PDA

View Full Version : Utter Frustration

Saribeau
09-11-2014, 08:02 PM
I know that this has been said before but if we want it changed we need to repeat ourselves.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I decided I would try a mage twink again. I haven't tried mage since the elondrian event and I researched on the forums and in game and found myself a proven build for the level and some pretty decent gear. I was pretty stoked to get started. So I create the mage, level it up, and start to pvp. To my surprise I pretty well (people complain about mage twinks including myself) and I could kill rogues 1v1 pretty easily (I'm not talking about 1v1 in a separate room of ctf, I'm speaking of kill on sight). But then a few tanks started to ruin my fun. A tank would see me, and target me just because I'm a mage. I understood this, for this is pvp, so i decided to try to get a guild. I looked around and got one. That's day one of my new twink. Day 2 was pretty fun running with my guild, getting to know people so on and so on. Since I was a rogue for so long I had to get used to mage, and by the second day I felt pretty confident in myself. That was day 2. So day three is where it all went bad. So it started well me just fighting by myself not having an issue with enemies but then some enemies came. They blocked and ganged. GG I left the game head held high. When you have no chance of winning just leave I say. But then enemies started to pm me how much of a noob I was. Why? I just left when you were ganging. Then it got worse. Soon after this I decided to test my skill in traditional 1v1. So I challenge a few rogues and mages to vs. What I got was disgusting. When we fought I having fun but after 4/6 of the fights that I lost that either the person would brag or trash me or call me noob or something of the sort. Is that necessary? That is bad but this next thing is INFURIATING. 3/5 of the vs that I won that 2 of the rogues and 1 of the mages in my guild would rush out of the spawn and kill me when I was low hp or shield cd or when I was typing. MY OWN GUILD RUSHED ME AND KILLED ME JUST BECAUSE THEY LOST. Please guys. Be good sportsman. Sts can't do anything about this. Respect your fellow players especially your own guild, the ones who would help you if you called. It's a game. Kdr is not important to me at all except that I want a positive one and this attitude has caused me to get a decent kdr on most characters because I don't go around ganging and rushing everyone to boost my kdr. Please grow up and please think about that.

My message: When will all you players play with sportsmanship and respect?

Comment if you agree and comment ideas to fix this problem.

UndeadJudge
09-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm with you sari. I play a a PvP based game called League of Legends (maybe you've heard of it). After playing it for months, then coming back to pvp, I find it ridiculous how people act here. In the other game, there's a lot of team play and it's a blast. I just wish people in AL could actually appreciate a legitimate match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
09-11-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm with you sari. I play a a PvP based game called League of Legends (maybe you've heard of it). After playing it for months, then coming back to pvp, I find it ridiculous how people act here. In the other game, there's a lot of team play and it's a blast. I just wish people in AL could actually appreciate a legitimate match.

What's your name in League... I started and not bad at it imo, add me.

@Sari
You can kinda tell what brackets are more mature than others. Try level your mage to 23, join either <I Warmonger I> or <Villain> (the two major guilds of that level) and you'll have more fun and less disappointment, I promise you.

Robhawk
09-12-2014, 01:46 AM
My message: When will all you players play with sportsmanship and respect?

Its easy... WONT HAPPEN!

What i see these days is, that arcane ring is nothing special anymore. Since the VPN platabuse threads nearly everybody has a ring. There are warriors with arcane maul, arcane ring and samael and they want to challenge A MAGE with "normal" gear for a vs? Those guys have maxed out toons for all 3 classes in probably 1 account!!! And these ***** really challenge you for vs ? Yes, welcome to AL !

Bless
09-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Love ya Sari xD

So you still play huh?

Gezus
09-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Another player taking the game way to serious

hercthegod
09-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Oi nab i think sari is Sunsets lv 27 rogue im pretty sure you know him/her as well as i do lol twinking at the same level for sooo long.

[emoji1]

Ign: Manipulativ

UndeadJudge
09-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Oi nab i think sari is Sunsets lv 27 rogue im pretty sure you know him/her as well as i do lol twinking at the same level for sooo long.

[emoji1]

I knew that lol. But his Mage wasn't 27

Candylicks
09-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Really they don't. It's like these nubs lose their minds and get this trigger finger + mean streak. I can't wrap my head around it. PvP is FTL.

