand even if they had no intention of fulfilling that demand.

Why do I have a feeling that guy is probably you?.....first post.:o Trying to persuade yourself it's not scamming, eh?;)

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Guess that does look a little shady eh? No I've been stalking the forums for a few days now looking up answers to questions I had while never wanting to post anything until now, just felt the need to create an account and post my two cents.

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a lvl 45 PINK staff I'm willing to sell for a full rift set.

Ewww... Pink? Nobody uses those any more. Judgement ftw!

Haikus
01-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Guess that does look a little shady eh? No I've been stalking the forums for a few days now looking up answers to questions I had while never wanting to post anything until now, just felt the need to create an account and post my two cents.

Lol, yeah. Stalker....... hope your not as bad as militaryman...;)

Ewww... Pink? Nobody uses those any more. Judgement ftw!

Fine, I lied. Caught me scam handed. It's really gray, gosh. *kicks sand*

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, that Nigerian Prince didn't actually have something worth $6mil so therefore no scam. Indeed.

You're better off sticking to the, "You were stupid & greedy, & It's your fault I fooled you. Someone was going to take your money, it might as well be me." rationalization since your logic is FAIL.

Vratz
01-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Allow me to explain:

Key words:
"no intention" "it's his item" "SCAM!!!"
It's a complete scam.
You'd save more money fighting Ol with a team of Lvl 3 warriors that can't tank then trading with him.

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
BTW "scam handed" is my new favorite term ;) I'm making a quick chat with it :D

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that Nigerian Prince didn't actually have something worth $6mil so therefore no scam. Indeed.

You're better off sticking to the, "You were stupid & greedy, & It's your fault I fooled you. Someone was going to take your money, it might as well be me." rationalization since your logic is FAIL.

You miss my point and focus too much on one part of my example.

Person A, who may have had shady intentions the whole time, is not at fault.

It is Person B, who tried to pull one over on someone and instead got burned themselves.

So to better clarify, Person B was "stupid & greedy, & It's their own fault Person A fooled them."

Does your epeen feel bigger now, Xymorg?

Vratz
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
What? Also I didn't fall for the scam.

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Actually, he has a point. The people buying the item from the shop with the intention of trading him, are guilty of just as much greed as he is.

I got scammed out of 20 bucks IRL once bc I let greed cloud my vision. Not one of my shining moments.

But yeah, if someone falls for the scam, they're letting their own greed get the best of them.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Key words:
"no intention" "it's his item" "SCAM!!!"
It's a complete scam.
You'd save more money fighting Ol with a team of Lvl 3 warriors that can't tank then trading with him.

It does not matter, he does not force a buyer to blindly buy this item from him, the buyer makes that choice. You can bash Person A all you want to but when it comes down to it you have to turn a blind eye to the shady marketeer and point and laugh at the greedy buyer.

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:30 PM
This is a total scam BTW. Even if the victim is being greedy (which you don't know, if they are dumb enough to fall for this they might truly have no clue about item values), they are still being baited into the deal by the actual scammer.

Vratz
01-23-2011, 05:31 PM

BTW "scam handed" is my new favorite term ;) I'm making a quick chat with it :D

Haha "copyright" no Jk you can use it as you please.

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Basically, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Do your research or risk being scammed.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:36 PM
This is a total scam BTW. Even if the victim is being greedy (which you don't know, if they are dumb enough to fall for this they might truly have no clue about item values), they are still being baited into the deal by the actual scammer.

Since when it baiting the same as scamming? Person A did not say "buy this item from the CS and I will give you this".

It's a clever scheme and while it may prey on the greed of others, who's to say one person's greed in this situation is worse that the others?

It's ultimately Person B's decision to blindly buy this item in hopes of "scamming" Person A out of a cheap set.

Glad someone sees eye to eye with me

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
It's a clever scheme and while it may prey on the greed of others, who's to say one person's greed in this situation is worse that the others?
Because the scammer instigated the situation. They intentionally preyed upon another player. Also they are the only person involved who is directly lying because they don't trade what they had offered if the item is sold. Scam all the way sorry, also not clever. Trust me some of the biggest morons I know in this game are doing this.

