PDA

View Full Version : Apply the % nerf to rogues in deathmatch.

UndeadJudge
09-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Rogues being able to 1 shot classes shouldn't be possible. But it is. There's no fun in deathmatch, even in twink levels. It's just over geared rogues that know how to use aimed.

For the sake of class balance nerf us rogues..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember Me
09-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Then don't play tdm....

I don't want to be sound sarcastic but why would we change tdm because you feel like it...

Zeus
09-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Then don't play tdm....

I don't want to be sound sarcastic but why would we change tdm because you feel like it...

It's a glitch & unintended.

Here, I'll fix your logic for you: "I don't want to be sound sarcastic but why would we keep TDM the way it is just because you feel like it..."

UndeadJudge
09-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Then don't play tdm....

You don't want to sound sarcastic? In how many of your posts do you "not want to sound sarcastic"?

Besides, if you don't like the way STS does tourneys, just don't enter them. Why should we change the teams because you feel like it?

obee
09-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Then don't play tdm....

"Then don't play Tdm" ...brah wtf lol. Just...no

Ravager
09-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I think they stated it would be fixed before the tournament. Here's hoping they stick to it.

Kakashis
09-14-2014, 02:26 PM
That would be great and actually give warriors a fighting chance. As it is at level 33, you're full hp one moment and dead the next. 2 rogues is GG. Warriors can't even kill one let alone 2 haha

Madnex
09-14-2014, 03:14 PM
I think they stated it would be fixed before the tournament. Here's hoping they stick to it.
Well it's going to suck if pets with damage buff fail to work there as well. Pretty sure we'll be looking at CTF no 2 if they do go ahead with the "fix".

Zynzyn
09-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Firstly, glitch of rogues not getting the damage bonus from pets in ctf should be fixed soon. Only after this bug is fixed, the damage nerf could be applied to TDM as it is in CTF. Otherwise there is no fun in playing the rogue class with such huge nerfs. People play pvp at many many different levels besides endgame and do need a reasonable amount of damage. 10% damage nerf is alright but on top of that, rogues not getting their damage bonus from pets too is totally unfair.

UndeadJudge
09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Firstly, glitch of rogues not getting the damage bonus from pets in ctf should be fixed soon. Only after this bug is fixed, the damage nerf could be applied to TDM as it is in CTF. Otherwise there is no fun in playing the rogue class with such huge nerfs. People play pvp at many many different levels besides endgame and do need a reasonable amount of damage. 10% damage nerf is alright but on top of that, rogues not getting their damage bonus from pets too is totally unfair.

There's no reason for this to happen IMO. We can already kill other classes without any issue at all, so adding this makes us more OP than we are.

I was able to kill 6 skill Samael warriors back when they could swap skills. And mages were just a joke even with 6 skills. This is from 26/27 pvp.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/15/e7uqy7e2.jpg

Earlingstad
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
@Judge - You are level 27 which falls in the higher bracket of pvp. At your level, maxed players use mythic items. Besides your level, there are also a wide range of players who play mid-level (18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13) and low level pvp (lvl 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 ). They spend tons of plats to acquire the best pets and then these rogues find that due to some flawed buff-debuff system, they are the only class not getting the damage bonus from their pets. Think of it from their perspective. Rogues in these more popular twinking levels do not have the damage a rogue of your level has. Hence, a tank has the upper hand. I agree with your point that TDM should get its damage nerf but yes this pet damage buff bug needs fixing urgently.

Madnex
09-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Fix the buff system first then we can talk about the balance. And one pic doesn't really say anything, especially as it looks like lag kill/skill swap fail (full MP).

Speedofsound
09-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Fix the buff system first then we can talk about the balance. And one pic doesn't really say anything, especially as it looks like lag kill/skill swap fail (full MP).
At level 26 pvp maxed tanks with 6 skills could fall to rogues if the tanks didnt know what they were doing.

Endkey
09-15-2014, 03:11 AM
Totally agreed. Even if this is a glitch, I would prefer this dmg in ctf rather than tdm where we have walls so we can hide and play tactfully. Not like tdm where you go all on the rogue and just one hit your way through.

UndeadJudge
09-15-2014, 06:58 AM
At level 26 pvp maxed tanks with 6 skills could fall to rogues if the tanks didnt know what they were doing.

