PDA

View Full Version : Is is strange?

Junside
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Every woman I've ever been in a relationship with was older than me. When I was 18 my girlfriend was 22. My next girlfriend was 25. The oldest I've dated was 26. A year ago, I was in a 3 way with 2 women ages 20 and 22(didn't last long because they didn't want to share me from the first place). All my ex's all range from 20-26. And I just turned 20 a week ago.

I asked why, and they said I'm surprisingly mature for my age.

My main question is, do you think it's strange to date someone older? I mean as the man in the relationship, I always pictured that I would be dating someone younger. I don't mind older women in their mid-late twenties though. :D

Zeus
01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
That may be a valid reason but the bigger reason is that most men that they are attracted to at that age are pursuing their goals and careers, so they are not very interested in women during that time frame, apart from the night of "ruff and tumble fun". So how do women cope? They go for the younger guys.

Bigsleazy
01-24-2011, 12:23 AM
I dated a 23yo this summer and it was legit

Zeus
01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
I dated a 23yo this summer and it was legit

There are a few that are legit :), but I'm just naming the majority here. Sleazy you know its true btw :)

Eleanor
01-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Age isn't really important... Cheesy as it may sound, if you love someone, be with them!

The more interesting question for me is that... Why did you ask people if your relationships were strange...

RedRyder
01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
There's something alluring about older women. I know it isn't just me

Zeus
01-24-2011, 12:32 AM
There's something alluring about older women. I know it isn't just me

It's the EXPERIENCE :). Plus they are nothing like high school/college chicks that make them so appealing to guys :). Much less dramatic :P

Junside
01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Yes, I was actually able to see a major difference in the way women behaved with coming age. I asked because people usually perceive a straight relationship as a man being older than the woman. I guess when dating and before serious relationships, factors like age are miniscule. My friends were always surprised, like "what? 23?" Like it was something out of the ordinary.

Pandamoni
01-24-2011, 12:37 AM
My main question is, do you think it's strange to date someone older? I mean as the man in the relationship, I always pictured that I would be dating someone younger. I don't mind older women in their mid-late twenties though. :D

I don't think it's strange to date someone older than you whether you're a man or a woman. Although there is a part of me that, when the age difference is ten years or more, wonders if the younger person is looking for a mommy/daddy figure and if the older person is controlling/domineering.

FTR I'm a woman who's only dated guys older than me. The oldest being 10 years older and I was kind of looking for a "father figure" at that time in my life. Now my husband is only 3 years older. It's a nice age difference.

Okay, I digress. No, not strange. Do you think it's strange?

Ellyidol
01-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Not weird at all. My first few were older than me, only the current one is actually younger. Lol

romgar1
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Its not strange inside 10 years at all. Its true men tend to be the old ones in a relationship but not always. My parents are about 4 years apart, mom is older and 30+ years it still works. Dont over think this just find the right woman for you and go with it.

Ellyidol
01-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I think the main reason why men "should" be with a younger woman is that women tend to mature faster. So even if your 4 years apart, due to them maturing faster, your practically the same age. By maturing I mean personality wise, not physically :P