Glad someone sees eye to eye with me
Notice how les said "or risk being scammed" ;) it's definitely a scam and anyone can see that. Sure you should be smarter but some people aren't.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Because the scammer instigated the situation. They intentionally preyed upon another player. Also they are the only person involved who is directly lying because they don't trade what they had offered if the item is sold. Scam all the way sorry, also not clever. Trust me some of the biggest morons I know in this game are doing this.

Notice how les said "or risk being scammed" ;) it's definitely a scam and anyone can see that. Sure you should be smarter but some people aren't.

Like I said, it's shady and what not but without Person's B stupidity and greed, this scheme would fail.

Moral of the story? Don't be a stupid greedy bastard and you won't lose 200k.

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
He is right, the person who gets scammed was thinking they could scam the buyer. In rubes mind:
1) Hate set is worth way more then 200K
2) I can buy this item the buyer is desperate to get for 200K.
3) I can then trade it for the hate set and make a mint off this noob who has no idea what item values are ( the mark has to know enough to know hate set is worth more then 200K).
4) instead of telling the 'noob' what he is looking for is on sale in CS for far less then the value of the trade, the rube decides to make a nice profit off the 'noob'.

Royce
01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Don't be a stupid greedy bastard and you won't lose 200k.

Now that I can agree with ;)

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Sure, I can agree with that. After more consideration, it's actually not so bad if kids learn this lesson losing 200k gold (~lost in-game proceeds of about 3.5 hours of game play, which I hope they enjoy anyway). Your $20 RL example was more painful.

I wonder what the success rate per hour is of this scam. Better than green ice drop rates?

Ayrilana
What I don't get is that if someone knows how much shadow sets are worth, they should already know that green items are worthless when compared to pinks. In fact, they should remember that staff dropping tons of times doing AO3. Of course with all of the recent powerlevelings, this is probably not true anymore.

Lesrider
Royce, while I agree it's a scam, it takes both parties for it to happen.

People play the market in PL all the time. It's a risk they're taking. So is someone who buys that staff.

Personally, I don't buy anything unless I need it. If you're going to buy something from someone/CS with the intention of reselling, you are taking a risk. So don't cry when it doesn't go your way.

The funniest ones are when they cry on facebook for the scammer to be banned.

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Well the best scams are the ones that make the mark think he is scamming you.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Well the best scams are the ones that make the mark think he is scamming you.

exactly...

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Why do I have a feeling that guy is probably you?.....first post.:o Trying to persuade yourself it's not scamming, eh?;)

Lol. It is him. He posted his IGN on the powerlevel thread a min ago.

Royce
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Oh no, I hate it when peope make my ignore list before I even meet them in game. Oh well, can't stand scammers, even if they prey on greed.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Excuse me?

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Oooo burn.

Royce
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Excuse me?

IGN: Ihaveheals

Give me a tell

Thats the name of the scammer in the OP ;) Case closed. Why on earth you would introduce yourself to the forums in such a terrible way is beyond me but to each his own.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
You caught me! However, I still stand by what I said in the previous posts.

Vratz
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Add me to your ignore list if you'd like, but you've got the wrong guy.

Haha what? Your ign is Ihaveheals. I have a screenshot! You just posted your name.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Haha what? Your ign is Ihaveheals. I have a screenshot! You just posted your name.

Read previous posts ^_^

Dizzy
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
LOL, first you posted "you got the wrong guy" then edited it when you realized nope, you were caught.

This is why I don't like scammers. They lie even when caught, unless you have proof they can't argue against. Maybe greed allows folks to be scammed, but to scam someone you need to be dishonest and unethical. Greed aint so bad in comparison.

IamBored
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Aren't all scam take two parties for the scam to happen? Smart scamming is still scamming. If A said he is a dev and ask B for pw and B gave out his pw then B is being scammed. Is B stupid (maybe yes)? The different is in the example, A will be banned while in this case the scammer can't be banned. Best way to make people more aware of this scam.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
To scam is to be greedy therefor to be greedy you are dishonest and unethical.

Look, all I'm saying is:

Yes, what I did was shady and some would look down on it but the majority of you in this thread could see where I'm coming from. Yes, I hid my identity because I would not have gotten honest feedback on my views if I had come forth at the start. It would have been a bashfest and you know it : ]

Vratz
01-23-2011, 06:17 PM
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt186/antishwag/1a7a816c.jpg

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Congrats? You pointed out something that someone else already has?

You win +1 internets

Haikus
01-23-2011, 06:23 PM

You caught me!

