PDA

View Full Version : The original Blackstar Chronicles

ShadowGryphon
09-10-2014, 01:49 PM
When will the ORIGINAL ever see the light of day?
It looked so killer and I've been waiting to play it since I first saw the alpha vids.
Believe me when I say that the only other game out there like it is not nearly as visually appealing or imaginative (COUGHaceonlieCOUGH).

Seriously, you're doing your company a disservice by not developing it.

And please, Put this on PC before any other platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc8dXW61bv4

Laar
09-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Since when did StG look that good

Zylx
09-10-2014, 05:43 PM
STG moved on to making mobile mmos. That game looks like it wouldnt even run on most mobile devices.

ShadowGryphon
09-10-2014, 08:00 PM
STG moved on to making mobile mmos. That game looks like it wouldnt even run on most mobile devices.

It wouldn't.
It was being developed for PC, and I really hope they follow through with their promise to finish it.

Cahaun
09-10-2014, 08:11 PM

It wouldn't.
It was being developed for PC, and I really hope they follow through with their promise to finish it.
What promise?

CAK Vader
09-10-2014, 09:13 PM
What the heck...I would've played this over SL any day... In fact, I would delete all my apps I ever downloaded and reset my iPad if that's what it took to play this...best game ever...;-;

Slant
09-11-2014, 03:45 AM
It was a PC title
it is cancelled

Cahaun
09-11-2014, 05:22 AM
What the heck...I would've played this over SL any day... In fact, I would delete all my apps I ever downloaded and reset my iPad if that's what it took to play this...best game ever...;-;
I doubt that an iPad would run a PC game effectively, but it won't matter anyways. As long as STS is going down their mobile route, then this game is as dead as it can get.

Slant
09-11-2014, 05:59 AM
well, we can keep hoping
there was some post where some dev talked about a level, where you have to run around a small asteroid, and a spaceship keeps strafing you

just that level would be awesome

I play Warframe and Star Conflict, and imagine that it is Blackstar all the time

CAK Vader
09-11-2014, 06:18 AM
well, we can keep hoping
there was some post where some dev talked about a level, where you have to run around a small asteroid, and a spaceship keeps strafing you

just that level would be awesome

I play Warframe and Star Conflict, and imagine that it is Blackstar all the time

Now I'm gonna go get those games and pretend with you

ShadowGryphon
09-11-2014, 07:44 AM
What promise?

When they started developing the first mobile title (pocket legends I believe), they had said that they were putting BC on hold and would get back to it at a later date.

I went looking for the pictures of the proposed characters and vehicles (about three to four each per side) but could only find a couple of the characters.

This is a title that really needs to see development.

ShadowGryphon
09-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I play Warframe as well.
Did you know that it started out as Dark Sector?
Dark Sector would have been more like WarFrame had the publisher left well enough alone.
Trivia: the Tenno are named after the main character in Dark Sector, Hayden Tenno.

Trenton
09-11-2014, 01:05 PM
They were making BC before they became Spacetime Studios and their owners canceled the project

ShadowGryphon
09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
They were making BC before they became Spacetime Studios and their owners canceled the project

And yet the video clear opens with Spacetime Studios.
Hmmm such a puzzler :D (just goofing)

Trenton
09-11-2014, 03:59 PM
And yet the video clear opens with Spacetime Studios.
Hmmm such a puzzler :D (just goofing)
Watch. It won't be out. They apparently had the original name though, my bad.

http://youtu.be/vePaOAey2AA

GreenLord
09-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Holy Moley...I want this

XghostzX
09-11-2014, 05:55 PM
This game is very visually enticing. I would've loved for them to make this into a mobile MMO.

ShadowGryphon
09-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Watch. It won't be out. They apparently had the original name though, my bad.

http://youtu.be/vePaOAey2AA

Never say never, it could seriously come to pass.
And given the positive attention this post is getting.... :encouragement:

Trenton
09-12-2014, 04:15 PM
This game is very visually enticing. I would've loved for them to make this into a mobile MMO.
This would require quite a tablet to be able to run... Just like people have said, and I'm putting in my own words, this game is too good to be a mobile MMO. I'd love for it to be also, but this game would have been amazing. $25m-$30m budget can get you a decent game ;)