Elektra.
09-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Drawing upon my very educated psychological background,
I'd identify this to be a case of herd mentality.

A couple of knobheads start trash talking,
And the rest follows suit...until it becomes a vicious cycle/culture.

My advice to you:
- Put them on your ignore list
- Farm them in future rooms

GL.

utpal
09-13-2014, 09:00 AM
well, ur ignore button is broken?

hercthegod
09-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I knew that lol. But his Mage wasn't 27

Yeah i know lol

Saribeau
09-14-2014, 05:38 PM

i played i have an acc, but my computer no longer runs it

Saribeau
09-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Love ya Sari xD

So you still play huh?

love u too :P yes i play, and do u still have those screenshots of me at 21 saying "I'm not scared" and then leaving? lol embarrassing
@instant i have a mage in villain. i dont find it fun

obee
09-14-2014, 07:19 PM
And yet sts comes up with fail solutions, like buffing the cjat filter. That ain't gonna do crap. How about actually looking at the screenshots support?

Speedofsound
09-14-2014, 11:14 PM
And yet sts comes up with fail solutions, like buffing the cjat filter. That ain't gonna do crap. How about actually looking at the screenshots support?
Lol if support looked at screenshots so much people would be banned. Literally the community of this game is unreal.

Soundlesskill
09-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Lol if support looked at screenshots so much people would be banned. Literally the community of this game is unreal.

Have you seen the LoL community? This is nothing tbh.. Smite too.

zwapper
09-15-2014, 01:46 AM
Try to look something good out of bad situation!!!

i always play mage and never tried playing other toon. So, i experience all kinds of bullying, trash talking, etc... And from that experience i've learned how to ignore them and tell something good in return (sometimes i cant hold on my emotions and brag on those bullies, but not all the time), and put them on my ignore list. Just always find a way to enjoy your gaming experience.

Quickrr
09-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Please let's not complain anymore... Its just a game no fun when people complain about the way other people play zz and guilds are the best way to solve this problem if ya can't do it solo also try telling them to.stop instead of talking trash not saying u do just from what I see

Saribeau
09-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Please let's not complain anymore... Its just a game no fun when people complain about the way other people play zz and guilds are the best way to solve this problem if ya can't do it solo also try telling them to.stop instead of talking trash not saying u do just from what I see

sure but people like you are the problem. "Oh I'm in a good guild, I can gang who I want to win then trash their name."

cute.

Pirate Captain
09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Did you talk to the gm? Or just leave the guild and join another one because if you quit pvp after getting ganged a couple times you're never going to get the hang of it. Whenever I get ganged I try something new whether its pming the gm, calling friends, even just telling them to stop sometimes works, then if none of that works leave the room I guess. The worst thing to do is to start trash talking.

raw
09-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I haven't read much of this thread besides this bold portion from the OP:

"When will all you players play with sportsmanship and respect?"

I agree 100% that there is a lack of this from a sizable amount of players in AL, regardless of level. PVP has a way of bringing out the worst in people, including myself. The fundamental issue is this. People have TOO much time in CTF, and not a real goal, which is to actually capture the flag, so they resort to creating 5v5 free-for-all's which translate into a cesspool of smack talking. and therefore drama. During the CTF 5v5 tournament, there wasn't a ton of smack talking because teams actually had to focus on winning. That's what STS intended for, and if you ask the players that competed, I'm sure they'd tell you that they have a lot of fun. Gear wasn't AS important as it is in a 5v5 free for all, whereas in real CTF strategy is more important.

Games like League of Legends don't leave you with tons of time to chat while playing, and most of the limited talking is strategy related. much like the ctf tournmanet. STS cannot do much to curb the attitudes of its players. It's simply out of their realm of control. However, instead of joining a CTF match and killing noobs, and then waiting for an enemy to join so you can start a heated guild war, organize a 5v5 ctf match. Or, better yet, play a ctf match with the randoms on your team.

I've taken a step back from pvp on my rogue and I'm exploring other areas of Arcane Legends, and I'm finding that there are so many great things to do besides pvp. So, if you're frustrated with pvp, go do pve!