Where dey' do dat' at?

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 06:24 PM
What I don't get is that if someone knows how much shadow sets are worth, they should already know that green items are worthless when compared to pinks. In fact, they should remember that staff dropping tons of times doing AO3. Of course with all of the recent powerlevelings, this is probably not true anymore.

Ya, this is what made me overreact to the first explanation. I thought the only people falling for it are probably power levelled twelve year olds. But even they have liquidated hundreds of ao3 greens.

Matt & Les's point is that the vast majority of the marks are evil & stupid themselves and therefore are fair game to be scammed by someone more evil & less stupid.

I see that now, though it still seems kind of lame on both sides. Maybe I'm missing the part where he gives all the proceeds back to the poor, Robinhood style?

Vratz
01-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Look, all I'm saying is:

Yes, what I did was shady and some would look down on it but the majority of you in this thread could see where I'm coming from. Yes, I hid my identity because I would not have gotten honest feedback on my views if I had come forth at the start. It would have been a bashfest and you know it : ]

Yes, your right about that. Delete "tradenstore" don't do it again and I'm sure you can earn the comminitys trust..

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM

Look, all I'm saying is:

Just because we agreed that the scammee was partially to blame, does not mean we agree with what you did. It's still a disgusting thing to do. And I guess if you were dumb enough to let your IGN get out on here 5 minutes after this post went up, then Royce was right -- any moron can pull off this scam.

Dizzy
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM

Look, all I'm saying is:

First of all, false analogy. X=Y doesnt' mean Y=Z. Being greedy is part of being a scammer, yes. But being greedy for a good deal doesn't make a person dishonest and unethical.

Who is using two accounts to create a demand that isn't there? You are. Who is asking for something in trade for something you already own? You are. Who came to this forum and lied about not being the scammer in question, and only admitted it when caught? You did. If you find people stupid and greedy enough to fall for this scam, awesome. But you're still a scammer and liar and IMO worse than someone who is just greedy for a deal.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I had actually planned on dropping the bomb after the discussion died down, although I'll doubt any of you will believe that. I thought it would add some pizazz like one of those dramatic twists on "Days Of Our Lives".

To clarify a few points:
Yes, what I did cannot be fully justified, even I can tell you that
I did it one time, I saw another post about it on the forums, was bored and decided to try it.
Do I have any interests in doing it again? No, not really. It took me 4 hours to hook one person.
Will I give the money back? Nope. That person learned a lesson and they got what they deserved.
I'm not a scammer, I was a little...eh...scamcurious for lack of a better word.

Anyways, either you choose to ignore me, shun me, or what have you; I had fun with this thread and I enjoyed the valid arguments and responses. It was good conversation and I hope there are no hard feelings towards me. Forgive and forget? <3

Haikus
01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I had actually planned on dropping the bomb after the discussion died down, although I'll doubt any of you will believe that. I thought it would add some pizazz like one of those dramatic twists on "Days Of Our Lives".

To clarify a few points:
I did it one time, I saw another post about it on the forums, was bored and decided to try it.
Do I have any interests in doing it again? No, not really. It took me 4 hours to hook one person.
Will I give the money back? Nope. That person learned a lesson and they got what they deserved.

Anyways, either you choose to ignore me, shun me, or what have you; I had fun with this thread and I enjoyed the valid arguments and responses. It was good conversation and I hope there are no hard feelings towards me. Forgive and forget? <3

Well ain't that bout' a B****.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Well ain't that bout' a B****!

Haikus, I'm getting some harsh vibes from your post. Would I be correct to assume that you are angry?

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Haikus, I'm getting some harsh vibes from your post. Would I be correct to assume that you are angry?

No, he is very sarcastic

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
No, he is very sarcastic

Yeah I don't think Haikus ever gets angry...

Haikus
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Noooooo, sarcasm. Why would I be mad over a complete stranger?;)

I won't forgive you, because you've done nothing to me.:o

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah I don't think Haikus ever gets angry...

Hehe yeah he does... with friends

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:42 PM

Lol the best people to get angry at.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I see...

Haikus, were you the stranger whom I hooked?

Edit: Nevermind, just thought your name was familiar.

Haikus
01-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Nah.

Matt: Nope, but you are shunned. So, talk to the hand, talk to the butt, talk to the man at pizza hut.<3

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Nah.

