PDA

View Full Version : How was tarlok event like?

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 04:28 AM
I started this game for like 4 months ago and many say that tarlok was fun for everyone.
So...I'm curious...how was it like and why did you like it a lot:)?

Limsi
09-13-2014, 04:47 AM
If you wanted to run portals during the Talrok event, all you would need to do is find a portal in all of the maps. That's all - no energy kit required to enter. No bs, just pure fun.

Hiosahaf
09-13-2014, 04:52 AM
No bs, just pure fun.
How true..

utpal
09-13-2014, 05:08 AM
it is the best event ever I played in sts games PL,SL,AL.

u need a active guild that's all.
no energy, no waiting, only hunting portals and call ur guild members for party.
was so much fun. I wish it comes again.

kjed
09-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Yeah it was fun but ive never looted a breezaga so it was boring.lol

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 06:26 AM
No bs, just pure fun.

What's bs?

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 06:27 AM
it is the best event ever I played in sts games PL,SL,AL.

u need a active guild that's all.
no energy, no waiting, only hunting portals and call ur guild members for party.
was so much fun. I wish it comes again.

Wow, wish I were here

obee
09-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Best event ever

Alhuntrazeck
09-13-2014, 06:54 AM
It was the best event, the only issue was the abusers who made STS introduce the energy balls this time round. Goes to show how people who take the easy road make things all the more harder for others.

nelson131
09-13-2014, 06:56 AM
annnnnd abusing the join button which greately benefited ppl with a ton of active friends

Darkrai
09-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Just fun no energy damn i miss that days

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Lol everyone says that, that's why I'm asking how it was like:)

Elektra.
09-13-2014, 08:02 AM
You want the truth?
I spent the entire tarlok event playing pvp.. ;)
It was that awesome.

obee
09-13-2014, 08:08 AM
I still use a tarlok amulet. Better then lunar when you gem it

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 08:13 AM
You want the truth?
I spent the entire tarlok event playing pvp.. ;)
It was that awesome.

Uhh...?

Gensin
09-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Definitely best event ever.

1st Tarlok event
2nd All hellows event.
3rd None
4th None
5th None
6th None
7th Goblin event
9th None
10th Elondrian event

in my opinion.

Soundlesskill
09-13-2014, 09:08 AM
If you wanted to run portals during the Talrok event, all you would need to do is find a portal in all of the maps. That's all - no energy kit required to enter. No bs, just pure fun.

#WindmoreHarborPortalGlitchFTW!

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Definitely best event ever.

1st Tarlok event
2nd All hellows event.
3rd None
4th None
5th None
6th None
7th Goblin event
9th None
10th Elondrian event

in my opinion.

Lol I thought elondrian wouldn't be on the list

kinzmet
09-13-2014, 09:16 AM
...I'll post my tarlok event screenshots when I get home, its the best event ever!!!
-No energy kits
-Lots of prices (I still got my Ice queen vanity to remember the awesome event!)
-No trophy pets Everyone can get the event pet if they work hard!
-Awesome Tarlok gears for twinking! I made my first twink using the Tarlok of potency set I got from here!
-The best part is that this event leaves players wanting more!!!

I'm looking forward to the next Tarlok 2!

Gensin
09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Lol I thought elondrian wouldn't be on the list

If 6 is the passing grade in 10/10, I'll rate elondrian event, 6. Passing grade.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
...I'll post my tarlok event screenshots when I get home, its the best event ever!!!
-No energy kits
-Lots of prices (I still got my Ice queen vanity to remember the awesome event!)
-No trophy pets Everyone can get the event pet if they work hard!
-Awesome Tarlok gears for twinking! I made my first twink using the Tarlok of potency set I got from here!
-The best part is that this event leaves players wanting more!!!

Thx for the ss and replying:)
Really wanna know how it looked like...
For other newbies too

Gensin
09-13-2014, 09:19 AM
AND THE BIGGEST ASPECT OF IT IS.

No competition.
Literally no LB competition.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 09:23 AM
If 6 is the passing grade in 10/10, I'll rate elondrian event, 6. Passing grade.