I beat all the 6 skill Samael tanks at least 4 times :p

Anyway tho, I'm not sure about lower levels, but honestly I don't see any competition at all between rogues and other classes..

Ravager
09-16-2014, 04:06 PM
There is still a difference in dmg for rogue in ctf vs tdm.

Kakashis
09-26-2014, 06:22 AM
There's no reason for this to happen IMO. We can already kill other classes without any issue at all, so adding this makes us more OP than we are.

I was able to kill 6 skill Samael warriors back when they could swap skills. And mages were just a joke even with 6 skills. This is from 26/27 pvp.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/15/e7uqy7e2.jpg

This is exactly why the damage should at least be taken away in TDM. As it is, rogues can kill anything without any trouble which is too OP.

Iliketolol
09-26-2014, 06:36 AM
yes i have a 100% maxed out tank at 33 with as max as possible stats about 6k hp and 1650 armour...and rogue in tdm can take me down In single combo @_@ kindly plz fix this as soon as possible @_@.

Haligali
09-26-2014, 06:49 AM
It's a glitch & unintended.

Here, I'll fix your logic for you: "I don't want to be sound sarcastic but why would we keep TDM the way it is just because you feel like it..."

There will be always people, who want to play in an easy way. Unfortunately, they are the loudest and most offended, when there is a glitch with other classes as well. Just look at the mauler hypocrites who reported mythic gun proc..

Hail
09-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Lol I think the more important issue is the damage we don't receive from our pets in ctf. From a level 9 perspective in ctf my rogue (using singe) has roughly 67.2 dmg.

Same pet same gears but in tdm heres my rogues dmg @ 83.6

Thats roughly 16.4 damage. At my level, 16 damage does make a major impact!

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 08:00 AM
Lol I think the more important issue is the damage we don't receive from our pets in ctf. From a level 9 perspective in ctf my rogue (using singe) has roughly 67.2 dmg.

Same pet same gears but in tdm heres my rogues dmg @ 83.6

Thats roughly 16.4 damage. At my level, 16 damage does make a major impact!

I understand completely. I haven't played at your level in a long time, but it's a whole different ball game when you compare the class balance at our levels.

I literally 1 shot a level 25 3 times in a row in tdm. And I use a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail
09-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I understand completely. I haven't played at your level in a long time, but it's a whole different ball game when you compare the class balance at our levels.

I literally 1 shot a level 25 3 times in a row in tdm. And I use a bow.

Possibly if there was a way that the amount of damage nerfed scaled with the rogues level?

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Possibly if there was a way that the amount of damage nerfed scaled with the rogues level?

Or balance gear better. I mean, 100 HP and mana is a lot for a level 9.

There's something screwed up with the rogue scaling, that's all I know for sure. But any solution to help balance pvp is good.

RDX
09-26-2014, 08:56 AM
yes i have a 100% maxed out tank at 33 with as max as possible stats about 6k hp and 1650 armour...and rogue in tdm can take me down In single combo @_@ kindly plz fix this as soon as possible @_@.

Let me farm u more ;*

RDX
09-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Its already sick that pet damage dsnt add in ctf.
..*now nerf the damge in tdm*

whats the point of spending lots of gold on high damage pets when their damage nt gonna add.
..pls add pet damage in ctf for rogues.lol

Hail
09-26-2014, 09:09 AM

whats the point of spending lots of gold on high damage pets when their damage nt gonna add.

Ikr, people like me spend gold to buy arcane pets as...well its pretty self-explanatory - they are arcane!...so that they can do well in pvp. 6/7 arcane pets have %dmg (glacian being the only one without) that meants that these six others lose that what should be distinct advantage from glacian in ctf..

Iliketolol
09-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Let me farm u more ;*

Lol

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 09:23 AM

You don't even play low level lol...you make it sound like hitting 4k crits in ctf isn't already op?

RDX
09-26-2014, 10:37 AM
I play at 33 maxed rogue .nvr did 4 k crtical.
I have a suggestion for u .dnt run nude :p .

Samhayne
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

We bugged this a while ago, but it looks like the fix got hung up with some other work. I'm asking the team to split it out so we can get the same global modifiers applied to both PvP areas. Our apologies for the inconsistency.

Zeus
09-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Hey guys,

We bugged this a while ago, but it looks like the fix got hung up with some other work. I'm asking the team to split it out so we can get the same global modifiers applied to both PvP areas. Our apologies for the inconsistency.

