PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS farmerpain ??

rhomjhie
09-11-2014, 11:47 PM
he has the best time in shuyal and tindirin elite and it takes only 1-4 mins to finish those maps in solo party.

CHECK THE LB

Gensin
09-11-2014, 11:51 PM
he has the best time in shuyal and tindirin elite and it takes only 1-4 mins to finish those maps in solo party.

CHECK THE LB

A mod testing time running.

Madnex
09-12-2014, 12:38 AM
The question is, what exactly are they testing with /killall or 10000 damage & 50000 armor? Sounds more like having fun with modded gear than testing to me, lol.

Zylx
09-12-2014, 12:47 AM
The question is, what exactly are they testing with /killall or 10000 damage & 50000 armor? Sounds more like having fun with modded gear than testing to me, lol.

They are uh... testing the uhh... uhh....testing the uhhh.... testing to see if the acheivement that you get from completing the map.. is... working properly....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vQ4JSOYjdgg/U14_Q7kZmKI/AAAAAAAAEz0/FwB0pz5N7z4/s1600/4.jpg

Jurmans
09-12-2014, 12:59 AM

They might be doing some bug tests before giving away banners to the lb players.

Gensin
09-12-2014, 01:39 AM

So your basically saying a mod is abusing his power instead of doing his/her job?

Samhayne
09-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey guys,

No shenanigans here, it is just part of the testing for the coming new client (with the Planar Arena). Our apologies for any confusion caused. The LB is already cleaned up.

Thanks!

Haligali
09-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,

No shenanigans here, it is just part of the testing for the coming new client (with the Planar Arena). Our apologies for any confusion caused. The LB is already cleaned up.

Thanks!

Clear the enhanced board also pls.

Gensin
09-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Theres your answer, Madnab.

Madnex
09-12-2014, 03:34 AM
That's quite a generalized answer really, lol. The only scenario I can think of is while trying to test if the AP's are correctly rewarded, which would make some sense. But why not wait a couple more minutes and avoid all the forum fuss and the need to remove the times afterwards then?

Anyhow, LB times have already come to mean very little so it's just amusing to see the reactions of the rec holders.

SacredKnight
09-12-2014, 03:56 AM
That's quite a generalized answer really, lol. The only scenario I can think of is while trying to test if the AP's are correctly rewarded, which would make some sense. But why not wait a couple more minutes and avoid all the forum fuss and the need to remove the times afterwards then?

Anyhow, LB times have already come to mean very little so it's just amusing to see the reactions of the rec holders.

Hahahaha, too true :)

Zynzyn
09-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Its Onade. :P

Xpolosion
09-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Lol ya enhanced isnt cleared..

Morholt
09-12-2014, 07:50 PM
This happens from time to time. Last time, I think they had a toon named 'Death' doing it.
Just a developer testing certain things.

And when they need to do 500 tests of something...it makes little sense for them to wait around an extra 7 minutes each time, when they can quickly & easily fix the boards when done.

Remember, it is sometimes very difficult for them to reproduce bugs with little knowledge about them/what causes them. It's even harder to just find unknown ones, too. It's not like they can just do one test run.
For example, the Arena APs have always been buggy one way or another. And usually, players reporting the bugs have little information on what is causing it. And that gives devs very little to figure out what is going on. It could be some minute little detail as a warrior wearing a specific ring & amulet combination AND switching out between two specific pets. It's very unlikely for certain things like that to be found as a cause of a specific bug. So whatever a dev is testing/checking, they need to do many runs to compete a thorough investigation.

GoodSyntax
09-12-2014, 11:19 PM
...So whatever a dev is testing/checking, they need to do many runs to compete a thorough investigation.

Or they could just read the forums, talk to any of the hundreds of elite fanatics, or better yet, run with them once in a while....

Morholt
09-13-2014, 03:38 AM
Or they could just read the forums, talk to any of the hundreds of elite fanatics, or better yet, run with them once in a while....I don't think someone trying to hold a timed record spot through a rather unknown bug is going to say, "hey, devs, here's the bug that exist. Go ahead and fix it so I can't be on the leaderboard anymore."

The testing would be too biased. Bugs are usually reported when they negatively effect players. If someone finds a beneficial bug, they are likely to try keeping it hidden from others, so that they can profit from it before it is brought to light. I'm sure the first person or two to discover last season's issue with elite Krom had taken advantage of it before letting anyone else know about it--and likely reported privately, in an attempt to preserve their loot's value.

So, again, to DISCOVER an unknown (or thought be unknown) bug requires a lot of testing, with no body there to possibly interfere or corrupt the testing.
And running alone can give them complete control of things. Perhaps they want to prepare new content and make 'parking' not possible (forcing you to fight mobs)? I'd imagine a dev could tap a button to all of a sudden become 'invisible' to mobs, to help with testing certain ranges and such.

kjed
09-13-2014, 05:30 AM
A farmer in pain..farmerpain logic dudes

GoodSyntax
09-13-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think someone trying to hold a timed record spot through a rather unknown bug is going to say, "hey, devs, here's the bug that exist. Go ahead and fix it so I can't be on the leaderboard anymore."

The testing would be too biased. Bugs are usually reported when they negatively effect players. If someone finds a beneficial bug, they are likely to try keeping it hidden from others, so that they can profit from it before it is brought to light. I'm sure the first person or two to discover last season's issue with elite Krom had taken advantage of it before letting anyone else know about it--and likely reported privately, in an attempt to preserve their loot's value.

So, again, to DISCOVER an unknown (or thought be unknown) bug requires a lot of testing, with no body there to possibly interfere or corrupt the testing.
And running alone can give them complete control of things. Perhaps they want to prepare new content and make 'parking' not possible (forcing you to fight mobs)? I'd imagine a dev could tap a button to all of a sudden become 'invisible' to mobs, to help with testing certain ranges and such.

This is true, but look at all the bugs that have been captured and described here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158141-Complete-list-of-current-bugs

The community here is very active, and there are a bunch of players that are responsible and attempt to communicate hacks, exploits, errors and instabilities with the game engine. A good complement to STS's own internal testing would be to reach out to those that report issues (like those in the list above), and work with the players.

PL was my first Legends game, and what really hooked me was the involvement of the Devs and Mods. Almost every day, I would find one or two of them in town. I saw them running maps with me and other players, and I genuinely appreciated the back-and-forth, which is what really made the game feel intimate, like we were all working together to build something special. AL also started that way, back in S1/S2. But as the seasons wore on, we see less and less of the Dev and player relationship. Now, many bugs go reported and many threads get created, yet it is difficult to get Dev feedback sometimes.

More collaboration would be appreciated and would probably lead to better solutions. Just sayin....

Crowsfoot
09-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Or they could just read the forums, talk to any of the hundreds of elite fanatics, or better yet, run with them once in a while....
I certainly wouldn't have a problem sharing the techniques I use for running elite with Devs. I would imagine that you and many others would also gladly share their methods.

It always surprises me of how little Devs take advantage of their what I can only describe as "rock star" status amongst players. If players are willing to be scammer doubt of gold because they think someone is a Dev, they are certainly willing to run a map with a real Dev.

A personal note: Please test new maps with a mix of maxed and average gear/pets. Of the few Devs I've seen in maps instead of in towns, they have always been max geared and using the latest arcane pet. I do not know if that is the same method used for testing new maps, but I have to assume so since maps are ALWAYS nerfed a few weeks after release.

Haligali
09-13-2014, 02:58 PM
This is true, but look at all the bugs that have been captured and described here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158141-Complete-list-of-current-bugs

The community here is very active, and there are a bunch of players that are responsible and attempt to communicate hacks, exploits, errors and instabilities with the game engine. A good complement to STS's own internal testing would be to reach out to those that report issues (like those in the list above), and work with the players.

PL was my first Legends game, and what really hooked me was the involvement of the Devs and Mods. Almost every day, I would find one or two of them in town. I saw them running maps with me and other players, and I genuinely appreciated the back-and-forth, which is what really made the game feel intimate, like we were all working together to build something special. AL also started that way, back in S1/S2. But as the seasons wore on, we see less and less of the Dev and player relationship. Now, many bugs go reported and many threads get created, yet it is difficult to get Dev feedback sometimes.

More collaboration would be appreciated and would probably lead to better solutions. Just sayin....

Exactly, the killall command and the 500000 armor make them forget to think as an average player. Idk what they testing with these, but not a good way to test map diffculty with new gear. Maybe granted achievements, but thats too late for that.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Kreasadriii
09-14-2014, 09:33 AM
They ever testing before magma gear released I guess.
Then release ancient & living gear equipment which is the stats almost same with magma, event only, and better stats.

Failed? >_<

STS want their names on LB too, and it too easy for them :(