PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with my email account?

Ellyidol
01-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Hey guys.

So recently, I noticed when I send out an email, my name comes out as :

"SKL Promotions 2011" <myemailaddress@yahoo.com>

I find this a problem because I AM NOT SKL Promotions 2011, I get treated as a spam, and I'm worried my account got hacked into or my emails are being coursed through a 3rd party or such.

What do you guys know on this? I emailed Yahoo explaining, but I'd probably get a faster answer here.

I'm also hesitant to change my email address because almost all my files have this email address. (Facebook, university stuff, insurance, etc).

Militaryman
01-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Do u know what this SKL thingamabober is?

Ellyidol
01-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Nope, no idea. I tried googling it and it doesn't seem to come up as this huge hack or something. I've tried deleting the cookies from my browser, if that works. If not, I'll try to have my computer cleaned up by an IT guy.

Random stuff come up in google when you search SKL Promotions, nothing scary though.

xxteargodxx
01-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Look through all your email settings for something called signature or quote see if that JKL stuff is saved there as a quote to be attatched to every email you send. I really doubt ite spyware causing this i have no idea other than that.

Personally i say switch to GMail, i have been using it for years with no problems at all. And just give yourself time if you decide to change your email and make sure to write down all the important sites you visit that you would need to change it for.

Ellyidol
01-25-2011, 01:53 AM
I tried checking through, cant seem to find a signature or such. Also it says there are no aliases attached to my account. Ill have to check again, I've messaged yahoo about it though, so hopefully they will reply soon.

I actually could, but literally everything important ive filled up uses this email address. =\