PDA

View Full Version : Free Rename weekend

Hail
09-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Hey all,
I was just thinking of how great it would be to have a weekend event where renaming would be free. We have the free respec weekend (which is loved by all) so why not have a free rename weekend. Of course this would not be often because of the large amount of plats needed to rename but remember not everyone buys plats and it would take a lot of offers over a long time to just get to 30. And if this suggestion is not appetizing to you at least make renaming able through daily token quests.

Just a Suggestion :)

Soundlesskill
09-13-2014, 07:25 AM
I wish.. But it would encourage scam.

Sundar Moorthi
09-13-2014, 08:01 AM
i agree soundlesskill

Hail
09-13-2014, 09:00 AM
I wish.. But it would encourage scam.

Scamming would only be capable if two players were trading/selling names where its not recommended due to the lack of the trade system. The point of the weekend is just simply to rename a character...not to trade/buy/sell names however I do see your point

Soundlesskill
09-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Scamming would only be capable if two players were trading/selling names where its not recommended due to the lack of the trade system. The point of the weekend is just simply to rename a character...not to trade/buy/sell names however I do see your point

I didn't quite understand your message sorry. I didn't mean for name selling, but for scam.
When someone scams you, they often change their name to avoid being reported. I wish there was a free way to change name tho :)

Hail
09-13-2014, 09:20 AM
I didn't quite understand your message sorry. I didn't mean for name selling, but for scam.
When someone scams you, they often change their name to avoid being reported. I wish there was a free way to change name tho :)

Yes that is a problem! Maybe if you could only rename once per character during the weekend to atleast "reduce" scamming

Soundlesskill
09-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Yes that is a problem! Maybe if you could only rename once per character during the weekend to atleast "reduce" scamming

Hmm, tbh Harmony, I want this as much as you. As you can probably see in my sig, I've changed name a lot. But sadly, it does promote scam, and if tbere is a slight chance of more scam, STS won't allow it.

epicrrr
09-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Ive been dying to change name for a year now, but yeah this wont happen ever as 30 plat x lets say 10, 000 is going to be jawdropping in possible revenue.

Hail
09-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Ive been dying to change name for a year now, but yeah this wont happen ever as 30 plat x lets say 10, 000 is going to be jawdropping in possible revenue.

You got a point but then look at free respec weekend.
1 respec = 5 plats
Personally I would respec my character at least 10 times to try builds out
5 plats x 10 = 50
Multiply that by 10,000 roughly and its the same thing xD

Zynzyn
09-16-2014, 05:13 AM
+ 1 to rename day/weekend.

It wont increase the chance for scams because scamming occurs due to the carelessness of the ones being scammed. So long as we are alert nobody can scam us, no matter how many times they plan to change their name.

Soundlesskill
09-16-2014, 10:04 AM
+ 1 to rename day/weekend.

It wont increase the chance for scams because scamming occurs due to the carelessness of the ones being scammed. So long as we are alert nobody can scam us, no matter how many times they plan to change their name.

Nah, I got scammed by someone logged into 2 accounts and accepting a trade with 1m instead of the one with 10m :)