Does this fix also ensure that a rogue who uses damage percent pets will grant the happiness boost promised on stats in PvP? Right now, the whole debuff > buff precedence of the variables makes it so the global debuff for rogues also makes any sort of damage buff, including the ones found in our pets nonfunctional.

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Does this fix also ensure that a rogue who uses damage percent pets will grant the happiness boost promised on stats in PvP? Right now, the whole debuff > buff precedence of the variables makes it so the global debuff for rogues also makes any sort of damage buff, including the ones found in our pets nonfunctional.

This whole thing causes issues...because if pet boost is granted, then rogues already have a debuff, so they can't be debuffed again right?

Or they could make it so that if a rogue receives a damage debuff, then their pet boost and/or passives are cancelled

Haligali
09-26-2014, 01:38 PM
This thread is crazy, you guys talking about how easy to kill everything as a rogue but still want more damage? Or something i misunderstood.

Kakashis
09-26-2014, 01:57 PM
This thread is crazy, you guys talking about how easy to kill everything as a rogue but still want more damage? Or something i misunderstood.

Thanks Samhayne!

We want to make rogues damage less so it's more fair in TDM. It's already applied in CTF but overlooked in TDM. We just want fairness. Right now rogues can kill anything they want in 1v1

Grizzlis
09-26-2014, 02:13 PM

Lmao dont cry Rdx about how weak rogues are... Better learn some skills, cause without sam ur nothing

Madnex
09-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Just a reminder here, we need the damage debuff issue fixed before unifying PvP scalars to prevent creating a copy of the current CTF - bugged in such a way that --for the majority of the PvP population, aka Rogues-- it voids all those pricey arcane pets' damage buffs (that have been heavily advertized over the past four months).

Samhayne
09-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Just a reminder here, we need the damage debuff issue fixed before unifying PvP scalars to prevent creating a copy of the current CTF - bugged in such a way that --for the majority of the PvP population, aka Rogues-- it voids all those pricey arcane pets' damage buffs (that have been heavily advertized over the past four months).

Hey Madnex,

The % scaling issue is a pretty thorny one in its current implementation. Given how Rogues perform currently, our feeling is that it's ok to nurf them a bit in PvP.

We know the scaling issue is there and it is on our list to address. Unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day :) Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Spellcheck
09-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Yeah! It's defiantly fine to nurf the Rogues.

Madnex
09-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Hey Madnex,

The % scaling issue is a pretty thorny one in its current implementation. Given how Rogues perform currently, our feeling is that it's ok to nurf them a bit in PvP.

We know the scaling issue is there and it is on our list to address. Unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day :) Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Well, this really does kind of suck for rogues! Thanks for verifying though.

One last thing - are the scalar adjustments going to take place before the tournament begins or afterwards?

UndeadJudge
09-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey Madnex,

Thanks a lot, Sam! Hopefully this will minimize 1 shots/1 combos a little bit.

Hopefully this will be able to work out so everyone is satisfied.

Zeus
09-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Hey Madnex,

Can you design the pets in a way that do not shaft rogues, as well? As pet damage grows higher, the differences matter much less.

Example:
15% pets
Now, on top of the 10% damage nerf, we have another 15%. This makes for a total of 25%. That's a lot of damage missing! :/

As of right now, it's okay due to mythic gear being L31-36. So, even the current damage hits hard. As the game advances, so will the pets. Thus, if you can make sure it's not on the back burner for too long - that'd be appreciated!

RDX
09-26-2014, 10:34 PM
No one die in one combo.until they undergeard except rogue vs rogue.
Removing pets damage frm tdm makes arcane pets pve pets only.

RDX
09-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Lmao dont cry Rdx about how weak rogues are... Better learn some skills, cause without sa m ur nothing
Y u r getting personal,dnt cry if u cant afford samael.*better learn some skill*
U r skilld and u cry cause of a pet?
And its not about % damage nerf its about pet damage .

Grizzlis
09-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Y u r getting personal,dnt cry if u cant afford samael.*better learn some skill*
U r skilld and u cry cause of a pet?
And its not about % damage nerf its about pet damage .
I dont cry that I cant afford sam lol, its just really irritates me then everyone is talking how OP rogues are, that they have to get nerf, when random rich dude whos OP only because pet starts saying that dont nerf rogues. Its nothing personal just it really really irritates me

RDX
09-27-2014, 04:30 AM
I dont cry that I cant afford sam lol, its just really irritates me then everyone is talking how OP rogues are, that they have to get nerf, when random rich dude whos OP only because pet starts saying that dont nerf rogues. Its nothing personal just it really really irritates me

*random rich dude*
*Random peoples really really irritates me*
U talking about me like u know me well
Seems like i farmd u thats y u r crying .
U talk directly about me and its not personal.u have any idea what u write?
Ofcourse rogues are op at endgame .but at 31 maul warrior op.
I m free to write my points of view in forums .if it really really irritates u go cry somewhere.anyone can easily feel u crying on personal base.

I only said excluding pet damage in tdm will make damage pets uselss .

This is a fact so u dnt need to be really really irritate on ur personal behalf.

Grizzlis
09-27-2014, 05:06 AM

*random rich dude*
*Random peoples really really irritates me*
U talking about me like u know me well
Seems like i farmd u thats y u r crying .
U talk directly about me and its not personal.u have any idea what u write?
Ofcourse rogues are op at endgame .but at 31 maul warrior op.
I m free to write my points of view in forums .if it really really irritates u go cry somewhere.anyone can easily feel u crying on personal base.

I only said excluding pet damage in tdm will make damage pets uselss .

This is a fact so u dnt need to be really really irritate on ur personal behalf.

First of all this thread is about rogues dmg nerf in TDM, and thing that damage pets dont give % dmg in CTF is glitch. You wrote "now nerf the dmg in tdm", if u wrote about pets dmg, my bad I understood that u talking about overall rogues dmg.
Also Of course I know you. Try to remember mage who killed u in TDM, 1v1 without stunlock 4-0. So it really looks like u are crying, cause ur lackin of skills, to kill underpowered AL mage. Pm me if you have something to tell me, dont raise drama in forums

RDX
09-27-2014, 06:21 AM

First of all this thread is about rogues dmg nerf in TDM, and thing that damage pets dont give % dmg in CTF is glitch. You wrote "now nerf the dmg in tdm", if u wrote about pets dmg, my bad I understood that u talking about overall rogues dmg.
Also Of course I know you. Try to remember mage who killed u in TDM, 1v1 without stunlock 4-0. So it really looks like u are crying, cause ur lackin of skills, to kill underpowered AL mage. Pm me if you have something to tell me, dont raise drama in forums

U r the drama maker .dnt be personal next time.and ye many player killed me idc and remeber like u..*i killd u 4-0* r u my fan?.

UndeadJudge
09-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Ladies please...chill out.

Xeusx
09-27-2014, 08:16 AM
You guys are making this suggestion thread become drama thread, just...lol.

Kakashis
09-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Hey Madnex,

Thanks Samhayne, rogues definitely need a bit of a nerf for the other classes to stand a chance! In this case, it's just for the same rules to apply in TDM :)

Zynzyn
09-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Can you design the pets in a way that do not shaft rogues, as well? As pet damage grows higher, the differences matter much less.

Example:
15% pets
Now, on top of the 10% damage nerf, we have another 15%. This makes for a total of 25%. That's a lot of damage missing! :/

As of right now, it's okay due to mythic gear being L31-36. So, even the current damage hits hard. As the game advances, so will the pets. Thus, if you can make sure it's not on the back burner for too long - that'd be appreciated!

Zeus is right and I totally agree with his opinion. Can something be done so that the 10% dmg nerf in ctf remains intact but the rogues dont miss out on their pet's dmg boost? Rogues might be having it very easy at endgame and higher levels due to mythic gears and mythic rings and arcane rings. However, below 40-41 and 31-36 brackets also. a wide range of players play pvp and it is very unfair for rogues at these levels to lose so much damage.

Rules affecting pvp should not be made with only one section of players ( endgame and higher levels) in mind. Besides the kill-machine rogues of endgame, there are also rogues who play pvp at lvls ranging from 7-17 for example. Pets should certainly give rogues in ctf the dmg boost that their description promises. It is needed. Why should ALL rogues in ctf be scapegoats to keep endgame high-dmg rogues nerfed? Please find a solution to this.

MoloToha
09-28-2014, 08:37 AM
I believe that the reason of rogues being a bit OP in PvP is that aimed shot crit calculation bug (which results in one-shotting mages), not their uber-high damage stat or something like that.