Best of luck, and don't let a few people ruin your day

Quickrr
09-18-2014, 12:34 PM
sure but people like you are the problem. "Oh I'm in a good guild, I can gang who I want to win then trash their name."

cute.
Lol, OK the guilds I've joined earn their place to be called "good" so we can kill whoever we want Its PvP don't bitch cuz u get ganged when I'm sure you do the same.

UndeadJudge
09-18-2014, 01:55 PM

Lol your solution is the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saribeau
09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Lol, OK the guilds I've joined earn their place to be called "good" so we can kill whoever we want Its PvP don't bitch cuz u get ganged when I'm sure you do the same.

Lmao watch your language. Your one of those kill farming 13s, trust me I've seen, I gang who gangs me but I don't trash them after I WIN. It's all about sportsmanship. U need to learn manners

Saribeau
09-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Lol your solution is the problem.

That's what I said and she called me a dog

Quickrr
09-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Lmao watch your language. Your one of those kill farming 13s, trust me I've seen, I gang who gangs me but I don't trash them after I WIN. It's all about sportsmanship. U need to learn manners
Bro you don't know anything about me.

Saribeau
09-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Bro you don't know anything about me.

I've played 11-14 8 times. I've seen most people's behavior. On my lower Lvl toons where I don't know many ppl I just observe. All I'm going to say is watch your language

Quickrr
09-18-2014, 02:06 PM
I've played 11-14 8 times. I've seen most people's behavior. On my lower Lvl toons where I don't know many ppl I just observe. All I'm going to say is watch your language
If that's all you were saying I wouldn't have cursed in the first place :)

UndeadJudge
09-18-2014, 04:00 PM
If that's all you were saying I wouldn't have cursed in the first place :)

You have no use in this thread, clearly a low level troll with a big ego. You may delete your senseless posts as well, thanks.

Quickrr
09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
You have no use in this thread, clearly a low level troll with a big ego. You may delete your senseless posts as well, thanks.

Like I said before you know nothing about me and I know what I'm talking about when it comes to PvP ^^

Ihateppl
09-18-2014, 05:55 PM
there is usually only a hand-full of truly "bad" ppl in a pvp zone, however, we often lose sight of our own limits when we are angry, and having guild wars only make it worse.
When we cant kill someone we ask for back up to kill, when they cant kill us then, they call for back up, and then you have clash.

Zynzyn
09-19-2014, 05:14 AM

Quickrr aka Reaprr, its just a game but there are real people behind the toons in this game. The game is about playing it is not about ruining another player's gaming experience on purpose and trash-talking. If it was not the internet, and there was no anonymity, would your attitude still be the same? What we do online when hidden under an anonymous "character name" reflects what we are in real life.

UndeadJudge
09-19-2014, 05:19 AM
Like I said before you know nothing about me and I know what I'm talking about when it comes to PvP ^^

So? And you don't know who I am either?

This is so ironic how you derail a sportsmanship thread. If you don't have useful feedback, then no one needs your input.

Saribeau
09-19-2014, 07:43 AM

This is so ironic how you derail a sportsmanship thread. If you don't have useful feedback, then no one needs your input.

no sportsmanship in pvp....no sportsmanship forums...im so done.....

Quickrr
09-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Lol this isn't real life or sports bro the first part of that word is sports it originated from sports.. This has nothing to do with sports unless you break a sweat while playing this game and burning serious calories you just have no competitiveness. Anyone can comment whatever they think so I really don't care if you want my "input" or not

Serancha
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Lol this isn't real life or sports bro the first part of that word is sports it originated from sports.. This has nothing to do with sports unless you break a sweat while playing this game and burning serious calories you just have no competitiveness.

That's probably the most convoluted lack of logic I have ever read.

Quickrr
09-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Lol my logics are what I believe no need to trash them

UndeadJudge
09-19-2014, 03:50 PM

^

Serancha
09-19-2014, 04:24 PM
sportsˇmanˇship noun \-ˌship\
: fair play, respect for opponents, and polite behavior by someone who is competing in a sport or other competition

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with sweating or how many calories you burn.

Zeus
09-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Lol my logics are what I believe no need to trash them

Sorry, that's your opinion, not logic. I'm just saying for future reference so you know the different between the two. :)