PDA

View Full Version : Newish to pocket legends. Enchantress questions.

Halcyon
01-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi I play a new chantress named Echoic. I got a droid 2 global a little while ago and stumbled on this game and I love it so far. I haven't made any friend so far but im only level 26. I have a few questions:

1) what I've basically been doing is putting all my points into intelligence, buying the frost armor and staff every five levels and hoping to find drops that are better(which hasn't happened). I put all my skill points into the area frost fire and elec spells and I run around aeing and healing nonstop using mana pots. It seems to be working alright but im just wondering if I should try and switch to the shield and wand because Im assuming the games going to get harder.

2) how long does it take to get to level 50. Is there a treadmill past 40 like most games? I've gotten to 26 pretty quick.

3) is there a point to quests. The armor and money I've gotten from them has been almost useless so far and to finish most of the quests id have to go to areas that don't provide experience. Is this a completionist sorta thing or do the last quests in the areas actually provide good stuff.

Thanks

JackDonkey
01-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Welcome I'm very new as well. But over the week I've played this game I've learned a lot! So I'll try to help you if you need any extra help feel free to PM me :)

1)I do recommend keep going INT as of now, but for equips I recommend just saving your money for more important equips such as Pinks for levels 35+. At the lower levels I'm finding your damage never really goes up enough from you equipment, so as of under level 35 just go with the equips you find. Also at your lower levels, the maps do not give good enough drops so for now you should just play through the levels with not so special equips and wait till you can get to higher areas :) Also for shields and wands there are really no low level shields unless you have a Christmas ordainment which are very hard to get a hold of and also staffs as of now do help a little more because the wands damage are quite a bit lower.

2) Getting to level 50 can take months if you are playing solo and not very well grindish. That's when you can spend a long time just killing usually over 3 hours. It's not treadmill-ish until 45+ as far as I have heard.

3)Well I like doing quests because they are in the game for a reason, the maps revolve around them basically and I find it the way I can train since I kill every monster on my way to find something or kill something. It's also a like accomplishment when you finish all the quests for an area to me, it's also something to work for in my opinion.

Zeusofire
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I have been playing for about a little over a month. as you can see the results below, reaching lvl 50 is not too hard. my third character, zeusosniper, went from lvl 22 to lvl 46 in one day. I agree with JackDonkey on most of his points, and there are two ideas for Staff VS. Wand/Sheild. I use a staff when my group is strong because i do more damage and i dont need to worry as much about dying, also using a staff that does more damage makes my spells stronger and MUCH more effective. However, i normally use a wand and shield because of all the boosts from the shield, and i normally only use a few potions, i can survive longer with the wand and shield but in some cases i whipe out enemies before they get to me with the staff, its up to you, its different in different situations

Tsarra
01-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Keep hunting around at the Consignment Shoppe...you'll find something eventually. Save your gold!

As far as a wand and eye or shield vs. a staff, it doesn't matter nearly as much at lower levels at it does at higher ones. At Level 26, you might see a few points in difference, but I would stick with a wand/shield set up until you can wield an Apep Sunkiller Staff of some sort (all the way up to Level 45). The Brain-freeze Staff you'll be able to use at level 30 is nice and all, but if you wait 5 levels, Mamboza's Voodoo Fire Pin is cheap and effective. A Dark Wand or Darkbolt Blaster of some sort is what I would recommend for now; they do a little less damage than the elementally flavored wands, but they sometimes stun your enemy, which is very nice and (I think) works on bosses too.

Good luck, and welcome!

Ellyidol
01-25-2011, 02:02 AM
1) I recommend int til 50. Especially since its your first character and you wont have much spare money for pots. Also, save up as much as you can. Theres really no rush in armours, except maybe when you get to 45. Levelling shouldn't be as hard with a group.

2) Really depends on how you play. Some can go to 50 within a day or two after 45. Getting to 47 is quick, theres no huge difference in exp needed per level. It gradually increases, but its when you get to 47 that it jumps up every level.

3) I don't see the point of quests either. I think its mainly to have a little amusement and background of a story line. Also looks good i guess if you complete all :p