Matt: Nope, but you are shunned. So, talk to the hand, talk to the butt, talk to the man at pizza hut.<3

You are some kind of sorcerer. I already had Pizza Hut being delivered.

Come to think of it, they're kind of late. I lost track of time because of this thread. Someone's not getting a tip...

Royce
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I see...

Edit: Nevermind, just thought your name was familiar.

Scam handed! So not just an attempted scammer, a full fledged scammer. Repent! Throw yourself on the mercy of the forums!

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Nah.

Bahaha I'm so going to use that one day

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Scam handed! So not just an attempted scammer, a full fledged scammer. Repent! Throw yourself on the mercy of the forums!

He'll probably just pay the 50 plat to change his name. It'll just be like shaking an etcher-sketch and saying it never happened.

Haikus
I see...

So you touched the poor victim... So this is a episode Law and Order: SVU?

Well played.

matticus08

LMAO

How exactly does one repent on these forums?

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
LMAO

How exactly does one repent on these forums?

Load all your gold and items onto your main character and then DELETE!

Screenshots are a must, of course, for proof.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
So you touched the poor victim... So this is a episode Law and Order: SVU?

Well played.

This one not only made me laugh, but I choked on the cola I was drinking.

Quit trying to murder me, it's just a game...

If you die outside of Pocket Legends, I hear there's no Respawn At Entrance button.

Scary...

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
So apparently the dumbest person in the game found someone dumber? Grats!

matticus08
01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
So apparently the dumbest person in the game found someone dumber? Grats!

Ouch...

That was deep

Haikus
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
This one not only made me laugh, but I choked on the cola I was drinking.

Quit trying to murder me, it's just a game...

If you die outside of Pocket Legends, I hear there's no Respawn At Entrance button.

Scary...

In reporting live from this weeks episode of a show called "Idiots gone Stupid". I'm Haikus and it seems as though this guy is finally facing reality.

Tragic.<3

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Ouch...

That was deep

That's what she... err... nevermind

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Ouch...

That was deep

TWSS

(Watch The Office if you want to know what it means)

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
TWSS

Lol we have the same mind...

Haikus
TWSS

No, get out more, if you don't know what it means.

matticus08
In reporting live from this weeks episode of a show called "Idiots gone Stupid". I'm Haikus and it seems as though this guy is finally facing reality.

Tragic.<3

What is this reality you speak of?

Are you talking about that occasional time that I black out because the iPhone dies and there's no charger in sight?

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
That's what she... err... nevermind

Lol.
/10char

Haikus
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Are you talking about that occasional time that I black out because the iPhone dies and there's no charger in sight?

Lol. Alright, I'm done messing with you, dude. :)

Toodles. <3

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM

No, that's a brain hemorrhage, reality is something different.

last350
man and i just vendored a whole pile of them, you telling me i could have gotten 200k each from some moron? dang

matticus08
Yes, I've had enough laughs for today.

In all seriousness though, anyone who didn't take this whole thing too seriously, add me. I'm actually a good person, just don't buy my staff : ]

romgar1
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
In going to start a new guild just for matt. Scamaholics anonamous. I wont be a part of the guild but maybe you and simplifyyy can hook up and maybe trick some noobs into joining and putting items in the guild "bank"

Haikus
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes, I've had enough laughs for today.

In all seriousness though, anyone who didn't take this whole thing too seriously, add me. I'm actually a good person, just don't buy my staff : ]

You ain't gone tie me down. <3

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM

What about me?

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM

Listening to New Boyz, I take it?

ChadM
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Mods can ban the actual devices accounts are associated with.

Haikus
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
What about me?

Find a rope. Bejeweled. I like my stuff Bedazzled.

Listening to New Boyz, I take it?

Nope.<3

Alright, I'm out forreal this time. :o

romgar1
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Join matts new guild its new and cool

Ladylove
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Find a rope. Bejeweled. I like my stuff Bedazzled.

Nope.<3

Alright, I'm out forreal this time. :o

Sure thing, hot stuff

Ayrilana
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Since this thread has already gotten off topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ6WpVSutrM&feature=related

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Mods can ban the actual devices accounts are associated with.

What does that have to do with anything?

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM

To clarify a few points:

Ok, I can't help it. i know it's pointless, but I'll bite: please post the ign you scammed. I think you are lying again.

If that person can really convince me that they are not you or your co- conspirator pretending, I'll go ahead and give them their 200k back (if that was really the whole point of the scam then you really are an evil genius & resistance is futile). Think of it like a liar's Turing test. That should be funny enough to risk 200k over.

If i can prove it's just another trick, then you owe me 200k.

Since you are a known liar I'm going to need to hold on to your 200k up front, so don't try to play if you aren't ready to lose.

ChadM
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing to do with the off topic stuff, I was referring to the topic of the thread.

In my opinion, this sort of thing is ban-worthy, certainly more so than just having a potty mouth(which people have been banned for, I believe). In real life, people usually won't go to jail over running their mouths, but you often will for running confidence schemes.

They can do more than ban your account, I was pointing out that they have the ability to prevent any device that the account was ever played on from ever playing again. If banned and their devices blacklisted, he/she would have to buy a new iPad or phone to play again. It wouldn't be a matter of simply starting up a fresh account and going at it again.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Ok, I can't help it. i know it's pointless, but I'll bite: please post the ign you scammed. I think you are lying again.

If that person can really convince me that they are not you or your co- conspirator pretending, I'll go ahead and give them their 200k back (if that was really the whole point of the scam then you really are an evil genius & resistance is futile). Think of it like a liar's Turing test. That should be funny enough to risk 200k over.

If i can prove it's just another trick, then you owe me 200k.

Since you are a known liar I'm going to need to hold on to your 200k up front, so don't try to play if you aren't ready to lose.

Wait what?

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 07:47 PM
The devs don't ban for things like this. They don't get involved at all. It's up to each person not to fall for things like this.

I actually find it a bit funny, bc the cs made things like this easier. Used to be someone would need a friend to help out with this scam, but with the cs a person can do it alone.

ChadM
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
The devs don't ban for things like this. They don't get involved at all. It's up to each person not to fall for things like this.

I actually find it a bit funny, bc the cs made things like this easier. Used to be someone would need a friend to help out with this scam, but with the cs a person can do it alone.

Funny, yeah, I thought Xymorg's post was the highlight of the thread, it certainly made me giggle. Then laugh out loud when greedy matticus gave a nibble.

If the devs shy away from involvement, I certainly understand why. I can also appreciate a self policing community, good on you guys for catching this.

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Wait what?

I think you are lying and there is no scam victim. For next time, I think it came out too late in the story to be convincing, though only claiming one was a nice touch.

Although if I've read it all wrong and there really is some poor kid that really wanted a hate set & thought they were getting a huge bargain (albeit not thinking about it too hard) when you set them up, then I want them to know that all PL players aren't evil liars ( this is actually a more important lesson than the one that some are ) so I'll pick up their tab for the lesson you taught by giving them 200k.

Seems pretty straightforward, a clever scammer could easily take 200 k from me like this.

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Seeing as your staff is still for sale, you are either a really bad person or a really bad scammer.

Xymorg
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Funny, yeah, I thought Xymorg's post was the highlight of the thread, it certainly made me giggle. Then laugh out loud when greedy matticus gave a nibble.

If the devs shy away from involvement, I certainly understand why. I can also appreciate a self policing community, good on you guys for catching this.

Shhh! Ixnay on the athmay. I'm just Dudley-do-right in my own mind: a perfect mark!

matticus08
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Seeing as your staff is still for sale, you are either a really bad person or a really bad scammer.

I noticed the guy I hooked turned around and tried the same thing on other people, I guess to make his money back?

My toon is Ihaveheals and Storagentrade

Vratz
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Summary of the Thread
I showed pics of a scammer because I thought it was funny and ignorant of him. One random guy says it's not scamming. The "random guy" turns out to be the scammer. It was funny. Then things just got off topic.. Ehemm haikus... Haha now this thread needs to die. Scammer is a Scammer. The end.

matticus08
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I think you are lying and there is no scam victim. For next time, I think it came out too late in the story to be convincing, though only claiming one was a nice touch.

Although if I've read it all wrong and there really is some poor kid that really wanted a hate set & thought they were getting a huge bargain (albeit not thinking about it too hard) when you set them up, then I want them to know that all PL players aren't evil liars ( this is actually a more important lesson than the one that some are ) so I'll pick up their tab for the lesson you taught by giving them 200k.