Same, at least I've got profit from it

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 09:25 AM
AND THE BIGGEST ASPECT OF IT IS.

No competition.
Literally no LB competition.

That seems awesome, I dislike the feeling of competing with others actually

Sdbigdaddy
09-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Fun, fun. Actually felt sad when it was over. I liked the halloween event also. Last event had to buy event kits or farm essences to get in n the fun and whats her name boss sucked.
Event essences are here to stay supposedly, so it wont be like tarlocks event. Too bad you missed that bro.

Arachnophobik
09-13-2014, 11:24 AM
I started about a week before tarlok came. As a new guildless player, i had no idea what i was doing. All i know is i hated frost that spawns randomly on maps cuz it was too hard for me. I got enough tokens to buy a prance tho. Now looking back at it, i wish i wasnt a noob and did more portal hunting XD

faiy
09-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Tarlok event was like the best, those days where

Visiting
09-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Tarlok is love, Tarlok is life.

Haligali
09-13-2014, 12:35 PM
- The event gear was in the non-tradeable event chests, so if you want to loot them, you need to work for it, not just pop some crates.

- No lb competition, this destroys the economy, lb runners flooding the market with event gear to finance their runs.

- More interesting gems.

epicrrr
09-13-2014, 12:42 PM
If you have plat = easy money for you cuz you can instantly go to the final boss, or you can always exploit the bug portal!

thank God for energy requirements!

Titanium
09-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Tarlok was good enough.

But I kinda feel like Elondrian event wasn't that bad either. If you were a handy person you could made a lot of golds from both events.

Imo Elondrian event gave more stuff to farm than Tarlok event. I looted a breezaga and i farmed more than 100 hrs . How many Elondria's essence anyone could drop in 100 hrs ? Just saying ...

Edit:

Tarlok offered a good picture what to expect from the next events. I kinda deleted some tarlok's essence during the event HAHAHA

User111
09-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Best event ever!

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Tarlok is love, Tarlok is life.

This explains all:)

Darkrai
09-13-2014, 05:05 PM
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r681/lenselinksimon/Screenshot_2013-12-11-12-17-28_zpstvdjpjo_edit_1386762451100_zpsb7jr6dmc.pnght tp://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r681/lenselinksimon/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-37-50_zpsg3fwnukp.pnghttp://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r681/lenselinksimon/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2013-12-14-10-57-33_zpsl9phbg1c.png
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r681/lenselinksimon/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2013-12-19-12-31-28_zpsyoxg8o38.png
Maked them for the contest almost a year ago

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Can ya explain how these work?

Chrisaetoshawker
09-13-2014, 05:46 PM
It looks fun, having random mobs in normal maps

Hectororius
09-13-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm sure if you do a search for tarlok related posts you will find and see how unique it was at the time.

- Portals spawns from Brackenridge - Gold Mine up after you killed a Boss. The Odds of getting the harder bosses depended on the map you ran, so if you ran elite maps you had better chances.

- Friends n Guildmates could join you in the portal once it spawned, so you could have lots of friends and guild mates join from a single portal (this was a kind of abuse)

- Because the portals only had a chance to spawn when the boss was defeated, you could basically spawn in to any map and be guaranteed that the boss would be defeated and players would cooperate with one another. THIS more than anything is what made the event so special and unique. There was a reason to play the game.

- Event Gear was unique and only dropped from looted chests, and you could craft better chests for better odds. non-tradable, so you earned your loot. Elondrian event took this too far by crafting Lockeds chests and the loots that dropped from them were too abundant.

- Effort was rewarded in the event. the harder you worked the better your chances of doing well.

- The plat turnstile seemed like a money grab at the time, but in hindsight, it was a great balance between players wanting to play for free, or just farming bosses quickly and be rewarded as such. they even gave you a free goblin boss (perhaps the worst event boss ever made, think helena, but not cheap) after you paid for your respective boss.

- Each Portal boss was unique, and Thorbold was perhaps the most challenging yet not impossible event boss, and even dropped the golden chests (imagine if Helena Dropped Spirit chests).