Crazymobkiller
09-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Its okay to nerf rogues in pvp, I understand.
However, taking away the %dmg boost from dmg pets is another story therefore its unfair for the people who spend millions for arcane pets in hope to receive the % dmg as intended to find out later that this % damage is nerfed in CTF.
It kinda sucks

UndeadJudge
09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
20+ rogues don't need any sort of damage buff though, I play 27 and can still get 1 comboed even though I have 2.7k HP and 1k armor.

I really don't get why scaling is so off below 20...but as Sam said, they are aware of it but they will need time to work on it.

Vaeriu
09-29-2014, 06:01 AM
I believe that the damage % nerf could be kept at 10-15% for rogues at tdm and ctf
However, I am quite sore about how the pet damage percentages do not show.
I agree rogues were op without the damage nerfs and the pet damage percentage nerfs, especially at higher end game levels.
But rogues like us who reside at lower levels don't one combo lol, a combo at best does 1/2 to a warrior at lvl 15 and 1/3 to a warrior at lvl 13-14; easily healable with hor and vb and this is considering the fact that we crit everytime and at the highest possible damage, which is not possible.
So maybe keep the 10% damage nerf to rogues but not allowing it to completely override the damage percentage boosts from pets?
Thanks!
*Rogues do need a nerf. Even at lower levels, but this nerf in ctf is too much to handle. Fights take forever if we don't get extremely lucky with crits against warriors.

UndeadJudge
09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Big thanks to mods, issue is fixed in new update.

pradee
09-30-2014, 11:26 AM
U nerfed % in ctf ok now in tdm too
My lvl 33 rogue have 320 dmg now n warrior can easily reach 320 plus dmg and have insane hp plus their heal is amazing, ur making all dmg pets useless and plus u took away 10 percent dmg of rogues without pet it feels we r fighting with no pet with warriors n mages.
Coming to mages I already seen mages with 484 dmg in lvl 33 which is alot of dmg before nerfing us mage use 3 or 4 skills in 1v1 and we r toasted and now u made us weakest in all classes it makes u feel like u r dummy ,end game ppl with arcane ring n mythic bow dont feel the difference in dmg but what about low lvls think about it

pradee
09-30-2014, 11:29 AM
And now rogue critics is so rare its equal to dovabear panic

UndeadJudge
09-30-2014, 01:39 PM
And now rogue critics is so rare its equal to dovabear panic

The update did not affect critical rate.

Haligali
09-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Buff rogues!

Justfofun
09-30-2014, 02:19 PM
U nerfed % in ctf ok now in tdm too
My lvl 33 rogue have 320 dmg now n warrior can easily reach 320 plus dmg and have insane hp plus their heal is amazing, ur making all dmg pets useless and plus u took away 10 percent dmg of rogues without pet it feels we r fighting with no pet with warriors n mages.
Coming to mages I already seen mages with 484 dmg in lvl 33 which is alot of dmg before nerfing us mage use 3 or 4 skills in 1v1 and we r toasted and now u made us weakest in all classes it makes u feel like u r dummy ,end game ppl with
arcane ring n mythic bow dont feel the difference in dmg but what about low lvls think about it

-_- really? Rogues are OP as already is and you rogues do way more damage than the Mages due to your Aimed Shot.
330 damage at 33 and you expect to kill twinks? I've seen 26 rogues have more than 330 damage.. You're heal for 1v1 IMO better than the warriors heal. And at 33, you mostly face 31 twinks who have lower damage and everything than you so they must have more SKILL if they beat you. Idk if you're trolling or not but xD!

pradee
10-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Oh ya try to kill warriors and mage here u will surely feel the change buddy

Higuani
10-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Why you dont nerf rogues only at endgame ? Its just impossible to win now in 1vs1 vs a tank at twink under lvl20. They got more dmg as me now. HOW ???

Justfofun
10-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Oh ya try to kill warriors and mage here u will surely feel the change buddy

I did >_> ... Soooo it's you're skill as a rogue... ._.

Arkh
10-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Rogues being able to 1 shot classes shouldn't be possible. But it is.

& i'm the troll...

U should listen when i tell u something kid...

Arpluvial
10-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Hey guys!

I am going to go ahead and close this thread. We have an official class balance thread now that we are using for feedback - please feel free to post constructive thoughts here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?178151-Let-s-Talk-About-Class-Balance!