PDA

View Full Version : No-sell feature on valuable items

Subterraneous
01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I'd like the developers to consider allowing players to put a manual "do not sell" feature on items they value. For example, I carry all my shadow and cosmos gear together and use each for different situations. As you get a full inventory, you go through the great sell off and I have almost sold my good gear as I'm mindlessly going through the sales screens.

Is there a way to idiot-proof this better? I would hate to sell a 300K piece of rift armor for 200g. Thanks!

Royce
01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
There is a recover items feature that temporarily save the last 5 liquidated items and allows you to buy them back. I use to think something like this would be nice, but now that we have a sorted inventory and the recover feature I don't think it's really needed.

Norbert
01-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I think a lock checkbox for items would be fantastic. +1. (see also my lootbag idea...)

Pandamoni
01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
There is a recover items feature that temporarily save the last 5 liquidated items and allows you to buy them back. I use to think something like this would be nice, but now that we have a sorted inventory and the recover feature I don't think it's really needed.

There is? I didn't realize this! I'll have to check it out when I get home. Very helpful, thanks :)

Echelong
01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I think a lock checkbox for items would be fantastic. +1. (see also my lootbag idea...)

+1 love this idea

Subterraneous
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
There is? I didn't realize this! I'll have to check it out when I get home. Very helpful, thanks :)

This was news to me as well.

Cormz
01-24-2011, 09:41 PM
im always paranoid about selling stuff by accident too, please put lock feature

Subterraneous
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Ok, I have given this a little thought and have a suggestion based on people's comments and what I read in another thread about the tedium of having to individually sell each item not worth keeping. Here goes:

1. Create two forms of inventory - protected and unprotected inventory. When an item is put into a character's inventory it automatically goes into unprotected inventory. If it's an item the player wants to keep, then he manually shifts the item from unprotected to protected where it becomes "locked" from fat fingered selling. Then end game stuff and/or booster gear is not in danger of liquidation. Protected and Unprotected inventory count together towards the total number of available inventory slots.

2. In order to sell, stash or consign an item, a player must first move the item from protected into unprotected. Trades shouldn't matter since it seems like such a conscientious transaction anyways but if it followed this rule as well then so be it.

3. Following this rule would allow players to sell all unprotected without worrying about losing the "good stuff". Therefore, if you had 25 greens, 4 yellows and that Destiny pink (that nobody wants) in your unprotected inventory - you could sell it all in a couple clicks without having to go through each item. This would improve gameplay by not having to do this mundane activity once every 60-90 minutes if you're going through VL runs (as an example).

4. Once these concepts are in place, you could also create a more advanced concept called the Auto-Protect Item Filter that would allow players to create a filter that would automatically place an item into protected inventory when looted. For example, I could create a filter called "Rift" or "Cosmos" and/or Legendary that would ensure that all these types of items would default to being protected since I would have other plans for those items besides selling immediately for gold. You could even give everyone a standard 5 filters free and charge 1-2p for each new filter (similar to what's being considered for auto-load inventory slots) or say as a package of five.

While there may be improvements to my suggestion, I think this would be an easy enhancement that would immediately enhance gameplay for all players. Thanks!

Sub

Kujen
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
I would just like the "recover items" feature to hold more than the last 5 liquidations. I accidentally sold one of my only Halloween items that way, it was a green somebody gave me. By the time I realized, it was gone.