The recent event system has a lot of flaws in it (The LB system is a flaw) but there are lots of things that STS can work on that could make the next event just as playable and fun as tarlok while maintaining the energy system (its not going away, deal with it).

Any of the long time players left are probably holding out on the chance that the game will come back to its full glory that we all remember fondly and hopefully create some end game content that doesn't revolve around spending plat and energy.

SacredKnight
09-14-2014, 03:27 AM
Tarlok was the best.

Nuff' Said.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-14-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm sure if you do a search for tarlok related posts you will find and see how unique it was at the time.

- Portals spawns from Brackenridge - Gold Mine up after you killed a Boss. The Odds of getting the harder bosses depended on the map you ran, so if you ran elite maps you had better chances.

- Friends n Guildmates could join you in the portal once it spawned, so you could have lots of friends and guild mates join from a single portal (this was a kind of abuse)

- Because the portals only had a chance to spawn when the boss was defeated, you could basically spawn in to any map and be guaranteed that the boss would be defeated and players would cooperate with one another. THIS more than anything is what made the event so special and unique. There was a reason to play the game.

- Event Gear was unique and only dropped from looted chests, and you could craft better chests for better odds. non-tradable, so you earned your loot. Elondrian event took this too far by crafting Lockeds chests and the loots that dropped from them were too abundant.

- Effort was rewarded in the event. the harder you worked the better your chances of doing well.

- The plat turnstile seemed like a money grab at the time, but in hindsight, it was a great balance between players wanting to play for free, or just farming bosses quickly and be rewarded as such. they even gave you a free goblin boss (perhaps the worst event boss ever made, think helena, but not cheap) after you paid for your respective boss.

- Each Portal boss was unique, and Thorbold was perhaps the most challenging yet not impossible event boss, and even dropped the golden chests (imagine if Helena Dropped Spirit chests).

The recent event system has a lot of flaws in it (The LB system is a flaw) but there are lots of things that STS can work on that could make the next event just as playable and fun as tarlok while maintaining the energy system (its not going away, deal with it).

Any of the long time players left are probably holding out on the chance that the game will come back to its full glory that we all remember fondly and hopefully create some end game content that doesn't revolve around spending plat and energy.

Thx a lot;3

Leprechaun
09-15-2014, 04:46 AM
portal! join!

Idly
09-15-2014, 05:05 AM
portal! join!

Join Failed! The selected map is full or reserved for other player's.

Huhu damn those join spammers xD

But still way better than ursoth event

Join!!
Which boss?
Helena
Please join its my last free energy!
...... .......
*tumbleweed*
I hate you all *leaves grove, waits 8hrs*
JOIN HELENA!!!
I hate this event!

Prahasit Prahi
09-15-2014, 06:03 AM
It is like tarlok event... :p

Chrisaetoshawker
09-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Join!!
Which boss?
Helena
Please join its my last free energy!
...... .......
*tumbleweed*
I hate you all *leaves grove, waits 8hrs*
JOIN HELENA!!!
I hate this event!

So true

Lunareclipsee
09-15-2014, 08:30 PM
GUYS JOiN I FOUND TARLOK(DRAGON)!!!!
omg i miss this event very much really hv load of fun, All guildies willing to share for wat they found, all work hard to share wit other, Best event ever

Chrisaetoshawker
09-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Seriously, why didnt sts remain this huge succes?

Hectororius
09-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Seriously, why didnt sts remain this huge succes?

The answer is simple. I didnt make them money. And there was too much abuse (nobody can deny this).

They could have implemented the energy system way better than the first 2 events. The craftable energy was a nice start, but there is much more that can be done to make the game fun and PLAYABLE.

Will STS listen to feedback?

Chrisaetoshawker
09-16-2014, 09:18 AM
The answer is simple. I didnt make them money. And there was too much abuse (nobody can deny this).

They could have implemented the energy system way better than the first 2 events. The craftable energy was a nice start, but there is much more that can be done to make the game fun and PLAYABLE.

Will STS listen to feedback?

Sorry I'm new, but why abuse?

CuteFrog
09-16-2014, 10:52 AM

no energy :) thats what i like

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk