PDA

View Full Version : Mana shield

sonoobish
09-11-2014, 07:01 PM
When on earth did sts change the name of mana shield to magic shield? Lol I didn't even know it has changed since I never checked. I remember it used to say mana shield and now when I hover over it it says magic shield O.o.

synfullmagic_23110
09-11-2014, 07:47 PM
When on earth did sts change the name of mana shield to magic shield? Lol I didn't even know it has changed since I never checked. I remember it used to say mana shield and now when I hover over it it says magic shield O.o.
Sonoobish

tarlan
09-11-2014, 08:37 PM
when it was first added was just called shield, thats why oldies just say "shielding" but the term was rather vague, so they changed to mana shield, but since every class techically has mana controversy arose over why all classes dont get the skill, so they renamed to magic since enchantress is only really magical class, besides all of them being magical animal that wear armor and weapons
expect change to "enchantress shield" soon

sonoobish
09-11-2014, 08:47 PM
when it was first added was just called shield, thats why oldies just say "shielding" but the term was rather vague, so they changed to mana shield, but since every class techically has mana controversy arose over why all classes dont get the skill, so they renamed to magic since enchantress is only really magical class, besides all of them being magical animal that wear armor and weapons

Yeah I know all of that I just didn't recognize that it changed from mana to magic. It's funny how people still remember it being called just shield. When I started playing people were so confused about what it was supposed to do. This was all before pvp was even released though. I wasn't looking for why they changed it I just wanted to know approximately how long ago because I never noticed. Thanks though!

tarlan
09-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah I know all of that I just didn't recognize that it changed from mana to magic. It's funny how people still remember it being called just shield. When I started playing people were so confused about what it was supposed to do. This was all before pvp was even released though. I wasn't looking for why they changed it I just wanted to know approximately how long ago because I never noticed. Thanks though!
i think twas the grand nerf of 2013 so a year ago or so

Skillless
09-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Great post!

Skillless
09-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Yeah I know all of that

Even better! :)

Fun fact: though it was called shield / mana shield back then, there was a glitch displaying the wrong name. That's why you can see "magic shield" in the old mage guides.