Seems pretty straightforward, a clever scammer could easily take 200 k from me like this.

Why do I get the impression that you're trolling me?

matticus08
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Summary of the Thread
I showed pics of a scammer because I thought it was funny and ignorant of him. One random guy says it's not scamming. The "random guy" turns out to be the scammer. It was funny. Then things just got off topic.. Ehemm haikus... Haha now this thread needs to die. Scammer is a Scammer. The end.

You sir, fail at reading.

Royce
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
You sir, fail at reading.

First of all it's an accurate summary. Second, your introduction to the forums is the most epic fail this community has seen in some time ;)

KingFu
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
First of all it's an accurate summary. Second, your introduction to the forums is the most epic fail this community has seen in some time ;)

Cakes was worse, just my thought.

Royce
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

Sadder maybe, but nowhere near this IMO...

Lesrider
01-23-2011, 08:46 PM

This one was definitely more entertaining.

KingFu
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Sadder maybe, but nowhere near this IMO...

I'm so tempted to hijack this place and take it to somewhere no ones seen before.......Btw, who are you related to again? Some guy from broke back mountain? John something. Or what is Peter? No, it wasn't Peter. I forget his name. I wanna same Jim balushi but that wasn't it, I always forget this guys name....

KingFu
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Lol, Jake Gyllenhaal.

Where'd your sig go!

Btw, did I hijack this thread enough? If not........

Where do babies come from? Jk:p

KingFu
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Woah, what the hell happened to my sig...

Break in the Matrix, I sense it.

That made so much sense it gave me a headache....

FluffNStuff
01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Where'd your sig go!

Btw, did I hijack this thread enough? If not........

Babies-R-Us

KingFu
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Babies-R-Us

I've always thought toys-r-us wasn't a fitting name. Sounds like an adult store to meh.

Zerious
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Edit: Nm I see what you mean. He wants someone to buy it from the shop. Wow, do people really fall for that?

The trick is, Someone will see his trade request. Rush to the market for the Alien staff, BUY IT FROM HIS MAIN, then when they go to trade for the hate set, expecting an awesome deal, the scammer leaves and goes onto his main to collect the 200k he sold his crappy staff for.

Thasaint
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
lol wow trading a full set for a LVL 45 GREEN!?!?!?!?!

Firepants
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM

I so want to answer this, but I will restrain myself......

Zerious
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
lol wow trading a full set for a LVL 45 GREEN!?!?!?!?!

read my last post, it'll explain how the scam works

Zerious
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
I so want to answer this, but I will restrain myself......

dude everyone know's it's from Cloyster.... What does Cloyster look like? O.o see what I did there?

Jespo
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Wow this is the first thread I've ever seen Royce post so much in

Simplifyyy
01-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Wow someone called me a scammer because of this post!
I guess the kid can't read lmfao(x

TwinkTastical
01-30-2011, 10:51 PM
This isnt scamming..this is you being a noob.... and thinking posting a person selling a staff is amazing....

Wewt.

Hodnett
01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Thats a pretty good scam LOLz, but the chance of at least 1 out of the 25 people in the town reading that and thinking about it and going to the consignment shop and buying it are 1% chance...

Fyrce
01-31-2011, 05:25 AM
The best real life scams appeal to people's greed: Nigerian prince, oil wells, mineral deposits, invest here, invest there, diamond mine, lap band, pill to cure alzheimer's, pill to get muscles, pill to lose weight, etc. Where there is deceit, there are criminal as well as civil remedies in real life. Obviosuly, where the scammer comes from a different country, there can be problems with laws and remedies reaching that far. And lack of cooperation from foreign governments.

In a game, in a fantasy world, the rules depend on the people running the game.

Ursanblessing
01-31-2011, 06:40 AM
yesterday sold the rewards from Castle (pink bow and talon) for 1k each.
2min later the guy that bought it, was selling it for 5 k each while CS had it for 500-1500 gold each.
Ok its not as big as 200k, but still :)

bladesword
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
You guys r so crazy! Why not bring the nightmare staff you earned from the stage and trade him it?

Tvis
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Haha, ya. Should've gone into trade with him and trade the one you conveniently have ;)

Zerious
02-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Haha, ya. Should've gone into trade with him and trade the one you conveniently have ;)

without the sarcasm, it's actually a VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEERY common ao3 drop :P